UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chances are he did, he's hardly going to tell his mum he wanders home drunk in the wilderness, is he? I know it's his mum and she thinks she knows him best but he probably does a lot of things she doesn't think he does.

I was aware of this case but have been moving etc so only just sat down and read through this thread. We're a military family and you'd be amazed what sort of stupid things soldiers/service personnel do when they've had a drink. I know two people in the past year who have been hit by vehicles walking back to camp down a dark and fast road, both are very very lucky to be alive. One was a hit and run in below freezing temperatures and if it was not for a passing police car finding him unconcious he would most certainly have died. The other was hit by a fast car and thrown into bushes, luckily the driver stopped otherwise he would have most definitely died of his injuries and it would have taken a while to find him.

Does anybody know what the content of the picture message he sent after waking up? I imagine it's along the lines of 'OMG, bro, just woke up in a doorway!'.

Service personnel, in my experience, do a lot of crazy and stupid stuff drunk and tend to push the boundaries more than their civilian peers. They work hard, they play hard. I have a lot of single soldier friends and the stuff they get up to is ridiculous and it's amazing more of them don't get seriously hurt. Getting into a bin is really not out of the realms of possibility, in my opinion. Wearing white jeans or just having had a nap wouldn't have put most off.

As for him only going out at 2300 or whatever it was, again the chances are he was drinking on camp. Soldiers (in this case Airmen) can be pretty tight and not particularly good with money and I'm not sure what rank Corrie is but most singlies below Corporal are skint by mid-month or before. I'd be surprised if he was minted towards the end of the month and wouldn't want to waste what he did have on a cab.

Just my opinion but I truly think this will turn out to be a drunken accident, unfortunately. I just hope he is found for the sake of his family.

I think they would have well and truly established if he'd ever walked back by now. Even if he didn't tell his mum i'm sure his friends would be aware.

The message was a photo from a previous night out that someone had asked him to send.

He drove into town so unlikely he would have been drinking.

Interesting request from Corrie's mum on the FB group:

"I need all the interviews that have been done by the family saved onto you tube quickly any TV interviews as everything that was out there has been deleted and we are only left with the police statements, so this is not a fair or true reflection of all events They MUST be on you tube for me to be able to use them"

The police statements aren't a fair/true reflection of all events?? I wonder what's been / is being deleted, as I'd expect news sites to keep all videos up while it's still current news.

Has the upgrade thing happened? All working for me!

That's even more confusing @cj573

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Glad update is done! I was getting a lot of nasty pop ups.

Interesting request from Corrie's mum on the FB group:

"I need all the interviews that have been done by the family saved onto you tube quickly any TV interviews as everything that was out there has been deleted and we are only left with the police statements, so this is not a fair or true reflection of all events They MUST be on you tube for me to be able to use them"

The police statements aren't a fair/true reflection of all events?? I wonder what's been / is being deleted, as I'd expect news sites to keep all videos up while it's still current news.

Hmmmmm, very strange

I haven't given much credence to an abduction to date but maybe there is something odd going on

That's nothing to do with the upgrade. There are a couple of bad ads in circulation, not the fault of the forum.

Is there a mod to PM with info on it?

ETA, next time it happens to anyone (it's a framebreaker redirect, not a popup) look at the address bar of your browser and PM me the first URL you see up there. Look up as fast as you can to get the URL. I'm not getting the problem frequently enough to know if I'll catch it before you do, so your help will be appreciated. Any URL you see is okay to PM me with, I'd rather get six PMs than none, but it's a specific URL that I need to help them expedite the process of getting the problem ad removed.

When we get the URL I can PM a mod with the info to pass on to Tricia, who is probably the only one who can try to get it fixed.

Glad update is done! I was getting a lot of nasty pop ups.

And the plot thickens with Corrie's mum's latest post:

"POLICE HAVE NOT CARRIED OUT DOOR TO DOOR ENQUIRES.
If you are in the town center of Bury and you have been waiting for police to knock on your door or business to ask for cctv or information about delivery companies or staff on duty. And feel that it may not be important as they haven't visited you. Please contact police with these details. I desperately need your help. Without information coming in the police have nothing to investigate. X REMEMBER they/you do not have to have seen corrie. If I can prove where corrie isn't it leaves us with where he is x"

I wonder if the police are talking of scaling down the investigation due to lack of new info? Wonder why the police wouldn't have made these basic enquiries though?

Hmmmmm, very strange

I haven't given much credence to an abduction to date but maybe there is something odd going on

It seems to me that the police must be coming to the end of all the usual possibilities, ie fell in the river, hit by a car on the way home, climbed in a bin etc, so really should be looking to the less probable.

Publicly at least, they have discounted the idea of abduction by Islamaloons, and the lack of a ransom demand tends to rule out the usual sort of kidnaps, but there is another possibility which has not yet been suggested by anyone to my knowledge.

Abduction by the Russians or Chinese.

Why?

1. Several people upthread mentioned the importance of RAF Honington;
2. Corrie is/was a gunner, so presumably has/d access to a lot of technical information about weapons systems;
3. It's no secret that both the Russians and the Chinese are currently believed to have a significant numbers of agents operating in the UK;
4. Russia is currently sabre rattling in Europe and has been poking UK defences recently;
5. The Chinese are notorious for ripping off other nation's intellectual property and research.

In short, I would hope they are looking into this, even if eventually it's not the reason for his disappearance.

"POLICE HAVE NOT CARRIED OUT DOOR TO DOOR ENQUIRES."

Wow. That sounds incredible if true. I know Suffolk Constabulary is one of the PC Hayseed forces but that's pretty basic stuff if it's not been done.

On the other hand, if there's little or no residential around the relevant area and few businesses that would have been open so late, maybe it's not an issue.

It seems to me that the police must be coming to the end of all the usual possibilities, ie fell in the river, hit by a car on the way home, climbed in a bin etc, so really should be looking to the less probable.

Publicly at least, they have discounted the idea of abduction by Islamaloons, and the lack of a ransom demand tends to rule out the usual sort of kidnaps, but there is another possibility which has not yet been suggested by anyone to my knowledge.

Abduction by the Russians or Chinese.

Why?

1. Several people upthread mentioned the importance of RAF Honington;
2. Corrie is/was a gunner, so presumably has/d access to a lot of technical information about weapons systems;
3. It's no secret that both the Russians and the Chinese are currently believed to have a significant numbers of agents operating in the UK;
4. Russia is currently sabre rattling in Europe and has been poking UK defences recently;
5. The Chinese are notorious for ripping off other nation's intellectual property and research.

In short, I would hope they are looking into this, even if eventually it's not the reason for his disappearance.
Isis and al Qaeda have specifically called for abductions, there was an abduction attempt nearby by middle eastern looking men. It would be mad to rule out any such radical connection in my view.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Looks like a medium has just chipped in on the fbook page with a picture of a map with a circled area on it. Unreal.

Isis and al Qaeda have specifically called for abductions, there was an abduction attempt nearby by middle eastern looking men. It would be mad to rule out any such radical connection in my view.

Yes, I know, which is why I said "publicly". Although I would have expected Islamaloons to have released a statement or something by now if they had abducted Corrie, it don't think it can be entirely ruled out at this stage.

However, with all the other ideas floating about, the possibility of a Russian or Chinese abduction hasn't yet come onto the radar. If either of those had taken Corrie I doubt we would ever hear about it.

Im suprised its not national news. Its potentially similar to marham and alderhsot a few weeks ago, maybe more planned and less try and bundle a man into a car in broad daylight.

If he had been abducted, could it be that they are waiting for news of it to become more mainstream before they did anything?

"POLICE HAVE NOT CARRIED OUT DOOR TO DOOR ENQUIRES.
If you are in the town center of Bury and you have been waiting for police to knock on your door or business to ask for cctv or information about delivery companies or staff on duty. And feel that it may not be important as they haven't visited you. Please contact police with these details. I desperately need your help. Without information coming in the police have nothing to investigate. X REMEMBER they/you do not have to have seen corrie. If I can prove where corrie isn't it leaves us with where he is x"

I wonder if the police are talking of scaling down the investigation due to lack of new info? Wonder why the police wouldn't have made these basic enquiries though?

That ties in with suggestions on facebook from people who expected to have been contacted but haven't been. I can't think why police wouldn't be tryiing their hardest to find Corrie or at least explaining to the family why they aren't doing it

Aldershot - this was 2 guys sitting in a car on a particular stretch of road - that's all it was.

Marham - is also not a CONFIRMED abduction attempt.

In the guys own words - he was jogging with headphones in his ears when he was approached by one man from the vehicle who he 'fought off' then another man appeared with a knife ... but he couldn't hear what the first guy said to him for the headphones ... to play devil's advocate, the guy could've tapped him on shoulder to ask for directions and the jogger freaked and started attacking him so the other guy jumped out to protect his friend ...

I'm finding it disturbing that out of all of this, the takeaway guy is being slandered as a convicted sex offender AND almost accused of being the Marham 'abductor' too ...

IF it ever turns out that Corrie was abducted by a middle eastern terrorist group and the Sex offender takeaway owner was in on it I will humbly apologise but for now ... it sounds a bit ridiculous.

I still think it has all the hallmarks of a "random attack / abduction".

Once the "normal things" that could have happened, have been ruled out (1. He hasn't ever slept in a bin, but he could have 2. He hasn't ever walked home from Bury), then they are left with "that".

I think "that" has also been at the back of the investigation teams minds. Hence, no mass General Public search.

The other part is, I think they think that it happened in Bury itself (or the immediate area). And that is why it is so important to establish "where Corrie was not seen" and "who saw OR didn't see anything". But I believe that is becoming a "bit of an issue". The fact that an innocent person may have been in the Bury area (even earlier), but hadn't seen Corrie....doesn't make their statement "less important".

It is logical to think "a vehicle was used". But how many vehicles does a 21 year old, wearing "beer goggles" note on a Friday night out ? Not many, is my guess.

The "bin lorry" thing, maybe the biggest clue they have. The fact that someone my have "ditched" the mobile phone for fear of them/him/her being tracked.

The thing with that is, just because Corrie was in Short Brackland AND the bin lorry collected from there, doesn't mean that his mobile phone was dumped in "that particular bin".

Perhaps the collections the bin lorry made on it's way to Short Brackland may be worth "broadcasting". I do not doubt the police have looked into that element. But a member of the public, with "possible" vague information may indeed have spotted something that perhaps isn't obvious or particularly outstanding...but may be relevant at this stage.

I still think it has all the hallmarks of a "random attack / abduction".

Once the "normal things" that could have happened, have been ruled out (1. He hasn't ever slept in a bin, but he could have 2. He hasn't ever walked home from Bury), then they are left with "that".

I think "that" has also been at the back of the investigation teams minds. Hence, no mass General Public search.

The other part is, I think they think that it happened in Bury itself (or the immediate area). And that is why it is so important to establish "where Corrie was not seen" and "who saw OR didn't see anything". But I believe that is becoming a "bit of an issue". The fact that an innocent person may have been in the Bury area (even earlier), but hadn't seen Corrie....doesn't make their statement "less important".

It is logical to think "a vehicle was used". But how many vehicles does a 21 year old, wearing "beer goggles" note on a Friday night out ? Not many, is my guess.

The "bin lorry" thing, maybe the biggest clue they have. The fact that someone my have "ditched" the mobile phone for fear of them/him/her being tracked.

The thing with that is, just because Corrie was in Short Brackland AND the bin lorry collected from there, doesn't mean that his mobile phone was dumped in "that particular bin".

Perhaps the collections the bin lorry made on it's way to Short Brackland may be worth "broadcasting". I do not doubt the police have looked into that element. But a member of the public, with "possible" vague information may indeed have spotted something that perhaps isn't obvious or particularly outstanding...but may be relevant at this stage.

The bin lorry route is too coincidental. But dont you think if someone had abducted him and got hold of his phone and tossed it in the bin, would they not make sure it was turned off or smashed it up?

Is it odd that the fact that the search dog tracked his scent to the tesco roundabout has been ignored.

For me the camera spins and he walks/jogs off down the street towards cannon pub and then to the teccy roundabout where he thumbs a lift.

Strange goings on overnight, whats with the youtube request?.... either there's something very hinky happening involving national security / armed forces, or it's just an Adrian #2 and he'll be found in a field or in water in a few weeks time. I favour the latter but reserve the right to change my mind several times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop