Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JamesKing How do you know that Corrie was taking drugs etc

I never said "I know" !

I listed "good reasons for getting booted out of clubs/bars".

I have seen bouncers "eject" people (male and female) for taking drugs in a club or club toilets.
It IS a problem clubs face these days.

Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue has just confirmed, as expected, that Corrie's body is not on any of the routes from Bury to Honington. They say it is now a 'rest of the world situation'.

Does this, I wonder, mean the road routes or all routes, including those across the fields?

Although there are no bodies of water on any of his likely routes home, there some that are off it and which a number of posters early in this thread thought presented a possible danger. I'm still not convinced they do, but for the sake of thoroughness they should now be searched/dragged for absolutely certainty.

It's more unclear now that it was a few days ago, due to various contradictory claims, whether Corrie either did regularly or never did walk back to base from BSE after nights on the booze. If it truly was a rare thing for him to do it's much less likely that he would cut across country to do so. Trying to find your way through unfamiliar fields and woods, especially trying to find gates and stiles, in the dark would make that an unattractive prospect. Nevertheless, if that broad route has not been searched so far it should be.

I guess it doesn't matter what he went into the alley to do but I was wondering if, after a skinful of alcohol and having had a sleep he might have woken up needing to puke... I think if he could get a lift back he would have. If he woke up cold and worse for wear I think it's unlikely he'd set off on a 9 mile walk.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue has just confirmed, as expected, that Corrie's body is not on any of the routes from Bury to Honington. They say it is now a 'rest of the world situation'.

I suppose it all comes down to whether or not you take the lack of forensic evidence from the bin lorry at face value. If you believe that the bin lorry drivers didn't see Corrie or his phone in Short Brackland, and accept the police evidence that there was no evidence of Corrie or his phone ever being in the lorry, then the only conclusion is that he must have left the loading area shortly after he left and very likely entered into another vehicle. This vehicle must then have travelled the same route as the bin lorry at around the same time, which seems odd as the bin lorry didn't arrive until Short Brackland until around 30mins after Corrie did. It would be an incredible coincidence if the 2nd vehicle happened to travel the same route at the same time as the bin lorry.

It seems more likely that Corrie's phone was in the bin lorry when it made that journey. The question is: was Corrie with it? If so, why would the lorry drivers and recycling plant staff conspire to hide the fact? If Corrie was in a bin or was accidentally crushed while sleeping close to the bins, it wouldn't be their fault, would it? Unless of course there was some major breach of procedure relating to the collection in Short Brackland that led to Corrie's death and has frightened the drivers into going to elaborate lengths to conceal what happened.
So the route home seems to be ruled out. The landfill and the bin lorry seem to be ruled out (maybe not for phone) and he's not seen leaving BSE on foot. The walk across country is unlikely (assuming he gets out without being seen) but may not have been completely checked (does anyone know?). Police have stated that he's not still in BSE. To me it now looks distinctly possible that a third party must have been involved.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I can't say definitively but they've taken search dogs out, so even if Corrie had cut across fields shouldn't they have found a trace?

Thinking about the fields, it's just after harvest time and if it's a sugar beet factory area that makes me think there might be a lot of fields growing beet? If it's not high wheat or corn fields and the fields have recently been harvested that seems harder for aerial searches to miss anything in the fields, and the dog and man teams have apparently gone through all the trees and hedgerows and any ditches near the sides of roads that surround fields.

I read that they have been checking things like the river, presumably estimating where Corrie might have gone in and then getting info from expert sources as to where a body might wind up after this amount of time and then spot checking those areas?

I feel for the family and police. Where do the police go from here?

So the route home seems to be ruled out. The landfill and the bin lorry seem to be ruled out (maybe not for phone) and he's not seen leaving BSE on foot. The walk across country is unlikely (assuming he gets out without being seen) but may not have been completely checked (does anyone know?). Police have stated that he's not still in BSE. To me it now looks distinctly possible that a third party must have been involved.

Interview with Corrie's mum on BBC Suffolk. Perhaps this is the latest working theory:

"If somebody's tried to help Corrie, if they've given him a lift...... taken him to wrong place and dropped him off and now they feel guilty"

https://www.facebook.com/bbcsuffolk/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/307450186284715/

I think we've covered this scenario before, did he get a lift back to RAF Honington but was accidentally taken nearer RAF Mildenhall, hence the searching around that Five Ways roundabout in the early days?

To accommodate all the new people coming to Websleuths because of the docuseries we are moving to a much bigger and faster server.

This is just a reminder that the Websleuths forum will be down starting Wednesday (tomorrow) at 6 PM Eastern. We hope to be back up by Thursday morning.

Members can check for updates on Twitter and Facebook.

Interview with Corrie's mum on BBC Suffolk. Perhaps this is the latest working theory:

"If somebody's tried to help Corrie, if they've given him a lift...... taken him to wrong place and dropped him off and now they feel guilty"

I think we've covered this scenario before, did he get a lift back to RAF Honington but was accidentally taken nearer RAF Mildenhall, hence the searching around that Five Ways roundabout in the early days?
I can see how easily that could happen.

Re sugar beet yes it's all coming in about now. Corn is still growing but round here we are mainly about corn, tons of beet and things like leeks and broccoli. Pumpkins and squashes etc. Not wheat so much.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thought this quote from the uncle was interesting and answered a question I had: "I’ve walked the routes, timed the camera rotations and assessed their arcs, I’m not sure I could exit that area without being seen if I was trying - and I’m a trained expert.

"It seems more likely he exited that area in a vehicle."

As for a friendly lift to the wrong place, I would have expected that person to have come forward, and early.

Quoting myself..... OR... was he fully intending to go to RAF Mildenhall (see American friend theory) and got dropped near that roundabout planning to walk to the base. Pretty sure it was reported he might have been in Mildenhall in the early hours of Sat morning, though I'm not sure if that was just based on phone pings.

Quoting myself..... OR... was he fully intending to go to RAF Mildenhall (see American friend theory) and got dropped near that roundabout planning to walk to the base. Pretty sure it was reported he might have been in Mildenhall in the early hours of Sat morning, though I'm not sure if that was just based on phone pings.
But how does he get out of "that area" (as mentioned by uncle) without being seen? Any friendly lift would have to start there if he's not seen leaving on foot.

But how does he get out of "that area" (as mentioned by uncle) without being seen? Any friendly lift would have to start there if he's not seen leaving on foot.

If that camera did a full 360 sweep is it really impossible for him to have walked a few metres up Short Brackland while it was facing the other way?

I don't know if I imagined it or not but I seem to remember during the looking into of the bin lorry I thought I'd read something along the lines of it 'triggering' a traffic camera? Does anyone remember that?

The reason I ask is that I don't think cameras, traffic or otherwise, get triggered but major routes do have ANPR cameras that can be described as being triggered so if I remember this correctly then all vehicles from the time frame could in theory be traced by their registration plate.

Saying that, given the elapsed time, I would have thought this would have been looked into by now. Just can't believe there are no leads....

The thing is that to get on a base you need a base pass. I don't know the details of getting one, but no one can just walk into a base to visit a friend without taking this into consideration.

The American guy from Mildenhall has now come forward and spoken to police. If I'm interpreting everything correctly, that guy was the one in the pizza place that night who chatted with Corrie, but I think the main thing the police wanted to know about that encounter was more insight into Corrie's state of mind and if he'd mentioned anything about how he was going to get back to base?

I'm not personally ruling out a Mildenhall connection. The phone pings were said to be in the Barton Mills/Mildenhall area in general, and the police haven't been more specific than that about the pings. For me, that entire region has to be elevated as an area of concern now that the searching between BSE and base seems to have come up empty.

I just looked up the details for getting visitor access to a RAF base and if you were service personnel from a fellow base and had a friend who was expecting you and could meet you at the gate, then you could probably get on the base, depending on circumstances.

I guess it would be roughly the same for USAF, so maybe Corrie could arrange to meet someone there on a 'might pop over later' basis and the gate call the person he's come to visit and have it okayed.

I don't know if I imagined it or not but I seem to remember during the looking into of the bin lorry I thought I'd read something along the lines of it 'triggering' a traffic camera? Does anyone remember that?

Yes, I remember this! I'm sure it was described as a 'motion activated camera' at the Barton Mills roundabout (I think) which had *only* picked up the bin lorry.

In fact, here is a link to an article confirming the above in a quote by Corrie's mum.

If that camera did a full 360 sweep is it really impossible for him to have walked a few metres up Short Brackland while it was facing the other way?

Isn't your question answered by the uncle who said he couldn't get out of "that area" without being seen. I assume by "that area" he means the bin area.

Isn't your question answered by the uncle who said he couldn't get out of "that area" without being seen. I assume by "that area" he means the bin area.

I think the uncle said it would be tricky, but it might just have been coincidental. Presumably that same camera couldn't miss a vehicle but the first one spotted was the bin lorry at 4am. So either he left on the bin lorry or he unwittingly got past the camera. He's not still there so it's gotta be one or the other, no?

I think the uncle said it would be tricky, but it might just have been coincidental. Presumably that same camera couldn't miss a vehicle but the first one spotted was the bin lorry at 4am. So either he left on the bin lorry or he unwittingly got past the camera. He's not still there so it's gotta be one or the other, no?

Great points, I don't know. Are we sure all the premises at the back of that area have been searched INSIDE and out?

The reason I ask is that I don't think cameras, traffic or otherwise, get triggered but major routes do have ANPR cameras that can be described as being triggered so if I remember this correctly then all vehicles from the time frame could in theory be traced by their registration plate.

The sort of cameras which can be "triggered" are speed cameras and those monitoring lights at a junction. So maybe if the bin lorry had gone through a red light it could have triggered a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chenv8