UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible the person has just been really "lucky". Strangled , put in car, dumped somewhere thus far unknown..... maybe in water, in the countryside, maybe on a building site. I've heard speculation about her being under a wing of the Uni that was having foundations laid at the time. The only physical evidence may have been his hands and his car. Unless they find her body, and even then, after 6 years....

I'm feeling a bit flat and doubtful that this will ever get resolved at the mo. Someone knows, someone else must be suspicious, but if those someones never say a word we might never know :(

BBM

I think all we can hope for now is for allegiances to change or maybe divorces to occur, and then hopefully someone can give CL's family some much needed answers and closure.

OK, so she got home after work, nipped out briefly to place unknown, possibly dyed her hair, spoke to her parents and went to bed early. Had breakfast the next morning and left for work.

Are we officially back to square one yet? ;)

The same man who stood on bridge and near Uni with a person looking like Claudia (and who WAS Claudia) perhaps caused some trouble on the evening before. So Claudia hadn't nerves/opportunity/time to answer the SMS from Cyprus??

BBM

I think all we can hope for now is for allegiances to change or maybe divorces to occur, and then hopefully someone can give CL's family some much needed answers and closure.

bbm: Yes, my thought also this morning!! :)

I'm putting together a better map. I have bits here and there for Claudia, I think she needs a better one though. I made a start with the 2 sightings, home and work https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z9ujZkJ3xpI4.kaycfQ3uIZeo

Thank you for your map!

If it was Claudia (the pair on bridge and on University Road), she was verbally fighting at 6:10h and would have been late at work. Perhaps therefore the man offered to drive with her to her work place and she took the offer. He then suddenly drove with her in another direction out of his "despair" to have not cleared the problem. In this case I would think, Claudia rather not is to be found in the Uni area.

Re the final unanswered text at 9.10pm
This makes me feel sure that something happened that night.

If Claudia was watching the Location programme and getting ready for bed ( as she told her mother ) then she must have been a very quick sleeper if she was already in bed and asleep by 9.10pm, bcos the Location programme would have only finished 10 minutes earlier. I would have thought it more likely that she was still awake and therefore able to reply to the text.

Unless of course she had switched off her phone for overnight at 9pm. Although I have never seen any report re this and would have thought it might be mentioned by the police as being relevant.
But even allowing for that, surely she would have responded to the text in the morning, while having breakfast and before going to work ( all reports say she was a prolific texter so would have been odd not to reply ).

I've also thought due to her not replying to the 9.10pm text that something must have occurred that night. But maybe that last text offended her in someway and she chose not to reply to it. Then due to her still being tired from the alleged very late night a couple of nights before, she did have an early night this particular night. In the morning she was still not happy about what that text had said and still chose not to respond to it. Possibly.

Repost of complete timeline, important dates.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2015-03-24/timeline-claudia-lawrence-disappearance/

"March 18, 2009:

5.57am - Miss Lawrence is captured on CCTV arriving for work at the University of York's Goodricke College.

2.31pm - The chef leaves work to walk the three miles to her home on Heworth Road. A female colleague sees her as she drives past in her car and gives her a lift, dropping her off outside her house.

A short time later, Miss Lawrence leaves her house and walks past the Nags Head pub. She has a brief conversation with a woman with a pram.

3.05pm - The last sighting of Miss Lawrence as she walks back to her house.

8.10pm - Miss Lawrence has a telephone conversation with her father, Peter, and then another with her mother, Joan.

8.23pm - She sends a text message to a friend.

9.12pm - Miss Lawrence receives a text on her mobile phone but it is not known if she read the message.

March 19, 2009:

6am - Miss Lawrence fails to arrive for her shift at work.
Later in the evening, Miss Lawrence fails to keep an arrangement to meet her friend, Suzy Cooper, at the Nags Head pub. Ms Cooper discovers her friend did not attend work and rings Mr Lawrence, who contacts North Yorkshire Police."

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13147

Thursday 19th March

5.30am - Claudia leaves for work
5.35am - Couple seen on Melrosegate Bridge
5.42am - old style Ford Focus seen braking near Claudias home
6.00am - Claudia fails to arrive for work
6.10am - Couple seen arguing on University Road, Maroon coloured car parked there
6.45 - 6.55am - Man seen standing outside Claudias home
12.10 noon - Claudias phone is switched off
1pm - a rucksack similar to Claudias is spotted near university

I've added more to the MAP <click me

If I have missed anything let me know. I've added a lot of what I remember. Bear in mind I can't add locations of searches discussed previously where the police wish to keep the identities private, or a suspect has been released without charge, or addresses not named in MSM/by LE. Yup, there's a lot I would like to have on there but we can't.

Great map, Skibs!

I'm definitely leaning towards these sightings being Claudia now. The roads would have been relatively quiet at that time so I can well believe witnesses have a reliable account. They will have been shown pictures of Claudia and must have agreed it could have been her. Added to that there would have been evidence at her home if anything untoward happened there - though she may still have had somebody over night.

Which spot was it where the car door was open, the one near the uni? That would make sense for her to get out there to walk over to work, and I can't help but think she may have been dragged into those trees and then driven away in the boot. She could be anywhere.

Great map, Skibs!

I'm definitely leaning towards these sightings being Claudia now. The roads would have been relatively quiet at that time so I can well believe witnesses have a reliable account. They will have been shown pictures of Claudia and must have agreed it could have been her. Added to that there would have been evidence at her home if anything untoward happened there - though she may still have had somebody over night.

Which spot was it where the car door was open, the one near the uni? That would make sense for her to get out there to walk over to work, and I can't help but think she may have been dragged into those trees and then driven away in the boot. She could be anywhere.

Yes the couple arguing with the car door open was near the uni. I am also thinking that Claudia was attacked/murdered in that area and probably put into the car, in which case, as you said, she could be anywhere. There is also the chance that she may have been put in that very area (unlikely probably) but there are quite a few trees bushes etc just to the west of the uni. If she had made her way down the path, she may have run and got caught, a fair distance from the road, in which case there is a possibility that she was hidden/buried around there..........is that too improbable ?

I've also thought due to her not replying to the 9.10pm text that something must have occurred that night. But maybe that last text offended her in someway and she chose not to reply to it. Then due to her still being tired from the alleged very late night a couple of nights before, she did have an early night this particular night. In the morning she was still not happy about what that text had said and still chose not to respond to it. Possibly.

Yes, that is a good point re the text. Maybe she was not happy with what he said and decided to have a think before responding. IIRC the man from Cyprus did say that he could not remember what he said in the text, because the police had the records. I found that a bit odd, so perhaps it wasnt a very friendly text and he didnt want to admit this.

Or, to be fair, perhaps in the text he offered to help with her flight and accommodation in Cyprus and Claudia was not sure whether to say yes or not, so wanted time to think.

Yes, that is a good point re the text. Maybe she was not happy with what he said and decided to have a think before responding. IIRC the man from Cyprus did say that he could not remember what he said in the text, because the police had the records. I found that a bit odd, so perhaps it wasnt a very friendly text and he didnt want to admit this.

Or, to be fair, perhaps in the text he offered to help with her flight and accommodation in Cyprus and Claudia was not sure whether to say yes or not, so wanted time to think.

Yes, very true, he could have offered help and she was pondering what to reply.

I'm quoting myself here as I've just been reading snippets in msm where the 9.10pm text person speaks very respectfully of Claudia so it's highly unlikely he would have offended her in any way. It was just a possibility as to why the txts stopped without Claudia having come to any harm at that stage. I just felt I needed to clarify that.

@Skibaboo, just sat down with a cuppa and had a proper look at your interactive map - genius!! Love all the CCTV links, hadn't seen those.

I also hadn't realised the rucksack is basically on her exact route to work. But surely there is CCTV between her home and the uni? I take it the post office camera didn't catch her walking by that morning?

@Skibaboo, just sat down with a cuppa and had a proper look at your interactive map - genius!! Love all the CCTV links, hadn't seen those.

I also hadn't realised the rucksack is basically on her exact route to work. But surely there is CCTV between her home and the uni? I take it the post office camera didn't catch her walking by that morning?

That's correct ajc, Claudia did not walk past the post office cctv that morning, she may have got in a car at Melrosegate Bridge which is before the post office.........I think ?

If I have missed anything let me know. I've added a lot of what I remember. Bear in mind I can't add locations of searches discussed previously where the police wish to keep the identities private, or a suspect has been released without charge, or addresses not named in MSM/by LE. Yup, there's a lot I would like to have on there but we can't.

Nice one Skibs........thanks for the excellent effort.

There are many workmen who would wear a hoodie in March regardless of their age.
Look at those roofers. (From another case I had roofers in mind with their hoodies on. Pic has nothing to do with the case, only an example.)

roofers.jpg

Who said, the man on bridge and near Uni had been younger than Claudia's commonly known acquaintances??

On your map (thank you, super in detail!) I'm spotting another Uni area: Heslington East. IF the man of bridge/Uni took Claudia from the last meeting point to somewhere, it could be the Heslington East area and around. Were police searching there too?

http://yorksnews.blogspot.de/2009_03_01_archive.html

Officers from North Yorkshire Police and neighbouring forces have continued to search Heworth and Tang Hall, looking in outbuildings and speaking to residents. Divers were also at the River Foss in Huntington Road yesterday.

Yesterday, police were also seen searching drains in Heworth Road, close to where Claudia lives, and in Tang Hall Lane.

I wondered why there is Tang Hall/Tang Hall Lane on the skibaboo-designed map. Now I get it. :)

There are many workmen who would wear a hoodie in March regardless of their age.
Look at those roofers. (From another case I had roofers in mind with their hoodies on. Pic has nothing to do with the case, only an example.)

View attachment 74690

Who said, the man on bridge and near Uni had been younger than Claudia's commonly known acquaintances??

Germany, a few pages back I theorised the Police must have thought him younger because the went looking for the young 20 something chap catching a bus to Leeds. If they didn't believe him young then surely they wouldn't have concentrated on it, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55