Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok he does a wee.

Still illegal so hence the shifty look back. Does it then heads away from the taxi rank down the road towards the beerhouse roundabout. No cctv.

.... I suppose the question is, after a pee (and whilst heading to the taxi rank), why not just "retrace your steps".

Exactly. Chances are his mates could be around the rank. Or coming outta flex. He could even find other squadies from the base getting taxis. Flex always rammed with them.

Money wasnt the issue.

Def agree money wasn't an issue.
Lets face it, getting booted out of the club actually saved him money !

When he gets up from the doorway, he's going somewhere.....and he needs a pee.
The "pee bit" is fairly simple. The first mission is, find somewhere quiet. The loading area is perfect.

So... where is he off to ?
His car ? I doubt it.
Home ? More likely. Have a "lie in" the next morning and then get a lift to pick up his car tomorrow.

My hunch is, he's heading for a taxi.

Question is....which way AND how far did he get

This was posted on BUZZ CARZ facebook page in July 2016

Just a quick update, our night shift have noticed a lot of other companies in Bury St Edmund's just parking up and waiting for passengers to approach the window and ask if you are booked! These cars are being watched by the Council as it is Illegal to pick you up without a pre- booking. The only vehicles allowed to do this have the word TAXI on the roof, and operate from the Taxi ranks. We are at present the ONLY company who have the words prebooked only on our door signs. Please let anyone you know that jumping into a non booked car, they are not insured, the driver or office must have a phone record of the booking. Its you and your families we are protecting! Buzz Carz we're going places with you. Thanks please share!

It's just to build a picture of how people get home from Bury, at night.

This was posted on BUZZ CARZ facebook page in July 2016

Just a quick update, our night shift have noticed a lot of other companies in Bury St Edmund's just parking up and waiting for passengers to approach the window and ask if you are booked! These cars are being watched by the Council as it is Illegal to pick you up without a pre- booking. The only vehicles allowed to do this have the word TAXI on the roof, and operate from the Taxi ranks. We are at present the ONLY company who have the words prebooked only on our door signs. Please let anyone you know that jumping into a non booked car, they are not insured, the driver or office must have a phone record of the booking. Its you and your families we are protecting! Buzz Carz we're going places with you. Thanks please share!

It's just to build a picture of how people get home from Bury, at night.

I like the fake taxi. But would they be at the rank or just hovering down the street somewhere.

Ps - here is the write up about barton mills.

"Part of what was Thetford Forest. Huge wooded areas with shrubs and ferns.
Crowd: Well your are in for a treat. As both areas are near army bases you'll get American GI's from Lakenheath and UK squaddies from other camps, some are even in uniform. You can spot the Americans as they have left hand drive cars. Also truckers, holdiday makers, strait lads, courier drivers, bikers and reps.

Neighbourhood: Huge woods and heathland"

Horrace

Going off what Buzz Carz wrote, I imagine they are "parked up" near to the rank, but not "at the rank".

The thing is, if this is "common practice", then "anyone wanting to pose as an illegal taxi, could do so".

I like the fake taxi. But would they be at the rank or just hovering down the street somewhere.

Ps - here is the write up about barton mills.

"Part of what was Thetford Forest. Huge wooded areas with shrubs and ferns.
Crowd: Well your are in for a treat. As both areas are near army bases you'll get American GI's from Lakenheath and UK squaddies from other camps, some are even in uniform. You can spot the Americans as they have left hand drive cars. Also truckers, holdiday makers, strait lads, courier drivers, bikers and reps.

Neighbourhood: Huge woods and heathland"
Question: is there a waste transfer station near Barton mills? If so was this the destination of the bin lorry?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Would that tie in with the phone pings?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I think I see on streetview two mobile phone masts on the fiveways roundabout? and the recycling centre is less than 1 kilometer from the roundabout along the A1065.

That last CCTV clip is bugging me and I can't explain it. He jogs down the alley then gives a furtive look. To me I got the feeling he was looking to meet someone. I can't justify that comment and a pit stop for a piss is more likely. But it's just a got feeling that he was expecting someone. Can anyone explain the jog? To keep warm? I'm confused and perturbedSent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Could it be that he arranged to meet (whoever) and he's running late so he does a quick jog down there but then realises they aren't there yet and so just slows up and waits by the bins?I know he sent a text a 3am but maybe he dozed off again and suddenly woke up and thought he'd missed them...

Anyone know if the unofficial facebook organised search of the area took place today?

Obviously some illiterate idiot has just set that up. IMO

Google has a cache of the page dated 20th October, so it's at least 8 days old.

attachment.php

Attachments

• googlecachepic.jpg
    googlecachepic.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 109
I'm now starting wondering if the teenagers at 4.20am were involved in whatever happened. Police said they were traced - if they had come forward wouldn't police say they came forward instead of traced? There is enough time from 3.20am to 4.20am to do something to Corrie, drive to Barton Mills to dump him and his phone then drive back to Bury.

Corries mum has posted about going into schools in Bury - I can't recall this being considered in a missing persons case before. The families posts on social media really seem to be trying to spook someone out. For some reason I keep imagining it was a couple of naive teenage girls with a boy who had a car.

Sorry, just trying to catch up on today's posts. A few mentions of Corrie running / jogging - at what point did that happen and how do we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!