Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The details about MG finally being released in the press are interesting. Is it that the police are desperate to find C and baby, and hence have encouraged the press to disclose this as a way to make it all a bit more serious and discourage anyone helping to harbour the group? Or is it a case of the press looking for new angles on the story and finally doing some proper digging only to discover what we all uncovered days ago.

If it’s the first scenario then that makes me even more concerned for C and baby as the police must be truly concerned for their wellbeing
Knowing the Press, I think it’s a given they had all the info from the beginning…as did many sleuthers.

Which means it’s your scenario one..and that is worrying

So they lost all their belonging in the car fire and their immediate reaction was to keep on running... I'm so worried for the outcome of this case. The police seem absolutely at a loss to where they could be, with no bank trails to follow it's going to be a challenge.

At least we know the baby is alive as was heard by the taxi drivers, hope mum and baby are still doing okay

That does rather change my speculation they don't have much money. It seems they have been dodging authorities unofficially for months. I reckon since she realised she was pregnant. They've been living in these run down places not to live, but because they'll take cash rent. That's going to have had cost a lot. That probably means they do have access to money from somewhere, possibly some sympathetic family.

Though it does clear up my confusion as to why they were being so vague about where they had come *from* when they broke down and about the baby's birth. They probably straight didn't know for a while. Also why nobody had a better picture of them.

The criminal record thing is interesting. He was 14, I know American criminal justice has crazy long sentences for juveniles but it must have been fairly horrendous to have caught 40 years. Still, I do not believe that alone (without any other offending since) would have had the social services take their kids away. Especially when she has access to the best lawyers etc.

It does widen the scope of where they could have gotten too though. They got caught out because of the fire and had to scramble to get somewhere discreet. However it seems they've got months practice on keeping under the radar. So they may not pop up again for a while. The only thing is, with a brand new baby and her being vulnerable, I doubt they will split up unless he has someone he can trust her with absolutely.

That does rather change my speculation they don't have much money. It seems they have been dodging authorities unofficially for months. I reckon since she realised she was pregnant. They've been living in these run down places not to live, but because they'll take cash rent. That's going to have had cost a lot. That probably means they do have access to money from somewhere, possibly some sympathetic family.

Though it does clear up my confusion as to why they were being so vague about where they had come *from* when they broke down and about the baby's birth. They probably straight didn't know for a while. Also why nobody had a better picture of them.

The criminal record thing is interesting. He was 14, I know American criminal justice has crazy long sentences for juveniles but it must have been fairly horrendous to have caught 40 years. Still, I do not believe that alone (without any other offending since) would have had the social services take their kids away. Especially when she has access to the best lawyers etc.

It does widen the scope of where they could have gotten too though. They got caught out because of the fire and had to scramble to get somewhere discreet. However it seems they've got months practice on keeping under the radar. So they may not pop up again for a while. The only thing is, with a brand new baby and her being vulnerable, I doubt they will split up unless he has someone he can trust her with absolutely.
I think they were probably trying to get to europe before she had the baby, so they could escape the authorities questions here- but as it was born en-route before they could reach a port, their plans were scuppered, especially if all their belongings were burnt in that car inc passports etc. Really woudnt want to be in their situation now as theres nowhere to go being stuck on this island (UK) - at some point they will be found, its inevitable. Especially as MG’s past is out in the open. I just hope they dont get abused/attacked because of his convictions if someone spots them..the gen public dosnt respond kindly to sex offenders etx

Yes agree-there seems to be conflict with the media, one minute they are missing, the next theyre being hunted…still think there must be more to it all..
Yes, I agree. One might be forgiven for thinking that they were terrorists on the run with reportedly 200 (!!!) Met Police officers working tha case, according to some media.
Could that number really be correct???

It was pretty obvious they'd been living in Bolton (so glad I don't go around ridiculing others, heavens only knows what circumstances or neuro diversities we all have, eh). Interesting that information is slowly trickling out and yet not one member of family or friends (no matter how long it's been) have appealed to them. I know how much I care about others, particularly what women experience, I'd want my friend and baby to have good health.
It appears that family have asked other extended family and friends not to speak to the press about it — as per the link posted above you by @dotr.

Yes, I agree. One might be forgiven for thinking that they were terrorists on the run with reportedly 200 (!!!) Met Police officers working tha case, according to some media.
Could that number really be correct???
Yep 200 police apparently, not sure i believe that…where i live were lucky if theres 2 police around for a town of 150k people lol…Seems a bit of overkill to be honest..im beginning to wonder what on earth have they done to warrant this amount of attention…if he had a long criminal record for crimes against minors id understand..but again we dont know the full story

Yep 200 police apparently, not sure i believe that…where i live were lucky if theres 2 police around for a town of 150k people lol…Seems a bit of overkill to be honest..im beginning to wonder what on earth have they done to warrant this amount of attention…if he had a long criminal record for crimes against minors id understand..but again we dont know the full story
I mean I find the fact he served 20 years and the Times claim he was sentenced to 40 (possibly typo by them) quite concerning. It seems to imply to me that they have concerns for CM and the baby. jMO

I mean I find the fact he served 20 years and the Times claim he was sentenced to 40 (possibly typo by them) quite concerning. It seems to imply to me that they have concerns for CM and the baby. jMO
Yes that is worrying -maybe because it was in Florida (which is a more harsh state when it comes to criminal offences) it was 20-40year sentence or 20 for rape 20 for kidnap out early on good behaviour- or the common 25 to life sentence..or it was halved because he was a minor..either way 20years is a long time without any stimulation -emotional or physical at 14/5 years old and deported straight after..

I’m going to ask a very dumb question so please forgive me — someone with such a conviction as this <modsnip>? Would this mean he isn’t allowed near children, therefore makes it harder to have his own? I don’t know how any of that works?
I was thinking they’ve been in hiding because they’ve had a baby in the past (going by an article posted on the previous page), perhaps removed from their care? And is perhaps the reason they’re running / hiding with their newborn now? JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member