UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rayteccctv.com/_assets/l...7d4cc0469b9/White-Paper_-_Lighting_Theory.pdf

"Demonstration that Reflectance depends on the Material

"Lighting Theory
Consider the two images above. The image on the left,
illuminated by White-Light shows both people to be
wearing black clothing. However, the image on the right,
illuminated by Infra-Red makes it appear that one person
is wearing light coloured clothing and the other is wearing
dark coloured clothing.
Although both items of clothing appear black under
White-Light illumination (because they absorb the light)
one of the items reflects large amounts of IR and appears
white under IR lighting conditions"

This looks like an interesting way to identify people in cctv images, imo.
One does not have to have a close-up to identify a face, gender or colour.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/japanese-cctv-system-identifies-criminals-by-way-they-walk-1433150

"Japanese scientists have designed the first computer program for criminal investigators that can identify people captured on CCTV security camera footage with 99% accuracy by measuring how they walk, together with other physical characteristics.

A sequence of images from one camera that shows an individual in movement is fed into the specially designed piece of software, and once the person's walking style, including hand movements and stride - collectively known as gait recognition - has been identified, the system can see whether the footage from other CCTV cameras offers up a match"

Both Dotr and Yozzer show good examples of what I meant about clothing reflecting different hues when under IR.
Another reason something would appear white would be a heat source but I don't think it's valid here.

Do mean like this? (Sorry if this link's a bit naff)
http://www.john-tom.com/AirsoftPaintball/Camouflage/Camo.html

I guess the main thing is whether we all agree there is a figure standing there whose face is visible (not to the point of being identified but perhaps indicating he may have noticed the mystery man in Heworth Pl.). What I would like to know is has he been spotted and questioned so we can eliminate him?

IIRC didn't they search a house somewhere along there? That footage is maybe why, I don't know.
There somebody there for sure, I don't think it's a trick of the light, imo it's a person.

how did bin men get access to claudia and neighbours bins if there aren't any gates leading to alleyway ? Looked on google street view and no bins at front of properties either, where did they keep their bins ?

how did bin men get access to claudia and neighbours bins if there aren't any gates leading to alleyway ? Looked on google street view and no bins at front of properties either, where did they keep their bins ?

I think, at the alley way back to her house?

AlleyClaudia.jpg

You make a good point as I don't recall seeing a back gate in 46 Heworth Road. The bins were not habitually left in the alley either as an earlier version of googlemaps shows.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9...ftVT1lKxBbFMsmg!2e0!5s20080801T000000!6m1!1e1

Just been looking at police reconstruction of couple arguing near uni, it shows burgundy car with door open, imo this car looks like it could be an estate ? In the google maps yozzer posted above there is a similar car in heworth place opposite alleyway, i have looked on google streetview and it shows similiar car parked further down the street parked outside a terraced house. I wonder if police checked this out ?

Just been looking at police reconstruction of couple arguing near uni, it shows burgundy car with door open, imo this car looks like it could be an estate ? In the google maps yozzer posted above there is a similar car in heworth place opposite alleyway, i have looked on google streetview and it shows similiar car parked further down the street parked outside a terraced house. I wonder if police checked this out ?

I think it's highly likely the Police have been to Google and got the original footage and looked at as many registration plates as possible. Unless the cars have been scrapped my guess is they have checked who sold what and when and had a Cadaver dog give them a once over. At this late stage of the game I would have.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/claudia-lawrence-missing-man-fifties-5386239

'But the new team believe she may have let someone into her home, who then escaped through the alley'

Interesting wording. No mention of removing Claudia via the back alley, just escaped through the back alley. I'm taking a leap to say they could be suggesting Claudia was moved at another time of the night/day. I did notice cameras along Heworth place on what I think could be the student housing in 2008 but the angle might not stretch to the road.

This is true. Unfortunately the vehicle (Volvo estate) in the 2008 Google map has an N registration whereas the vehicle parked at the other end of Heworth Place in the 2014 appears to be a newer model. There is no sunroof and what looks like a personalised plate. However, this doesn't mean it isn't the same owner who has upgraded to a newer model! Also, I have a pic of what looks like the same car in 2012 parked at same place - but with a different reg! I assume that the 2012 reg was it's original plate and by 2014, it had a personalised plate.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sKe9xu99pVYFoTLBm_LO4-Q!2e0
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sd7IGOehITisS0LuwFkK1Bw!2e0

Also notable are the 'prestige' vehicles in Heworth Place. I can see a Jag, and a Mercedes convertible which suggests a particular type of owner imo.

