UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he already knew there was nobody following him?
Then on his return, after pausing to let the other person get ahead, he glances down the road to see if there's anyone else coming.

What if (and I'm not really serious in saying this but we may as well consider it) the person who stops and the person on Heworth Road were in on something together and one stopped deliberately to create a distance between them so that they wouldn't be seen together?

This is just pure speculation on my part (using the Occam's razor thingy)...... Claudia has been murdered, probably by someone she knew.......probably by a jealous person.....a man (MOO).....it's likely that there is at least one other person who suspects the murderer, but I don't understand why someone would cover for a murderer. I'm baffled, the physical evidence in this case seems to be non-existent, that's why I'm reluctant to believe anything happened to her in the house, there appears to be no evidence of anything in Claudia's house.

From Germany, I was being cautious :)

Yes, somebody who looks very much like Claudia.

Hair seems to pop up in this case, ie.the missing hair straightener, hair dye at the house. Wondering if Claudia was known to keep a blonde wig and if so, did someone else wear it that night?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ence-discovered-in-hunt-for-missing-chef.html

" A new finger tip examination carried out by the unit can now be revealed to have discovered evidence that Miss Lawrence may have altered her appearance shortly before she went missing.

Officers found hair dye in the house, in the York suburb of Heworth, and have also established that her hair straighteners were missing."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...g-Claudia-Lawrence-with-the-WRONG-hair-colour
rbbm.

"An international police hunt based on the 'blonde’ photo failed to trace her.

Detectives, who believe she was murdered, have long suspected her hair may be crucial to the case.

Her GHD hair straighteners were missing from her home and have never been found.

Officers found a quantity of blonde hair dye inside the house.

Yet Claudia’s hair stylist has revealed he helped her go back to her natural darker shade weeks earlier.

Nick Brignell said: "I know that she would colour it herself using a warm chestnut dye between visits."

So her hair was dark when she went missing (or at least, as last seen by work colleagues etc) but there was blond dye at the house. Do we know if this dye had been used recently? Or was it boxed up in a cupboard somewhere, possibly left over from her blonder days?

Yes I know what you mean about the hair dotr, it does seem to get mentioned a lot - I don't recall reading about how tall she is/was, or whether she wore jewellery etc, just a lot about hair. Oddly there was one picture of the friend she worked with at the university who appears to have exactly the same hairstyle (in the photo I saw at least), but then I suppose friends do share similarities. Maybe she changed her hair colour to please the mystery date? Maybe the publicity about hair, and the pictures of her with blonde hair when this wasn't her usual hair colour are to prompt suspicions about someone who has some kind of hair fetish?

Going back to the CCTV footage shown by the police in the area, the thought I can't seem to get out of my mind is that, if the person that pauses is RC (earlier in this thread someone posted a CCTV clip from early in the investigation, with a person apparently identified as RC by the police, who looked remarkably similar to the person in the recently shown footage) why show footage of a person who died some time ago except to get a response from someone. Which means that there probably isn't anything to see in the footage that would mean anything to anyone except to a person or persons who had involvement in some way with RC. Maybe he was coerced into doing something? An earlier poster mentioned that he had died when the investigation was at an early stage, and had been ruled out of the investigation by the police in any case. If he had previously been in good health could something have hastened his decline? I feel somewhat uncomfortable implicating a dead man though who was in all likelihood totally innocent.

Just a few other random thoughts - I feel like I'm hogging the thread here, I keep popping back in between washing up and such like, but then there aren't many people around. None of these ideas are connected, just speculation, looking for different directions to go in, not sure whether they have been mentioned before:

- Could she have been pregnant? Might be a reason why someone wanted her out of the way. Or, more optimistically, could she have gone into hiding knowing this, for her own safety and is still in hiding feeling like she can't ever come back.

