UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe she had tried colouring her own hair prior to the hairdresser visit (with lowlights hence two shades) and wasn't happy with the result, hence the hairdresser visit and the lack of dye everywhere in the bathroom. Not sure why the dye kits would still be there though.

Or maybe she had tried colouring her own hair prior to the hairdresser visit (with lowlights hence two shades) and wasn't happy with the result, hence the hairdresser visit and the lack of dye everywhere in the bathroom. Not sure why the dye kits would still be there though.

The hair colour may have nothing to do with the case, it could just be a red " hairing ", lol, but it seems to be mentioned in most articles about the case.
Maybe it comes down to whether or not Claudia was just doing her own hair, or someone else's.
If it is someone else, who? They may have been the last person in the house with Claudia.
Is the hair straightener missing because Claudia took it with her, or could it be a murder weapon?
speculation, imo.
Any chance that Claudia made a bit of money on the side doing hair and if so, did that anger any competition?

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11085753.print/
rbbm.
" "From our inquiries, it is doubtful that she would take them to work in her blue and grey Karrimor bag which has also never been found."

Police also revealed that a quantity of blonde hair dye was found in her house.

Det Supt Malyn said: "We know prior to her disappearance she was a brown colour but she did lighten her hair."

"Was she planning to go more blonde or colouring anybody else's hair?"

For the moment I think the hair dye is a red 'hairing' as Dotr puts it.
I also think NYP word their requests for help very cleverly indeed, it's more than an appeal for help, it's to play the psyche of the person they believe is involved with Claudia's murder. I believe they know who is involved but need a few people to come forward and provide the evidence to arrest. I think a few people are holding back through fear and the belief they are 'helping' a friend while doing so. There's going to be some folk that see keeping quiet and not mentioning something is the best course of action especially now and the passage of time.
I think somebody is going to find themselves in big trouble and I'll speculate one of them is a woman.

To come back to the video "The Loft":

There is the buddy, who is not only cheating on his wife/partner with a female stranger or lover, but also cheating on his wife/partner with the partners of his best friends ...
I could imagine a similar situation (perhaps only once happened) in the case, we have here - the "buddy" maybe female and failed to observe certain taboos. But: who is the "buddy" and who is the other party? To whom was it crucial to keep this partner and maybe not only out of just love?

I wonder if Claudia wasn't at home when she had the conversation with her mum, she may have been at someone elses home, a secret lover? so all her work stuff and straighteners would be there, the man friend could have got jealous about the texts from her friend in Cyprus

To come back to the video "The Loft":

There is the buddy, who is not only cheating on his wife/partner with a female stranger or lover, but also cheating on his wife/partner with the partners of his best friends ...
I could imagine a similar situation (perhaps only once happened) in the case, we have here - the "buddy" maybe female and failed to observe certain taboos. But: who is the "buddy" and who is the other party? To whom was it crucial to keep this partner and maybe not only out of just love?

This must be be the film you were referring to FromGermany, it is the original 2008 Dutch - Belgian film, " Loft ".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVp8-7OTiH8

www.mccannfiles.com

Kate McCann and Claudia Lawrence

More than 250,000 people are reported missing in the UK every year yet there is no law in place that makes it easy for their families to assume responsibility for their affairs in their absence.

"It's something you'd probably never consider a problem unless you found yourself in that situation," says Peter. "But thousands of families of missing adults cannot deal with the practical and legal issues that their missing relatives leave behind. Mortgages, banks, car insurance, telephone contracts – every practical aspect of adult life is just left hanging in the air.

"You make endless phone calls to explain the situation and all you get is 'You're not our customer', 'You're not our policy holder', 'We will need a signature from the account holder' – even though they know it's impossible. It's extremely frustrating and it happens when people are at their very lowest emotional ebb."

Btw: Ms+Mr McCann I don't believe re their missing daughter, sorry.

www.mccannfiles.com

Kate McCann and Claudia Lawrence

More than 250,000 people are reported missing in the UK every year yet there is no law in place that makes it easy for their families to assume responsibility for their affairs in their absence.

