UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yozzer I have just noticed what could be fundamental
Steve Sammons quotes sending a text to Claudia at 21:12. Was he referring to Cyprus time?

Did Press just quote Sammons or Police and did text arrive at 19:12 UK time or as stated 21:12??

Quite important
Good point. One would hope that NYP are savvy enough to calculate GMT.

I want to comment on the suggestion put out by CL's father that she wasn't computer savvy because she was a practical person. If this were the case, how was she searching for flights to Cyprus at Easter? Someone who has been abroad as often as CL must surely have used the internet to book holidays. Speaking of holidays, and in view of the info from SS and Robbie about her looking for flights to Cyprus, it is quite possible that CL walked over to the travel agent after she was dropped off at home by her work colleague. Local agents often have bargain offers and it sounds like she was desperate to get away. It was on her return home after this short trip that she saw Linda Chapman, the Nag's Head local on her way to pick up her child from school. That version makes sense to me.

I want to comment on the suggestion put out by CL's father that she wasn't computer savvy because she was a practical person. If this were the case, how was she searching for flights to Cyprus at Easter? Someone who has been abroad as often as CL must surely have used the internet to book holidays. Speaking of holidays, and in view of the info from SS and Robbie about her looking for flights to Cyprus, it is quite possible that CL walked over to the travel agent after she was dropped off at home by her work colleague. Local agents often have bargain offers and it sounds like she was desperate to get away. It was on her return home after this short trip that she saw Linda Chapman, the Nag's Head local on her way to pick up her child from school. That version makes sense to me.
@Yozzer I thought this or perhaps to get some hair dye from the hairdressers but given she went into town for her hair they probably weren't on her Xmas card list.
The other thought I had was, did she have her car I n for repair at the garage behind Nags. This is only accessible through the Nags car park. Was she doing a progress check?

I think she was also trying to get one of the guys to pay her flights also?Sorry if that sounds insensitive but I'm done with treading on eggshells.

Last edited:
@Yozzer I thought this or perhaps to get some hair dye from the hairdressers but given she went into town for her hair they probably weren't on her Xmas card list.
The other thought I had was, did she have her car I n for repair at the garage behind Nags. This is only accessible through the Nags car park. Was she doing a progress check?

I think she was also trying to get one of the guys to pay her flights also?Sorry if that sounds insensitive but I'm done with treading on eggshells.
I thought it seemed like she was hinting too.

I wonder if she had a York Uni staff log in and accessed the computers in the library or elsewhere on campus? Presume this will have been explored already.

I thought it seemed like she was hinting too.

I wonder if she had a York Uni staff log in and accessed the computers in the library or elsewhere on campus? Presume this will have been explored already.
She used the library, I guess she searched for books by checking the shelves instead of searching online

I notice that the TV was taken by police and not returned.
Given that this would not have been able to provide "smart" data and an audit trail.
Does anyone know what benefit other than providing fingerprints a TV set would provide police with.

On a similar note. I have checked the broadcast time for "Location, Location, Location" The programme that Claudia was watching when her Mum called and they conferred that they were watching it together.

The time it went out was at 20:00 and for an hour. 20:00to 21:00. We know that Claudia's mum said she calls at C 20:30 to ask Claudia to provide her with the contact details of a Taxi that she used.

Given that this would not have been able to provide "smart" data and an audit trail.
Does anyone know what benefit other than providing fingerprints a TV set would provide police with.

On a similar note. I have checked the broadcast time for "Location, Location, Location" The programme that Claudia was watching when her Mum called and they conferred that they were watching it together.

The time it went out was at 20:00 and for an hour. 20:00to 21:00. We know that Claudia's mum said she calls at C 20:30 to ask Claudia to provide her with the contact details of a Taxi that she used.

Sorry, I repeated what Yozzer said before reading it properly
I was thinking more that the library would have computers she could use to access the internet which apparently she didn't have at home. I find it hard to believe a 35 year old who was so phone savvy would be a total Luddite with computers.

Someone on here commented on this a while back. They thought the police could ascertain from even a normal tv some data ie time switched off/programmes watched etc from basic tests on it.
On another note IMO she may well not have been IT savvy as her post school training/qualifications were probably very practical (im not sure of her qualification but im thinking B.tec in catering?) and light on essay writing (which means she may well have been un
-techy!) I also agree, she may have used a travel agent in person.

Someone on here commented on this a while back. They thought the police could ascertain from even a normal tv some data ie time switched off/programmes watched etc from basic tests on it.
On another note IMO she may well not have been IT savvy as her post school training/qualifications were probably very practical (im not sure of her qualification but im thinking B.tec in catering?) and light on essay writing (which means she may well have been un
i have been doing some reading up on TV data and it is the "set top box" data,Sky and Virgin that can provide analytics I'm not sure data comes from TV sets themselves of the 2009 era. Do we know or can we see any evidence of a sky dish anywhere on the property. It was around pre 2009?

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the character shown in the CCTV was not responsible for the death of Claudia.

If the person was then it was definitely Pre-meditated due to the earlier casing of the area.

The arrest and release of the POIs and the statement about lack of evidence and an honest admission is more likely to be where her Death lies.

Whilst the person on CCTV is likely to be aware of who did it, they have probably remained silent for fear of retribution from a group of people that even the police have a reason not to Persue for fear of opening a can of worms.

I guess we will have to wait for the statutory Annual (March 18th) announcement by NYP of yet another little taster of evidence that has come to light and makes the early investigation show even more signs of a cover up.

If the Police want to solve this crime then they do need to hire some new blood to look at this case and people who are allowed to tread in areas without any reproach.

I suppose her Dad can now seek little satisfaction in getting the law on missing persons changed. I am sure that many will regret this law change as there will
Be thousands of people queuing up to go "missing" to facilitate huge insurance payouts and many of a more sinister nature having people kidnapped for an earlier payout.

Those to benefit from this will be criminals that provide false passports and means of people trafficking.

Sorry Peter but this is not a good change of law.

What we can say about this case is that it remains high profile because Claudia and her family are middle class and her Dad a police prosecuter, like the Mccanns being Doctors.

Had both girls been from a working class stock like Ben Needham who also came from Yorkshire, then no one would be discussing these cases today.

Being Doctors definitely enabled the Mccanns to avoid the scrutiny of social services and I can think of many parents who left 3 children "home alone" on a boozy night out having to face charges of fit parenting?
Leicestershire Social services are not normally so forgiving?

Such a sad disregard for human life is that you have to be "somebody" to be missed and "somebody" to avoid action taken against you.

Last edited:
I don’t suppose there’ll be many takers but here goes :
Could there be a law / code of practice informing the guilty that they would automatically get say 10% off of a jail sentence if they reveal the whereabouts of their victim’s body ?
Ok you reveal the location with a Strong password.
This would help the victim’s family.
Saves time and money for the police.
Might even help you Mr Perpetrator...your victim’s name probably won’t be mentioned so much if relatives get some kind of closure.
If you think the net is closing in...well 10% (say) is 10% !
PS the safety of the world depends on strong passwords.
Hmm mr perpetrator 10% in the first six months ok after that you’ll get 9% and so on okay lucky you !

I don’t suppose there’ll be many takers but here goes :
Could there be a law / code of practice informing the guilty that they would automatically get say 10% off of a jail sentence if they reveal the whereabouts of their victim’s body ?
Ok you reveal the location with a Strong password.
This would help the victim’s family.
Saves time and money for the police.
Might even help you Mr Perpetrator...your victim’s name probably won’t be mentioned so much if relatives get some kind of closure.
If you think the net is closing in...well 10% (say) is 10% !
PS the safety of the world depends on strong passwords.
Hmm mr perpetrator 10% in the first six months ok after that you’ll get 9% and so on okay lucky you !
@Popejohn3 Unfortunately these criminals already get reduced jail term sentences over time and so I would prefer that we use traditional means to find them and break through what is clearly some cover up and then hang them all out to dry.

Also in this particular case if the Perp(s) revealed where the body was they would likely have their DNA all over it and so would be convicted anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3