This is true. Unfortunately the vehicle (Volvo estate) in the 2008 Google map has an N registration whereas the vehicle parked at the other end of Heworth Place in the 2014 appears to be a newer model. There is no sunroof and what looks like a personalised plate. However, this doesn't mean it isn't the same owner who has upgraded to a newer model! Also, I have a pic of what looks like the same car in 2012 parked at same place - but with a different reg! I assume that the 2012 reg was it's original plate and by 2014, it had a personalised plate.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sKe9xu99pVYFoTLBm_LO4-Q!2e0
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sd7IGOehITisS0LuwFkK1Bw!2e0

Also notable are the 'prestige' vehicles in Heworth Place. I can see a Jag, and a Mercedes convertible which suggests a particular type of owner imo.

I'm trying to get my bearings on what backs on to what at the rear of the properties. On East Parade in 2008 we have a very small branch of the Nat West (surely they had cameras at the back) then at the end of Heworth place where the prestige cars are I can see a fence where there's some cars on the other side and then there's another prestige car in what appears to be a separate car park to the rear of the Nags head (look down the side of the pub in 2008) All these roads/back up and converge.
Does anybody know why there's another separate car park at the back of the Nag? Do we know what's there?

I'm trying to get my bearings on what backs on to what at the rear of the properties. On East Parade in 2008 we have a very small branch of the Nat West (surely they had cameras at the back) then at the end of Heworth place where the prestige cars are I can see a fence where there's some cars on the other side and then there's another prestige car in what appears to be a separate car park to the rear of the Nags head (look down the side of the pub in 2008) All these roads/back up and converge.
Does anybody know why there's another separate car park at the back of the Nag? Do we know what's there?

I'm pretty sure that will be the garage area.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/claudia-lawrence-mum-shocked-police-5239778

Just a further point on this question: I think they didn't use wheelie bins until quite recently as this pic from 2012 shows an old style dustbin and black sacks in the alley. A read of York CCs website reveals that some terraced properties did not get wheelie bins due to access issues and were issued with black sacks and/or a black plastic box. There is a pic online of the rear of CLs property (garden) where a black box and an old style bin are evident. The York CC website specifically states that collection from this property is at the 'edge of property at the front' and wheelie bins are now available which presumably must stand in front of the properties. I think this concludes that there were no wheelie bins available at the time of Claudia's disappearance which has implications in relation to how the alley was used.

2012: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9...!1e1!3m2!1sM2Sk1dME68CN11xra_kS1Q!2e0!6m1!1e1

The alley way is kind of creepy, even without trash and garbage bags.

Another car:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-chef-claudia-lawrence-police-385965

She received a text from another friend at 9.12pm - at which time the truck is known to have been outside. The text is the last known contact with her, although it is not known if she read it.

Detective Superintendent Ray Galloway said the vehicle was seen close to Claudia's home in Heworth, York, at 9.01pm and was caught on a bus CCTV camera driving out of the area at 9.37pm.

He said: "Why was it there? Who was in it? I'd ask anybody if they know who that vehicle belongs to, if they have been offered that vehicle for sale, if they have been asked to clean that vehicle over the past couple of weeks. Please come forward.

"That vehicle may have nothing at all to do with the disappearance of Claudia.

" However, this is something I definitely need to establish. Who was with that vehicle and why it was there at that time." Det Supt Galloway said police were studying other CCTV footage from across the city for further sightings of the pick- up and a glimpse of pick-up and a glimpse of its registration number.

Sorry for the late response here, things have been a wee bit crazy this week (all good now)

There is a garage (mechanic type) down the alley/road besides the nags head (at the back to the right of the nags head) I think a lot of the cars behind the nags are in relation to the garage, and parking space too. It's possible the garage may specialize in high end vehicle repair, but that's just a guess.

I haven't posted for a while on this thread but I do keep coming back and reading up on what others have posted.
It seems to have gone quiet in the news again, I'm presuming those men released on bail are still on bail. I do wonder if we'll ever hear any more or sadly whether Claudias case will just remain open on file.
I hope not though, I cannot imagine how her family feel as I never knew her yet really want to know what happened to her! No one disappears into thin air.

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=...d=0COIBEK0DMD5qFQoTCMPy_tWDo8YCFeL-cgodfDwMCw

Mr Cartwright died of a heart attack and was found at his home on April 9, three weeks after the university chef went missing. The police investigation has now focussed elsewhere.

His sister, Carol Hodgson, and niece Gemma Hodgson, said they did not want the search of his homes to overshadow the fact he was a kind, gentle man with hundreds of friends throughout York.

Sorry, if I tell you my very spontaneous idea when reading this article again: Has the coffin of RC ever been searched? Maybe there was a person who wouldn't have liked RC's good name to be sullied. - Well, I admit it is reminiscent of a thriller ... but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PamR