Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How very strange....

Trying to get my head round this, and the reasoning behind why we would firstly be told he occasionally walked back to base to he has NEVER EVER walked back to base! In truth, how would anyone know for sure if he had ever walked back to base or if he hadn't, without doing the walk with him, no-one really knows for sure! Could it perhaps be that after a night out in his home town he would regularly walk home and this has been confused. Huge difference tho, Dunfermline is a small town in coastal Fife just outside Edinburgh and the clubs / pubs are near every housing estate in Dunfermline wouldn't be a mission walk through rural woodland. But again what would that have to do with him walking back to base which is miles and miles. Gave us the impression he knew the area well as walked it after a night out before now I have no idea what to believe as truth or not. It's so surreal, next we will hear 'there was NEVER a bin lorry & Corrie NEVER had his phone on him that night.... Hmmmmm! Sorry for the sarcasm but really mis-information must really have a detrimental effect on finding him!

How very strange....

Trying to get my head round this, and the reasoning behind why we would firstly be told he occasionally walked back to base to he has NEVER EVER walked back to base! Seen as he's from Dunfermline could it be that after a night out in his home town he would regularly walk home and this has been confused. But then what would that have to do with him walking back to base which is miles and miles from the town centre. Hmmmmm

"He wasn't in the habit of doing it, but yes he had done it" said his mum in that video above.

I'm pretty annoyed actually. That and the "he was seen going in but never coming back out" (paraphrased) which also turned out to be a red herring. How are we supposed to believe what we're fed when there are already at least two significant inconsistencies that we know about.

Taking a break and hoping when I come back later this will all have been cleared up...

*stomps off in a huff*

"He wasn't in the habit of doing it, but yes he had done it" said his mum in that video above.

I'm pretty annoyed actually. That and the "he was seen going in but never coming back out" (paraphrased) which also turned out to be a red herring. How are we supposed to believe what we're fed when there are already at least two significant inconsistencies that we know about.

Taking a break and hoping when I come back later this will all have been cleared up...

*stomps off in a huff*

Also annoyed tbh, grrrr! It's like duping the public, if they want to give half stories and even false stories maybe they shouldn't bother giving any information atall because what are we to know what is truth or half truths or indeed absolute fiction!

Wasn't it reported that "Corrie told friends he was going to walk back" ???

Spot light on his friends methinks

Did the phone go off at 4.30am or 8.00am

Did he sometimes walk home or never walk home

Is that the last cctv sighting of him or are there other cctv sightings

The questions are endless !

So...how did he tell that "one person" ?

By text ? He didn't send any.
As he was being chucked out of the club ?

All a bit bizarre to me

We're getting info from 2 different sources - the police and Corrie's Mum - 2 very different sources - 1 doing their job - 1 desperate to find her baby ... don't be mad about it, Nicolas words are coming from a desperation that hopefully none of us will ever experience.

Yes have to agree with you,, im pulling my hair out over all this confusion 'CoverMeCagney' even here mum says he 'has' walked back (7:25 into video)

[video=youtube;ouZCCnULs34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZCCnULs34[/video]

Nicolas words here.

I was wondering how much we can trust the location of the last ping. Frequently when using "find my phone" etc my daughter's phone appears to be in the middle of a lake several blocks away (...which kind of panicked me the first time it happened).

My personal theory here (and sorry as it's kind of grim) is that maybe the police are investigating the wrong bin or the wrong truck. I think it's either an accidental death (lad takes 2nd nap in bin) or something more sinister (lad draws attention of ****s and gets beaten and left in bin). The phone possible survived for a while and then the battery died or eventually succumbed to moisture/crushing.

Sharing other people's frustrations at the varying details...

There's something about his behaviour in that last CCTV clip near the bins that seems to me like he could be a bit down in the dumps (no pun intended). I can't quite put my finger on it though.

As he was being chucked out of the club ?

Was he definitely chucked out, or did he just leave early? I've seen it mentioned that he was chucked out but haven't been able to find the original source of the info.

I was wondering how much we can trust the location of the last ping. Frequently when using "find my phone" etc my daughter's phone appears to be in the middle of a lake several blocks away (...which kind of panicked me the first time it happened).

My personal theory here (and sorry as it's kind of grim) is that maybe the police are investigating the wrong bin or the wrong truck. I think it's either an accidental death (lad takes 2nd nap in bin) or something more sinister (lad draws attention of ****s and gets beaten and left in bin). The phone possible survived for a while and then the battery died or eventually succumbed to moisture/crushing.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the bins were locked and would have been impossible to get into.

Also annoyed tbh, grrrr! It's like duping the public, if they want to give half stories and even false stories maybe they shouldn't bother giving any information atall because what are we to know what is truth or half truths or indeed absolute fiction!

Most unsporting.

Agatha Christie would never do this to her readers.

Don't know if this has been said yet already but apparently, the black T-shirt guy from the takeaway has come forward this morning and is talking to police.

Many years ago I did the stupidest thing I’ve ever done. I was 22, back in my home town for a while after leaving university, and had been out clubbing. I only had £4 left on me and the taxis back to my parents’ house usually cost £8-9, so I decided to walk, which takes around two hours. Not far outside the centre of town a car pulled up near me and the guy inside told me he was running an ‘unofficial taxi service’ to earn extra money as his girlfriend was pregnant and they needed the money. He offered to take me home for £4. I was sceptical at first but I was drunk and tired and after a while he convinced me he was genuine, so I accepted the offer.

A few minutes into the journey the guy took a sharp right turn away from the direction of my parents’ village and towards an industrial estate. I protested but he ignored me and proceeded to drive into an isolated spot in the industrial estate and sexually proposition me. Fortunately I managed to get out of the car very quickly and run back towards the main road, after which he drove off in the other direction. I don’t think he wanted to harm me – he didn’t threaten me – but it was pretty scary nonetheless.

I’ve thought a lot about this incident over the past few weeks as I’ve been following this case. If Corrie was as tired and drunk as he appears in the CCTV footage, the offer of a cheap lift back to base may have been too tempting to resist. I think his mother said in one of her press conferences that it would have been ‘in character’ for him to accept a lift from a stranger. Once you do that you’re in a vulnerable spot, no matter how physically capable you might otherwise be.

Don't know if this has been said yet already but apparently, the black T-shirt guy from the takeaway has come forward this morning and is talking to police.

...although, it may quite depend on "who said it", if you get my drift !

I'm sure I read somewhere that the bins were locked and would have been impossible to get into.

Those types of bins have a locking mechanism, to make it harder for vermin to get in and to stop them blowing open in the wind. They aren't usually actually locked, as the waste collectors would then need a key for each one which would make their job incredibly time consuming.

His posts have been removed from the Facebook group now, but he started by saying "I'm the one in that video" which I thought seemed a bit strange seeing as that video (if there is one? of Corrie leaving the takeaway?) hasn't been publicly released.

Have to wonder why, in the released description of the guy they were looking to trace (height, skin colour, distinctive t-shirt etc.), nobody thought to mention that he had an American accent...

Hope it really is the guy they are looking for - am watching out for official confirmation.

I was so excited to see 60 new posts since last night, I thought something must have broken on the case but no, just more misinformation. It's almost as if they don't want the public to help with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member