UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't this paint a completely different picture of that night? The picture I'm seeing is for whatever reason his friends didn't seem to want him there and Corrie drove himself to BSE and spent 2 hours chasing them from bar to bar?

It is starting to sound an awful lot like that. Approaching tables in bars trying to make friends with strangers, talking to everyone in bars whether he knew them or not, going in to clubs alone etc. It's certainly a different picture to the "night out with friends" it was portrayed as for many weeks.

If anything it's starting to seem like Corrie was a bit ostracised from the group and was being that annoying person who shows up when they know they aren't really welcome.

It is starting to sound an awful lot like that. Approaching tables in bars trying to make friends with strangers, talking to everyone in bars whether he knew them or not, going in to clubs alone etc. It's certainly a different picture to the "night out with friends" it was portrayed as for many weeks.

If anything it's starting to seem like Corrie was a bit ostracised from the group and was being that annoying person who shows up when they know they aren't really welcome.

Totally agree! I mentioned this a few threads ago as it just doesn't seem the right behaviour to me for someone who's meant to be happy go lucky and the life and soul of the party. You'd want that person with you wouldn't you to make sure your night was fun?! Instead he was left in camp to make his own way into town, went to Flex by himself and spoke to strangers all night, was asked to leave and none of his group noticed, spent 2 hours asleep in the street and was missing for 48 hours before his mates realised.

When I read that back I immediately think AWOL but will no doubt change my mind again by the morning!

I think the thing that bothers me more is that night has been portrayed has a normal night and if anything Corrie was happier than ever. I'm really not seeing it at all. So why paint this hunky dory picture?

I am beginning to seriously doubt the timing of the grapes video now. Wasn't that supposed to be 01:20 ? It couldn't have been if he was only leaving flex at that time. I am wondering again if the first cctv issued is really the last one and not the horseshoe one.

I've been going back over some of the old threads on here and I can't see were any further forward than we were in thread 3! Can't read any more or I'll go blind!
So few verified facts... what we have been told varies from week to week (timings, calls, CCTV, etc...) that I'm really starting to wonder if the police do have an idea of what's happened but can't catch the perps or believe Corrie has gone AWOL hence discussing scaling the operation down.
We all think there's more to this story than we're being told, I just wonder if ANYONE actually knows anything more than we've managed to piece together??
Where is Corrie?!

Totally agree! I mentioned this a few threads ago as it just doesn't seem the right behaviour to me for someone who's meant to be happy go lucky and the life and soul of the party. You'd want that person with you wouldn't you to make sure your night was fun?! Instead he was left in camp to make his own way into town, went to Flex by himself and spoke to strangers all night, was asked to leave and none of his group noticed, spent 2 hours asleep in the street and was missing for 48 hours before his mates realised.

When I read that back I immediately think AWOL but will no doubt change my mind again by the morning!

When I read it back it makes me wonder about Corries state of mind. Was he lonely? I do believe everyone who knew Corrie from home who knew him as happy, fun, full of life. But that's not how it's coming across as life on base was for him. Not one friend (RAF or otherwise, because I'm sure after 3 years he had friends from outside of the military if he was indeed a regular on the club scene) from BSE or surrounding areas has come forward to say anything about Corries personality, that night, previous nights. All the people talking about what a good guy he was in media reports have been staff from bars, clubs or takeaways. Did he actually have may true friends away from home or are they all occasional drinking buddies?

I've been going back over some of the old threads on here and I can't see were any further forward than we were in thread 3! Can't read any more or I'll go blind!
So few verified facts... what we have been told varies from week to week (timings, calls, CCTV, etc...) that I'm really starting to wonder if the police do have an idea of what's happened but can't catch the perps or believe Corrie has gone AWOL hence discussing scaling the operation down.
We all think there's more to this story than we're being told, I just wonder if ANYONE actually knows anything more than we've managed to piece together??
Where is Corrie?!

Well if you leave aside everything shared by the family we have:

Corrie last seen at 03:25 on CCTV
Police state all theories still on the table. Nothing ruled out
Nobody/vehicle traced so far (4+ vehicles, 40+ people) saw or have been linked to Corrie
His phone made it to within ~3 miles of Barton Mills mast

It is beginning to look like he was lonely, especially considering the long calls to his brother, obtaining the puppy for company, desperate for company on this night and drowning his sorrows. We now have confusion over the timeline whether police contrived or by mistake I do not know but this seems a strange state of affairs.

When I read it back it makes me wonder about Corries state of mind. Was he lonely? I do believe everyone who knew Corrie from home who knew him as happy, fun, full of life. But that's not how it's coming across as life on base was for him. Not one friend (RAF or otherwise, because I'm sure after 3 years he had friends from outside of the military if he was indeed a regular on the club scene) from BSE or surrounding areas has come forward to say anything about Corries personality, that night, previous nights. All the people talking about what a good guy he was in media reports have been staff from bars, clubs or takeaways. Did he actually have may true friends away from home or are they all occasional drinking buddies?

Might explain the puppy? Bit of company perhaps?

About the same as we knew on thread one?! :/

Well if you leave aside everything shared by the family we have:

Corrie last seen at 03:25 on CCTV
Police state all theories still on the table. Nothing ruled out
Nobody/vehicle traced so far (4+ vehicles, 40+ people) saw or have been linked to Corrie
His phone made it to within ~3 miles of Barton Mills mast

A couple of interesting bits in the EADT Report said that Corrie had never caused any trouble before, which would indicate that he did that night, even though it was not reported as such.
It also refers to the bin lorry as not showing anything currently. I presume that this is still part of the investigation then?

I've said the same thing all along. He was not in a band of brothers

All this sounds very plausible but let's not rule out terrorist obduction as there was an attempt to obduct an American serviceman while out jogging. He was clearly being followed and luckily managed to fight off his obductors. Corrie was clearly drunk but a fight young man and I believe it would have taken more than one person to over come him. I just hope some evidence of his whereabouts is forthcoming very soon !!!!
You mean the attempted abduction at marham that happened near base? In my opinion this is entirely different. Corrie wasn't marked as a serviceman and nowhere near base.

The one think that stands out to me is flex, he was only in the club about 30 mins, not to drunk to go in but 30 mins later asked to leave, that would be 2 drinks at the most as probely had to wait at the bar for around ten mins to even get served and have first drink, even this doesn't sit right to me, we're told this and told that but not told any real facts whatsoever ,

I touched in this in the last thread. Robin Williams said that when everyone has that expectation of being the funny guy you put that mask on and give people what they want, but often it's to hide how desperately depressed you are or how much you're struggling (as we know he was)

The description of Corrie that night strikes me of a good facade. The fact that it appears his friends were just trying to ditch him all night supports that his outgoing nature was more for show. Him wanting to make his own way home and eating his food outside is so solitary.

As for the next update, we won't hear anything if value in terms of facts. The next one will be all about the search and nothing more.

The one think that stands out to me is flex, he was only in the club about 30 mins, not to drunk to go in but 30 mins later asked to leave, that would be 2 drinks at the most as probely had to wait at the bar for around ten mins to even get served and have first drink, even this doesn't sit right to me, we're told this and told that but not told any real facts whatsoever ,
Looks like our timings are wrong originally scorpio. This guy says he was asked to leave flex at 01:20 thats 40 mins after we had him leaving so he could have been there longer than we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch