Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right that the last sighting of either of them was 7th January? Its very worrying that none of them have been seen, especially with so much media attention and police resources being used. The more time that goes by the more concerned I feel about the outcome.
I'm wondering/hoping that they have been seen and the police have chosen not to share this with the public yet. The information about them being seen in East Ham was released days afterwards IIRC. Maybe once their leads had turned cold?

Some things beginning to make sense to me now, wondering if CM is disinclined to accept traditional medical help? imo, speculation.
rbbm.

<modsnip - off topic>

''Constance, whose friends lovingly called her Toots, is believed to have joined Joshua after attending an evangelical-style course, exploring Christian beliefs in London.
But the aristocrat never talked about the experiences on her return, the pal said.
She continued: "T B Joshua was a God-like figure. It was scary, and I believe it changed her. It was a huge part of her life.
"When she returned from Nigeria, there were strained relations with her family.
"She was still exuberant in everything, but she found relationships very hard.
"It was like she came back totally *advertiser censored**ed. She was more rebellious. She thought she had recovered, but it was difficult for her."

Last edited by a moderator:
Some things beginning to make sense to me now, wondering if CM is disinclined to accept traditional medical help? imo, speculation.
rbbm.

<modsnip - off topic>

''Constance, whose friends lovingly called her Toots, is believed to have joined Joshua after attending an evangelical-style course, exploring Christian beliefs in London.
But the aristocrat never talked about the experiences on her return, the pal said.
She continued: "T B Joshua was a God-like figure. It was scary, and I believe it changed her. It was a huge part of her life.
"When she returned from Nigeria, there were strained relations with her family.
"She was still exuberant in everything, but she found relationships very hard.
"It was like she came back totally *advertiser censored**ed. She was more rebellious. She thought she had recovered, but it was difficult for her."
One of the groups she's liked on FB is about surviving cults.

The half-sister of a rapist on the run with his aristocrat partner and their newborn baby has claimed he was 'wrongly convicted' in the US, amid allegations the young mother was 'brainwashed' by a charismatic Nigerian cult leader.

Mark Gordon, who was convicted on four counts of sexual battery when he was just 14 after holding a neighbour hostage at knifepoint for four-and-a-half hours, spent 20 years in prison in the US.

His half-sister Karen Satchell made a direct appeal for him to get in touch on Sunday night, saying he is being 'publicly persecuted'.

[...]

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Mail, Ms Satchell said: 'I think it is terrible what they are doing to him.

'He has done 20 years of persecution in a jail and now he is being persecuted publicly when he is just trying to start his life all over again. They are making it like Mark has kidnapped her and taken her off and that is not the way.'

Ms Satchell, who claims her brother was wrongly convicted in America, added: 'I know my brother.

'If I could say one thing to him it would be, "Mark, reach out to one of us, reach out to me and let me know what is going on, I will do whatever I can to help".'

[...]

Oh wow. Well the *advertiser censored* hit the fan on this one in the last 24 hours, didn’t it! I had seen the appeals by her father and brother last night, and I was hoping for some sort of development. If I am understanding correctly in the two articles that aren’t from DM (both linked above), we now haven’t seen hare nor Hyde of these two - well, 3 - since January 9th? That’s the most recent sighting I can see references anywhere, and now they’ve really thrown a wrench in things with these US based offenses from when DM was 14.

So the tale end of my career was working with civilly committed SVPs, and ai find it troubling that they are brandishing the word “Rapist!” across so much media if we are talking about a singular offense that occurred when he, himself, was a child. No one’s even going to be able to get a record on that in the US if he was a juvenile and has not reoffended, <modsnip - no link>.

This has gone from bizarre to bizarre and concerning. If they haven’t been seen in over 10 days, there’s certainly much more to worry about now. I’m going to poke around and see if I can find any public articles from his offense as a minor. <modsnip - no link>

Okay, I need to back WAAAY up, and hopefully someone can help me out here: who said she has three elder children? What is the source? I’ve consumed all I can find on The Independent, the one paper I have been told is good journalism and not a tabloid. There I’ve found all about Ms. Marten’s family history, all about Mr. Gordon’s past crimes… <modsnip - sleuthing other children>

It seems that the core issues here are her mental health and alleged “brainwashing” by a Nigerian cult (reading up on that now) and his criminal record stemming from an incident in Florida when Mr. Gordon was 15 years old. She’s been estranged from her family since at least 2016 <modsnip>.

Okay, I need to back WAAAY up, and hopefully someone can help me out here: who said she has three elder children? What is the source? I’ve consumed all I can find on The Independent, the one paper I have been told is good journalism and not a tabloid. There I’ve found all about Ms. Marten’s family history, all about Mr. Gordon’s past crimes…<modsnip - sleuthing other children>

It seems that the core issues here are her mental health and alleged “brainwashing” by a Nigerian cult (reading up on that now) and his criminal record stemming from an incident in Florida when Mr. Gordon was 15 years old. She’s been estranged from her family since at least 2016 <modsnip>
<modsnip - quoted post snipped>

I think the cult stuff is largely irrelevant as it was quite some time before she became estranged. I think it is only really relevant in showing that she is vulnerable. JMO

Oh wow. Well the *advertiser censored* hit the fan on this one in the last 24 hours, didn’t it! I had seen the appeals by her father and brother last night, and I was hoping for some sort of development. If I am understanding correctly in the two articles that aren’t from DM (both linked above), we now haven’t seen hare nor Hyde of these two - well, 3 - since January 9th? That’s the most recent sighting I can see references anywhere, and now they’ve really thrown a wrench in things with these US based offenses from when DM was 14.

So the tale end of my career was working with civilly committed SVPs, and ai find it troubling that they are brandishing the word “Rapist!” across so much media if we are talking about a singular offense that occurred when he, himself, was a child. No one’s even going to be able to get a record on that in the US if he was a juvenile and has not reoffended, <modsnip - no link>.

This has gone from bizarre to bizarre and concerning. If they haven’t been seen in over 10 days, there’s certainly much more to worry about now. I’m going to poke around and see if I can find any public articles from his offense as a minor. <modsnip - no link>
There's court records in Florida which relate to his offence.

<modsnip - quoted post snipped>

I think the cult stuff is largely irrelevant as it was quite some time before she became estranged. I think it is only really relevant in showing that she is vulnerable. JMO
I guess that’s what I’m asking. I don’t understand where this idea came from, because I’ve found nothing to suggest it to be true.

There's court records in Florida which relate to his offence.
I just found and read over them. That’s… a lot for a 15 year old. I didn’t realize there were two separate incidents based on those initial media reports. Either way, o do think there raises an issue of relevance if he truly has done nothing at all since his release and return to England. I know there is always the debate on culpability when the perpetrator is so young. In this case, while those initial two crimes were certainly viscous and might be considered predictive of future criminal behavior, he was released at age 34 and has not committed any offenses in his entire adult life. That speaks of someone who learned from their incarceration and has acclimated to a normal, law abiding life. Unless the present evidence of additional offenses post-release, I don’t know how much it really means.

"Runaway heiress Constance Marten and her partner, Mark Gordon, have been at the centre of a nationwide police hunt for the last two weeks."

I'm not able to understand why this couple is the cause for a "police hunt."
Why are these people being pursued?
What crimes have they committed, excluding the male's long-ago criminal behaviour, for which it appears he has completed his punishment of incarceration?
Is he therefore not deserving of a White Stone?
Are they being hunted because the female gave birth to her baby in a car, and sought postpartum medical inspection for neither herself or her baby?
Because they abandoned their vehicle?

Because she is estranged from her family?

What am I missing here? Unless I've missed evidence of a serious crime, IMO it smacks of a tempest in a toilet bowl.

I guess that’s what I’m asking. I don’t understand where this idea came from, because I’ve found nothing to suggest it to be true.
Put it this way - we can discuss anything confirmed in MSM on here, but we can’t discuss anything from the social media profiles of victims. This is why no one is answering your question.

