UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he had just had a nice 2 hour sleep would he bother going to sleep again? Was he actually heading back to his car - I wish they would say where he parked it. The bin area actually looks like the only place within a few steps that doesn't have CCTV coverage (using google streetview from last year) - A few steps in any direction apart from Short Brackland will have you seen on CCTV, so he must have left via Short Brackland on foot or vehicle.

So many questions - if only we could get Uncle Tony on board here.

I initially thought the bin lorry was a red herring, but with the information that's come out since then it could be the key, and we just don't know where the door is that it opens.

So to continue from my last post. Corrie's in the military, he might think of directions differently than most of us do. He might have a compass app in that phone of his, or he might carry one as standard. If we look at the Barton Mills roundabout we'd need to head almost exactly due east to reach Honington, but it would be over fields. It's a silly, crazy idea, but if he's already had a mystery tour on a bin lorry and this is the way his mind works.. we start off heading through trees, then we reach the River Lark which dissects the route, and I don't know if someone could slip into it in the dark but if they could...

ETA the google map link for the roundabout and river due east. If you zoom out you can follow due east and clearly see Honington on that line

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3380618,0.5382981,472m/data=!3m1!1e3

10 miles as the crow flies. I would stick to the roads from that point though as its all hard terrain, wooded or lots of water, and he hasn't been seen. You would think someone would have seen him.

http://tinyurl.com/hvr9wat

That is a cracking point made by GuruAgain.
If you've already had "one rough sleep", would you really be desperate for another.

On the CCTV. The cameras wouldn't show any cars or people in that area, because we are told there aren't any there.
The only place (in that area) that is covered by a camera, is the one he is seen on. And from that, the conclusion is "He did not leave in the direction he entered".

So that leaves TWO possible exit routes (which lead to "other exit routes").
1. Down the side of The Cornhill Walk Shopping Centre (Short Brackland).
2. Or past the front of The Cornhill Walk Shopping Centre. (pedestrian zone)

Given GuruAgain's comment, I agree, it is unlikely he was looking for a bin to sleep in.

Agreed, but it's simple and would explain why he wasn't seen on any of the roads and why there's no trace of him in any of the places he 'should' have been seen or found. I think this scenario has to end at that river. But it's just one scenario, and this is all so open and with few clues and lots of what seem to be red herrings and dead ends that it's not the only scenario to be explored, but it made me feel I'd run that scenario through to a hard conclusion where things could have ended badly and which fits with most of the clues and the independent-minded, fit young man that we're talking about with military training and a military head on him.

I would like to see the sniffer dogs go down to that stretch of the river just to rule out that option if nothing else. It just seems like almost everything is being ruled out.

10 miles as the crow flies. I would stick to the roads from that point though as its all hard terrain, wooded or lots of water, and he hasn't been seen. You would think someone would have seen him.

http://tinyurl.com/hvr9wat

New cctv in my post above

Finally. Now that is both not grainy footage at all and shows the area well lit or the CCTV works well in the dark. It definitely looks like Corrie takes a quick look back toward the Grapes and then goes for a pee.

Now i want to see lots more footage from that camera with the bin lorry. It has to be the key.

That is a cracking point made by GuruAgain.
If you've already had "one rough sleep", would you really be desperate for another.

On the CCTV. The cameras wouldn't show any cars or people in that area, because we are told there aren't any there.
The only place (in that area) that is covered by a camera, is the one he is seen on. And from that, the conclusion is "He did not leave in the direction he entered".

So that leaves TWO possible exit routes (which lead to "other exit routes").
1. Down the side of The Cornhill Walk Shopping Centre (Short Brackland).
2. Or past the front of The Cornhill Walk Shopping Centre. (pedestrian zone)

Given GuruAgain's comment, I agree, it is unlikely he was looking for a bin to sleep in.

There are a couple of cameras on the front of Cornhill shopping centre and the older building opposite (opposite Mcdonalds). If they were working? Also there is what looks like a camera on the greenwoods building that would possibly cover the back of greggs but I suppose it depends if it was facing the right way. I also notice a lot of bike racks alongside Greggs and some behind. Maybe he found a bike!

Edit - now not sure if CCTV, lights or plugs for christmas lights? grey thing on wall! https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1so-OEKwSO8zsQNVNEQz8uVg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Finally. Now that is both not grainy footage at all and shows the area well lit or the CCTV works well in the dark. It definitely looks like Corrie takes a quick look back toward the Grapes and then goes for a pee.

Now i want to see lots more footage from that camera with the bin lorry. It has to be the key.

Yet another frustration, is this truely the final CCTV that has been said to be grainy? If so why say it's grainy when it clearly isn't at all or is there yet more from a later time?

The police release say it was at 3.25am, I know it's only 1 minute but to date we've been told 3.24am as the last sighting. In fact if you click back through the police releases they said on 17/10 "at this stage there is no information that gives any confirmed sighing of Corrie beyond 3.20am on Saturday 24 September." Have they really just found this footage in the last 3 days. I really don't like to criticise the police as they do a fantastic job but why the misinformation in this case?

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

The latest CCTV, which I think is the one above Greenwoods, covers all possible exits in one that would clearly show any vehicles or people including Corrie coming or going from the bins behind Greggs.

@Suzyjackson

The only thing I can think of is that there is another person(s) or vehicle(s) besides the bin lorry that was seen but the Police have not been able to trace it/them yet and they are trying their best not to spook them?

If genuinely absolutely nothing was seen besides the bin lorry at 04:00 then the lorry has to be the key. Simple logic, right?

So THEY DO HAVE footage of the top of Short Brackland (looking from Greggs and Greenwoods. Trouble is, it makes the whole thing even more odd.

He looks "in need" when he gets into the top of that "street", that's for sure.

So he turns and heads for those bins....
....and there is nothing of him after that OR of anyone else, until the bin lorry arrives.

That camera can see (pretty much) all the way down the front of The Cornhill Shopping Centre. That would see him or anyone else that moved "normally" in that direction.

Would like to see the bin lorry arriving.

So did he not come out of there? Nothing else to show until the bin lorry turned up? Still looks pretty drunk. Anyone know if the Police gave this area a good going over?

So did he not come out of there? Nothing else to show until the bin lorry turned up?

Yes. This from the press release of this latest CCTV footage direct from Suffolk Police:

The footage shows Corrie in Brentgovel Street in Bury St Edmunds at 3.25am on Saturday 24 September and is the last confirmed sighting of him.

Has anyone made a map by any chance of Corries suspected trip from Pizza Mama Mia, past The Grapes, his stop/sleep at the doorway (old Mothercare) and then on to the back of Greggs is it?

Apparently the Police have been around the area, on rooftops etc.
So he sends a picture message at 3.08 and this CCTV is 03.24 and is what 1 minute away from Hughes doorway. Do the police know what time he left that doorway?

Has anyone made a map by any chance of Corries suspected trip from Pizza Mama Mia, past The Grapes, his stop/sleep at the doorway (old Mothercare) and then on to the back of Greggs is it?

It is a really short distance:

f0dc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members