Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought would be....
....he's either heading for his car (has done that before) OR he's heading for where he can either "flag down a taxi" at a place "where taxi's are likely to pass" or "where there is a taxi rank".

Thumbing a lift. Who would pick up a "half cut Friday night reveller". He'd have been stood around for hours.

Strange goings on overnight, whats with the youtube request?.... either there's something very hinky happening involving national security / armed forces, or it's just an Adrian #2 and he'll be found in a field or in water in a few weeks time. I favour the latter but reserve the right to change my mind several times a day.
Yes I think it more likely that it's about to be scaled back and Mum doesn't have much faith in the Police dealing with the case, even harder for her when the family are SO qualified to do the job of investing themselves unlike your general Joe anyway ...

What would be interesting is to see the rest of the footage from the first cctv camera.

It would show whether he gets up from sleep and starts running immediately or whether he only jogs before hes caught on the other camera. That first camera would show his moves all the way down to when he turns right.

Aldershot - this was 2 guys sitting in a car on a particular stretch of road - that's all it was.

Marham - is also not a CONFIRMED abduction attempt.

In the guys own words - he was jogging with headphones in his ears when he was approached by one man from the vehicle who he 'fought off' then another man appeared with a knife ... but he couldn't hear what the first guy said to him for the headphones ... to play devil's advocate, the guy could've tapped him on shoulder to ask for directions and the jogger freaked and started attacking him so the other guy jumped out to protect his friend ...

I'm finding it disturbing that out of all of this, the takeaway guy is being slandered as a convicted sex offender AND almost accused of being the Marham 'abductor' too ...

IF it ever turns out that Corrie was abducted by a middle eastern terrorist group and the Sex offender takeaway owner was in on it I will humbly apologise but for now ... it sounds a bit ridiculous.
This is what was said at the time re Marham

"Attempts were also made to pull him into a car but he managed to fight the men off,*headbutting one of them."

That sounds like an attempted abduction and it's being investigated by counter terror police

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Would be useful if mum Nicola or uncle Tony joined us here. If anyone has been active on the FB page or doesn't mind dropping them a PM it might be an idea? They could easily get verified and I've no doubt 50 of us here (with some "experience" of similar cases) would be more helpful than 1000's of repetitive musings on the FB page.

Just a thought.

It was less of an "attempted abduction" and more of a "thwarted abduction".

Two guys (possible more inside the vehicle), one knife, turned into a violent struggle.

This is what was said at the time re Marham

"Attempts were also made to pull him into a car but he managed to fight the men off,*headbutting one of them."

That sounds like an attempted abduction and it's being investigated by counter terror police

But it's only an alleged attempted abduction as it sits today - no one arrested, no witness?

Not like anyone ever lies or any stories are ever embellished?

But it's only an alleged attempted abduction as it sits today - no one arrested, no witness?

Not like anyone ever lies or any stories are ever embellished?
No it's not an "alleged" abduction attempt, it is what it is, an incident that's being investigated by counter terror officers where two middle eastern looking guys tried to pull a man into a car at knife point.

Strange goings on overnight, whats with the youtube request?.... either there's something very hinky happening involving national security / armed forces, or it's just an Adrian #2 and he'll be found in a field or in water in a few weeks time. I favour the latter but reserve the right to change my mind several times a day.

Ditto, I have three working theories, plus variations of another, all going around in my head. When the forum went down last night for maintenance I headed over to Google maps to do research on that and worked two or more theories via the maps.

A drunken accident is still a possibility. The Tesco roundabout and the 'possible' sighting by the sugar beet factory point in that direction, but the search teams have been working so hard on the route between Bury and Honington that maybe this accident could have happened somewhere else?

My favourite theory is still the male sex attacker, and I used the map to approximate his location and where he'd potentially leave the body. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong on that. I'm thinking of PMing a friend with the results of that line of thought and then one day soon I can say how wrong or right I was. Who's going to pick up a drunken guy to give him a lift? Someone with ulterior motives? "You look cold, dude, where you headed, can I give you a lift? Hey, why not come back to mine, I've had a couple myself and shouldn't really be driving, but I only live down the road, so come back for a coffee and I'll give you a lift back in a couple of hours or you can call a friend from mine to give you a lift back in the morning..." But all the while this is someone who's out at 4am driving around, why...Not had a good night? Didn't get lucky? Had a fight with a lover or partner? Driving around, and look, here's a pretty boy who looks a bit lost and cold...what if I offer him a lift and then see what happens?

I did consider the national security angle but in my mind I've sent that theory to the same place as the terrorist theory. One thing that's niggling me is that Uncle Tony is a counter terrorism expert? And Corrie's his nephew and in the armed forces. But even so, this is a ridiculous time/place for that kind of abduction. Terrorists instill fear through the publicity of their actions. If you don't have publicity, you're not doing your 'job' as a terrorist.

My other work on the map was looking wider afield at the roads in and out of Bury and with focus on the route out being the Barton Mills road. We can trace back that route all the way back to Felixtowe, Ipswich, Stowmarket. Then we know the vehicle of this scenario traveled through Bury town centre (roughly) and on down the road to Barton Mills...that was a choice that was made by the vehicle driver, and most likely the reason had to do with where the end of the journey is located. So, looking further afield, we have places like Ely, Wisbech, and then up the East coast. I rate this scenario pretty low as I can't find any reason or sense in it, it's just something that exists in the roads.

Would be useful if mum Nicola or uncle Tony joined us here. If anyone has been active on the FB page or doesn't mind dropping them a PM it might be an idea? They could easily get verified and I've no doubt 50 of us here (with some "experience" of similar cases) would be more helpful than 1000's of repetitive musings on the FB page.

Just a thought.

Nicola seems to me to be under too much strain, what with worrying about her son and police updates each day, plus media things, etc, and she's on that page constantly. I wouldn't invite her here, I think it's too much for her...this place can be a bit intense.

Uncle Tony on the other hand feels like a perfect fit for a verified insider.

There is quite obviously a camera on the yellow building filming the dead end bit that corrie goes into. If it was a planned abduction, this would not be the place to wait with the car or on foot. They would have checked the area and assumed theyd be filmed.

I guess the camera was not filming. But it is obvious.

So i dont think anything took place near the bins.

Nicola seems to me to be under too much strain, what with worrying about her son and police updates each day, plus media things, etc, and she's on that page constantly. I wouldn't invite her here, I think it's too much for her...this place can be a bit intense.

Uncle Tony on the other hand feels like a perfect fit for a verified insider.

I hope UncleTony is his username.

I just looked at his bio: "Tony developed his risk & security knowledge as an Intelligence & Security Operator in the British Army Intelligence Corps. He served in strategic and operational appointments, in advisory and investigative roles globally".. Between all of that, the RAF and the police connection I imagine there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than for the ordinary Joe. It's not what you know...

Looks like a medium has just chipped in on the fbook page with a picture of a map with a circled area on it. Unreal.

Some people on the facebook page have arranged an impromptu search of the highlighted area, and one of them is apparently there right now...

I farn between bury and honnington. The police and raf have been searching mon stop. Last week they had the boat on the lake with the dog trained to sniff drownings. Theres no way they havent done the same in barton mills.

Having said that it would be utterly amazing if it took a facebook page and a physcic to get something done and find evidence of something.

Just looking across the fields from honnington to bury there are thousands of pigs in the fields. Eaten by pigs is probably up there with alien abduction but they do eat everything.

I farn between bury and honnington. The police and raf have been searching mon stop. Last week they had the boat on the lake with the dog trained to sniff drownings. Theres no way they havent done the same in barton mills.

Having said that it would be utterly amazing if it took a facebook page and a physcic to get something done and find evidence of something.

Just looking across the fields from honnington to bury there are thousands of pigs in the fields. Eaten by pigs is probably up there with alien abduction but they do eat everything.

I think the suggestion is that whoever is providing the information is not a psychic but rather somebody who actually knows something but is reluctant to reveal their true identity. Or it could be a troll who just wants to waste people's time.

I asked a few pages back whether there were residential properties up the metal staircases and I'm sure someone said they're not, and that they'd been searched (might have seen it on FB)

I don't think there are residential properties there. They are all shops as far as I know.

Aldershot - this was 2 guys sitting in a car on a particular stretch of road - that's all it was.

Marham - is also not a CONFIRMED abduction attempt.

In the guys own words - he was jogging with headphones in his ears when he was approached by one man from the vehicle who he 'fought off' then another man appeared with a knife ... but he couldn't hear what the first guy said to him for the headphones ... to play devil's advocate, the guy could've tapped him on shoulder to ask for directions and the jogger freaked and started attacking him so the other guy jumped out to protect his friend ...

I'm finding it disturbing that out of all of this, the takeaway guy is being slandered as a convicted sex offender AND almost accused of being the Marham 'abductor' too ...

IF it ever turns out that Corrie was abducted by a middle eastern terrorist group and the Sex offender takeaway owner was in on it I will humbly apologise but for now ... it sounds a bit ridiculous.

Totally agree.
I have only had good experiences dealing with the take away staff in there. I have never heard anything bad about them, that's why I have left alone any mention of them.

Ooh where is this please? The psychic prediction?

In regards to the theory that the phone *was* in the bin, my musings are around how accidental it could have been. The big industrial bins I've seen previously all have big heavy lids, and are a pain to lift up, especially when you have to put something in it. The theory that Corrie placed his phone on a bin whilst he was otherwise busy doesn't explain how the phone got inside the bin. Even if you are sober, they can be difficult to manoeuvre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109