UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 Sep 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, it was in reply to both your comments. If CM did get into a bin - a stupid, reckless and frankly disgusting thing to do - then he and only he is responsible for the outcome and blaming the waste company is terribly unfair.

And I was interested to note this in the link posted by Miss French:
Nigel Parsley, senior coroner for Suffolk, said that the disciplinary records of bin lorry driver Martyn Thompson would be shared with counsel to consider whether they "show a propensity for diligence or not".

Presumably they couldn't find any mud to sling at the poor chap.
Trust me if there is any accountability and it is an if- but hopefully this ruling will fuel it. It’s not the bin lorries driver that is responsible- it’s far higher up!

I think, while Biffa might not be responsible for a grown man deciding to get in a bin, they have certainly not made the investigation any easier, as alluded to by the police and perhaps by Nicola.

It will be interesting to see if the family takes things further. As a mum I would struggle to consider the case closed, even though I’d be painfully aware my boy wasn’t coming back.

What upsets me most about this case, is that Corrie probably woke up when the bin was tipped. He’d have been disorientated and injured… I don’t need to say more than that.

I hope his parents, brothers, April and his daughter can move on somehow. Thoughts with them all today.

What upsets me most about this case, is that Corrie probably woke up when the bin was tipped. He’d have been disorientated and injured… I don’t need to say more than that. .
I was shocked by Nat Carey's comments. I agree that anyone in the bin would wake up when the bin was tipped, so how could they possibly "know very little about it" when he says they would "be unconscious in minutes".
Minutes! Sheesh. That's an awfully long time in that situation.

I have every sympathy with the McKeague family and their loss, especially since I ended up sleeping in some pretty insane places during my drinking career, and lots of bad things could have happened that didn’t. It also seems like some improvement of procedures at the waste management company would be a good idea.

But if Corrie really did get into a bin and sleep in it, I really don’t see how the waste management company could have foreseen the outcome or be in any way responsible for his death. It is a tragic accident.

RIP Corrie, bad luck, it wasn’t your fault either. I say this because if the bin idea is correct, he just did something silly and paid the price. He shouldn’t have got into the bin but he couldn’t have guessed the outcome, the waste management company should look at how they handled all of this especially after the fact but couldn’t have guessed at the time how it would play out.

Last edited:
Other outcomes were considered:
"Police have prepared a 30-page document of alternative theories relating to the disappearance of an RAF airman, a pre-inquest review hearing was told.

Peter Taheri, counsel to the inquest, told a hearing in Ipswich that Ch Supt Marina Ericson had prepared a "statement on alternative hypotheses".

The witness statement was put together to show what police had considered, and he was awaiting confirmation that it was "ready for onward disclosure" with those involved in the inquest, he added."

Corrie Mckeague: Alternative theories in missing RAF airman case

Ah thank you. I’d love to get a hold of that 30 page document! It seems the bin was the only one discussed in detail during the inquest though. I was hoping to hear others.

Unpopular opinion I know, but for his mum to have done a complete 180 from firmly stating that Corrie was not in the bin to now accepting makes me think there must be strong evidence that hasn't been reported yet. Either that or she has just come to accept it as the only explanation she'll be given and needs to believe it to have closure, but considering her statements and work to keep Corrie's case open and investigated I don't think she's that type of person.

This won't be the end of the case just
because the inquest conclusion has
said that's what happened. This
outcome is because they don't want to
spend anymore money or
resources following up on ignored
leads. The end of the case is when
the public and the family accepts
what they believe happened.

spend anymore money or

The family have accepted the outcome. Why does it need public opinion, when your average person hasn't heard the full extent of what was discussed at the inquest? Which leads do you believe were ignored?

What I find strange about the inquest is, how can a jury decide what has happened when there are no remains and no evidence? I thought it would have been left as an 'open'verdict, especially since no one actually knows what happened to Mr McKeague. I know that people will have different opinions. I feel most sorry for Mr McKeague and in particular his daughter who will never know him. It's all a very sad situation and I can only offer my thoughts to Corrie McKeague's family, friends and colleagues. I respect that the family feel the matter is closed, so I will probably not post again on Mr McKeague's inquest or on the circumstances.

spend anymore money or

"I personally disagree with the inquest, therefore the case isn't closed"

The uncle who was a special something or other (forget what now) proved at the time with a lot of research, that it was possible Corrie was missed by the cameras and he got out of the area.

What I find strange about the inquest is, how can a jury decide what has happened when there are no remains and no evidence? I thought it would have been left as an 'open'verdict, especially since no one actually knows what happened to Mr McKeague. I know that people will have different opinions. I feel most sorry for Mr McKeague and in particular his daughter who will never know him. It's all a very sad situation and I can only offer my thoughts to Corrie McKeague's family, friends and colleagues. I respect that the family feel the matter is closed, so I will probably not post again on Mr McKeague's inquest or on the circumstances.

This is where Section 1(4) of the 2009 Act comes in and coroner has 'reason to believe'. It has been given in evidence from witnesses of friends etc, who said Corrie did sleep in bins after a night out. This isn't at all strange and quite a common thing, especially in younger men. Agreed though, it is a sad situation for his family and thoughts are with them.

The uncle who was a special something or other (forget what now) proved at the time with a lot of research, that it was possible Corrie was missed by the cameras and he got out of the area.

Tony Wringe. Can't remember his current job, think he's got some company with what appear to be ex-military colleagues.

He is ex-British Army and described as an "intelligence operative"; sounds fancy, but it's the job title for being a soldier, as opposed to a commissioned officer.

It's terribly sad going through the inquest day by day as I guess that's it, unless the family take it further.
My thoughts from the beginning were that he went awol. I'll leave it at that.

I'm another local and didn't see some of the info in the local papers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back