UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he'd been on or under or hit by the bin lorry, surely there'd be some forensic evidence of this?

I think he wasn't reported missing till Monday, not sure when they checked the lorry. If they'd washed it or it rained and if there wasn't much forensics to begin with?

assume that "some CCTV" is "person operated" whereas others are on "automatic sweeps". The one on the Greenwoods building, as it is on a corner, it looks to be able to provide coverage along four "routes". Two pedestrian thoroughfares and two containing road traffic and people.

The question is, did "this" particular camera even "see" the bin lorry arriving ? I am doubtful it did, to be honest. I conclude that because it was said by his mother that the timed data of his mobile, correlated with that of a bin lorry that triggered a "traffic camera" on the Five Ways Round-a-bout.

As a "footnote", the first released CCTV camera footage, looks to be from a "person operated camera" as it appears to follow Corrie. Worthy of note is, that it can "see" all the way along towards The Cornhill Shopping Centre. However, as it is likely to be "person operated", it may have been looking the wrong way.

Find it hard to believe as well someone sleeping in a door way with white jeans on and i dont know anyone who sleeps in a doorway on a chilly night after something to eat

To me it looks like he's looking for someone (,new CCTV), maybe he had arranged to meet someone off one of those dating apps like tinder.
Maybe they were round there in a car waiting for him

To me it looks like he's looking for someone, maybe he had arranged to meet someone off one of those dating apps like tinder.
I think he was waiting for someone too, he was awake around 3am ish to send a picture message so it's not like he had just woken up and got up straight away. I don't think it was anyone from tinder - even for tinder meeting someone at 3.30am in some dark alley with bins is too weird. I think he was waiting for someone he already knew.

To me it looks like he's looking for someone (,new CCTV), maybe he had arranged to meet someone off one of those dating apps like tinder.
At 3.30 in the morning after 2 hours sleep in a doorway dribbling on yourself?
I think he's looking for a place to pee to be honest

Find it hard to believe as well someone sleeping in a door way with white jeans on and i dont know anyone who sleeps in a doorway on a chilly night after something to eat

It is hard for me to imagine too but there's no doubt that Corrie did sleep in the doorway as there is CCTV coverage of him doing it

CCTV doesn't confirm he was actually asleep, it just shows he was in the doorway.

Honestly I don't see anything odd in the CCTV. He's still drunk, spent 2 hours asleep in a door way and is probably feeling cold = need pee. He stops and looks both ways twice to check it is clear and goes behind bins.

The most depressing thing now is the possibility no cameras were trained down there for who knows how long. Anything could have happened in however many minutes it was before CCTV looked down there again.

I think he was waiting for someone too, he was awake around 3am ish to send a picture message so it's not like he had just woken up and got up straight away. I don't think it was anyone from tinder - even for tinder meeting someone at 3.30am in some dark alley with bins is too weird. I think he was waiting for someone he already knew.

At 3.30 in the morning after 2 hours sleep in a doorway dribbling on yourself?
I think he's looking for a place to pee to be honest

Looking for a pee place to me too. The police will have all the phone activity and imo if there was any suggestion that Corrie had been in contact with anyone else they would be specifically appealing to that person. IMO the genuinely don't have a clue what has happened, I can't believe they would let the family go on TV making appeals if they knew that what they were saying was untrue. Corrie's mum comes across as a totally genuine person who knows her son well, I can't believe they are keeping anything from her

0325hrs 24/09/2016 - This is the last known sighting on CCTV of Corrie. The building on the right, is the gable end of Greggs. The area he is walking towards is a U shaped dead end, leading to the back of retail premises. He is walking towards a cycle rack and some industrial bins. Its understood that this camera was set on a sweep sequence and changed viewing angle on an automatic cycle. He is not seen on this camera leaving the area

David Urquhart

Maybe that's why nothing of Corrie... or another person is seen.

Well if the CCTV wasn't constantly fixed on that spot, he could have left at any time and obviously did. Needs clarification!

Bury Free Press

CORRIE SEARCH: Police are appealing for a group of people who Corrie sat with in Pizza Mama Mia in St Andrew’s Street North, Bury St Edmunds, on the night he went missing (Sat, Sept 24) to get in touch as potential witnesses. They include a man described as black who was wearing a distinctive black T-shirt with ‘Death’, the Roman numerals ‘LXXVIII’ and the number ‘78’ in large white letters on the back and a white motif on the front.

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...st-edmunds-takeaway-to-come-forward-1-7641135

Bury Free Press

CORRIE SEARCH: Police are appealing for a group of people who Corrie sat with in Pizza Mama Mia in St Andrew’s Street North, Bury St Edmunds, on the night he went missing (Sat, Sept 24) to get in touch as potential witnesses. They include a man described as black who was wearing a distinctive black T-shirt with ‘Death’, the Roman numerals ‘LXXVIII’ and the number ‘78’ in large white letters on the back and a white motif on the front.

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...st-edmunds-takeaway-to-come-forward-1-7641135

And from the police

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

Why are they just asking for these people to come forward now and more puzzingly why haven't they come forward themselves. Surely there can't be anyone in BSE who isn't aware of the huge hunt for Corrie.

If they release some stills of the people in question they'll be identified before the end of the evening imo. Come on Suffolk Police - there is massive interest in Corrie and lots of local support, why aren't they asking for more help?

WOW !

In the 2009 "Street View" image, there's a bin lorry coming UP Short Brackland !

https://goo.gl/maps/KTwQxZXopY42

Note how narrow the street is (okay, this daytime, with lots of parked cars).
The point is... a car heading down would struggle to pass.

But 3.25am to 4.00 (less the time it takes for a lorry to drive up) is still 35minutes.

One thing of interest would be "How long was the CCTV camera #2 focused on Short Brackland BEFORE it changed to a different view".

A few seconds. A minute. Five minutes. For sure it won't remain long.

CCTV doesn't confirm he was actually asleep, it just shows he was in the doorway.

From the police release dated 28 September

"From CCTV in Bury St Edmunds it is believed he briefly slept in a doorway before getting up and moving away –"

and this is a post from Corrie's mum

"Corrie clearly did not plan to sleep. He sat down to eat his food. As you can see from the clip he dropped a bit of food as he was walking (3 second rule applied) so he has sat down to eat and then fallen asleep. The last sight of him on cctv is from behind. There is no reason the police haven't shown it. They have just picked the best. He could simply have gone for a pee and placed his phone on the bin and forgotten it.... That's not really the issue. It's that after 0324 corrie has completely evaded every single person and cctv in bery. Not one person has seen him anywhere. Is this because he has left in a vehicle?"

It seems clear to me that he did fall asleep

Yeah I posted the link to he bin lorry on the previous page , James.

Another question now is just why are the Police drip feeding info out so slowly? I hope it is for legit reasons because if they really have no clue what happened then they should be showing any footage and appealing for info while memories are fresh(er).

Yeah I posted the link to he bin lorry on the previous page , James.

Another question now is just why are the Police drip feeding info out so slowly? I hope it is for legit reasons because if they really have no clue what happened then they should be showing any footage and appealing for info while memories are fresh(er).

Exactly, I don't understand their strategy, why wait a month to appeal for the people in the pizza place?

Four weeks today :-(

All this mention of the bin lorry....what if he was in Baarton Mills area, with his phone, & got there by other means?
A vehicle could easily come up Short Brackland to this spot, turn around & leave the same way, through Cannon Street, Fornham Road & onto Mildenhall Road, I think without being picked up on cctv
But at Barton Mills there's 3x 24hr filling stations, a 24hr McDonalds, Travelodge, Little Chef & other businesses, all of which must have cctv

Oh & a picnic site...

Exactly, I don't understand their strategy, why wait a month to appeal for the people in the pizza place?

I can only assume they do have footage of people or vehicles that haven't come forward and don't want to tip these off? Preferring to trace them themselves or via other witnesses?

Or worse they really are at a dead end and have nothing else to share...

For the Mama Mia customer(s) I'm not sure what that could be about as it was over two hours earlier so not sure how they could fit in or help.

Four weeks today :-(

All this mention of the bin lorry....what if he was in Baarton Mills area, with his phone, & got there by other means?
A vehicle could easily come up Short Brackland to this spot, turn around & leave the same way, through Cannon Street, Fornham Road & onto Mildenhall Road, I think without being picked up on cctv
But at Barton Mills there's 3x 24hr filling stations, a 24hr McDonalds, Travelodge, Little Chef & other businesses, all of which must have cctv

Oh & a picnic site...

Yes I agree with this now but to be fair we where under the impression he went behind Greggs and wasn't seen coming out. It now looks like the CCTV camera might have been turned away. A crucial detail.

A car leaving Short Brackland in theory would have go down Orchard Street then Church Row as Cannon Street is no entry. At 4 in the morning maybe some would risk going the wrong way down Cannon Street. If it did go down to Church Row
there is a camera above The Greene King/The Bushel on St John Street that would/could catch a vehicle going down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper