UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Popejohn3 Unfortunately these criminals already get reduced jail term sentences over time and so I would prefer that we use traditional means to find them and break through what is clearly some cover up and then hang them all out to dry.

Also in this particular case if the Perp(s) revealed where the body was they would likely have their DNA all over it and so would be convicted anyway.
I agree with your last sentence that is why I opened ...” I don’t suppose there will be many takers ..”
We need to remember sometimes these things happen by accident !
By revealing the whereabouts you are showing ‘some’ copsssion towards the living .You only have to look at Peter and miss Cooper’s faces to see the anguish !

I reckon that the police should ask for an anonymous tip off to find the body with the guarantee of no further prosecution when it is located

Hmm you’ve jumped from 10% to 100 %
Indicating the importance you attach to closure for family and friends.

So-If I kill someone and secrete their body somewhere for 10 years.
I then give them details and when they discover the body and my DNA they give me an immediate pardon??
Sounds like we could be lowering the bar to murderers and in particular those gangland killers . Not sure why we ever got into this debate as it's not going to find Claudia ?

I do agree with the comment from @Popejohn3 where he identifies quite correctly those that are suffering most, despite other "friends" who remain silent and show little emotion-You know who you are??

This could be the silent friend talking .I mean the above.
Plus a person could be killed in self defence but impossible to proof if it’s just the two of you

The idea would work in this case
@Pinkizzy Are you saying that if there were more than one persons present that the DNA of perhaps the one reporting may not be on the body?
So imagine the scenario.

Person A had just been intimate with victim and leaves their DNA
Person B discovers them in the act and for some reason kills victim-jealousy?

Person B has nothing to lose as there is no DNA from them.

Even though person B is the murderer they receive a full pardon but Person A received a maximum penalty when all they were guilty of was having a relationship with the victim and perverting the course of justice by potentially lying to protect the main Perp?

Doesn't make sense in this case either unless you have a different angle to offer ?

I then give them details and when they discover the body and my DNA they give me an immediate pardon??
Sounds like we could be lowering the bar to murderers and in particular those gangland killers . Not sure why we ever got into this debate as it's not going to find Claudia ?

I do agree with the comment from @Popejohn3 where he identifies quite correctly those that are suffering most, despite other "friends" who remain silent and show little emotion-You know who you are??
I take it you know who they are.
@Pinkizzy Are you saying that if there were more than one persons present that the DNA of perhaps the one reporting may not be on the body?
So imagine the scenario.

Person A had just been intimate with victim and leaves their DNA
Person B discovers them in the act and for some reason kills victim-jealousy?

Person B has nothing to lose as there is no DNA from them.

Even though person B is the murderer they receive a full pardon but Person A received a maximum penalty when all they were guilty of was having a relationship with the victim and perverting the course of justice by potentially lying to protect the main Perp?

Doesn't make sense in this case either unless you have a different angle to offer ?
pinkizzy just wants closure .He /she has no angle...perhaps ?

do you know who “they” are ?
I take it... unless you’re the police...that you’ve taken it to them ?

Person A and person B are pardoned
@Pinkizzy So Claudias family know that she has come to some harm as she would not leave them in such a way, particularly if she was alive and saw them suffer.
What benefit is there to finding the body, would the police have to declare that they had pardoned the Perps? Would the family feel any better knowing that they have a body and the Perps are Scott free? I doubt it.

The only other thought is that she is being held against her wishes and if that's the case which by now is likely to have developed into a "Stockholm Syndrome" relationship.

If the Police encourage what is being suggested here we would be awash with found bodies and Perps who could finally relax along with angry families.

I'm not even getting involved in any more of these suggestions thanks

Could this unidentified body be Claudia:
Claudia would be 43 /4 on the date found.
This person has never been formal identified as anyone.
Normally the National Crime Agency state the height of the person but haven't on this occasion, not sure why as the comments about toe nail varnish suggest that the body was intact??
We know that Claudia was 168cm tall or 5ft 6 inches.
The lack of eye colour suggests that the eyes were either not in situ or discoloured.

It is difficult to say what stage of Decomposition as this body would have had a mix of above and water immersion.

Certainly from a facial shape and hair perspective this could be Claudia. The hair colour was reported as possibly dark but dyed a red shade? This is not conclusive.
Although the bodies nostrils are more flared this could be due to decomposition and the body bloating.
The chin shape is nearly if not identical.

It would also mean that if it was Claudia she would have been in captivity for some time.

When viewing this please bear in mind that it is a sketch and not a photo.

What do you think?
I have reported this to the National Crime Agency.

Attachments

• 5D2A7D28-362B-4086-B5AE-72401E2C202C.jpeg
    5D2A7D28-362B-4086-B5AE-72401E2C202C.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 2A22820B-5343-4334-BDB1-551B3F6D723C.jpeg
    2A22820B-5343-4334-BDB1-551B3F6D723C.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 62
  • A1DB2BD2-B9D9-4044-BE1E-64127D5FEBCE.jpeg
    A1DB2BD2-B9D9-4044-BE1E-64127D5FEBCE.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Normally the National Crime Agency state the height of the person but haven't on this occasion, not sure why as the comments about toe nail varnish suggest that the body was intact??
The lack of eye colour suggests that the eyes were either not in situ or discoloured.

It is difficult to say what stage of Decomposition as this body would have had a mix of above and water immersion.

Certainly from a facial shape and hair perspective this could be Claudia. The hair colour was reported as possibly dark but dyed a red shade? This is not conclusive.
Although the bodies nostrils are more flared this could be due to decomposition and the body bloating.

It would also mean that if it was Claudia she would have been in captivity for some time.

What do you think?
That's a long way from York though. Moo

@Pinkizzy So Claudias family know that she has come to some harm as she would not leave them in such a way, particularly if she was alive and saw them suffer.
What benefit is there to finding the body, would the police have to declare that they had pardoned the Perps? Would the family feel any better knowing that they have a body and the Perps are Scott free? I doubt it.

The only other thought is that she is being held against her wishes and if that's the case which by now is likely to have developed into a "Stockholm Syndrome" relationship.

If the Police encourage what is being suggested here we would be awash with found bodies and Perps who could finally relax along with angry families.

I'm not even getting involved in any more of these suggestions thanks
Oh if only ‘awash’ with found bodies .but no not a full pardon.Again there is always an exception to the rule after all some state witness are let off with a slap on the wrist.
Yes the drawing does look like C L

Oh if only ‘awash’ with found bodies .but no not a full pardon.Again there is always an exception to the rule after all some state witness are let off with a slap on the wrist.
Yes the drawing does look like C L
As I said
Yes f you had killed someone and then waited 20 years it could be driving you crazy that you may be caught
If you get a free pardon then your happy.

It would mean that Perps of the future could play in this one and when people get a pardon it's usually because the bring bigger fish to the fire-which could well be the case here?

What do you think?
Where is Cuckmere Haven?

As I said
Yes f you had killed someone and then waited 20 years it could be driving you crazy that you may be caught

It would mean that Perps of the future could play in this one and when people get a pardon it's usually because the bring bigger fish to the fire-which could well be the case here?
It applies only to this case. Someone must know what happened to Claudia, they need a gentle push to spill the beans.

People that kill are not always
As I said

As I said

Not all killers are totally bad.Some kill in self defence others by accident .Some could develop a conscience and show sympathy with the living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman