UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the final unanswered text at 9.10pm
This makes me feel sure that something happened that night.

If Claudia was watching the Location programme and getting ready for bed ( as she told her mother ) then she must have been a very quick sleeper if she was already in bed and asleep by 9.10pm, bcos the Location programme would have only finished 10 minutes earlier. I would have thought it more likely that she was still awake and therefore able to reply to the text.

Unless of course she had switched off her phone for overnight at 9pm. Although I have never seen any report re this and would have thought it might be mentioned by the police as being relevant.
But even allowing for that, surely she would have responded to the text in the morning, while having breakfast and before going to work ( all reports say she was a prolific texter so would have been odd not to reply ).

One thing that puzzles me ( well amongst many really ! ) is ..... if the couple seen arguing were not Claudia and A N Other, then why have they never come forward.
This sighting has been given so much publicity over the years, how could they not know the police are asking for them to come forward. And what could be so important that they would not want to help the police to eliminate a false sighting.

True - and same with this "unexpected visitor", the "friend in Acomb", "the man she spent the night with" and "straggly haired man". Some of these things HAVE to be connected...

Yes apparently, but why not tip anonymously....that's the bit I don't get, it seems unlikely that there are many people who know the truth (who are innocent of wrongdoing) why wouldn't they tell even anonymously ? What's your thoughts on the reason for that Robin ?

Just plain old self-preservation IMO. If only certain people know what happened it wouldn't be hard to work out who grassed.

One thing that puzzles me ( well amongst many really ! ) is ..... if the couple seen arguing were not Claudia and A N Other, then why have they never come forward.
This sighting has been given so much publicity over the years, how could they not know the police are asking for them to come forward. And what could be so important to them that they did not feel able to speak out and help the police to eliminate a false sighting.

Yes, this is why I think that sighting was Claudia, probably the Melrose gate bridge sighting too, I don't think anyone came forward for that sighting either, also the man was described as wearing a black hoodie in both sightings.

Yes, this is why I think that sighting was Claudia, probably the Melrose gate bridge sighting too, I don't think anyone came forward for that sighting either, also the man was described as wearing a black hoodie in both sightings.

I agree to both sightings, it's just too much of a coincidence for it not to be her.

OK, so she got home after work, nipped out briefly to place unknown, possibly dyed her hair, spoke to her parents and went to bed early. Had breakfast the next morning and left for work.

Are we officially back to square one yet? ;)

BIB I agree - and I think there must have been help given afterwards by more than one other person.

I cant quite imagine that someone who committed a murder which was totally unplanned, would then be able to calmly organise such a thorough cover up on their own. They would surely have been in some sort of shock.

Although sometimes army training can make (even accidental) killers ruthlessly efficient.

Just plain old self-preservation IMO. If only certain people know what happened it wouldn't be hard to work out who grassed.

And...what about the Sky reporter who had received more than one threat when he tried to dig around. I would have liked to have known the precise nature of those threats e.g. "if you don't stop putting your nose where it's not wanted, I'll ......." Do what exactly?. Could fear be a big factor? Someone powerful (a boss?) and/or with connections to nasty people who could hurt people or their children/other family members?

BIB I agree - and I think there must have been help given afterwards by more than one other person.

I cant quite imagine that someone who committed a murder which was totally unplanned, would then be able to calmly organise such a thorough cover up on their own. They would surely have been in some sort of shock.

It's possible the person has just been really "lucky". Strangled , put in car, dumped somewhere thus far unknown..... maybe in water, in the countryside, maybe on a building site. I've heard speculation about her being under a wing of the Uni that was having foundations laid at the time. The only physical evidence may have been his hands and his car. Unless they find her body, and even then, after 6 years....

I'm feeling a bit flat and doubtful that this will ever get resolved at the mo. Someone knows, someone else must be suspicious, but if those someones never say a word we might never know :(

The sightings of the couple arguing could have been staged, maybe that's why the couple hasn't come forward, because they're involved. I also believe if claudia was murdered (at home) that it happened fast and she didn't see it coming because I don't believe any neighbours have ever reported hearing any screams coming from her house? Possibly this person came up behind her and strangled her. Or maybe hit her over the head but I'm assuming there was no blood found so probably the first one. Did police ever use luminoil to search for blood? It reacts with something in the blood and it lights up when the lights are turned off, even if the blood has been cleaned up.

I think there's a good chance someone happened to be passing and offered her a lift.

Can someone remind me when and where the 2 sightings were?

Here's the two sightings in this article

At around 5.35am, a passing cyclist spotted a woman wearing a blue jacket standing with a man in a dark hooded top, holding a cigarette in his left hand, on a bridge Claudia would've crossed to reach her work. Was it Claudia?

If so, who was the man with her? Despite appeals, the couple on the bridge have never come forward.

Claudia never showed up for her 6am shift and at around 6.10am a couple were spotted arguing near the university where she worked. Again, neither has ever been identified. At lunchtime on 19 March, Claudia's mobile phone was switched off

Read more at http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebr...wrence-the-three-theories#qssi6kAt5u4vPcet.99

The sightings of the couple arguing could have been staged, maybe that's why the couple hasn't come forward, because they're involved. I also believe if claudia was murdered (at home) that it happened fast and she didn't see it coming because I don't believe any neighbours have ever reported hearing any screams coming from her house? Possibly this person came up behind her and strangled her. Or maybe hit her over the head but I'm assuming there was no blood found so probably the first one. Did police ever use luminoil to search for blood? It reacts with something in the blood and it lights up when the lights are turned off, even if the blood has been cleaned up.

They spent about 6 weeks there, I'll guess they did every test imaginable.

I don't think she was killed in her home. And I doubt someone had spent the night there. There'd be evidence.

Now I've had time to look at the map and sightings properly I'm sure she left home as usual and someone was looking for her first thing in the morning. Question is, who and why? And, assuming she wasn't attacked and incapacitated by the road side, how did that person get her into a car?

Please add where the rucksack was spotted.

Do we know anything about phone pings until 12:10pm?

Repost of complete timeline, important dates.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2015-03-24/timeline-claudia-lawrence-disappearance/

"March 18, 2009:

5.57am - Miss Lawrence is captured on CCTV arriving for work at the University of York's Goodricke College.

2.31pm - The chef leaves work to walk the three miles to her home on Heworth Road. A female colleague sees her as she drives past in her car and gives her a lift, dropping her off outside her house.

A short time later, Miss Lawrence leaves her house and walks past the Nags Head pub. She has a brief conversation with a woman with a pram.

3.05pm - The last sighting of Miss Lawrence as she walks back to her house.

8.10pm - Miss Lawrence has a telephone conversation with her father, Peter, and then another with her mother, Joan.

8.23pm - She sends a text message to a friend.

9.12pm - Miss Lawrence receives a text on her mobile phone but it is not known if she read the message.

March 19, 2009:

6am - Miss Lawrence fails to arrive for her shift at work.
Later in the evening, Miss Lawrence fails to keep an arrangement to meet her friend, Suzy Cooper, at the Nags Head pub. Ms Cooper discovers her friend did not attend work and rings Mr Lawrence, who contacts North Yorkshire Police."

Thanks, dotr. I'd love to know what she did that afternoon, and I'd REALLY love to see her phone records for the previous few days. The police must have a fair few numbers and texts to check out if she was as prolific a user as we've been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55