UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 Sep 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The publicity was to suggest that he fell asleep in a bin and was crushed but never found
Unfortunately the publicity plan didn't work because we are not all Morons and believe MSM

The publicity is because a member of the Armed Forces disappeared in mysterious circumstances, and initially there were other theories visited the bin. So LE and the military made a huge hash of the plan to try and get rid of Corrie? What did they actually do with him, instead of staging a simple accident, as Owlpellet suggests?

Bin lorry driver, Martyn Thompson, who tipped a bin in the area at 4.19am, earlier told the inquest in Ipswich that he had checked inside the bin before tipping it, and that nobody was inside it.

He also said he had seen a man in light-coloured trousers and a pink shirt standing in the area and using a mobile phone.

Waste collection driver says he checked and Corrie McKeague was not in bin
Lawyer Dr Anton van Dellen, asking questions on behalf of Mr McKeague's father, Martin McKeague, asked Chief Superintendent Marina Ericson "if it was the police view" that the man seen by Mr Thompson in the service area "was Corrie".

"No," said Ch Supt Ericson, who became senior investigating officer from November 2017.

Dr Van Dellen said that a man, wearing a yellow top, blue hoody and dark trousers, was seen on CCTV using his phone by the service area before walking in, and he suggested this could have been the man whom Mr Thompson saw.
importedImage151587_2

Corrie McKeagueCredit: Suffolk Police
The inquest heard that the man in the blue hoodie was traced by police and spoken to.

Dr Van Dellen said Mr Thompson was informed on September 29 by an operative at the Biffa depot in Bury St Edmunds that police wanted to speak to him.

He said Mr Thompson gave his initial account to the police later that day.

He said that Mr Thompson, in his initial account, described seeing a "smartly-dressed, white male in light coloured clothing with light-coloured trousers, holding a mobile phone, he appeared to be 18 to 20 years old".

He later gave his first witness statement, on October 5 2016.

In it, Mr Thompson described the man as "18 to 22 years old, smartly-dressed" with a "pink, light-coloured shirt which he believed to be long-sleeved", adding that he had "light brown or blonde-coloured hair that was short at the sides but longer at the top", Dr Van Dellen said.

Ch Supt Ericson agreed with the lawyer that this was "more detail, more specific than his first account".

She agreed with him that a possible explanation was that, between his initial statement on September 29 and his first witness statement on October 5, Mr Thompson "has been exposed to newspaper coverage or a media appeal for Corrie with that description and his evidence has become coloured, even if subconsciously".

Ch Supt Ericson agreed with Dr Van Dellen that a second possible explanation was that Mr Thompson "has effectively deliberately described (the man) with that description to place, potentially, Corrie away from the bin and superimpose Corrie's description on (the man)".
Police say they don't believe man bin lorry driver saw was Corrie McKeague | ITV News

How strange! I remember the issue of incorrect weight, we were told that BUT who from back then heard that the bin weight device was returned to factory settings, the day before the police where picking the bin lorry up. I don't remember that bit of info. Why would it be reset, the previous data would be lost, wouldn't it?

Well yes, and the police are cleanly inferring it was a deliberate act. It's been very noticeable from the last few days evidence the comments from the police towards the bin man and the refuse company have been pretty hostile. Whether that's because they feel they have been mislead or possibly because they know their whole theory relies on the bin man's evidence being incorrect we can only guess.

RAF gunner Corrie Mckeague "probably wouldn't have known much about it" if he died while asleep in a bin which was tipped into the back of a waste lorry, an inquest heard.

Dr Nat Cary, consultant forensic pathologist, told Suffolk Coroner's Court in Ipswich that if Mr Mckeague ended up in the back of a bin lorry, the "most obvious" cause of death would be crushing.

He said: "That refuse lorry is designed to crush and compress refuse. If an individual came into the chamber then crushing would be a likely possibility.

"Over and above that, multiple injuries - head injuries, injuries to the limbs." He said it was "hard to think that someone could survive" if they were tipped into the back of a bin lorry.

Airman 'would have been crushed in bin lorry' - BBC News

Two things come immediately to mind:

1. It was said at the time that the lorry driver wouldn’t have switched on the compacting machinery until he was outside of the residential areas. I believe this is standard practice in the middle of the night. How awful, if Corrie awoke when the bin was tipped and couldn’t do anything about it. Have we heard from the bin man how long it was until he started the compacter?

2. If Corrie was compacted, crushed, with injuries to head and limbs, wouldn’t he be bleeding heavily? Yet nothing was found in a search of the wagon, or the landfill. I don’t know if police ran dogs over them, but I suppose the nature of the site could be confusing/inappropriate for dogs.

I’m still on the fence.

@Chris I wish I was as optimistic as you about Corrie being alive. I’d love you to explain properly why you’re so certain he’s just run off.

RAF gunner Corrie Mckeague "probably wouldn't have known much about it" if he died while asleep in a bin which was tipped into the back of a waste lorry, an inquest heard.

Oh, come on! "Died while asleep"? There's no way he wouldn't have woken on being tipped upside down out of a bin. It doesn't bear thinking about.

I still don't understand why the obvious isn't being considered. That he just walked away when out of camera shot.

Cherwell,
If Corrie did walk away from the horse shoe area, how did he not appear on any cctv afterwards?

Well they're certainly massively important in this case. If they're honest and correct then Corrie was never in the bin. You have to admit this business of the weighing mechanism being reset does look very suspect though.

The police evidence so far has been very critical of them. However suggesting the bin crew didn't have time to check the bin seemed to me to be pushing it too far. An awful lot rests on the bin crew as the whole bin theory relies on them being wrong.

One other thing I picked up this week from the inquest was in respect of the phone tracking. The lady speaking said they had phone tracking data which appeared to match the bin route. Now you would only usually use a word like appeared because there is an element of doubt or uncertainty. I found this odd in respect of a matter which should be a straight matter of fact. Either the tracking matches the bin route or it doesn’t. No appeared about it. If I was running the inquest I would have instantly asked for clarification. Only explanation I can come up with is that there is some doubt exactly what route the bin lorry took.

I may well be being overly pedantic and it is a personal bugbear of mine when people use appear or apparently when they are not necessary. My instant reaction is that it must mean there is a degree of doubt. To what degree I have no idea.

Last edited:
For me the bin theory is plausible due to

1. The “mix up” over bin weights.
2. Driver allegedly checked bin and it was empty of anyone.
3. Driver alleging he saw Corri after he had collected the bin.
4. Phone following bin lorry route.
5. Bin lorry being reset before police inspected it.

One other thing I picked up this week from the inquest was in respect of the phone tracking. The lady speaking said they had phone tracking data which appeared to match the bin route. Now you would only usually use a word like appeared because there is an element of doubt or uncertainty. I found this odd in respect of a matter which should be a straight matter of fact. Either the tracking matches the bin route or it doesn’t. No appeared about it. If I was running the inquest I would have instantly asked for clarification. Only explanation I can come up with is that there is some doubt exactly what route the bin lorry took.

I may well be being overly pedantic and it is a personal bugbear of mine when people use appear or apparently when they are not necessary. My instant reaction is that it must mean there is a degree of doubt. To what degree I have no idea.

Im overly pedantic too, but then I think you have to be when it involves possible loss of life.
My feeling/ understanding is the phone tracking only fits with part of the same route, enough for someone to say it appears it followed that route, but not enough to say it followed the route 100%.

Cherwell,
If Corrie did walk away from the horse shoe area, how did he not appear on any cctv afterwards?
As far as I'm aware, there's no camera along Short Brackland that could have picked him up.
There was a camera covering the car park behind the shopping centre, but I don't think it reached as far as the street. Wasn't there some doubt as to whether it was even working?

As far as I'm aware, there's no camera along Short Brackland that could have picked him up.
There was a camera covering the car park behind the shopping centre, but I don't think it reached as far as the street. Wasn't there some doubt as to whether it was even working?
Thank you Cherwell. I wonndered about cctv in the area. Is the cctv camera ever working in the place you need it the most?!

I think the shopping centre had closed down, hence the doubts about the camera. It would in any case have been concentrated on the premises and not the adjacent street.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back