UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He goes for a wee near the bins and decides this plan of walking back to Honington at 4am while it may have seemed a good idea at the time now doesn't appear so appealing. Someone said he looked to be limping maybe his footwear isn't ideal for a long night march. So he hops into the bin to hide and sleep till morning when he can collect his car now sobered up but he hasn't dozed off long when the noise of the bin lorry wakes him and he jumps back out before the bin men see him. In his haste the phone either drops out of his pocket or he was holding and it slipped out of his palm while he slept. The phone gets taken away in the bin lorry and Corrie has gone somewhere else without it.
It's not easy to hop in or out of those type of bins for a sober person never mind a drunk one and if he'd done that, it should've been caught on cctv or by forensics.

Another note, these types of bins are not usually routinely cleaned and the bin lorries are not cleaned daily.

Cctv showed clearly the bin lorry leaving, Corrie wasn't hanging onto use back and nor was he in the cab, the driver would know and forensics would've found evidence of this.

Obviously this has been checked by the police.....
....but if one bin lorry is collecting "waste paper" at 4.00am, is there other bin lorries collecting other things at other times after 4am and before the businesses open ? No doubt that has been checked and re-checked, but is there a rubbish collection (non recyclable) that's gone directly to the landfill, then who knows ?
I guess they all are "weighed automatically when loading" these days. So that would rule out many collections. Plus the fact that one maybe "90kgs over" when compared to the norm, would be highlighted by now.

As he hasn't had a great night out...and has therefore "saved cash", I'd have thought it more likely he'd get a taxi homewards. Or share a taxi homewards.

Failing that, I'd guess he'd go to his car and wait / kip....as his mum has said he'd done that before.

But as there is a lack of CCTV sightings, one wonders if he did leave the loading bay area to continue his walk to where ever.

One month on and looking at the data that's been collected by the police, I wonder if they have been able to put together some kind of "working model" for the time period(s) from 3.25am onwards.
Rather than "seeing where he was", it would corroborate "where he wasn't" and possibly highlight any conflicting stories.

The problem I guess is, the possible lack of people in the area, the possible lack of people coming forward, the memory decay of those that would come forward (and if there is third party involvement, I doubt they would make themselves known).

From the Facebook page ...

A woman who has private cctv footage of vehicles and someone on a bike along the Barton Mills road was still waiting (as of last week) for Police to get back to her and collect the cctv.

People living in the houses surrounding Short Brackland have not had any Police contact - door to door enquiries OR premises/outbuildings/gardens checked!!

I'm constantly divided on opinion - either Police know something we don't (and family don't either) OR Police don't have a clue and are pretty useless ...

Yes. There has to be *something* going on in the background to this. I don't get why we haven't seen the Police visible in any of this.

No direct on camera appeals or updates from them at all AFAIK? Who is the lead detective for example? The press even got a ex-detective to do a piece to camera probably because they weren't able to get the Police in this case to do it?

Does anyone else feel we are just going round and round in circles?

With no new information I can't see any progress being made, do the police know something that they aren't telling us and if so why aren't they saying. It ceratinly doesn't seem like they are keeping the family in the loop. Why no appeals for info, no warnings about fake taxis, no request for help with searches? It can't be that the Suffolk police are worse than other forces so why are they appearing not to be doing anything?

The only thing in this case different to any other case is the RAF/USAF link, Suzy. I said early in the case this could be a potential sensitive area.

From the Facebook page ...

A woman who has private cctv footage of vehicles and someone on a bike along the Barton Mills road was still waiting (as of last week) for Police to get back to her and collect the cctv.

People living in the houses surrounding Short Brackland have not had any Police contact - door to door enquiries OR premises/outbuildings/gardens checked!!

I'm constantly divided on opinion - either Police know something we don't (and family don't either) OR Police don't have a clue and are pretty useless ...
They should have got that CCTV immediately. I hope behind the scenes this is being treated as a major incident complete with COBRA meetings.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The only thing in this case different to any other case is the RAF/USAF link, Suzy. I said early in the case this could be a potential sensitive area.

Yes, it could be, do you know of any other similar cases that we could compare it to.

It's very strange to me that if what we read is true the US base didn't know that Corrie was missing, you'd think that would one of the first places they'd check and ask for help from.

Without wanting to sound like a film or TV show could there be some kind of cover up by the Americans, has Corrie been harmed by someone on that base and they are trying to keep it quiet? We need to know if there were any US personnel still left in BSE after 3am, any of them with a vehicle maybe.

Does anyone else feel we are just going round and round in circles?

With no new information I can't see any progress being made, do the police know something that they aren't telling us and if so why aren't they saying. It ceratinly doesn't seem like they are keeping the family in the loop. Why no appeals for info, no warnings about fake taxis, no request for help with searches? It can't be that the Suffolk police are worse than other forces so why are they appearing not to be doing anything?

At least we hope so.

Or is it that "this" is how many "Missing Person" cases are/were handled in the past ?

Don't forget, we live in the "internet age" now. Corrie's family have done an amazing job keeping their plight in the public eye.

