UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory giving one explanation for the text not being replied to, to confirm the theory it might help to know exactly what was in the last text from the Cyprus guy. Now, it will need checking but I'm sure I read that either JK or SC we're discussing a holiday to Greece with Claudia. She might have been being polite to Cyprus man and if he was getting a little too excited about her going, she may have tried to pull away from the subject. Also re the morning, if I texted any of my mates at 5.30am, unless it was an emergency, they really wouldn't appreciate it.

Germany, a few pages back I theorised the Police must have thought him younger because the went looking for the young 20 something chap catching a bus to Leeds. If they didn't believe him young then surely they wouldn't have concentrated on it, jmo.

I didn't know that connection. Thank you! The pic of the "bus man" I know.

I didn't know that connection. Thank you! The pic of the "bus man" I know.

I suspect that they enquired about the bus man because he was in the area at the time (early in the morning when Claudia would've been on her way to work), I'm not sure that his age was relevant......jmo

I suspect that they enquired about the bus man because he was in the area at the time (early in the morning when Claudia would've been on her way to work), I'm not sure that his age was relevant......jmo

Ellie, do you think the Police would mislead people to think he was young, by their choice of an actor or do you think they would have obscured his outline more to cover a wider spectrum of ages? I think they would have been careful in their choice.

On your map (thank you, super in detail!) I'm spotting another Uni area: Heslington East. IF the man of bridge/Uni took Claudia from the last meeting point to somewhere, it could be the Heslington East area and around. Were police searching there too?

I'm trying to think back. Heslington east is a fairly new complex, trying to remember if it was under construction in 2009 or pre construction? Hmm, vague memory of something there but I think that might be another case, Megan Roberts I think?

Ellie, do you think the Police would mislead people to think he was young, by their choice of an actor or do you think they would have obscured his outline more to cover a wider spectrum of ages? I think they would have been careful in their choice.

I see what you are saying, not sure why they would use a youngish looking actor, everyone they've arrested has been in their 50's or so..

Think they were starting to construct phase 1 then as this link says 'buildings and facilities were fully functioning from October 2009' so the groundworks/drainage works would have been well under way in March 2009.

https://www.york.ac.uk/colleges/goodricke/campus-development/

Right, and here is the streetview from 2012
You don't see any of the buildings from the ariel view on google maps, so that footage must be old. There is a lot more there now. My gut still thinks thats where she is, well the Uni somewhere. So many pretty remote areas where you could have hidden a body knowing construction was going to cover it up for you.

I have asked before, but does anyone know if police actually searched this area when Claudia first went missing?

Not sure if this search went beyond the university grounds but is dated March 26th 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/north_yorkshire/7965213.stm

Police said detailed searches were being carried out at Miss Lawrence's home and on land at the university.
More than 100 officers have joined the search as well as extra officers from other forces.

Sixty five volunteers from mountain rescue teams have also been drafted in to help comb the university grounds.

Edited to add this search dated March 24th 2010.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/751...university-where-Claudia-Lawrence-worked.html

The latest search is being conducted in an area known as “The Outgang” in Heslington, close to the university campus.

Edited to add this search dated March 24th 2010.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/751...university-where-Claudia-Lawrence-worked.html

The latest search is being conducted in an area known as “The Outgang” in Heslington, close to the university campus.

Thanks! I'll add that to the map. I know exactly where that is as it's where I used to go play footy!

ETA: Whoah!! Major flashback. I just suddenly remembered this search. I used to go to the outgang often, even just a few years ago for a kick around with my DH. And I went and looked around in the fields after the police had searched there. Where's my head at? LOL I remember what looked like freshly moved earth in the field next to the cricket/football pitch, and wasn't sure if the police had dug there, I remember seeing a couple of JCB diggers and a lot of tire tracks.

The Outgang (streetview look)

Thanks! I'll add that to the map. I know exactly where that is as it's where I used to go play footy!

ETA: Whoah!! Major flashback. I just suddenly remembered this search. I used to go to the outgang often, even just a few years ago for a kick around with my DH. And I went and looked around in the fields after the police had searched there. Where's my head at? LOL I remember what looked like freshly moved earth in the field next to the cricket/football pitch, and wasn't sure if the police had dug there, I remember seeing a couple of JCB diggers and a lot of tire tracks.

The Outgang (streetview look)

Well, I've just been googling these searches and apparently that Heslington search came about through a hoax call, the man was later imprisoned for making those calls so not sure that search is really relevant after all. Or is it? I don't know, it's still a Claudia search.

I'm glad you put it on the map though because that's why I started googling it, it seemed so far out from where everything else has happened and that's when I came to see the below.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/features/11035054.Claudia_Lawrence__timeline/

March – Hoax calls start a four-day search in Heslington following the first anniversary of Claudias disappearance.

Well, I've just been googling these searches and apparently that Heslington search came about through a hoax call, the man was later imprisoned for making those calls so not sure that search is really relevant after all. Or is it? I don't know, it's still a Claudia search.

I'm glad you put it on the map though because that's why I started googling it, it seemed so far out from where everything else has happened and that's when I came to see the below.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/features/11035054.Claudia_Lawrence__timeline/

March – Hoax calls start a four-day search in Heslington following the first anniversary of Claudias disappearance.

"April – Former York man Richard O’Rourke, 48, of Lincoln, is jailed for 18 months for hoax calls on the first anniversary of Claudia’s disappearance which suggested she was buried in Heslington."

Damn, I'll keep it on the map anyway. So many things are crazy about this whole thing, you never know

"April – Former York man Richard O’Rourke, 48, of Lincoln, is jailed for 18 months for hoax calls on the first anniversary of Claudia’s disappearance which suggested she was buried in Heslington."

Damn, I'll keep it on the map anyway. So many things are crazy about this whole thing,
you never know

You're right, curiosity at least should keep it on there.

If I had a boyfriend, who is in a longtime relationship with somebody else, I would not choose to go to a pub in his area but in another area (neither Heworth nor Acomb). Why was she going to Acomb?
Claudia's car was being repaired for a few weeks (btw why did it take so long???), she had no car to use, why nonetheless especially at this time going to the Acomb area? Somehow illogical. At this time I had prefered my Nag's Head as usual.
If she was going to a pub, she was also going to take some drinks. She wasn't allowed to drive a car after some beers/drinks; why then visit a pub far away?? Somehow illogical too. Had she been picked up by someone? Did she travel by taxi? Are there witnesses from taxi industry?
Who did know rather exactly, that she didn't have a car available for weeks and would walk to her job place daily in the early morning: the auto repair shop or the private mechanic ...............??

I have no answers as you see, but only questions. :(

If I had a boyfriend, who is in a longtime relationship with somebody else, I would not choose to go to a pub in his area but in another area (neither Heworth nor Acomb). Why was she going to Acomb?
Claudia's car was being repaired for a few weeks (btw why did it take so long???), she had no car to use, why nonetheless especially at this time going to the Acomb area? Somehow illogical. At this time I had prefered my Nag's Head as usual.
If she was going to a pub, she was also going to take some drinks. She wasn't allowed to drive a car after some beers/drinks; why then visit a pub far away?? Somehow illogical too. Had she been picked up by someone? Did she travel by taxi? Are there witnesses from taxi industry?
Who did know rather exactly, that she didn't have a car available for weeks and would walk to her job place daily in the early morning: the auto repair shop or the private mechanic ...............??

I have no answers as you see, but only questions. :(

What if the new boyfriend lived in or used The Acomb himself before he knew Claudia intimately? Maybe he did use the Nag but his local at the time was The Acomb, so Claudia made a particular effort to bump into him in the Acomb. She might have got a lift by the ex colleague (name escapes me) to The Acomb on the understanding she got a taxi home herself. She might have felt vulnerable alone waiting for the new boyfriend to drop in and used the ex colleague for company while she waited.
As you can see, I have many questions too.

What if the new boyfriend lived in or used The Acomb himself before he knew Claudia intimately? Maybe he did use the Nag but his local at the time was The Acomb, so Claudia made a particular effort to bump into him in the Acomb. She might have got a lift by the ex colleague (name escapes me) to The Acomb on the understanding she got a taxi home herself. She might have felt vulnerable alone waiting for the new boyfriend to drop in and used the ex colleague for company while she waited.
As you can see, I have many questions too.

You didn't ask, but I want to answer: Mike S. :)

Edit:
Yust a thought: Didn't she know the boyfriend much longer? In any case the relationship was no longer at the stage of getting to know each other?

Once more re the "bus man" driving to Leeds:

When I look at this one pic, I think the man could be between 35-40 yo; he doesn't look like an U30.

His clothing isn't the same as the clothing of "man on bridge/man near Uni": trouser wrong style, hoodie wrong colour, jacket questionable.
Where should the clothing have been, which he was wearing before: in his brown bag?

Where had he changed clothes: on the street?? At the home of a friend? What friend and where? Friend hadn't any questions? Where had the burgundy car disappeared?

IF it was a "hitman", then he certainly made too many mistakes: seen on bridge with victim, seen on bridge smoking!, seen near Uni with victim, argueing with victim 2 times, being filmed in bus at a very suspicious time, buying a ticket to a clear address: Leeds, using his left hand (instead of the other out of intention to mislead a few people).

IF he was a stranger in the Heworth area, then he would be very suspicious at this time in the early morning and on this day. IF police didn't find him until now, it would be much more suspicious. What role did he play and in which way? :thinking:

Edit: Man in bus' height wasn't that tall; man on bridge and man near Uni seemed to be taller.

Once more re the "bus man" driving to Leeds:

When I look at this one pic, I think the man could be between 35-40 yo; he doesn't look like an U30.

His clothing isn't the same as the clothing of "man on bridge/man near Uni": trouser wrong style, hoodie wrong colour, jacket questionable.
Where should the clothing have been, which he was wearing before: in his brown bag?

Where had he changed clothes: on the street?? At the home of a friend? What friend and where? Friend hadn't any questions? Where had the burgundy car disappeared?

IF it was a "hitman", then he certainly made too many mistakes: seen on bridge with victim, seen on bridge smoking!, seen near Uni with victim, argueing with victim 2 times, being filmed in bus at a very suspicious time, buying a ticket to a clear address: Leeds, using his left hand (instead of the other out of intention to mislead a few people).

IF he was a stranger in the Heworth area, then he would be very suspicious at this time in the early morning and on this day. IF police didn't find him until now, it would be much more suspicious. What role did he play and in which way? :thinking:

Edit: Man in bus' height wasn't that tall; man on bridge and man near Uni seemed to be taller.

I take it that the "bus man" was identified/came forward as the police are no longer looking to identify the man. He doesn't appear to be involved in Claudia's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55