UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was claudia waitinbg for a lift ?

The image is grainy but it looks like a larger male physique. I don't have the technology to 'clean up' cctv images but I suggest...surely the police have looked at this, since they would have access to the whole film rather than the small portion released to the public? He could have been waiting for a lift..or he could have been waiting for a.n. other to turn up and assist him in some way (remember, the male who walked round the back of Heworth Rd a few minutes later)...or he could be an unconnected person who happened to be walking in Heworth Rd at a crucial time. We may never know.

http://s2.excoboard.com/Courthouse_Steps_Mavens/122775/2071956

The secret life of missing chef Claudia Lawrence - and the 'numerous liaisons' with married men

From your link:

'Yesterday it was revealed that she had an affair two-and-a-half years ago with married scrap-metal merchant LH, 38, from York.'.................
'The Mail on Sunday has been given the names of two more men, both married, who allegedly had affairs with her.

Neither of them could be contacted last week but it is understood that they have been questioned by detectives. Interest in one of the men increased when it emerged that he had sent his Ford Mondeo to a scrapyard. It was later searched by officers and they have still not allowed it to be released. The car’s owner is not believed to have had an affair with Claudia. '

Suspicious behaviour from someone who claims to be innocent.

From your link:

'Yesterday it was revealed that she had an affair two-and-a-half years ago with married scrap-metal merchant LH, 38, from York.'.................
'The Mail on Sunday has been given the names of two more men, both married, who allegedly had affairs with her.

Neither of them could be contacted last week but it is understood that they have been questioned by detectives. Interest in one of the men increased when it emerged that he had sent his Ford Mondeo to a scrapyard. It was later searched by officers and they have still not allowed it to be released. The car’s owner is not believed to have had an affair with Claudia. '

Suspicious behaviour from someone who claims to be innocent.

In TV crime stories sometimes there are dead bodies hidden in cars which should be scrapped ... :thinking:

http://www.yorkmix.com/news/crime/w...v-shows-suspicious-figure-near-claudias-home/

Eighty-one year old Thomas Ward knew Claudia by sight. “I know she knocked about with some girls – was it Thursday night they had drinks at the pub?”

Mr Ward said he had once witnessed someone bundle Claudia into their car, seemingly by force – and had reported what he had seen to police.

Good grief! A description of the vehicle in question would be most helpful. Did the reporter press him for this? Perhaps the police told him not to divulge it. Also, I note on the first still from the cctv clip, the man in white top across the road appears to be facing towards the mystery man!

http://www.yorkmix.com/news/crime/w...v-shows-suspicious-figure-near-claudias-home/

Eighty-one year old Thomas Ward knew Claudia by sight. “I know she knocked about with some girls – was it Thursday night they had drinks at the pub?”

Mr Ward said he had once witnessed someone bundle Claudia into their car, seemingly by force – and had reported what he had seen to police.

Whaaaattt? What the heck's that all about??!?!

I wonder if he reported it at the time, or after she vanished.

Good grief! A description of the vehicle in question would be most helpful. Did the reporter press him for this? Perhaps the police told him not to divulge it. Also, I note on the first still from the cctv clip, the man in white top across the road appears to be facing towards the mystery man!

I have very good quality CCTV at home. In my rear yard the infra red picks everything up really clearly but for anybody stood outside it's pitch black, almost zero visibility. Like Yozzer, I noticed the man over the road was facing the mystery man, now is it possible the mystery man couldn't see the watcher? Maybe we can see him because we are seeing through the CCTV's infra red. The mystery man would be visible to the watcher due to the street lighting, but not vice versa imo.

I have very good quality CCTV at home. In my rear yard the infra red picks everything up really clearly but for anybody stood outside it's pitch black, almost zero visibility. Like Yozzer, I noticed the man over the road was facing the mystery man, now is it possible the mystery man couldn't see the watcher? Maybe we can see him because we are seeing through the CCTV's infra red. The mystery man would be visible to the watcher due to the street lighting, but not vice versa imo.

Do you think it's possible he may have made out the white top?

Do you think it's possible he may have made out the white top?

I'm puzzled by the late reaction of the mystery man to the guy crossing from left to right across the entrance to Heworth Place. The mystery man stopped and hesitated for something, maybe he did see the white jacket of hanging basket man, I'm not sure. What I do know is he would have seen far less than we can.

Maybe a local could wait until it's dark and go walk the route with their friendly dog ;) I'm sure somebody wouldn't mind testing out the visibility.

I'm puzzled by the late reaction of the mystery man to the guy crossing from left to right across the entrance to Heworth Place. The mystery man stopped and hesitated for something, maybe he did see the white jacket of hanging basket man, I'm not sure. What I do know is he would have seen far less than we can.

I wonder why the "hanging basket man" dressed himself with a white/bright shirt/jacket, IF he didn't want to be seen.

The "mystery man", when started going on after his stop, at the corner of the building he turned his head to Heworth Place right and Heworth Road in his back. Out of that direction he seemingly suspected a possibly threat.
IF he did know the "hanging basket man" standing across the street for a specific and known reason, the "mystery man" hadn't to look straight at him but only from the corner of his eye. I think, the "mystery man" must have seen the other despite darkness, also because of the street light on Heworth Place.

Maybe a local could wait until it's dark and go walk the route with their friendly dog ;) I'm sure somebody wouldn't mind testing out the visibility.

For this post #1234 there is no "Thanks" button. (I have some more difficulties with WS; do you have too??)

For this post #1234 there is no "Thanks" button. (I have some more difficulties with WS; do you have too??)

I think it's when you read back and try and ''thank' quite a few posts at once, I admit to having had similar problems, refresh screen with F5 and try again.

I wonder why the "hanging basket man" dressed himself with a white/bright shirt/jacket, IF he didn't want to be seen.

I THINK it may be not a white jacket. It's possible (an expert is needed) that the jacket was really dark and because white light is needed to reflect an image, it's reflected as white light rather than black. Somebody who knows a lot about IR cameras or science would know. It does need checking.

I THINK it may be not a white jacket. It's possible (an expert is needed) that the jacket was really dark and because white light is needed to reflect an image, it's reflected as white light rather than black. Somebody who knows a lot about IR cameras or science would know. It does need checking.

That problem I have had in the Sonia Varaschin case re the video of the gazebo and the men in it. I would like to know more.

Do mean like this? (Sorry if this link's a bit naff)
http://www.john-tom.com/AirsoftPaintball/Camouflage/Camo.html

I guess the main thing is whether we all agree there is a figure standing there whose face is visible (not to the point of being identified but perhaps indicating he may have noticed the mystery man in Heworth Pl.). What I would like to know is has he been spotted and questioned so we can eliminate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark1966