In a click of a mouse, we can see the area that they are talking about. We can look what cameras are there. We can review the released CCTV tapes, over and over again. Not long ago, non of this was possible.

....are we just highlighting the fact "dog walkers, discover more victims of crime, than the police" ?

It's definitely worth remembering that the RAF link could well be quite significant in terms of what we are told - reporting restrictions of the official secrets act and/or terrorism laws would likely apply. And that goes for anything that may or may not have happened at Marham and Aldershot. Just because you haven't heard anything in the media (or it's been downplayed in the media) doesn't mean nothing has happened. Have a look at this (esp the bit about 'Anonymity for Terrorism Suspects' towards the end), this and this for examples of how tricky reporting is when it comes to military-related stuff.

They should have got that CCTV immediately. I hope behind the scenes this is being treated as a major incident complete with COBRA meetings.

It would seem that not only did they not get CCTV but they haven't even talked to local residents and businesses - why??

It would seem that not only did they not get CCTV but they haven't even talked to local residents and businesses - why??
I cannot explain. Have they got the right experience and resources? Can they draft in back up and help?

It is frankly inexcusable that someone has offered CCTV and it hasn't been checked yet.

It is also pretty disgraceful that door to door checks along the most obvious route haven't been done. Have family or friends done this job? I sure as hell would have within 5 weeks.

I hope to god the police know what they're looking at here, and we are all way off the mark with our "most obvious" theories. If they are as stumped as they seem I am angry that these basic tasks haven't been done. Perhaps someone who's on FB could ask Nicola / Tony for clarification.

It's definitely worth remembering that the RAF link could well be quite significant in terms of what we are told - reporting restrictions of the official secrets act and/or terrorism laws would likely apply. And that goes for anything that may or may not have happened at Marham and Aldershot. Just because you haven't heard anything in the media (or it's been downplayed in the media) doesn't mean nothing has happened. Have a look at this (esp the bit about 'Anonymity for Terrorism Suspects' towards the end), this and this for examples of how tricky reporting is when it comes to military-related stuff.

I have been thinking similarly. I know in the past there has been difficulty when it comes to civilian police working with/alongside military police and who is actually in charge. Things may be different now, I have no clue. I'm also not sure on the powers civilian police have when it comes to questioning military personnel. Eg, If there were a punch up in the streets involving two military personnel, I'm not entirely sure which police would handle it.

As far as I can ascertain, there is no "D Notice" on this story. So as far as the military and government is concerned, there is no restrictions on reporting it.

Maybe the are police operational restrictions in place, but again, that doesn't stop reporting, only the release of operational strategy and/or tactics.

Resources could be suffering. And with leads in short supply, it would be an "intelligence led" investigation. That's if they deem "foul play" to be involved.

It's in "no man's land". Or it appears to be.

Just reading the comments on the find Corrie Facebook and again someone (rightly I think) suggests doing a reconstruction. Nicola answered they will do one but it's too soon?

Why is it too soon? I genuinely don't get that.

Just reading the comments on the find Corrie Facebook and again someone (rightly I think) suggests doing a reconstruction. Nicola answered they will do one but it's too soon?

Why is it too soon? I genuinely don't get that.

She may have posted more than once on this question, the answer I've seen was that it's too early for a reconstruction as the polcie haven't watched all the CCTV yet which is imo a valid explanation. There would be no point in a hasty partial reconstruction, better to wait until every CCTV footage has been seen and do it properly.

But, they certainly could do oneup to 3.30am which might at least jog people's memories, time's moving on and people will forget

She may have posted more than once on this question, the answer I've seen was that it's too early for a reconstruction as the polcie haven't watched all the CCTV yet which is imo a valid explanation. There would be no point in a hasty partial reconstruction, better to wait until every CCTV footage has been seen and do it properly.

But, they certainly could do oneup to 3.30am which might at least jog people's memories, time's moving on and people will forget

OK, but still doesn't really make sense. The Alice Gross case had 35TB (35,000 Gigabytes) of CCTV footage collected from 300 cameras and yet a reconstruction was done less than a month after she went missing.

There must be a reason other than not having gone through all the footage in 5 weeks?

The "hearsay" on the facebook page, appears to indicate the police are "refusing" CCTV that has been offered.

One wonders if Corrie's mum "understands" more than we do, with regard to "how a police force (under national guidelines) conducts a Missing Person Enquiry".

Perhaps, this chap would have been forgotten by now, as Joe Public moves on to "who got voted out of Strictly Come Dance With Me Whilst I Ski Jump & Sing... Celebrity Christmas Special... Live".

Just saying !

The "hearsay" on the facebook page, appears to indicate the police are "refusing" CCTV that has been offered.

One wonders if Corrie's mum "understands" more than we do, with regard to "how a police force (under national guidelines) conducts a Missing Person Enquiry".

Perhaps, this chap would have been forgotten by now, as Joe Public moves on to "who got voted out of Strictly Come Dance With Me Whilst I Ski Jump & Sing... Celebrity Christmas Special... Live".

Just saying !
Why would they refuse CCTV? Im doubtful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads