Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought somewhereit said child was a boy?

This refers to a girl:

"A father being sought by police after disappearing with a missing aristocrat and their baby daughter..."

We still haven't had any confirmation the baby is alive. None of them have now been seen for 11 days. They may well have friends or connections who are helping them, as particularly if baby is still alive, they will need all manner of even the most basic of baby paraphernalia and they can't just hole up and not move from one place.
To be fair a baby of that age is very portable and just needs boob or bottle and nappies / diapers, not much else needed at that age. I hope they (well, constance and the baby) are warm and dry and have somewhere to sleep safely) I can see them holed up somewhere for a while unfortunately.

News - 18 January 2023 15:40

Detectives continue to appeal for information to trace a missing couple and their baby​

Detectives are continuing to appeal for information to trace a missing couple and their newborn baby who were last seen in London more than a week ago.

Officers are growing increasingly concerned for the welfare of Constance Marten, 35, Mark Gordon, 48, and their newborn child and are continuing to urge members of the public to get in touch with any information.

Detective Superintendent Lewis Basford, who is leading the investigation, said: “It has now almost been two weeks since Mark and Constance’s car broke down on the M61 near Bolton and they have been on the move all that time with a newborn baby.

“As far as we are aware, neither Constance nor the baby have received medical attention since it was born. Our priority is to ensure the baby, and indeed both Constance and Mark, are safe and well.

<modsnip - no more than 10% of an article may be copied>

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair a baby of that age is very portable and just needs boob or bottle and nappies / diapers, not much else needed at that age. I hope they (well, constance and the baby) are warm and dry and have somewhere to sleep safely) I can see them holed up somewhere for a while unfortunately.

What I am saying is that they will need to go out to buy these items, plus food and drink for themselves.

Awww guys be okay and come forward. I've been gripped by this, being a woman, being a mother, a feminist, a human...Every reaction I've seen on WS, in public, in media, people genuinely care. Those of us who've had babies - remember how much you bleed? Be well CM and baby.

I had not realised there was a two year gap between offence and prison

Gordon, 48, was jailed in the late 1980s in the US after raping and assaulting a woman in her early 20s when he was 14 years-old.

The state of Florida convicted him when he was 16 and he served a 20-year sentence before being deported back to the UK in 2010.

Constance Marten has never seen a medical professional prior or after birth and it’s believed the baby was born in a vehicle

more at the link ..........

I wonder what will happen when the police do catch up with them? Will they just ascertain all is well, and if so, let them go on their way? Or, if she possibly has had other children and they have been removed, will the same happen again?

If I were in that position - and given her past connections in journalism, I am sure she would have a few resources to call upon - I would be getting myself a good legal rep and starting negotiations with the various bodies (police, social services. etc.) as to how this scenario is going to move forward. They can't keep running around the country indefinitely that's for sure.

The Indie now running a live blog.

Couple know how to avoid authorities, say police​

Police investigating the disappearance of Constance Marten, Mark Gordon and their newborn baby said the couple appears to know how to evade authorities, making the search harder.

Officers believe they could be anywhere in the UK and are appealing to the public to come forward with any information that may help find them.

Investigators said it is unusual for hotels to accept cash payments and appealed to staff at hotels or hostels where the couple may stay to come forward.

I had not realised there was a two year gap between offence and prison

Gordon, 48, was jailed in the late 1980s in the US after raping and assaulting a woman in her early 20s when he was 14 years-old.

The state of Florida convicted him when he was 16 and he served a 20-year sentence before being deported back to the UK in 2010.

Constance Marten has never seen a medical professional prior or after birth and it’s believed the baby was born in a vehicle

more at the link ..........

The US criminal system doesn’t pull any punches, does it… If a 14 year old assaulted anyone here, they’d be getting out a lot faster than 22 years later. Wonder if there was any more to it, like prison violence, or if that sentence is standard?

Now reported by the Beeb

Father of missing newborn is registered sex offender

Police do not even know if the child was born prematurely or went full term.

Only a day or so old at the time of the car fire, they could have been born in the vehicle, officers say.

Couple missing with newborn baby urged to contact police
The couple appear to have left their home in Eltham, south-east London, in September, when Ms Marten would have shown the first signs of pregnancy, and have since led a nomadic lifestyle, police say.

After the fire, near Farnworth, at 18:30, they walked off the motorway embankment and flagged down a taxi, which took them to Liverpool.

From there, they took another taxi to the Essex port of Harwich but there is no sign of them trying to board a ferry.

And on 7 January, they took a taxi from Harwich to East Ham, spending hundreds of pounds in fares in a couple of days.

Taxi drivers report hearing the baby in their cabs.

I have a question...

If a British person, who's living in another country, is convicted of a crime in that country/serves a jail term in that country, does the conviction follow to the birth country?

Would a person be on the S.O. register here if their crime/sentence was commited elsewhere? What about the person being a child themselves at the time?

The details about MG finally being released in the press are interesting. Is it that the police are desperate to find C and baby, and hence have encouraged the press to disclose this as a way to make it all a bit more serious and discourage anyone helping to harbour the group? Or is it a case of the press looking for new angles on the story and finally doing some proper digging only to discover what we all uncovered days ago.

If it’s the first scenario then that makes me even more concerned for C and baby as the police must be truly concerned for their wellbeing

Last edited by a moderator:
The details about MG finally being released in the press are interesting. Is it that the police are desperate to find C and baby, and hence have encouraged the press to disclose this as a way to make it all a bit more serious and discourage anyone helping to harbour the group? Or is it a case of the press looking for new angles on the story and finally doing some proper digging only to discover what we all uncovered days ago.

If it’s the first scenario then that makes me even more concerned for C and baby as the police must be truly concerned for their wellbeing
Or would press have to wait for police to confirm details and current criminal status (register for eg) here, especially as afawk, these things happened in America only? Maybe the police took their time looking into it? The Met for example are currently dealing with the trial aftermath and conviction of - yet another - rapist in their ranks

A new picture of Mark Gordon published by The Times seemingly.

Here is a website where you can copy and paste the link in to get past the paywall (mods, please delete if not allowed).

www.12ft.io
We’ll that link says he was sentenced to 40 years and served 20!

So if police don’t know if she was full term does this mean there was no antenatal care, are medics not allowed to release that information due to patient confidentiality or whatever? Sorry if that’s a stupid question.
I assume as the health of the baby is potentially at stake then that would overrule the Hippocratic oath.

So if this is the case then the only way they could know there’s a newborn baby and it definitely belongs to them is from some kind of other evidence surely?

MOO

The US criminal system doesn’t pull any punches, does it… If a 14 year old assaulted anyone here, they’d be getting out a lot faster than 22 years later. Wonder if there was any more to it, like prison violence, or if that sentence is standard?
I’m in the US and that seems like an unusually long sentence for a crime he committed at 14. I’m assuming he was charged as an adult, but rapists usually don’t serve that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho