Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a word I would be using, too, if I were CM's father in this context!
But then he and I are of almost the same age...
I'm so glad for CM's sake that Mr Marten is finally making this heartfelt appeal to his daughter.
For this extremely private family to do so has no doubt been very hard for them, since they haven't really been featured much in the media since the sudden, partly drug-related death of CM's great-grandfather's "wild" sister (the actress Lois Sturt) at 37 in Budapest in 1937.
I wonder if their silence until now is less to do with family privacy and closing of the ranks... And more to do with being (or perceived by CM as being) part of the reason her other kids were (presumably) taken away and possibly finding a kinship placement in the family/getting adopted. - Thus feeling an appeal from them would do the opposite of helping.

Now you would hope if he was as it turns out a completely reformed charecter, they wouldn't do this out of pure judgment on his past. However, I don't think any family would be happy for a long time if their 26 year old daughter introduced her new beau, a 13 years older convicted rapist, kidnapper etc fairly fresh off a 20 year stretch. They could have easily voiced those concerns, especially as people who likely had no experience with SS.

I imagine if she was allowed to keep the first child originally, perhaps with strict conditions, they would have been carefully monitored by SS. Any apparent DVs or breaching the contact conditions could have had SS moving to step in. If her family spoke up, well that could have been the beginning of it all unraveling. Especially since both someone from her background and his may not be especially disposed to co-operating with a government service putting rules around raising their baby, and that can be a big factor in partners getting to raise the kids if a parent/partner is a SO.

Last edited:
Looks like her family starts speaking up
Father issues plea for mum missing with newborn

The article also mentions her family is aware of MG past.

And that MG is on UK's SO register

Interesting, because the Guardian makes a point of describing MG as "a registered sex offender in the US" in this very recent article, which suggests to me that they've been unable to confirm what the BBC is saying.

Constance Marten: estranged father of missing woman urges her to go to police

Given that she had at least two children aged at least nine months by February 2020, I expect she had the first much earlier, maybe early 2017.

<modsnip - no link> I expect the plan was always to get out of the country just before the baby was born but the birth was premature. There wouldn’t be so many police working on it if there wasn’t significant risk of harm to the baby and/or one or more of the adults.
Can you provide a link to that? TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide a link to that? TIA.
““Toooots where in the world are you? I’ve missed your beautiful spirit in my life!” a friend commented on a Facebook profile picture in 2020 — her first in four years — showing Constance smiling with a baby believed to be hers. Around the same time, she uploaded an entire Facebook album of baby photos, captioned “my love sprogs”, suggesting she might have had more than one child.”

newFile-1.jpg

‘Beyond painful’: Dad of runaway aristocrat pleads with daughter to turn herself in

Absolutely no sympathy or defending MG, he committed a terrible crime and I have bottomless empathy for his victim. My only point was that if you look at the above photo, you'd think that MG was victimizing CM. We have no evidence of that.

Absolutely no sympathy or defending MG, he committed a terrible crime and I have bottomless empathy for his victim. My only point was that if you look at the above photo, you'd think that MG was victimizing CM. We have no evidence of that.
True…

New here...Hi!

This was originally reported in my local news but I haven't really followed it much until today.

A large amount of these missing family reports are down to concerns re: the male in the relationship, usually a safeguarding issue about DV and the woman's reluctance to leave her partner which Children's Services will stipulate as a requirement of keeping her child safe.

The media focus so far though seems to be on CM with drips being fed about MG.

Things I'm wondering about....

What was MG doing between 2010 and 2016? Possibility of previous relationships where coercion and control was an issue and a log of police incidents may have become available even if they didn't result in prosecution. Possibly there've been other interventions by Children's Services.

As an RSO he would have to report changes of address. <modsnip - no link> I wonder if a report has been made by a local police force that he has failed to comply prior to them going on the run as they sometimes do on Twitter etc

To me the reports of damage to the property indicates domestic violence going on rather than damage for the sake of it.

Maybe she made friends in the facebook group who through their common purpose might support them?

<modsnip - not victim friendly> The longer this goes on they'll become increasingly stressed because their choices are so limited. The risk to the child regardless of not seeing a health practiitioner is very high.

I don't necessarily think there's more to this than her family being very well connected and the police wanting to be seen to be doing everything possible now it's become big news. The royal connection gets clicks and makes for big headlines so it's no longer the usual missing family story.

All Moo obvs. Hope they're found soon and that baby is safe and well.

I'd be really surprised if he wasn't issued with a notification order.

View attachment 396312

He's also technically still on probation until 2030, which could be a consideration.

Thank you so much for finding this out/sharing it. I tried looking but couldn't make sense of it.

And his mother says they secretly got married in this article
Aristocrat plea to missing daughter who vanished with rapist boyfriend
Thanks for sharing, <modsnip - sleuthing or attempting to sleuth people not named a POI>
Mum says he's a good boy.
<modsnip - sleuthing or attempting to sleuth people not named a POI>

And how a 14 year old child from Birmingham got involved in crime.

Notice that C's friends said that she is (or was when they knew her) a very kind, beautiful person.

M's mum says he's a good boy.

We have to agree that what M told C about his past, she has accepted and she has stayed with him, she's loyal to him and she's had children by him.

<modsnip - victims' other children are off limits>

Initially police appealed to CM stating they imagined she was feeling scared but they only wanted to help.

Does anyone think they're close to finding these guys?

20 years! Not long out then before he met her. You can understand why her family may not have been overly enamoured of him, and why he no doubt flagged up on records.
perhaps they were not aware of his past? Maybe CM wasn't either. But if she did know and If they were keeping the pregnancy a secret and evading social services I wonder why they they didn't go abroad or settle somewhere they were unknown before the birth. Would someone on the SO register have to check in with probation services periodically?

I think they were probably trying to get to europe before she had the baby, so they could escape the authorities questions here- but as it was born en-route before they could reach a port, their plans were scuppered, especially if all their belongings were burnt in that car inc passports etc. Really woudnt want to be in their situation now as theres nowhere to go being stuck on this island (UK) - at some point they will be found, its inevitable. Especially as MG’s past is out in the open. I just hope they dont get abused/attacked because of his convictions if someone spots them..the gen public dosnt respond kindly to sex offenders etx
yes I agree with this scenario. Wonder why they didn't leave the country sooner ,unless the birth was premature maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member