Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, the placenta was found in the back of the car, that was on fire?
Surely the placenta would have been burned, if not mostly destroyed?
I'm very confused.
An engine fire presumably. Could be well ablaze and also leave plenty intact the back seats. Could be :
Fire Brigade get thete. Burning cat. Put out engine fire. Nobody here, car not officially registered. Look around and go 'wtf is that a bodypart? There's a lot of blood... Call the police.' Hence it turns into a 12 hour police cordon. Police get there. Have to put together what that's about, then who they are, then why they're running (doesn't seem they were officially missing before) what's a baby doing etc etc.

Also by 'loosing their luggage in the fire' could also mean that they had to abandon it when they hoofed it with the baby.

An engine fire presumably. Could be well ablaze and also leave plenty intact the back seats. Could be :
Fire Brigade get thete. Burning cat. Put out engine fire. Nobody here, car not officially registered. Look around and go 'wtf is that a bodypart? There's a lot of blood... Call the police.' Hence it turns into a 12 hour police cordon. Police get there. Have to put together what that's about, then who they are, then why they're running (doesn't seem they were officially missing before) what's a baby doing etc etc.

Also by 'loosing their luggage in the fire' could also mean that they had to abandon it when they hoofed it with the baby.
You make a good point about 'losing their luggage in the fire.' I automatically thought it meant that they were destroyed, but as you say, it could mean they were left behind and thus 'lost.'
And thank you for solving my confusion.

Yes the "concealed the pregnancy for 5 months" freaked me out a bit. I really hope that's just press reporting things oddly and they aren't on the run with a 4 month premature baby
Sorry, where is the 5 months concealment referenced in the article? Or has it been removed? I couldn’t see it anywhere.

The viability benchmark (when a baby can survive outside the womb, with medical assistance) is 24 weeks (6 months). It seems very unlikely that CM has given birth to a live baby at 20 weeks & that the baby has survived without NICU support.

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, I'm catching up.
But the talk of having a substantial amount of cash, makes me wonder if maybe they are using crypto currency?
I wonder if this supposed ‘vast amount of cash’ the press keeps going on about, went up in flames in their car. They lost all their luggage/belongings. They dont seem to be om cctv carrying suitcases full of money..
Earlier articles reference CM’s access to a substantial family trust fund (the family never restricted her access to this, even in her estrangement or since going missing). She may have withdrawn cash from there before going on the run.

Speculation: if she attempted to access further funds now, could this be tracked and fed back to the police? I would think so. IIRC the trust fund is held with a private wealth bank, so possibly not as easily accessible as your average high street bank either… but I have no idea what that kind of set up would look like. Could be she can access it using a standard debit card at any cash machine!

Sorry, where is the 5 months concealment referenced in the article? Or has it been removed? I couldn’t see it anywhere.

The viability benchmark (when a baby can survive outside the womb, with medical assistance) is 24 weeks (6 months). It seems very unlikely that CM has given birth to a live baby at 20 weeks & that the baby has survived without NICU support.
It could be they have been moving around to conceal the pregnancy for five months. For the first three it would have been a lot easier to conceal/would have been less noticeable.

Impressive how effectively they are managing to hide. Especially from 200 officers.
I can only assume with that level of manpower involved they are seriously concerned with the health and well-being of the baby due to drug abuse, mental health issues or some safeguarding issue. She’s already had children removed so I’m assuming the authorities are seriously concerned for good reason. Not just because she is wealthy/ white/ upper class etc…

Earlier articles reference CM’s access to a substantial family trust fund (the family never restricted her access to this, even in her estrangement or since going missing). She may have withdrawn cash from there before going on the run.

Speculation: if she attempted to access further funds now, could this be tracked and fed back to the police? I would think so. IIRC the trust fund is held with a private wealth bank, so possibly not as easily accessible as your average high street bank either… but I have no idea what that kind of set up would look like. Could be she can access it using a standard debit card at any cash machine!
It would be known immediately if she had.
I ask myself though whether she really had access to funds?
I have a feeling it was not so simple for her.
I hope she is okay, I really do.
She seems to be a truly beautiful soul and spirit.

