Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen cases before when babies were removed soon after birth by social services, and heartbreakingly, the poor mother has more and more babies to fill the void. I think she didn’t engage with obstetric services at all because she could see what was going to happen.
It's interesting that all photos on her Facebook are with the children as babies. No toddler pics. Though could just be changed privacy settings. Moo.

ok, so i finally had a peek at her SM page, i am not sure if he has one or not, but the first thing that struck me is that we have a couple friends in common and those friends we have in common are/were djs and i would say underground party people, and all mostly from the u.s. I found that strange.

more importantly, if it hasnt been mentioned, there is a group page on her SM about social services being exposed, and it seemed to be inactive since 2021.

I think that this tells us a bit about how likely she is to respond to the pleas of social services, and it makes me think that she / they have had other dealings with them before, and i will assume they werent positive.

i also wonder if perhaps they are not being helped by others who hold the same view of social services and will thereby not be checking in with anyone anytime soon. Has anyone seen anything from the family or about him?

sorry if it was mentioned earlier, i'm home with the flu and a very foggy head
imho

According to the Times he had spent a lot of his earlier life in Florida with his family, and arrived in North London about 12 years ago. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they strike me as the kind of “old money” bank who sell themselves on their discretion and have lots of very rich clients who would rather the police didn’t go sniffing around, so I imagine they would push back against police attempts to monitor anything. That being said, they’re giv off major duffel-bag-full-of-cash vibes.

One of the weird contractions of the whole thing is her supposed wealth and the conditions she’s apparently been living in for the last six or seven years (according to The Times, anyway).
I totally agree with you. So many seeming contradictions all over this case....I also wonder how the Times would know that CM´s family fortune is being handled by Hoare´s Bank.Who would be giving out such highly private information??? The bank certainly would not, and I highly doubt that CM´s family would be any more forthcoming, and rightly so!!!

I am somewhat confused because this article indicates that they think the mother has “resources” yet they were in a car that broke down? Why did they not get it fixed?
Very valid point indeed! Why didn´t they get a decent car from the get-go,rather than an old banger likely to break down at any moment??? If CM really does have access to her trust fund, why on earth were they getting a "wreck" for a car??? These are not rational decisions in any way....

I wonder if there are alerts out at Holyhead, for the ferry across to Northern Ireland? They‘re conspicuous as a group though. I hope the newborn is ok.

I don’t think it’s easy to stay under the radar as a group particularly, unless they have people to put them up - which somehow I don’t think so.
I live in Newham and see couples who look like these two every day of the week. It's not as if Constance looks particularly glamorous or posh. She looks dishevelled and "local." There is an age gap between her and her partner but I don't think it's so jarringly apparent that people would take note of it. The only real difference is that her accent is almost certainly posher than his -- but people passing them in the street aren't necessarily going to hear them talk.

Aside from the regurgitated bits theres a ittle bit more about MG in this article (below) this morning..

I live in Newham and see couples who look like these two every day of the week. It's not as if Constance looks particularly glamorous or posh. She looks dishevelled and "local." There is an age gap between her and her partner but I don't think it's so jarringly apparent that people would take note of it. The only real difference is that her accent is almost certainly posher than his -- but people passing them in the street aren't necessarily going to hear them talk.
They would definitely blend in easier in cities but I still think at ports with people on the look out they would be noticeable. My guess is they would split up if they were going down that route.

I know from experience it’s not particularly easy to rent anywhere in London (for instance) without a shedload of background finance checks, so they‘re not going to be in a “normal” rental. Decent hotels will want ID.

They may be B and B-ing or staying in rooms in areas which ask fewer questions, but I still think the newborn would raise eyebrows. Have they bought a pram, travel cot, car seat even for cabs, supplies the baby would need? If not, that’s going to attract attention too. The baby will cry at times.

I still think they’re most likely being sheltered, or sleeping rough possibly - which would be v dangerous with the temps turning colder again this week.

ETA from the article posted above, noticing he will know north London. Also as they’ve been apparently living a “transient lifestyle” they will know where to find less picky landlords I would guess.

They would definitely blend in easier in cities but I still think at ports with people on the look out they would be noticeable. My guess is they would split up if they were going down that route.

I know from experience it’s not particularly easy to rent anywhere in London (for instance) without a shedload of background finance checks, so they‘re not going to be in a “normal” rental. Decent hotels will want ID.

They may be B and B-ing or staying in rooms in areas which ask fewer questions, but I still think the newborn would raise eyebrows. Have they bought a pram, travel cot, car seat even for cabs, supplies the baby would need? If not, that’s going to attract attention too. The baby will cry at times.

I still think they’re most likely being sheltered, or sleeping rough possibly - which would be v dangerous with the temps turning colder again this week.
There are plenty of bed sit type places in London that Wouldn't require the usual checks. They wouldn't be very nice but they would be a place with a roof.

I don't think buying baby things would raise any eyes either. I could easily walk into any John Lewis and pick up the big bits needed. Although at this age a pram wouldn't be too vital as she could baby wear. The smaller bits can be grabbed at any Boots.

I see it says they travelled by cash. But what was the mode of transport. Train? Bus? Uber? Does it seem like they were travelling to one single place? Or are they kinda roaming. I don't know much about the man, but maybe he has contacts that could and would house them?

So she has been in touch with family, which I guess could be how the police know it's a boy.
Its good she has been in touch with family, hopefully they are offering her some sort of support, id imagine being ‘aristos’ they prob dont want this sort of publicity & having their lives picked over by the press so maybe are trying to mediate some sort of conclusion/end to this story.
If they are in the same sort of transient world as my sister, there will be plenty of networks of places for them to stay/disappear, but probably, as you say, they wont be great places for a newborn but indoors nonetheless, or maybe theyre just minding their own business in some ‘no questions asked bedsit’ - theres plenty of those in london.

I see it says they travelled by cash. But what was the mode of transport. Train? Bus? Uber? Does it seem like they were travelling to one single place? Or are they kinda roaming. I don't know much about the man, but maybe he has contacts that could and would house them?
I believe they said it was taxi.. so possibly Uber or something like Black Lane ? I cant see it being a 'normal' taxi.

Very valid point indeed! Why didn´t they get a decent car from the get-go,rather than an old banger likely to break down at any moment??? If CM really does have access to her trust fund, why on earth were they getting a "wreck" for a car??? These are not rational decisions in any way....
Through uni I know someone is vair vairr posh, lovely girl but also one of the stingiest people I've ever met. I think lots of 'old money' people are. She also drives a crappy ancient car until it falls apart, then gets another one. She almost got booted out of her uni flat for not paying the rent, her clothes are expensive/nice but all mended. I think it could just be one of those posh people eccentricities

Through uni I know someone is vair vairr posh, lovely girl but also one of the stingiest people I've ever met. I think lots of 'old money' people are. She also drives a crappy ancient car until it falls apart, then gets another one. She almost got booted out of her uni flat for not paying the rent, her clothes are expensive/nice but all mended. I think it could just be one of those posh people eccentricities
Yes i have a few friends like that too..very posh, ridiculously frugal with everything & completly eccentric!

We also dont know the value in the trust fund ? It could be tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands or it could just a thousand! We don't know this information.<modsnip - no link> Either way, lets hope they are warm and safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a stereotype but one I think is often very true, but those with old money feel no need to show off with flashy cars and other items. They would much rather have an old dog walking car than an expensive Audi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho