UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon charged, Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit more detail on the January 8 taxi ride ( earlier ref post 126 )

In a statement read to the court, taxi driver Abdirisakh Mohamud asked the couple why they were wearing blue Covid facemasks,
the woman said she was a Muslim and it was her “hijab”, the court heard.

On being told by the driver that it was not a hijab, she allegedly told him it was the only thing she had.

The man said he wore a mask because he “had a problem with his hair”, the witness said.

I agree with you.
I'm in CA, and had to look up Lidl and bag for life.
Reusable shopping bag.
Thank you for the visual.
Thanks okay, it's very close in design (just has different imagery on it) to the one that they used, I just didn't want to use the same design as an example, because it's ghastly isn't it...

In a statement read to the court, taxi driver Abdirisakh Mohamud asked the couple why they were wearing blue Covid facemasks,

On being told by the driver that it was not a hijab, she allegedly told him it was the only thing she had.

The man said he wore a mask because he “had a problem with his hair”, the witness said.

So after a couple days of trial, I will say it, CM is either the greatest actress in the world or the mental health issues she is living with are some of the WORST I have ever seen. Nothing about how she is behaving is how any rational adult would behave. I completely understand why 4 kids were already taken away and why this child would have immediately been removed to. She is absolutely separated from any type of reality.

So after a couple days of trial, I will say it, CM is either the greatest actress in the world or the mental health issues she is living with are some of the WORST I have ever seen. Nothing about how she is behaving is how any rational adult would behave. I completely understand why 4 kids were already taken away and why this child would have immediately been removed to. She is absolutely separated from any type of reality.
I agree. The way she behaved is completely wild! But I presume she has been proven fit to stand trial.

The Standard are reporting this differently. They are saying that according to the driver, MG asked him if he was Muslim and "Are you trustworthy?" and the questioning made the driver feel uncomfortable. They don't say anything about him asking about the surgical masks; they say he asked about the hoods.

Seriously I wish the court published the transcript, maybe with a short delay, rather than leaving us having to read hacks' write-ups.

@Alyce said:

I see her as kind of in arrested development. This is the kind of conversation that 13-year-olds would find hysterically funny.

JMOO

The Standard are reporting this differently. They are saying that according to the driver, MG asked him if he was Muslim and "Are you trustworthy?" and the questioning made the driver feel uncomfortable. They don't say anything about him asking about the surgical masks; they say he asked about the hoods.

Seriously I wish the court published the transcript, maybe with a short delay, rather than leaving us having to read hacks' write-ups.

Portsmouth News also have the line re MG asking if the driver was Muslim.

I just wanted to highlight their lies re the hijab and mask

all MOO of course

It was heard how on January 7, the couple flagged down a taxi, driven by Abdirisakh Mohamud in Shoreditch. Mr Mohamud said in a statement read to court: "The male told me to go to Enfield Tesco Extra. I asked for a postcode and the male replied 'just take us there.'

"I couldn't see much of the baby but recall it was wrapped in something. I asked how old the baby was and the man told me he was two months old. The man asked me ‘are you Muslim?’ and I replied yes. He then asked ‘do you believe in the Quran?’ to which I answered yes.

"He then asked ‘are you trustworthy?’ and his questions started to make me feel uncomfortable. He asked ‘is there a camera in your cab?’ and I said yes even though there wasn't a camera, because I wanted to feel safe.

"Looking in the mirror his face didn't appear happy. He then asked ‘are you sharing this conversation with anyone?’ These questions were asked in very quick succession with no pause in between which only added to my fear something was not right."

Marten and Gordon were wearing blue Covid masks and hoodies over their heads, he said. "I asked why they were wearing that and the female said she was a Muslim and it was her hijab. I said it was not a hijab and she said it was the only thing she had. I asked him why he was wearing it and he said he had a problem with his hair. At this time I decided I didn't want to continue the journey. I had an uneasy feeling with this couple. I told them I was not taking them any further and they needed to pay me £30

Gordon initially sat beside Marten when he arrived in the dock today and asked if she was okay, before he was asked to move by a dock officer who sat between them. Marten wore a white flowery blouse carrying a stack of folders and notes. The couple continued to chat during court proceedings. Marten later gave Gordon a hug as she left court for the mid-morning break.

Marten's mother Virginie de Selliers, who has attended every day of the trial, sat at the side of court but her daughter did not appear to look at her.

Jan 30, 2024
Video shows the aristocrat and partner Mark Gordon in London with their newborn daughter while the couple were on the run from authorities.
1706718619155.png

1706718813896.png

''Driver Mr Mohamud explained how, after picking up the trio in Whitechapel during the early hours of Sunday 8 January 2023, "the man asked me: 'Are you Muslim?', I said yes.
"He asked: 'Do you believe in the Koran?' I said yes."
Mr Mohamud told the court that the man then asked if he was trustworthy, and if there was a camera in the car.''

"East 15 are ranked No.1 for Drama in 2022 (Guardian University Guide)"

What is your view of MG?

I hope they both take the stand and are asked to explain reasons for many of their choices regarding their daughter during her short life. "Whose idea was the bag?" and so on.

Both defendants are charged with

* manslaughter: max sentence, life imprisonment;
* causing or allowing death of child: max sentence, life imprisonment;
* cruelty to child: max sentence, 14 years

(as well as a couple of charges that don't consist of bringing about harm to a child), and the jury have to decide for each defendant separately.

No, I think the term is being wrongly applied. A "bag for life" usually refers to a flimsy polythene carrier bag of the type that used to be free, but now carries a small charge. When the bag is worn out you can take it back to the supermarket and claim a free replacement. You can exchange old for new indefinitely, hence "for life".

IMO it's both. Until recent years, a 'bag for life' was one of those heavy duty woven sturdy looking bags that opened out into a large rectangle shape and had fabric handles. They would often have brightly coloured artistic designs on. The idea was that it would last you a good few years. I think the problem was that they used a lot of resources and nobody used them 'for life' anyhow so they were even worse for the environment than just a thin carrier bag. Plus if you filled one up it became too heavy to lift.

Now, in my local supermarket, a 'bag for life' is just an expensive carrier bag that's extra thick and you can take it back and have it replaced once it's worn out. Which of course *nobody* does in reality so it's still probably worse for the environment than thin plastic bags.

The bag in question appears to be one of the former type, ie rectangular shaped with stitched on strong handles, as can be seen in some of the video footage, it's the red 'Lidl' bag and horribly it does actually say bag for life on it.

Is "bag for life" normal parlance for one of those sturdy woven-PVC supermarket bags that opens out with a flat bottom?

We should probably assume that jurors are obeying the law and not searching for material about the case either on the internet or elsewhere, and not paying attention to any reports or stories they do notice, but witnesses are not under such an obligation.

Official advice to jurors:

"if you see or hear any stories about your case in the NEWS you should NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION to them."

Bag for Life from Lidl looks like one of these, looking at the videos of CM and MG (both sides of the same bag).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131_160415_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_160415_Samsung Internet.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240131_160950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_160950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 8
"East 15 are ranked No.1 for Drama in 2022 (Guardian University Guide)"

What is your view of MG?

I hope they both take the stand and are asked to explain reasons for many of their choices regarding their daughter during her short life. "Whose idea was the bag?" and so on.

Both defendants are charged with

* manslaughter: max sentence, life imprisonment;
* causing or allowing death of child: max sentence, life imprisonment;
* cruelty to child: max sentence, 14 years

(as well as a couple of charges that don't consist of bringing about harm to a child), and the jury have to decide for each defendant separately.

DBM

Last edited:

The couple were captured on CCTV heading towards the South Downs at around 6.30am last January and were not spotted again until they resurfaced at a Texaco garage four days later, on January 12.

Marten allegedly bought items including Haribo sweets, mini cheddars, matches, bottles of water and a filled glass bottle of petrol which she paid for in cash.

Gordon was filmed carrying the Lidl bag which then appeared to be blowing in the wind as if it was empty.

On the morning of last January 16, Nicholas Frost allegedly spotted him emerging from a blue tent in woodland in Stanmer Park, Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife