Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to three missing people.
While mainstream media sources and the contents contained within their articles are approved here, please keep in mind that we are a VICTIM FRIENDLY site.

Members may reasonably discuss what is said in the MSM by them or about them only when it is known to be relevant to the case. Do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them. (As of this post, all 3 missing people are VICTIMS).

If you are unsure about what you want to post or have questions, please use the report feature on any post to ask a staff member!

Thanks,
Mad

<modsnip - discussing moderation>

I do hope the police have some idea where they are. Letting the press post about SO status has really opened the floodgates.

He was convicted terrible things etc. Publicly he is a MP, not a POI, not a suspect in any crime and has not been named a danger to CM or baby. What's more they were terrible things 30+ years ago as a juvenile in another country with no known connection to this situation.

It's everywhere. <modsnip - no link> Now I get why they did it and obviously idk that much over how fair that is.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

The cash is dwindling they're likely running out of places to hide.

The stress would be too much for most people. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

I dont want to wake up to news of three bodies in a field somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

I do hope the police have some idea where they are. Letting the press post about SO status has really opened the floodgates.

He was convicted terrible things etc. Publicly he is a MP, not a POI, not a suspect in any crime and has not been named a danger to CM or baby. What's more they were terrible things 30+ years ago as a juvenile in another country with no known connection to this situation.

It's everywhere. <modsnip - no link> Now I get why they did it and obviously idk that much over how fair that is.
<modsnip - not victim friendly>
The cash is dwindling they're likely running out of places to hide.

Its enough to push anyone over the edge

1674188883695.png

Anyone who has information on the family’s whereabouts should call the incident room on 020 7175 0785.

Alternatively, information can be reported 100 per cent anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. They never ask for personal details and they do not trace your device.

Has there been word of an financial activity for either one since the disappearance? Babies need stuff and shelter. Passport activity on planes or trains? I'm really frightened for the baby. <modsnip - not victim friendly> jmo

The nature of his crime and how he held the victim hostage whilst her children were asleep is now revealed. It’s all coming out bit by bit now. Taken from Daily Mail article just released:

Constance Marten, 35, is missing with newborn baby and partner Mark Gordon
  • Friends say she cut off contact with all friends and family after meeting Gordon
  • Pair first spotted in Lancashire shortly after leaving car bought six days earlier
  • Gordon is a sex offender with previous convictions for kidnapping in the US
  • He sexually assaulted and held a woman hostage while her children were asleep
REVEALED: How missing sex offender sexually assaulted hostage at 14

REVEALED: How missing sex offender sexually assaulted hostage at 14
Goodness that's a lot of manpower being expended. It all seems more like a hunt than a search/wellness check, IMO. I guess law enforcement feels there's great cause for alarm? The picture of their car fire did look like it was totally engulfed...very concerning. From your linked article...

"Some 200 officers are working on the search and have scoured through more than 200 hours of CCTV footage since the pair were last seen on January 7."

<modsnip - not victim friendly> The cash is dwindling they're likely running out of places to hide.

Indeed. The kind of headlines we’ve seen in the last couple of days will hardly encourage him to come forward. Turning the screw in this way significantly increases the risk of people who already under significant pressure making bad decisions.

<modsnip - not victim friendly> The cash is dwindling they're likely running out of places to hide.

I've been worried about this for the past few days, as things have intensified. The role of the media in helping find vulnerable missing persons could be called into question as the scrutiny has reached fever-pitch. I wonder whether the police wanted this, or whether they deliberately held back the info for as long as possible and then someone actually bothered to do some journalism and the flood gates opened.

These guys have chosen to be itinerant and under the radar for some months and have survived. It feels like the manhunt could easily push them over the edge, as it has produced a scenario a hundred times worse than they were trying to avoid. I have a horrible feeling about the whole thing.

I've been worried about this for the past few days, as things have intensified. The role of the media in helping find vulnerable missing persons could be called into question as the scrutiny has reached fever-pitch. I wonder whether the police wanted this, or whether they deliberately held back the info for as long as possible and then someone actually bothered to do some journalism and the flood gates opened.

These guys have chosen to be itinerant and under the radar for some months and have survived. It feels like the manhunt could easily push them over the edge, as it has produced a scenario a hundred times worse than they were trying to avoid. I have a horrible feeling about the whole thing.
I think the police were holding back the press. Him being a registered sex offender was easy to find with a Google search and it was quickly known he'd been in prison for a long time. When this stated getting traction that would have been the fist thing they wanted to find out.

I reckon the police held it back for two reasons.

One: They were hoping to scoop them up quickly while they were caught out by the fire or hoping they would present themselves to a hospital when it was evident she'd given birth days before.

Two: The UK SOR is not open. There are strict rules around disclosure. He isn't a suspect at this point. His offence was 35 years ago in a different country as a juvenile and not directly related to what's going on now. Blasting that all over the press and essentially ruining his ability to live a private life is a hell of a thing to do. The amount of collateral damage and the increased risks that entails would have to be extensively justified.

When they vanished and Police couldn't track them for a week or more, hypothetically the level of potential risk (medical or otherwise) to mother and baby apparently rose to the point they felt it necessary. Mainly as a tool to curtail the sympathy that might be preventing some MOPs calling in sightings.

While it certainly makes for great drama in the headlines, the Aristocrat and the SO!, the reality is that Mark Gordon was 14/15 years old when the offense occurred, he pleaded guilty, he served his time, was released and deported. There has been zero indication he has had any sort of criminal history since his return to the UK. Unless LE indicates otherwise, it has nothing to do with the current situation. I think the tabloid media seized on it for the clickbait and it possibly blew up in a way LE didn't intend.

And I think it's worth reiterating, as far as is publicly known, there is no crime involved here.

MOO

While it certainly makes for great drama in the headlines, the Aristocrat and the SO!, the reality is that Mark Gordon was 14/15 years old when the offense occurred, he pleaded guilty, he served his time, was released and deported. There has been zero indication he has had any sort of criminal history since his return to the UK. Unless LE indicates otherwise, it has nothing to do with the current situation. I think the tabloid media seized on it for the clickbait and it possibly blew up in a way LE didn't intend.

And I think it's worth reiterating, as far as is publicly known, there is no crime involved here.

MOO

Yup. A bit less “turn yourself in to the police” and a bit more “just let us know you are ok” might prove more productive at this point.

ETA - ideally coming from someone CM actually knows and/or respects.

MOO
I agree, however didn't one member of WS contact a journalist to ask re the FDLE case, and that journalist said something like they weren't allowed to go there? Which kinda seems police-y...I don't know. Maybe police forbid it and then said, okay. But to me it's precarious, the little family are in a vulnerable position and media are now using all sorts of different sensational scary ways to call him what he was charged with...it can't be helpful or conducive or safe?

Occasionally police released
I agree, however didn't one member of WS contact a journalist to ask re the FDLE case, and that journalist said something like they weren't allowed to go there? Which kinda seems police-y...I don't know. Maybe police forbid it and then said, okay. But to me it's precarious, the little family are in a vulnerable position and media are now using all sorts of different sensational scary ways to call him what he was charged with...it can't be helpful or conducive or safe?

My interpretation is they were probably looking into the legality of publishing it and eventually someone got the go ahead/or just went for it to sell papers.

I worry that this is going to end gravely.

Agree with expressed concerns about police/media creating a very untenable situation for all three missing people. Possible this “hunt” is putting baby at more risk by driving family further underground. No way they can pop in for medical check now Without being known.

Patrick Nash, former Florida neighbor of Mark Gordon, has told how he broke into his home...........

The teenager, had armed himself with a spade, removed a kitchen window panel before creeping into the bedroom where the retail manager and his wife were sleeping.

Brutal attack - around 7am on April 21, 1989.....

Mr Nash ..'I wasn't supposed to be home in the morning when this happened......

'My wife wakes up and screams. I start to get up and I'm hit in the head with a shovel. ........
I miraculously was able to chase him out of the house.....

'He had taken cutlery and placed it around the house so he would have access to weapons. My son was an infant at the time and he was in the room next to us.

full story at link

Last edited:
I haven't RTFT so forgive me if I'm paraphrasing what has already been said!

What is the general consensus here that we have 3 missing people who appear to be on the run yet nothing has been said by LE to suggest this is the case!?! Ignoring all of the news articles about his past because there is no nod to that being relevant here, what on earth could cause this type of national 'hunt'?

My only musing would be if because of his past he is not allowed around children, though again we have no indication that his SO has been against children, is that relevant or can an adult SO be disallowed contact with their own children?! LE have never said he is dangerous so assuming all 3 are equally at risk, what gives!?

If he (or indeed, she) was wanted, we'd have been made aware wouldn't we? There's no words that suggest kidnap from any party. Vulnerable people dissappear all of the time but don't get such huge media attention. I can't fathom the decisions made here to find them by national media and so many LE involved. I'm scratching my head and wondering what could theoretically be the reasoning.

Jan 20 2023 rbbm.
by Mark Williams-Thomas
''We don’t yet know why Marten and Gordon have chosen to go on the run – or how long they’ll manage to evade detection. But after decades of experience in tracking down wanted people, I can tell you some of the ways I believe they have managed to go “off-grid”.

As each day goes by, we are learning more and more about their lives. We know they are wanted not only because of concerns for the welfare of their newborn son, but because of Constance herself – who may not have been seen by medical professionals since his birth.

Such haste to get from the north to the south of England suggests they had already identified a place to lie low and hide. But how are they both managing to stay hidden? Here are some key ways:
  • Not using credit cards because they can be tracked to location of use.
  • Using false names allows them not to be instantly recognised. I highly suspect that they will have already set up aliases, which will have their own “legend” or backstory giving some level of authenticity.''
When people don’t know an area, they tend to head for bigger cities and towns, which offer less familiarity that a small village. A stranger in a small village will be noticed.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member