UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly (could be wrong of course) they did interview the man on the bus, he may have come forward voluntarily, and cleared him.

Just googled and this is why the police are so interested in him

The description police have issued of the man getting on the bus has striking similarities with the description of someone else police want to speak to, especially as he appears to be left-handed. The man featured in the pictures was seen getting on a Coastliner bus at 5.39am on East Parade, just around the corner from Miss Lawrence’s York home. He bought a single ticket to Leeds but his journey would have taken him along the chef’s route to work.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2009/07/16/claudia-police-seek-bus-passenger-279592/#ixzz4LIlTcYlb

He shouldn't have been hard to find, they would know where he got off and if it was Leeds centre he'd be on CCTV. Also there can't be many people catching buses at 5:39am, why didn't he come forward?!

"He bought a single ticket to Leeds but his journey would have taken him along the chef’s route to work"

Wait what? No it woudn't. The Coastliner to Leeds goes from East Parade into and through Town, it doesn't go up Melrosegate/Tang Hall Lane.

coastliner.PNG

http://www.yorkbus.co.uk/times?routeID=6

There are I think 3 different Coastliner buses, but the only difference is the destination on the coast, Scarborough, Whitby, Bridlington I think. They all go through York the same way. It has always been like this, down East Parade into Town and visa versa. I used to get them often into town when I lived in Heworth.

A MAN has been eliminated from inquiries after police searching for missing chef Claudia Lawrence released images of a bus passenger man they wanted to talk to.

Officers said the man was seen boarding a service in York early on the morning of March 19 - the day after Miss Lawrence, 35, was last seen or had any contact with her friends and family.

But a spokesperson for North Yorkshire Police said tonight: "We can now confirm that following our media appeal, the man has come forward. Officers have spoken with him and he has been eliminated from our enquiries. "

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4496483.CCTV_released_in_hunt_for_missing_Claudia___man_comes_forward/

A MAN has been eliminated from inquiries after police searching for missing chef Claudia Lawrence released images of a bus passenger man they wanted to talk to.

Officers said the man was seen boarding a service in York early on the morning of March 19 - the day after Miss Lawrence, 35, was last seen or had any contact with her friends and family.

But a spokesperson for North Yorkshire Police said tonight: "We can now confirm that following our media appeal, the man has come forward. Officers have spoken with him and he has been eliminated from our enquiries. "

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4496483.CCTV_released_in_hunt_for_missing_Claudia___man_comes_forward/

Oh, important to know, thank you!
But "man in bus" or not - CH might be Claudia's murderer. She loved "bad boys" I remember. Maybe she knew him for a short time (secretly handled by her) or poor Claudia was in the wrong place at the wrong time only. Maybe he was a construction worker (Uni area). Maybe he was a taxi driver (she took taxis when her car was in repair I think). Maybe he drove her to the Acomb area (surrounded by mystery) as a taxi driver (drinking/driving doesn't fit and she perhaps didn't use her car).
Now :waiting: as always I fear.

"In a chilling coincidence, two of the women, as well as Halliwell’s first victim Sian O’Callaghan, went missing on the same date – March 19 – albeit in different years."
"Serial killers are usually triggered by dates. That was the day that Halliwell broke up with one of his partners"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-reveals-chilling-links-missing-women.html

Have there been other any killers who kill repeatedly on a certain date? (So far I found only the February 9th Killer)

Steve Fulcher has apparently distanced himself from suggestions that Halliwell killed Claudia.

However he denied newspaper reports that he had suggested Halliwell could be linked to the disappearance of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence.

The Sunday Express reported Mr Fulcher as saying Ms Lawrence's case "fitted Halliwell's behaviour".

But North Yorkshire Police said they were "not aware" of any evidence to link Halliwell to Ms Lawrence. She vanished in York in March 2009.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37470647

Pic of CH at first wedding, not so much hair to be recognized:

attachment.php

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/1001872/my-sex-with-cabbie-hours-after-killing/

His hair does look much thinner than bus man's even when he was much younger and with bus man being ruled out by police it does make more sense that Claudia may have been abducted by somebody with a car as she walked alone in the early morning. Claudia was used to doing the walk so do we know if there was any weather conditions like rain that morning that may have encouraged her to accept a lift from a passing taxi driver?

Interesting snippet from that old article

It emerged that the cold-hearted cabbie was planning to put Sian’s family
through the agony of a trial. But he changed his plea to guilty when his
daughter Carissa, 18, wrote to him demanding he finally do the decent thing.
The teenager said: “I felt cross and upset and just wrote what was on my
mind. I wrote, ‘You’ve broken enough hearts. It’s time to tell the truth’.”

I wonder if his daughter Carissa is the key to getting him to admit to any other murders. He tried his luck at this last trial in the hope that he'd be found innocent and some day be released. Once he accepts that that he is never going to be released maybe Carissa could get him to talk about whether he was involved with any other murders.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/5044407/Missing-chef-Claudia-Lawrence-declined-mums-taxi-offer.html

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence declined mum's taxi offer
She had got into the habit of walking to and from her job at Goodricke College in recent weeks after her Vauxhall Corsa developed engine trouble.

Miss Lawrence had also turned down an offer from her father for the loan of his car for the day she went missing and had arranged to meet him for a drink the following evening.

Her mother Joan Lawrence, 65, said yesterday: "I was worried about her, I offered her money for a taxi, but she wouldn't have it, she is so independent. She's always out walking, that's her exercise."

Nevertheless Claudia might have taken a taxi ... or not. IMO

My thoughts are on the mystery boyfriend that Claudia was supposedly seeing - could he have been CH? Her sister described her as (I think) being too trusting and naive - possibly an easy target? A mystery boyfriend might know her shift patterns and walking route. Also, it was reported that she had taken to drinking at a different pub - could this have any connection to CH? (Or even sightings of him on the CCTV recordings, if retained?)

'Last month police found Miss O'Callaghan's brown boots, a shotgun, and a huge hoard of women's clothing in and around an 8ft deep pond in woodland in Ramsbury, Wiltshire.'
''The nightmare scenario is that this lonely place might be linked to the murder of five innocent women
or more. A buried cache of clothing is unlikely to be fly-tipping.'
Daily Mail 1st June 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iller-murdered-six-women-remote-woodland.html

'Last month police found Miss O'Callaghan's brown boots, a shotgun, and a huge hoard of women's clothing in and around an 8ft deep pond in woodland in Ramsbury, Wiltshire.'
''The nightmare scenario is that this lonely place might be linked to the murder of five innocent women
or more. A buried cache of clothing is unlikely to be fly-tipping.'
Daily Mail 1st June 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iller-murdered-six-women-remote-woodland.html

Good to see you Yozzer, been a while!

Hey I see some of the regulars are back again!!

Do I fancy Halliwell for Claudia? ? Hmm not too sure whether it's just all wishful thinking.. what do y'all think?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The only thing that gives me pause is the date being the same as the date of another of his murders, together with another with which he has been linked. However the latter has not been proved, and it may all just be coincidence.

I think if you have a woman disappear within a few streets of the address of Christopher Halliwells father, then CH needs to be considered a suspect until he can be definitively ruled out

I think if you have a woman disappear within a few streets of the address of Christopher Halliwells father, then CH needs to be considered a suspect until he can be definitively ruled out

There is a death registration in 1992 in Huddersfield that matches his father, so I don't think that's a connection.

There is a death registration in 1992 in Huddersfield that matches his father, so I don't think that's a connection.
Thanks Cherwell. So it appears that the other press reports, which stated that Halliwell's father lived in York, and implying he was still alive at the date of the crime, are wrong.

I think a big difficulty with this case is it's not known whether CL disappeared before arriving home in the evening, or while at home that night, or on the way to work early next morning.
Rucksack and chef's uniform were reportedly missing, which probably rules out disappearing while at home during the night?
A mystery is the reportedly missing hair straighteners, any opinions on why they were missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay