UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clue this be the "strong lead" mentioned earlier on this thread?

The scenario that we're working out today is that he's been hit by a car, someone's put him in a car and thought he was injured but unfortunately it's turned out worse than that and they've dumped him somewhere, so all areas throughout the King's forest that you can get to with a vehicle and quite easily get rid of someone if you had to."

– ANDY KING, SUFFOLK LOWLAND SEARCH & RESCUE

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016-12-17/search-takes-place-for-missing-raf-honington-airman

Does anyone remember if there were reports of upturned land in the area?

Sorry... this may be a local slang difference here lol. To me that reads as if they are stopping the searches lol. Do u mean it's going up a gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry... this may be a local slang difference here lol. To me that reads as if they are stopping the searches lol. Do u mean it's going up a gear?

I would think "winding up" as in "stopping for the day" due to losing daylight. Might be wrong!

Sorry... this may be a local slang difference here lol. To me that reads as if they are stopping the searches lol. Do u mean it's going up a gear? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think dc means for the day. I believe they were searching until 3pm. It's now 3.23pm.

What do you mean dc? For the day or for good?

One of those linguistic ironies - to wind a search up and to wind a search down both mean to bring it to a close.

I assume for the day since the light is just starting to go now.

One of those linguistic ironies - to wind a search up and to wind a search down both mean to bring it to a close.

I assume for the day since the light is just starting to go now.

But yet to 'crank it up' would be to intensify it! Go figure!

Hopefully cotswoldemmie will be back soon, and will be able to give us an update. Very brave to go searching!

What do you mean dc? For the day or for good?

For the day, 7 hour search msm puts search end at 3pm. I probably should have put winding down! Sorry about that.

The scenario that we're working out today is that he's been hit by a car, someone's put him in a car and thought he was injured but unfortunately it's turned out worse than that and they've dumped him somewhere, so all areas throughout the King's forest that you can get to with a vehicle and quite easily get rid of someone if you had to."

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016-12-17/search-takes-place-for-missing-raf-honington-airman

Too much Poor family :(

Interesting it been elaborated to say they're looking to vehicle access in the forest to dump a body specifically. I still think it's far fetched. If a body has been dumped in the forest it's got to have been an intentional harming not accidentally hitting someone in the dark? (I mean who would actually hide the body opposed to drive off/call an ambulance/police?)

Depends if they were over the alcohol limit? could they still be done for manslaughter even if you were sober and it was accidental? I'm a bit woolly with the law and accidental death....they may have momentarily dozed off at the wheel?? Who knows?

Someone who was already banned from driving?

Someone without insurance?

Someone who was driving drunk?

Would you not drive off? If there's no witnesses and no obvious cctv you could perhaps blag if it came back on you that you thought it was an animal (as we discussed earlier) you couldn't prove the driver wouldn't have necessarily seen him based on clothes even though it would be a good argument. If he said he didn't see him then what can you do? Isn't that better than being potentially caught without a licence or drunk and a body in your car?

Depends if they were over the alcohol limit? could they still be done for manslaughter even if you were sober and it was accidental? I'm a bit woolly with the law and accidental death....they may have momentarily dozed off at the wheel?? Who knows?

Im a bit too lazy to write it out again but I replied to melmoth. Accidentally hitting someone and killing them by driving negligently (or even a genuine accident) is one thing but to commit a criminal offence by transporting and hiding a dead body?

Interesting it been elaborated to say they're looking to vehicle access in the forest to dump a body specifically. I still think it's far fetched. If a body has been dumped in the forest it's got to have been an intentional harming not accidentally hitting someone in the dark? (I mean who would actually hide the body opposed to drive off/call an ambulance/police?)

Also how does this scenario jive with the family insisting he couldn't leave the horseshoe on foot? This scenario would be based on him walking on a unlit country road and getting hit.

Unless they think he was hit in the horseshoe area and taken away? *thinks about the damaged wall*

and even with all this in mind, it could still have been accidental

Possibly, but it could well still mean serious prison time - up to 14 years for the worst cases.

Even leaving a body by the roadside and calling it in anonymously would trigger a major police enquiry and a search for damaged vehicles.

Would you not drive off? If there's no witnesses and no obvious cctv you could perhaps blag if it came back on you that you thought it was an animal (as we discussed earlier) you couldn't prove the driver wouldn't have necessarily seen him based on clothes even though it would be a good argument. If he said he didn't see him then what can you do? Isn't that better than being potentially caught without a licence or drunk and a body in your car?

I agree with you, I would think the quoted theory by Sulsar is unlikely.
If Corrie was walking through King's Forest he was likely sticking to the road (no street lighting I imagine) and yes, could have been hit by a vehicle. Hit and run is a much more believable option.

Can anyone local tell me how big King's Forest is please? I cannot find anything on google.

Also would this area make a reasonable route if Corrie was walking from BSE to Mildenhall, or is it too much of a diversion? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member