- Maybe her disappearance wasn't anything to do with the relationships she had, but because of something she knew. The pub seems to be a hotbed of loyalties etc. I remember reading that you could see into her house from the pub, I don't like the thought of this. Maybe she could see into the pub from her house. My feeling is that although outwardly vivacious she was quite an insecure person, possibly easily manipulated, possibly too trusting, possibly got into something she didn't know how to get out of (hence the longing to visit friend abroad)?

- She lived very close to student accommodation, very transient population, lots of overseas students. The pub might be a red herring. If the perpetrator were a student, they could be long since gone particularly if an overseas student. Again, not wanting a pregnancy to continue could be (one of many) reasons for someone coming to harm.

- Someone on here mentioned accidental death, this fits in just about as well as anything else, given that so little seems known.

- I too don't think anything happened in her house. Maybe she went out for the evening and never came back but someone else did and tried to get in the back hence the activity at the back alleyway. Or maybe someone used her garden for storage and had to get back to remove evidence (proximity to the pub springs to mind again)

- My gut feeling is that she did set off for work, either from her own home or from elsewhere, with her phone and bag with work clothes but no purse (either forgot it or didn't need it, or had been away from home unexpectedly for the night and didn't bother to go home for it). Maybe her work has lockers so she could have kept things she needed there.

- I don't know why, but I think the couple on the bridge was a mistaken identity.

It's certainly a conundrum. It looks to me now like the Police are doing all they can to "shake the tree" in the hope that something falls out.

My take on it is still broadly the same. Sometime between speaking to her mother on the phone and the unanswered text, some harm came to her, not at her own house, but somewhere in the neighbourhood, for reasons as yet unknown. She had already taken her work clothes and mobile and bag with her hair straighteners etc in it to wherever she went that night.

Given that she was an inveterate texter I find the fact that she didn't reply to the Cyprus guy's text indicative of the fact that she was dead by then.

I wonder also if there was an accidental/semi accidental/manslaughter element to her death which several people with various things to lose have conspired to keep quiet. I did also wonder about the "good news, darling, I'm pregnant" scenario - if the BF was married/otherwise committed, this would not have been good news. There's also the issue of whether or not she was dumping old BF in favour of new BF. If you put the two together, you get "darling I've met someone new AND I'm having his baby" which is enough to get anyone riled.

I also think all the stuff about the next morning, left handed smokers and couples arguing with the car door open is irrelevant hokum

She died that night, and for some reason, several people conspired to cover it up and hide the body and the evidence .

That's my take

PS in this post BF = boyfriend

The Telegraph:

Police release images of bus passenger in hunt for missing chef Claudia Lawrence
Police have released pictures of a man they believe could hold vital clues to the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence, the missing university chef.

They say the passenger seen getting on the 5.93am Coastliner service at East Parade bears striking similarities to the man involved in the argument.

He bought a single ticket to Leeds and his journey would have taken him along the Miss Lawrence's two-mile route to work from her home in Heworth Road.

he man was wearing a dark-coloured jacket with what appears to be a lighter coloured hoodie top underneath. He was also wearing blue jeans and had short, mid-brown hair.

He appeared to be of slim build and was carrying a brown-coloured bag.

The man paid for his fare with his left hand and the man involved in the argument was smoking a cigarette which he held in his left hand.

ManOnBusClaudia.jpg

What about this unknown man?

The Telegraph:

Police release images of bus passenger in hunt for missing chef Claudia Lawrence
Police have released pictures of a man they believe could hold vital clues to the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence, the missing university chef.

They say the passenger seen getting on the 5.93am Coastliner service at East Parade bears striking similarities to the man involved in the argument.

He bought a single ticket to Leeds and his journey would have taken him along the Miss Lawrence's two-mile route to work from her home in Heworth Road.

he man was wearing a dark-coloured jacket with what appears to be a lighter coloured hoodie top underneath. He was also wearing blue jeans and had short, mid-brown hair.

The man paid for his fare with his left hand and the man involved in the argument was smoking a cigarette which he held in his left hand.

View attachment 73837

Why do I get the feeling police are just going here,there and everywhere with this now

I must admit the hair dye threw me, why would somebody mid week change their hair colour after having it done recently by a hairdresser to a dark colour? Then I thought if the rumours were true she may have had a 'job' locally that required a blond lady.
I think there's a photo of a hair dye kit standing on a closed toilet seat, I'm assuming it's Claudia's kit, saw it a week or so ago and didn't check its authenticity.

Edited to add.
Maybe a friend called in to have her hair dyed?

It's certainly a conundrum. It looks to me now like the Police are doing all they can to "shake the tree" in the hope that something falls out.

My take on it is still broadly the same. Sometime between speaking to her mother on the phone and the unanswered text, some harm came to her, not at her own house, but somewhere in the neighbourhood, for reasons as yet unknown. She had already taken her work clothes and mobile and bag with her hair straighteners etc in it to wherever she went that night.

Given that she was an inveterate texter I find the fact that she didn't reply to the Cyprus guy's text indicative of the fact that she was dead by then.

I wonder also if there was an accidental/semi accidental/manslaughter element to her death which several people with various things to lose have conspired to keep quiet. I did also wonder about the "good news, darling, I'm pregnant" scenario - if the BF was married/otherwise committed, this would not have been good news. There's also the issue of whether or not she was dumping old BF in favour of new BF. If you put the two together, you get "darling I've met someone new AND I'm having his baby" which is enough to get anyone riled.

I also think all the stuff about the next morning, left handed smokers and couples arguing with the car door open is irrelevant hokum

She died that night, and for some reason, several people conspired to cover it up and hide the body and the evidence .

That's my take

PS in this post BF = boyfriend

I agree - it is very odd that Claudia did not respond to the text from Cyprus....even if she had gone to bed and was asleep by then ? surely she would have responded in the morning ........we have been told she was a prolific texter, she would not have left that text unanswered.
I also think there is more than one person who knows what happened, but I doubt they will ever break ranks and advise the police.

The Telegraph:

View attachment 73837

I actually remember this article and photograph when it was originally published, not long after Claudia disappeared. I take it that this man is not relevant to Claudia's disappearance as it has not been brought up by the police since.

This is just pure speculation on my part (using the Occam's razor thingy)...... Claudia has been murdered, probably by someone she knew.......probably by a jealous person.....a man (MOO).....it's likely that there is at least one other person who suspects the murderer, but I don't understand why someone would cover for a murderer. I'm baffled, the physical evidence in this case seems to be non-existent, that's why I'm reluctant to believe anything happened to her in the house, there appears to be no evidence of anything in Claudia's house.

I think some people (not aimed at you Ellie) believe murder has to be messy, it doesn't. If NYP thought there were no signs of a struggle or blood initially and that Claudia left for work as usual and then they change their mind the Police know it's possible there just was NO trace of a murder. Iyswim.

I think some people (not aimed at you Ellie) believe murder has to be messy, it doesn't. If NYP thought there were no signs of a struggle or blood initially and that Claudia left for work as usual and then they change their mind the Police know it's possible there just was NO trace of a murder. Iyswim.

Oh I agree Robin, lack of tangible evidence does not mean a crime did not occur in Claudia's house, but that along with the logistical difficulty of removing a body from her property without leaving any evidence or not being seen in a residential area means it is unlikely but far from impossible.

Was thinking about Claudia's phone.... It went off on the 19th at about 12.10pm, someone earlier mentioned that up until that time it was connected to the East York mast (not sure that this is official, so I am making a pure assumption that this info is correct). The East York mast supposedly covers her house, the university and her walking route to work. Does this mean that Claudia was likely in that area until that time?...thoughts anyone.

Just that the phone was, would be my guess, but I am no expert

If I wanted to get rid of a body in York I'd put it in something weighted down with heavy rocks and put it in the river. Or off the cliffs somewhere on the coast where there's deep water close inshore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14