"It's something you'd probably never consider a problem unless you found yourself in that situation," says Peter. "But thousands of families of missing adults cannot deal with the practical and legal issues that their missing relatives leave behind. Mortgages, banks, car insurance, telephone contracts – every practical aspect of adult life is just left hanging in the air.

"You make endless phone calls to explain the situation and all you get is 'You're not our customer', 'You're not our policy holder', 'We will need a signature from the account holder' – even though they know it's impossible. It's extremely frustrating and it happens when people are at their very lowest emotional ebb."

Btw: Ms+Mr McCann I don't believe re their missing daughter, sorry.

From Germany, In your opinion, do you think the McCanns know much more than they are saying about their daughters disappearance?

It's just a gut feeling I had from the beginning, dotr.

Then your gut is telling you what my research at the time concluded. I saw Claudia's father unite with them in the beginning and my heart just sank for him. Thank you for your reply.

Traipsing through everything I've accumulated to find the link but I'm pretty sure police said it was on the side,used. You can also see from the police photos that the dyes were recently made up when the photo was taken

Here's the link to the hair dye
http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13171

Dotr said a couple of pages back, post 945 (I'm carp at multi quotes) that the Police said they thought the hair dye was very important to the case, it is, but not in the way we've been discussing over the last couple of pages.

I'm under the assumption the hair dye was found exactly as the photograph shows, in situ, on the toilet lid. That indicates to me it was one of the last things Claudia did before leaving the house. She obviously didn't use the toilet before leaving as she would have moved the dye.
But that isn't why the hair dye is important.

I'm under the assumption the hair dye was found exactly as the photograph shows, in situ, on the toilet lid. That indicates to me it was one of the last things Claudia did before leaving the house. She obviously didn't use the toilet before leaving as she would have moved the dye.
But that isn't why the hair dye is important.[/QUOTE]

I can't see her leaving the dye like that - she seemed incredibly tidy going by the photos of her house. Also, if she had to leave for work at 5am, would she really bother to dye her hair in the morning? If she did it before bed, then it wouldn't be on the loo seat. I think the police have laid it out like that.
I think it might be a false lead, possibly by the people/person that took/hurt Claudia. To make the police think that she was blonde when she left the house.
Also, did they check the drains? For freshly dyed hair strands? When I dye my hair, quite a lot of it goes down the drain when I rinse the dye off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then your gut is telling you what my research at the time concluded. I saw Claudia's father unite with them in the beginning and my heart just sank for him. Thank you for your reply.

In order to drop a hint, I see this:
A parent is very annoyed by his "maladjusted" (non-educable) daughter and does in a single moment something ill-considered, brutal (or refined as anesthetization in other cases). The result is a sudden death. The parent is desperate. Because the parent is very respected (profession, social class), there are friends to help cover up this disaster.

I see this:
A parent is very annoyed by his "maladjusted" daughter and does in a single moment something rash, brutal (or refined as stunning). The result is a sudden death. The parent is desperate. Because the parent is very respected (occupation, social class), there are friends to help cover up this disaster.

Hmmm... So why bother keeping in the public eye and constantly "looking" for Maddie? Surely better to let the matter drop after a while.

Hmmm... So why bother keeping in the public eye and constantly "looking" for Maddie? Surely better to let the matter drop after a while.

This course was taken and must be maintained forever and forever now, IMO.

Here's the link to the hair dye
http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13171

Dotr said a couple of pages back, post 945 (I'm carp at multi quotes) that the Police said they thought the hair dye was very important to the case, it is, but not in the way we've been discussing over the last couple of pages.

But that isn't why the hair dye is important.

What else??? Tell us! :)

IF Claudia looked similar to another person, then would she have had the chance to use this person's ID card? Had Claudia done a hair dye to look more similar to the pic? Had the person which is similar looking to Claudia "lost" her ID card?
I do not believe in this theory, but would like to ask.

In order to drop a hint, I see this:
A parent is very annoyed by his "maladjusted" (non-educable) daughter and does in a single moment something ill-considered, brutal (or refined as anesthetization in other cases). The result is a sudden death. The parent is desperate. Because the parent is very respected (profession, social class), there are friends to help cover up this disaster.

Yeah, that about covers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member