UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so excited to see 60 new posts since last night, I thought something must have broken on the case but no, just more misinformation. It's almost as if they don't want the public to help with this

Looking at the facebook page I can see why!

Looking at the facebook page I can see why!

I'm trying to keep up with the facebook group too but there's only so many times I can read a post asking if the police have checked phone records, if there's anymore CCTV or someone being sure Corrie must have been in the bin lorry.

I do realise that people are trying to be helpful but it would be much easier to follow if commenters actually read other posts before chipping in.

Latest UPDATE FROM UNCLE POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO >>>

Tony Wringe
4 mins
Tue 25th Update: [+32 days]
In the early hours of Sat 24th September, Corrie McKeague, a serving British Serviceman, son, brother and friend disappeared from Bury Town centre; in the middle of a cctv network and surrounded by people going home from a night out or going about their business of cleaning, delivering or setting up the Saturday morning market stalls.
This happened 20 miles south and only 2 weeks after an attempted abduction of another British Serviceman.
Apparently nobody saw anything. Somebody did. Did you?
#someoneknowssomething #findcorrie
IF YOU WERE IN BURY TOWN CENTRE ON FRI 23rd / SAT 24th SEPTEMBER AND HAVE NOT YET INFORMED THE POLICE - PLEASE DO IT NOW. RIGHT NOW. STOP READING THIS AND CALL 101 OR THE INCIDENT ROOM. If you are under 18 and should not have been out in that area at the time, please get in touch, your information can be treated anonymously - you will not be in trouble.
There are over 15,000 more members of the Group since my last update. I have run out of superlatives - I will simply say Thank you - you have no idea how much strength your being here gives Nicola and the family.
This update will cover the points from my last update (Sun 16th) and introduce any new items:
Thank You’s:
To Delia Smith and Norwich Football club for inviting Nicola and the boys to come along last weekend and spread the word. But more importantly, to the amazing people from this page and Bury, who went down there to hand out flyers and speak to people - taking the message off Facebook and in to the real world has so much more impact.
Continued thanks to Cheryl and team at the Bull, and to all those who have taken it upon themselves to print the posters and flyers and either hand them out or display them in windows and vehicles - all this at your own expense or with the support of local printers. Your generosity is very humbling.
To SULSAR - the volunteer search team have been searching tirelessly for a month now, they deserve our support so I would implore you to please consider making any donation you can afford to this dedicated group of local people. Please look for Lizzie Best’s post for details on how to donate.
To everyone who has taken the time to add posts, comments and sent messages of support, supposition or suggestion - we are truly grateful. I think between us we have managed to read every single one, but only been able to respond to a fraction of them. Please do continue this, some have lead to active Police leads and inquiries. We will try and make this easier for you with a static timeline and ‘facts’ post so that everyone can start their supposition from the same place and without having to ask the same questions about times and events - we’re working on getting that posted now.
Out of over 35,000 people we have only had a handful of morons attempt to ‘contribute’, which in itself is reaffirming of how decent the average person in this country really is - perhaps our Politicians could learn a lesson from this selfless generosity and altruism!
Facebook Changes:
We had a go at changing some of the elements of the Group, but it hasn’t really improved things much. The problem is that the site was set up as a ‘Group’ not a ‘Page’. If we change it, we lose everyone who is a member, then have to get everyone to follow the new Page. However, we are now getting expert advice from friends at Moonshot [moonshotcve.com], so hope to turn things round one way or another quickly.
There is also a web page being created that will help share information more effectively - again, we are hoping to be able to share the details of that with you all in the next few days.
UPDATE:
The Phone:
Corrie’s black Nokia Lumia phone is still outstanding. It is possible that it made its way to the rubbish tip in the Dustbin Lorry - we don’t know. The Police have chosen not to continue the search of the refuse sites. If it went there it may have been destroyed, but will not now be found there.
However, it is possible that it made the journey to Barton Mills in another vehicle, so we are still appealing for people to be on the look out for it, not just there, but further afield too.
The White Van:
The van was forensically recovered and discounted.
The Silver Car:
If you own a car (ANY CAR, ANY COLOUR) and it was parked in Bury town centre area, especially around the Brentgrovel St area on the Friday night, Saturday morning 23/24 Sep - please call the Police now…right now. No further update on the Silver Car.
The Search:
We will post a map showing where the search teams have conducted the aerial and ground searches shortly so that you can see for yourselves the perimeter being worked and the progress made. Please understand that detailed topographical analysis, witness interviews and behavioural psychology are used to determine the search areas and priorities.
The Search continues. Additional military resources have been introduced in the past few days. It is expected the search activity will ramp up, not down as time passes. Additional military resources as well as full public searches may be called for at the appropriate time, as happened with Holly & Jessica from nearby Soham.
The Black T-Shirt:
The person in the black 'death' t-shirt has been identified and has already spoken with the Police.
Beautiful Dangerous @ The Grapes:
If you were in the Grapes where the Beautiful Dangerous band were playing - please contact the Police now…right now.
RIGHT NOW. Don’t wait. Please pick up the phone now. Dial 101. It really matters.
CCTV:
No Change - The Police continue to analyse the CCTV they have (but please feel free to continue to review it yourself, sometimes the most innocuous comment can spark an idea or challenge an assumption). Most importantly, if you have ANY cctv from the Bury, Barton Mills or general area, please contact the Police incident room and let them know. It all helps build a picture - even if the video shows nothing to you. House, car, go-pro on a bike helmet - anything.
To clarify a common question - yes, the Bin lorry had front and rear cameras, but they are not connected to a recording device, they are there to help manoeuvre the vehicle only as it is single-crewed.
The Media: - we need everyone’s help with this one please…
As you’ve all seen, the National Media attention has increased in the past week, but it will fade quickly. Could everyone, all nearly 40,000 of you please help with this one - this is the next best thing to going out searching you can do for us:
If everyone, every day - perhaps every time you check the page for updates go to the Sky, BBC, ITV news sites and search for their most recent interview with one of the family or video clip of Corrie and click on the article. That’s all you have to do - share it again if you like. Every click puts the story back up the daily ratings chart - if it gets enough clicks, it stays on the main page.
Events:
We will be putting up another Poster drop event on the page - please respond if you can assist when it is posted.
Finally,
A personal observation from me. As most will now know, I have a counter terrorism background. My observation is that the attempted abduction only 20 miles away in Marham 2 weeks prior to Corrie’s disappearance was ASSUMED to be a terrorist group. No evidence has been shared to validate that assumption.
Why do I make this observation? It is not necessarily to try and link the two events, it is more to ask you to challenge your own assumptions and thinking. If you were out in the Bury area that weekend, did you notice any person or any group of people that seemed out of place? Maybe they were in a car, or standing outside together, observing people as a group? Was anybody else here followed or approached and spoken to by strangers or a group of individuals that were over friendly or threatening?
Corrie has been missing for 32 days. He made no preparation to disappear. There was no sudden or significant event in his life that would have made him make a sudden, snap decision to disappear. To walk out of the area he was last seen on cctv without being picked up by a single other camera or person walking or driving by would be very difficult. I’ve walked the routes, timed the camera rotations and assessed their arcs, I’m not sure I could exit that area without being seen if I was trying - and I’m a trained expert.
It seems more likely he exited that area in a vehicle. If you gave Corrie a lift somewhere, please get in touch now - help us to direct our search effort.
Moonshot CVE – Countering Violent Extremism
moonshotcve.com
MOONSHOTCVE.COM

To clarify a common question - yes, the Bin lorry had front and rear cameras, but they are not connected to a recording device, they are there to help manoeuvre the vehicle only as it is single-crewed

Would there be enough room in the cab of this lorry for a person to sneak in and not be seen? I have never been in the cab of a bin lorry but wondered if there is any space behind the seats?

Edited to add. looking at various bin wagon pictures online (whilst not know the type used by the firm here) yes there is but they would have checked the cab when they did forensics (I would hope) and no trace.

Interesting comment from Corrie's mum on Facebook:

"Corrie has never EVER walked back to the base. I have just said it would be easy for him to do as he is so fit. Not once in 3 years has he ever walked tho."

I had got the impression (for some reason) that it was normal for him to walk home after a night out, which made me assume he knew shortcuts etc. and where would be safe to walk. Perhaps not though..
I categorically remember reading a quote from mum that whilst it wasn't normal practice, Corrie had walked back to Base on ocassions

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I categorically remember reading a quote from mum that whilst it wasn't normal practice, Corrie had walked back to Base on ocassions

Yup and in the press conference above ^^^^^ says he didn't a lot but he had done so in the past!

Yup and in the press conference above ^^^^^ says he didn't a lot but he had done so in the past!

I quite clearly remember her saying it was a normal thing for him to do...leave early, sleep in a doorway and walk home.

Also in the uncles update he's making a big thing about he never got seen leaving the loading area and must've been in a vehicle...I thought it had been proved it was on a sweep and there was adequate time for him to of walked away while the camera was pointing elsewhere????

Weird!

I quite clearly remember her saying it was a normal thing for him to do...leave early, sleep in a doorway and walk home.

Also in the uncles update he's making a big thing about he never got seen leaving the loading area and must've been in a vehicle...I thought it had been proved it was on a sweep and there was adequate time for him to of walked away while the camera was pointing elsewhere????

Weird!

Any other vehicle that entered the loading area after Corrie arrived and before the bin lorry arrived would surely have been picked up on CCTV and therefore known to the police. Yet they have not appealed for owners of any vehicle to come forward, or any witnesses who have seen any such vehicles to come forward. To me this implies that they're confident that no other vehicles were in the loading area during that time, yet Corrie's uncle is now implying there must have been as he couldn't have left on foot - unless by 'that area', he means the general Short Brackland area rather than the loading bay specifically.

Would there be enough room in the cab of this lorry for a person to sneak in and not be seen? I have never been in the cab of a bin lorry but wondered if there is any space behind the seats?

Edited to add. looking at various bin wagon pictures online (whilst not know the type used by the firm here) yes there is but they would have checked the cab when they did forensics (I would hope) and no trace.

Theyve already said that the bin lorry has been forensically tested and is now eliminated, im sure they've checked inside as well. They've also said they could see the lorry arriving and leaving on cctv and there was no sign of corrie.

Someone on the FB group commented "... doesnt mean his phone was ON the bin lorry. But it very likely (based on the other factors) could have been..."

To which Corrie's mum has replied:

"It's not very likely. It could just have easily been in another vehicle that travelled the same way."

So the bin lorry might be another red herring??

I am so confused.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Any other vehicle that entered the loading area after Corrie arrived and before the bin lorry arrived would surely have been picked up on CCTV and therefore known to the police. Yet they have not appealed for owners of any vehicle to come forward, or any witnesses who have seen any such vehicles to come forward. To me this implies that they're confident that no other vehicles were in the loading area during that time, yet Corrie's uncle is now implying there must have been as he couldn't have left on foot - unless by 'that area', he means the general Short Brackland area rather than the loading bay specifically.
BBM
That's what I took it to mean. He says 'area', not 'loading bay' or 'alley'. I think he was implying that if he decided to walk home or left the immediate area on foot there would be further record of him on CCTV or by witnesses. Logical extensions of that line of thinking are:
A) He is still in the area
B) He left the area at a much later time than the CCTV timeframe being scrutinized
D) He left the area but was transported by a vehicle and therefore does not appear on CCTV

To me option C seems most likely.

BBM
That's what I took it to mean. He says 'area', not 'loading bay' or 'alley'. I think he was implying that if he decided to walk home or left the immediate area on foot there would be further record of him on CCTV or by witnesses. Further logical extensions of that line of thinking are:
B) He left the area at a much later time than the CCTV timeframe being scrutinized
D) He left the area but was transported by a vehicle and therefore does not appear on CCTV

I agree. I suspect he left the bin area shortly after he arrived (probably having taken a pee) when the camera was pointing in the opposite direction. Then shortly after that he entered a vehicle, either willingly (possibly duped by promise of a lift home) or unwillingly.

BBM
That's what I took it to mean. He says 'area', not 'loading bay' or 'alley'. I think he was implying that if he decided to walk home or left the immediate area on foot there would be further record of him on CCTV or by witnesses. Logical extensions of that line of thinking are:

You haven't listed an option C :)

A thought about the CCTV camera and it being on a sweep.

I believe this CCTV camera above Greenwoods is one of the Bury council operated ones and I wonder if the pre-programmed sweep was overridden by the operator to follow Corrie? In the first CCTV footage it seems like the camera is following Corrie as he crosses the road and goes down toward Hughes.

From accounts Corrie was being boisterous in the takeaway and might explain why the cameras were tracking him? Maybe the camera remained looking at that angle for longer waiting for Corrie to reappear but didn't?

Just trying to make sense of all this....

Interesting that family are now saying the phone may have reached the tip and been destroyed by now..I hadn't read anything about the tip being searched but someone up top has mentioned family have said on fb that police have stopped searching the tip. Now we are being told by family phone may not have been on bin wagon at all.

Seriously I think family need to stop commenting on fb. As much as they mean well I'm sure, they are just confusing things, contradicting what police and they themselves have said and quite frankly making things a whole lot more difficult for people to help out

I'm sure I read somewhere that the bins were locked and would have been impossible to get into.

Yeah they have locks but not exactly security ones, we have similar bins where I work they can be opened with a utility key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123