Hello some believe that he was in the
skip with no evidence to show he
was even in it other's don't,
personally I don't believe he ever got
in the skip neither do I believe his
phone would ping a tower from
inside a solid metal structure. Have a
search about and watch some videos.

Well I guess that’s the end of that… officially. I still don’t understand why they didn’t find any sign of him in landfill after such a thorough search though.

RIP Corrie.
Only some of the landfill was searched. There were other areas of it where he possibly could have been found but they were too toxic to be safely searched.

I think a lot of this boils down to Biffa not have proper procedures in place and/or poor record keeping. In my opinion they have caused a lot of heartache as well as a huge amount of expense on this case.

The weight was wrong, or right, or was it?
There was a question mark over who was driving.
The bin was checked, or should’ve been, or wasn’t.
The route, stop offs and final destination are uncertain.
The allocated landfill area was probably not used.

Actually feeling a bit angry….

I think a lot of this boils down to Biffa not have proper procedures in place and/or poor record keeping. In my opinion they have caused a lot of heartache as well as a huge amount of expense on this case.

Me too. It doesn’t seem they’ve considered any other outcomes. Id be interested to hear what Corries mother makes of the verdict. His dad seems to accept it.

Me too. It doesn’t seem they’ve considered any other outcomes. Id be interested to hear what Corries mother makes of the verdict. His dad seems to accept it.

I've seen pictures of her speaking outside afterwards but not any reports of what she said.

Well I guess that’s the end of that… officially. I still don’t understand why they didn’t find any sign of him in landfill after such a thorough search though.

RIP Corrie.
I don’t either, but it does remind me of the search for Lyndsey Quy many years ago- most of her body was located after her partner confessed to the locations- any identifiable body parts went to landfill and despite searching they were sadly never found.

I complexity agree, it is so frustrating and my only conclusion from the inquest is that I would be seeking a lawyer quickly to file a complaint about them and seek some justice- I would be wanting all the staff at Biffa to justify their roles and responsibilities and actually getting some answers- that the police don’t seem to be able to get.

Other outcomes were considered:
"Police have prepared a 30-page document of alternative theories relating to the disappearance of an RAF airman, a pre-inquest review hearing was told.

Peter Taheri, counsel to the inquest, told a hearing in Ipswich that Ch Supt Marina Ericson had prepared a "statement on alternative hypotheses".

The witness statement was put together to show what police had considered, and he was awaiting confirmation that it was "ready for onward disclosure" with those involved in the inquest, he added."

Corrie Mckeague: Alternative theories in missing RAF airman case

I think that's very harsh. Nobody should be getting into waste bins, and it's extremely rare for anyone to do so.
I’m guessing that was aimed at my comment- the only reason I stand by this- is because if I was in his mums shoes I would want more than the wushy washy answers about protocol with the bin company- as it wasn’t gone into at the inquest- but they have been blamed. Ultimately his mum can now try and get more answers specifically from them.

I’m guessing that was aimed at my comment- the only reason I stand by this- is because if I was in his mums shoes I would want more than the wushy washy answers about protocol with the bin company- as it wasn’t gone into at the inquest- but they have been blamed. Ultimately his mum can now try and get more answers specifically from them.
Yes, it was in reply to both your comments. If CM did get into a bin - a stupid, reckless and frankly disgusting thing to do - then he and only he is responsible for the outcome and blaming the waste company is terribly unfair.

And I was interested to note this in the link posted by Miss French:
Nigel Parsley, senior coroner for Suffolk, said that the disciplinary records of bin lorry driver Martyn Thompson would be shared with counsel to consider whether they "show a propensity for diligence or not".

Presumably they couldn't find any mud to sling at the poor chap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back