"Runaway heiress Constance Marten and her partner, Mark Gordon, have been at the centre of a nationwide police hunt for the last two weeks."

I'm not able to understand why this couple is the cause for a "police hunt."
Why are these people being pursued?
What crimes have they committed, excluding the male's long-ago criminal behaviour, for which it appears he has completed his punishment of incarceration?
Is he therefore not deserving of a White Stone?
Are they being hunted because the female gave birth to her baby in a car, and sought postpartum medical inspection for neither herself or her baby?
Because they abandoned their vehicle?

Because she is estranged from her family?

What am I missing here? Unless I've missed evidence of a serious crime, IMO it smacks of a tempest in a toilet bowl.

I know what's concerning to me...the car fire. A broken down car is a situation most people have dealt with at one time or another. It's very different, an anomaly really, a car ungulfed in flames. I'd really like to know how that vehicle came to be ignited. Just some thoughts.

I know what's concerning to me...the car fire. A broken down car is a situation most people have dealt with at one time or another. It's very different, an anomaly really, a car ungulfed in flames. I'd really like to know how that vehicle came to be ignited. Just some thoughts.
This article references the car fire.

The couple are believed to have purchased the vehicle in cash days before it went on fire, which was likely the fault of a mechnical failure rather than started deliberately, The Independent understands.

My guess is that it is just one of those things that happens occasionally - probably the engine over-heating or an electrical fault. I think the fire was confined to the engine compartment, but I can't be sure. I haven't seen any details about the car, except that it was purchased a few days earlier for cash. Been there, done that - you really don't know what you are getting for your money! I doubt if there was anything nefarious about it, otherwise they'd have gone somewhere a lot less public.

This article references the car fire.

The couple are believed to have purchased the vehicle in cash days before it went on fire, which was likely the fault of a mechnical failure rather than started deliberately, The Independent understands.
I think this article confuses some things even more for me. They "abandoned" the car and they "fled" the car can be two quite different scenarios, IMO.

The Independent "understands" (written in italics) the fire was mechanical not deliberately started is not sourced.

Three police forces and hundreds of miles of searches have occurred to date, according to the article, seems quite excessive. It just makes me think there has to be more to these events than have been told to the public.

Am I right in understanding that it's the law in the UK that a birth must be reported within 36 hours?

My guess is that it is just one of those things that happens occasionally - probably the engine over-heating or an electrical fault. I think the fire was confined to the engine compartment, but I can't be sure. I haven't seen any details about the car, except that it was purchased a few days earlier for cash. Been there, done that - you really don't know what you are getting for your money! I doubt if there was anything nefarious about it, otherwise they'd have gone somewhere a lot less public.
It concerns me that she gave birth in the car and then it's on fire. For a mid-thirties woman birth can come on quite quickly and sometimes earlier than expected.

I think this article confuses some things even more for me. They "abandoned" the car and they "fled" the car can be two quite different scenarios, IMO.

The Independent "understands" (written in italics) the fire was mechanical not deliberately started is not sourced.

Three police forces and hundreds of miles of searches have occurred to date, according to the article, seems quite excessive. It just makes me think there has to be more to these events than have been told to the public.

Am I right in understanding that it's the law in the UK that a birth must be reported within 36 hours?
I think it's just semantics and wringing out more words for the article for dramatic effect. They "abandoned" the car, meaning they didn't call LE or a tow truck. "Fled" could mean they ran from a burning vehicle because it was on fire.

The "source" could be the towing company who moved the car, or someone else on scene who isn't necessarily LE or had permission to talk about it. Possibly one of the motorists who reported it, saw fire coming from the car and then saw them pull over?

That's not a stretch of the motorway you're going to deliberately set you car on fire, imo.

A google search reveals that births in the UK must be registered within 42 days.

I think there is a lot we aren't being told about this situation, but the media is making it sound like they're wanted criminals instead of missing people, which is what they are at this point.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member