Napier Marten, 63, said: “I want you to understand that you are much much loved whatever the circumstances. We are deeply concerned for your and your baby’s welfare.”

Constance Marten was a drama student when she met Gordon in 2016 and led an increasingly isolated life with him, cutting ties with family and friends.

Her father, who said he had known about Gordon’s criminal conviction for some time, said: “The past eight years have been beyond painful for all the family as well as your friends, as they must have been for you. And to see you so vulnerable again is testing in the extreme.”
edited to add text of her father's message

Last edited:
Does anyone know how young Mark Gordon was when his mother moved the family to Florida, and the reason for the move?
Apparently he was 14. Had only just moved there shortly before the offences. I haven’t read anything as to why they moved but there is mention of moving along with step siblings so perhaps mum met and moved for a new partner? Just speculation.

AFAIK, the placenta was found in the back of the car, that was on fire?
Surely the placenta would have been burned, if not mostly destroyed?
I'm very confused.
From the telegraph article
"Greater Manchester Police was called at 6.33pm by motorists who reported seeing the car alight on the hard shoulder. When emergency workers arrived they found the front engine alight but inspected the front and rear of the vehicle to ensure no one was inside.

The source said it was then the crews spotted placenta and other signs of childbirth in the back seat. It is believed the baby was born in the car one or two days earlier."

From the atelegraph article
"Constance Marten, 35, and Mark Gordon, 48, disappeared two weeks ago after they had apparently concealed her pregnancy for five months. "

I'm assuming the implication is that she started moving around when she started to show. The alternative is frightening

Marten’s father, Napier, points to an estrangement that began when his daughter met Gordon, tearing her away from family and friends to embark on an itinerant life

When she was nine, Constance’s father had what was described as an “awakening”. He later told how a voice in his head had told him to discard the £115m family fortune, shave his head and fly to Australia. Napier followed its bidding and, having duly shaved his head, had an out-of-body experience while standing on a cliff-top with a group of Aboriginal Australians. “Everything in my life materially was a completely empty shell,” he said. He lived in a lorry and trained in head massage.

Marten’s father, Napier, points to an estrangement that began when his daughter met Gordon, tearing her away from family and friends to embark on an itinerant life

When she was nine, Constance’s father had what was described as an “awakening”. He later told how a voice in his head had told him to discard the £115m family fortune, shave his head and fly to Australia. Napier followed its bidding and, having duly shaved his head, had an out-of-body experience while standing on a cliff-top with a group of Aboriginal Australians. “Everything in my life materially was a completely empty shell,” he said. He lived in a lorry and trained in head massage.

Rich people, huh.

"Lived in a lorry". Just saying.

Apparently he was 14. Had only just moved there shortly before the offences. I haven’t read anything as to why they moved but there is mention of moving along with step siblings so perhaps mum met and moved for a new partner? Just speculation.
I'm wondering if they moved to avoid something in the UK. It seems a rapid change to go from a normal 14 year old to sex offender/burgular in a new country in a matter of months.

"Lived in a lorry". Just saying.
Interesting, isn't it?

I'm just hoping she is okay.
I'm concerned though.
Very.

Ms Tahoun described how, while they were working together in Cairo, she had warned Ms Marten about a “vulgar” boyfriend.

“I told her to stay away from such people because they take advantage of her they don’t love her for who she is,” she said.

“When she falls in love she doesn’t listen to anyone.”

I think it is worth noting that this article that has been posted more than once is an opinion piece, and clearly labeled as such. He is not working on the case, and has no more information about the circumstances that we do. He is using his experience as a former law enforcement officer, yes, but it remains his speculation. Just like what we do here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members