UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all just so weird...I get his mates might think he pulled but surely they must've tried ringing to ask if he needed a lift back to his car, do you want the dog walking, was she a fit bird you pulled or at least some sort of communication before Monday afternoon. Who confirmed he'd been chucked out the club? Did his mates know he'd been chucked out, if so why didn't they ring to ask if he was ok? Maybe it is a well orcastrated AWOL hence why no door to doors etc as the RAF and police have a good idea he's buggered off... aarrrrrgghhhh who knows!

He would be using WhatsApp. Hed likely be in a whatsapp group with his mates. Theyd be sending the messgaes and not getting the little blue ticks. Theyd ring him. Theyd just get phone switch off. I suppose youd wait like a day before you raised the alarm.

We all have our own opinions....

What I was pointing out were the contradictions of the apparent facts given over n over that made the public think Corrie was comfortable walking home after a night out & knew the routes!

The bin was seized and forensically tested, no-one said oh it wasn't forensically tested then said it was! This has always been the case....

Continue with the bin theory but i personally think it is wasted time when we could be thinking of other possibilities...but again we all have our own opinions and are entitled to voice them here freely!

It's all just so weird...I get his mates might think he pulled but surely they must've tried ringing to ask if he needed a lift back to his car, do you want the dog walking, was she a fit bird you pulled or at least some sort of communication before Monday afternoon. Who confirmed he'd been chucked out the club? Did his mates know he'd been chucked out, if so why didn't they ring to ask if he was ok? Maybe it is a well orcastrated AWOL hence why no door to doors etc as the RAF and police have a good idea he's buggered off... aarrrrrgghhhh who knows!

Someone else said it was the third week of the month, he probably wasn't flush with cash after that night out.

He had a puppy back at base.

He'd been phoning and texting his brother all night. (Police analysts would have gone through those convos to look for signs of either AWOL or suicidal intentions.)

He had his brother coming down to visit the following weekend and was looking forward to this.

If someone's going to go AWOL, I think they'd choose a different time. I think they'd wake up early one morning and just disappear without a word to anyone. If anyone was around they'd make an excuse like "I'm going out into town for the day" or "I'm driving up to visit my mate in a nearby town for the weekend, look after my puppy while I'm away?"

Then there's the conversation in the pizza place with the acquaintance from Mildenhall. Corrie's had a few too many to drink, he's not going to be very able to hide his frame of mind during this encounter even if he wants to. Now the police have interviewed this guy they'll again have done psychological analysis of everything that the guy remembers of that encounter.

I do not believe Corrie went AWOL. It's tempting to want to believe that as it means he might still be alive out there and one day contact his family again.

Just because it's not the trademarks of an AWOL doesn't necessarily mean it isn't!

My mind changes so much, now I am like no, he defo would not go missing on purpose!

And yeah, maybe you are completely right ^^^ AWOL would mean he was alive and well which is my only hope. :-(

Just because it's not the trademarks of an AWOL doesn't necessarily mean it isn't!

My mind changes so much, now I am like no, he defo would not go missing on purpose!

And yeah, maybe you are completely right ^^^ AWOL would mean he was alive and well which is my only hope. :-(

Trade Mark "AWOL" usually come back in a week....or get caught within the month.

What was the bin lorry's collection route that night ? Just wondering about "time" and such.

Corrie is 2 mins from the tail end of the taxi rank.

Uncle Tony says he's checked the camera's. I guess I know what he means.
He's looking from Short Brackland to the taxi rank, I guess.

The amount of "one way's" in Bury, means there is only from 3.25am to 4.00am for all collections to be made, to coincide with "the Short Brackland issue" OR "a car ahead of the bin lorry".

I say this because "a car" leaving the area (of Corrie's walk to the taxi rank") doesn't have to collect bins.
If a car "halts" somewhere.......
..... then a bin lorry (in terms of Cellular Mast Triangulation) may PRESENT that same speed (or "pace")

Or rather.....

A car leaving the area.....and being involved in a misdemeanour....would be far ahead of a bin lorry.
But could easily appear to be travelling at the same "pace" due to "it" having to stop. The bin lorry doesn't !

A car has to travel "28 mins" between masts (between Bury and Barton) in an hour.
Between 3.25 and 4.30
Whereas a bin lorry has to travel between Bury and Barton in "28 mins", between 4.00 and 4.30.

The "ping data" appears to be wrong...as "28 minutes of the 65 minutes" is only presented !

So, on the Facebook page Corrie's mum has said that Corrie would either get a lift home, a taxi or he'd sleep in his car. He obviously didn't arrange a lift and possibly didn't have money for a taxi. I'm sure I read, in the early days, where his car was parked. Does anyone remember? Maybe he was making his way to his car. Maybe he just really wanted his bed.

I don't expect an answer, but would anyone consider asking on the FB page what mobile network Corrie uses?

I've found a map of masts and coverage for various networks, but on this site you have to check each network and each G separately. Depending on network and G status it looks like the triangulation might be pretty dire, just as "Uncle Tony" has intimated.

The actual triangulation data is something the public can't possibly hope for the police to release, but it is something I am very curious about.

If someone's going to go AWOL, I think they'd choose a different time. I think they'd wake up early one morning and just disappear without a word to anyone.

Is that feasible though these days?

What would he do for money? He'd need access to a LOT of cash, because as soon as he used a debit or credit card it would be flagged up.

So either he would need a new identity along with a bank account (which couldn't receive transfers from his regular account because this would be traceable) or he'd be working cash in hand indefinitely.

Anyone with a photo on social media will be liable to be spotted and flagged up by a member of the public.

Is that feasible though these days?

What would he do for money? He'd need access to a LOT of cash, because as soon as he used a debit or credit card it would be flagged up.

So either he would need a new identity along with a bank account (which couldn't receive transfers from his regular account because this would be traceable) or he'd be working cash in hand indefinitely.

Anyone with a photo on social media will be liable to be spotted and flagged up by a member of the public.

We had a guy who was AWOL for over a year, his FB was very public and he was very open about his whereabouts sat on his mum's sofa. He was only arrested because he went to a funeral of another soldier and the RMP happened to be there. We have another guy AWOL who is more than open about his whereabouts, he has a job, and is constantly updating exactly where he is, he's been AWOL since April. It's not like it used to be. Maybe the RAF run a tighter ship, so to speak. That said, I don't think Corrie being AWOL is even a consideration.

I would say there are probably different kinds of AWOL, by which I mean different reasons for it and being away for different amounts of time. But Corrie doesn't seem to fit into any of the categories I can think of. Then, when you add in that his phone hasn't been turned back on and bank accounts not touched, etc, I just can't see it.

You'd also have to add on that his reasons for going AWOL are so important to him that he's managed to hide them from everyone around him, and that he's willing to turn on the TV news and see the pain and fears of his family and do nothing to alleviate what they're going through. They seem like a tight family, and my gut says he wouldn't do that to them.

Totally agree that Corrie is NOT awol ... when people go awol, they're running away from military and TO family, not disappearing without a trace ...

Absolutely. A companies house search shows someone with his name and of the same age listed as director of a company registered to the same address as Pizza Mama Mia since April this year - so definitely not outside the realms of possibility that he had been released by that point (just short of 2 years served of a 3 year sentence).

Having said that, it could easily be a coincidence and is probably impossible for a member of the public to verify either way. I've seen him described several times as the last person to talk to Corrie, so I'd like to think that the police will have looked into anyone of interest from that night.

Also, in terms of the guy who was jailed for sexual assault, his victim was described in media reports as being a 'teenage woman' and as being a student at Worcester University. This suggests to me she was 17/18/19 years of age rather than underage / very young, which was suggested earlier. Similar age to the attacker himself at the time (19). (Not suggesting it's a 'lesser crime', just a different crime as it takes any preference for children out of it.)

Again, not saying that they are the same guy (or that he should even be a person of interest), but agree that it can't be ruled out.

On the left is Corries friend,,, Ive seen it somewhere that he is 21 but cant remember where at the mo

comparing takeaway worker.jpg

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...ed_on_lone_woman_walking_home_from_nightclub/

The guy on the left is named as 'Mehmet Tekagac' in this article but the guy on the right is named as '[FONT=&quot]Abdul Tekagac' in the article you have linked. Are they variations of the same name (not familiar with Turkish names)?[/FONT]

I agree. Definately not AWOL. I don't think he purposely avoided CCTV he just happened to avoid CCTV after Short Brackland. I think sadly he is no longer with us but I am undecided whether it is an accidental death (e.g falling into water on way home) or an intentional death by persons unknown.

Someone noticed that the guy in the takeaway (who is not the guy pictured above on the left, unless he is known by two names - which is possible?) has the same name, same age and same career path (takeaway restaurants!) as another guy from another article, so wondered if they were the same person. I don't think that's an unreasonable question and it's certainly not unreasonable to be looking closely at the details of one of the very last people to see Corrie.

The question persists because nobody has been able to answer convincingly either way. But anyone local who knows the takeaway guy in person will be able to state categorically that he is not the guy pictured in the Worcester News article - can anyone on here do that? That should kill the 'takeaway guy' conversation once and for all.

If that's the same guy* then he had a rough time in jail and avoiding deportation huh ;)

*it's not the same guy and I really think people need to stop posting about the takeaway guy being a sex offender or the Marham attempted abductor.
They are different guys. It's not been suggested that those two are the same guy.

The one on the right was jailed following an incident in Worcester. He had the same name as someone who was quoted from the take away. We do not know if they are the same person could be just the same name.

The one on the left was quoted and pictured in the papers as definitely working in the shop and he's called mehmet nothing to do with the incident in Worcester.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I wonder if they could look at footage from previous times hes been out late in bury and see whether he gets a regular lift. Or somr of the same people pop up?

The guy on the left is named as 'Mehmet Tekagac' in this article but the guy on the right is named as '[FONT=&quot]Abdul Tekagac' in the article you have linked. Are they variations of the same name (not familiar with Turkish names)?[/FONT]

I would guess they might be brothers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member