UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The spelling is perfect and there are no abbreviations in the JK text
@Pinkizzy Another great spot. And if Claudias Mum was slightly off with the timing (Around 20:30) Then the Perp could safely assume-
"She has spoke to her Dad and now her Mum, Its almost her bed time so I can now act, but first send the Jen Text?"
But why does someone need to send a Text to Jen?????
I think we all know why?

Regarding the contents of Claudia's home.
has anyone else noticed the "Smashed" white vase under the stairs that appears in the picture????
The police broke loads of things during their search of the house - mirror, vase, bed frame et c

@Pinkizzy Another great spot. And if Claudias Mum was slightly off with the timing (Around 20:30) Then the Perp could safely assume-
"She has spoke to her Dad and now her Mum, Its almost her bed time so I can now act, but first send the Jen Text?"
But why does someone need to send a Text to Jen?????
I think we all know why?
And according to records the place Claudia worked would likely only offer one shift for food preparation and cooking and was not open at Weekends and so why the:

"Bloody hell, I've got to do 12 days on the trot, early mornings too. No fun for me"??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 13.50.26.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 13.50.26.png
    43 KB · Views: 39
The police broke loads of things during their search of the house - mirror, vase, bed frame et c
Do we know this for sure?
Can you provide link to a media quote on this matter?
ormal forensic examiners are ultra careful?

Last edited:
And according to records the place Claudia worked would likely only offer one shift for food preparation and cooking and was not open at Weekends and so why the:

"Bloody hell, I've got to do 12 days on the trot, early mornings too. No fun for me"??
In 2009 Roger Kirk was the main food outlet at the university. Since then York has expanded (as we know) to offer more alternative venues. I would imagine food prep would include baking bread, preparing and baking pastries so it wouldn't be unusual for a chef on earlies to arrive at 6 for 8am opening. It is true that the spring semester started on Friday 20 March that year. However, I know York runs courses, taster days and summer schools outside normal university terms; also there are many international students who would remain in their halls so it is likely that catering would carry on throughout that period.

Last edited:
I have been looking at the last known hours of Claudia here. This focuses on Phone traffic and reveals some new information that has not been spoken about on this thread but on Thread #1 about further texts from Steve Sammons (Ex Nags) and reported on by press:
Text messages and calls that evening
Steve Sammons revealed Claudia sent him three texts on March 18, the day before she vanished. He had sent her a text at 9.12 pm on March 18, but police do not know if she opened it or not as her mobile phone has never been found-See press article
Missing Claudia Lawrence did not come to Cyprus 4 years ago, insist pals
First Text

18:08

The first text from Claudia to Steve was on March 18 at 6.08 pm and it said:

”How ru nug? (short for nugget) making the most of your spare timex”

Second Text

18:25

The next was at 6.25 and said:”OK,ta. Weather v nice, have looked for a hol there, so expensive, mite have to be September time unless I can get a cheap last minute, bloody kids holx.”

Third Text

18:42

The last was at 6.42 pm. Claudia texted:”Even flights are expensive, there’s cheap hols to other places, just Cyprus expensive! Typical. I’ll keep looking and let you knowX”

18:15

Sunset

18:42 until 20:10-No phone traffic

19:15

Dark person and Light person seen.

Light person walks along Heworth Road.

Dark person goes out of sight in Heworth Place for 68 seconds.

Returns and proceeds to walk along Heworth Road but is not reported as picked up on another Camera.

Dark person appears to have a back pack when entering and exiting Heworth Place.

Phone Traffic recommences at 20:10

20:10

CL Call with her Father, followed by a call with her Mother and whilst she had TV on in background and her Mother quotes that they were watching the same programme during call.

CL could have been at home or in someone else's house??

********************Last Confirmed Possible Signal Of Life ***************

20:23

Outgoing text from CL to her friend Jen King saying:

"Bloody hell, I've got to do 12 days on the trot, early mornings too. No fun for me"

No one can be sure that CL sent the text and it could have been sent by anyone trying to throw Jen off the scent.

Possibly whoever the Perp was?

21:12

Incoming text message from Male friend in Cyprus.Steve Sammons-Ex Nags barman. CL never replies.

Steve said:”The text I send at 9.12 was about her coming out sometime but I cannot remember the detail because the police have all my texts.”

Strange that he doesn’t recall the detail of this text but does all of the others???

Was he instructed not to reveal the content of this Text by NYP??

“She did not respond to it, which was unusual. Even if she had dosed off on the sofa and then woken up I would have expected her to text me back.”

Crucial Times

Claudia could have been abducted / Killed between the times of:

20:20 and 20:23

or Between

20:23 and 21:12 (If she did not send text to Jen King-But perp did)

A very short period of 49 minutes>>>>>

Great work. I've uncovered the following snippet which could be added to your timeline. It is a friend who Claudia texted the evening of 18th March and corroborates the 'working an early shift' story. This link is also a useful archive of press articles related to the case.
'Liz Holder, who met Claudia 12 years ago when they both worked at the King’s Head pub, in Malton, appealed for anybody with information about her friend’s disappearance to contact the police. .....Liz, a pharmacy technician at Boots, in Malton, said she felt terrible that she had not done more to persuade Claudia to get a taxi.
She said: “She texted me on the night she went missing. We sent about three or four messages and the last one was at about 7pm.
“It was general chit-chat. She said she was getting up early to walk to work the next morning and I replied saying she shouldn’t be walking to work at that time.
“But she said she wasn’t worried and it was good exercise.
“Now I feel terrible because I wish I’d rung her and persuaded her not to walk, to get a taxi.”
Liz, 28, who has been on holidays with Claudia to Turkey and the Greek Islands, said: “The last week has been terrible, absolutely terrible. I’m constantly worried. I keep going over it in my head. It’s indescribable. '

Lawrence, Claudia Mar 18 2009

QUOTE="MajorLang, post: 15233740, member: 246377"]I have been looking at the last known hours of Claudia here. This focuses on Phone traffict and reveals some new information that has not been spoken about on this thread but on Thread #1 about further texts from Steve Sammons (Ex Nags) and reported on by press:

Steve Sammons revealed Claudia sent him three texts on March 18, the day before she vanished. He had sent her a text at 9.12 pm on March 18, but police do not know if she opened it or not as her mobile phone has never been found-See press article:

First Text

Second Text

The next was at 6.25 and said:”OK,ta. Weather v nice, have looked for a hol there, so expensive, mite have to be September time unless I can get a cheap last minute, bloody kids holx.”

Third Text

The last was at 6.42 pm. Claudia texted:”Even flights are expensive, there’s cheap hols to other places, just Cyprus expensive! Typical. I’ll keep looking and let you knowX”

Sunset

Returns and proceeds to walk along Heworth Road but is not reported as picked up on another Camera.

Dark person appears to have a back pack when entering and exiting Heworth Place.

CL Call with her Father, followed by a call with her Mother and whilst she had TV on in background and her Mother quotes that they were watching the same programme during call.

"Bloody hell, I've got to do 12 days on the trot, early mornings too. No fun for me"

No one can be sure that CL sent the text and it could have been sent by anyone trying to throw Jen off the scent.

Incoming text message from Male friend in Cyprus.Steve Sammons-Ex Nags barman. CL never replies.

Steve said:”The text I send at 9.12 was about her coming out sometime but I cannot remember the detail because the police have all my texts.”

Strange that he doesn’t recall the detail of this text but does all of the others???

“She did not respond to it, which was unusual. Even if she had dosed off on the sofa and then woken up I would have expected her to text me back.”

Crucial Times

or Between

[/QUOTE]

"Claudia had intended to meet her two friends Suzy Cooper and Jenny King in the Nag’s Head on that night but failed to show up"

I didn't realise she was meeting both of them in The Nags Head on the 19th.

This bit is interesting:
'Claudia had asked Scottish ex pat Robbie Campbell to get her a job at a stables on the sun kissed Mediterranean island.'
......”I told them that if she was on the island Claudia would have contacted me, so I knew she wasn’t true. Somebody keeps pointing the finger at Cyprus but it is wrong.”........Shortly before vanishing Claudia texted Robbie saying she wanted to come on holiday to Cyprus but could not afford it. The divorced father of three offered to put her up at his place at Coral Bay, a beautiful resort town near Pafos. Claudia then texted him saying the flights were too expensive because of “bloody school holidays” and put off the trip. He said: “She was going to come and stay with me in the first week of April in 2009. I was looking forward to seeing her, but there was no relationship between us. We were just mates.

Same article:
'Her other close friend on the island is builder Steve Sammons, 39, who moved out to Cyprus in 2008. Tracked down by the Sunday Express, Steve said: “This is the first time I have heard that she was thinking of staying with Robbie in April 2009.
“When she came over she stayed at a hotel overlooking the bay and I thought she would be staying there.”..................There is no double life here. When she was here I went out with her most nights and there were no secret boyfriends or anything like that.'
This has all been grossly exaggerated and I find it rather annoying.”
**************************************************************************** Looks like there were things that CL hid from SS.

Great work. I've uncovered the following snippet which could be added to your timeline. It is a friend who Claudia texted the evening of 18th March and corroborates the 'working an early shift' story. This link is also a useful archive of press articles related to the case.
'Liz Holder, who met Claudia 12 years ago when they both worked at the King’s Head pub, in Malton, appealed for anybody with information about her friend’s disappearance to contact the police. .....Liz, a pharmacy technician at Boots, in Malton, said she felt terrible that she had not done more to persuade Claudia to get a taxi.
She said: “She texted me on the night she went missing. We sent about three or four messages and the last one was at about 7pm.
“It was general chit-chat. She said she was getting up early to walk to work the next morning and I replied saying she shouldn’t be walking to work at that time.
“Now I feel terrible because I wish I’d rung her and persuaded her not to walk, to get a taxi.”
Liz, 28, who has been on holidays with Claudia to Turkey and the Greek Islands, said: “The last week has been terrible, absolutely terrible. I’m constantly worried. I keep going over it in my head. It’s indescribable. '

@Yozzer This is great thanks and have added to timeline. It appears that Claudia was almost too busy texting, once you add these ones to Steve Sammons Texts for her to Dye her hair that night?

Last edited:
QUOTE="MajorLang, post: 15233740, member: 246377"]I have been looking at the last known hours of Claudia here. This focuses on Phone traffict and reveals some new information that has not been spoken about on this thread but on Thread #1 about further texts from Steve Sammons (Ex Nags) and reported on by press:

Steve Sammons revealed Claudia sent him three texts on March 18, the day before she vanished. He had sent her a text at 9.12 pm on March 18, but police do not know if she opened it or not as her mobile phone has never been found-See press article:

First Text

Second Text

Third Text

Sunset

Crucial Times

or Between

"Claudia had intended to meet her two friends Suzy Cooper and Jenny King in the Nag’s Head on that night but failed to show up"

I didn't realise she was meeting both of them in The Nags Head on the 19th.[/QUOTE]
I didn't realise that either as if this was the case and it may have just been journalistic error-Why did Jen not report Claudia missing or even cross the road to see her?

This bit is interesting:
'Claudia had asked Scottish ex pat Robbie Campbell to get her a job at a stables on the sun kissed Mediterranean island.'
......”I told them that if she was on the island Claudia would have contacted me, so I knew she wasn’t true. Somebody keeps pointing the finger at Cyprus but it is wrong.”........Shortly before vanishing Claudia texted Robbie saying she wanted to come on holiday to Cyprus but could not afford it. The divorced father of three offered to put her up at his place at Coral Bay, a beautiful resort town near Pafos. Claudia then texted him saying the flights were too expensive because of “bloody school holidays” and put off the trip. He said: “She was going to come and stay with me in the first week of April in 2009. I was looking forward to seeing her, but there was no relationship between us. We were just mates.

Same article:
'Her other close friend on the island is builder Steve Sammons, 39, who moved out to Cyprus in 2008. Tracked down by the Sunday Express, Steve said: “This is the first time I have heard that she was thinking of staying with Robbie in April 2009.
“When she came over she stayed at a hotel overlooking the bay and I thought she would be staying there.”..................There is no double life here. When she was here I went out with her most nights and there were no secret boyfriends or anything like that.'
This has all been grossly exaggerated and I find it rather annoying.”
**************************************************************************** Looks like there were things that CL hid from SS.
@Yozzer Yes and perhaps there was some rivalry between Steve and Robbie-We know that Steve was isolated from police enquiries but what about the other guy? Do we know?

First Text

Second Text

Third Text

Sunset

Crucial Times

or Between

I didn't realise she was meeting both of them in The Nags Head on the 19th.[/QUOTE]

@Yozzer I have just noticed what could be fundamental
Steve Sammons quotes sending a text to Claudia at 21:12. Was he referring to Cyprus time?

Did Press just quote Sammons or Police and did text arrive at 19:12 UK time or as stated 21:12??

Quite important

Last edited:
@Yozzer I have just noticed what could be fundamental
Steve Sammons quotes sending a text to Claudia at 21:12. Was he referring to Cyprus time?

Did Press just quote Sammons or Police and did text arrive at 19:12 UK time or as stated 21:12??

Quite important
The last time she was heard alive was around 20.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members