UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In work here so reading as I work. One word - jiggly [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read it as 'jiggy' (and you don't want it in your Google search history, it's even more, ahem, descriptive than jiggly. And it's what Will Smith sang).

FYI that's African-American slang and I read it in a James Bond book. Honest.

No Wlm, 'JIGGLE'. Imagination required me thinks ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Gettin jiggle with it! Nah nah nahhh nah nah nahhh nah nahhh!" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Awww this gave me a good laugh today midsummer - thanks [emoji3]! Lots of very late male shoppers in work today [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The owner of the Pizza Mamma Mia takeaway states that Corrie buys food there about every 2 to 3 weeks so we can assume he was a regular customer there. The owner would have known if Corrie regularly bought that amount of food, or if that particular day he bought an excess. Additionally, we do not know if it was unusual for him to be alone buying his food or if that was normal. Obviously we do not know although the police surely do. I have to say though, that personally and from experience I don't find 2 burgers, chips and a kebab excessive for a 23 year-old man!

Corrie has been at RAF Honington for 3 years. If during that time he went to BSE every 2 to 3 weeks due to the statement from the owner of Pizza Mamma Mia, he must know BSE very well. Can we therefore assume that his walk towards Hughes doorway with his food was something that he had done previously, perhaps even on a regular basis? By association, he would also have known the horseshoe area. My point here is that he most likely wasn't walking into a blind alley, it would have been somewhere he had been before, whether to relieve himself after the drinking, or for other unknown reasons.

There is so much information that we are not privy to, but on what we can surmise and taking a path closest to normality, I would suggest:

Corrie gets up from Hughes doorway (I would really like to know what he was doing between 3:08 when he last used his phone and 3:24 when he entered the horseshoe area).

He enters the Horseshoe with the sole intention to relieve himself. He then approaches a parked vehicle that perhaps he recognises with occupant/occupants inside. He enters the vehicle and they sit talking or engaged in some other activity.

When the bin lorry arrives the occupants in the parked vehicle are perhaps disturbed by the noise, or feel that morning is not too far away and there will be an increasing number of people entering the horseshoe, so they decide to drive to a more secluded area out of the town. At this point I am in agreement with MidsummersDay, in that they are driving behind the bin lorry towards Barton MIlls. However, perhaps they were a minute or so behind it, as surely when the bin lorry driver was interviewed by the police one of their first questions would have been "was there anyone driving directly in front or behind you?"

The above would explain the phone pings, and take out the phone ever entering the bin scenario.

Other than perhaps the phone battery giving out, what happens next we just don't know.

JMO

Links to the above information we know to have occurred are found on http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/

Bad reaction to something taken to get the party going?

For that scenario to play out (which I can accept), he would need to leave the house and make a polite excuse to exit stage left. If it's a house, he would probably be seen and definitely in the hours after 0600 (sun up).
If it's a car, again he'd be seen as the vehicle would presumably be on a hard standing like a car park etc UNLESS they were already in a secluded area.
Extrapolate from that the fact that this driver is Corrie's only salvation and helpline. I'm sure the driver would have helped to a certain degree like taking him nearer to civilisation UNLESS he was hell bent on harming Corrie?

For that scenario to play out (which I can accept), he would need to leave the house and make a polite excuse to exit stage left. If it's a house, he would probably be seen and definitely in the hours after 0600 (sun up).
If it's a car, again he'd be seen as the vehicle would presumably be on a hard standing like a car park etc UNLESS they were already in a secluded area.
Extrapolate from that the fact that this driver is Corrie's only salvation and helpline. I'm sure the driver would have helped to a certain degree like taking him nearer to civilisation UNLESS he was hell bent on harming Corrie?

I meant Corrie could have died in the car if he took something like a 'legal' high or one of those nitrous oxide bubble things and had a bad reaction. No harm intended if the driver offered it to him, just something to relax or enhance the occasion....

I meant Corrie could have died in the car if he took something like a 'legal' high or one of those nitrous oxide bubble things and had a bad reaction. No harm intended if the driver offered it to him, just something to relax or enhance the occasion....

That's a good point. And if the driver offered it to Corrie, then he might feel complicit and less likely to drive to a hospital if Corrie was clearly beyond help.

Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while but have really enjoyed and appreciated all of your inputs from afar.
For what it's worth I still believe that Corrie went for a pee, popped his phone down on the bin and then started to walk home and got disorientated..
It wasn't that warm that night though it was in the day ( we had the fire lit) and of course alcohol and sleeping in the outside elements can cause hypothermia and therefore disorientation to set in.
I'm sad to say that the Suffolk countryside is bleak at points and vast and that he'll be found in due course.
It goes without saying that I hope that I'm wrong but sometimes the simple explanation is the most truthful.

Has the idea been discussed that someone thought Corrie had access to items, as being an RAF medic - findcorrie.co.uk, not to say he was handing out or even partaking - but the other angle being friendly chat, I'm a medic etc turning and leading to pressure .. with raves and parties abound it seems, they thought he could get hold of something maybe?

Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while but have really enjoyed and appreciated all of your inputs from afar.
For what it's worth I still believe that Corrie went for a pee, popped his phone down on the bin and then started to walk home and got disorientated..
It wasn't that warm that night though it was in the day ( we had the fire lit) and of course alcohol and sleeping in the outside elements can cause hypothermia and therefore disorientation to set in.
I'm sad to say that the Suffolk countryside is bleak at points and vast and that he'll be found in due course.
It goes without saying that I hope that I'm wrong but sometimes the simple explanation is the most truthful.
I'm inclined to agree, but why aren't the police searching for his body? It makes me think that they're not so sure.

Surely for the phone to be in the bin lorry it would have had to be thrown in the back of the moving lorry, seeing the number of bins there 7 approx and only ONE collected at that time then back to recycling waste landfill - What are the chances it was put in that one exact bin. I am also surprised the lorry can turn around in that area with the parked cars and wheel one of the bins, for one manned vehicle seems a bit of a game.

Suffolk police to be fair aren't saying a great deal so I'm not convinced that they aren't.

Surely we would know if they were searching? I don't think searches like that are ever kept secret. I could be wrong on that though.

Surely we would know if they were searching? I don't think searches like that are ever kept secret. I could be wrong on that though.

They have been searching though or SULSAR have. Lots. Just because they haven't found him yet doesn't mean he's not there.

I live in Suffolk surrounded by fields. It would take me days to search them. Just the immediate area.

I keep reading that he turned down a lift from the American airman but still can't find anything to substantiate this.

In my mind he was drunk ( fell asleep in the doorway) woke up, went for a pee, lost his phone and thought oh rubbish I better start walking.

They have been searching though or SULSAR have. Lots. Just because they haven't found him yet doesn't mean he's not there.

I live in Suffolk surrounded by fields. It would take me days to search them. Just the immediate area.

I keep reading that he turned down a lift from the American airman but still can't find anything to substantiate this.

In my mind he was drunk ( fell asleep in the doorway) woke up, went for a pee, lost his phone and thought oh rubbish I better start walking.
Sulsar have been, yes, but the police don't seem to be arranging searches. I could be wrong, but the lack of police-searches makes me question whether the police and family are on the same page. I agree that an accident on the way home seems the most likely, but the mobile phone anomaly and the lack of CCTV footage of him leaving make me wonder about what might seem like less likely scenarios, if that makes sense. If it is the case that he couldn't have walked out (the police haven't stated this explicitly, but the family seem sure and say that the police support their view), the fact that there is no clear information on the vehicle he left in or the driver of that vehicle makes me think that someone else was involved in his disappearance.

Sulsar have been, yes, but the police don't seem to be arranging searches. I could be wrong, but the lack of police-searches makes me question whether the police and family are on the same page. I agree that an accident on the way home seems the most likely, but the mobile phone anomaly and the lack of CCTV footage of him leaving make me wonder about what might seem like less likely scenarios, if that makes sense. If it is the case that he couldn't have walked out (the police haven't stated this explicitly, but the family seem sure and say that the police support their view), the fact that there is no clear information on the vehicle he left in or the driver of that vehicle makes me think that someone else was involved in his disappearance.

In the first few weeks there were search teams daily. In fact it seemed that they were searching the same places over and over again. The land is quite open and flat with few wooded areas. If Corrie was to be found on any route back to Honington, I'm pretty sure he would have been by now. Here are regular pheasant shoots, and the game keepers would notice Corrie I am certain.

In the first few weeks there were search teams daily. In fact it seemed that they were searching the same places over and over again. The land is quite open and flat with few wooded areas. If Corrie was to be found on any route back to Honington, I'm pretty sure he would have been by now. Here are regular pheasant shoots, and the game keepers would notice Corrie I am certain.
I didn't realise that. I didn't know about Corrie until a few weeks ago so maybe some bits and pieces have passed me by. Thank you for that. Do you think the police feel that they have exhausted the "accident en route home" scenario then? Obviously there is still the possibility that he was heading elsewhere, I guess.

attachment.php

I walked through the Horseshoe the other night and took this photo. It's roughly how Corrie was facing when he walked out of CCTV coverage. Two things strike me: at least one of the bins not locked as rubbish is wedging it open. The second is the open door in the white panelling in the far corner. I'd never noticed it before and I lived in the centre of Bury St edmunds for 6 years (live just outside now). Whilst I was looking at my phone someone jogged past me and up the steps to the door, there's a staircase beyond it. Don't know if it's a flat or offices up there, but the door has number '26' beside it. Doesn't seem to be 26 Short Brackland, I've been trying to work out where it leads to, it's not Superdrug as that's to the left. If it's the next property to Superdrug, that's Carphone Warehouse.

what do you mean by the extra staircase? we can see ones in the right corner up to the white door - where are the others? what a headache in a fire. getting people out of those buildings

Most probably, though sometimes even a completely innocent person withholds info.

Thats ts partly why I've got a bee in my bonnet about the military thing. People close ranks, protect themselves and each other, and might be more reluctant to come forward in certain circumstances. Likewise with the police.

But I agree that on balance an innocent lift looks like a less likely option here.

the thought of closing ranks is a bit scarey! it could however be true? especially if those in the know arent too sure who did what?

I didn't realise that. I didn't know about Corrie until a few weeks ago so maybe some bits and pieces have passed me by. Thank you for that. Do you think the police feel that they have exhausted the "accident en route home" scenario then? Obviously there is still the possibility that he was heading elsewhere, I guess.

My feeling is that the Police don't believe there is anything to be found. How long do you keep searching religiously for a missing person when you have absolutely no evidence? This is my opinion obviously.

IMO the Stn Cdr is playing things down. As I've posted before, you cant even say anything untoward on references when people leave the service, even for disciplinary reasons.

Also, there are many layers of management between an airman and the Stn Cdr,so whilst I expect Corrie to have been known to his boss I wouldn't expect things like Corrie wandering off on a night out to have been known. That's why I wondered if there was anyone above the rank of airman in Corrie's social group; just one rank up so still junior enough to think it's a bit of a laugh. Also, it's the kind of thing that may have been talked about in the teabar at work or in the bar so could have been picked up on. However, gunners aren't rocket scientists and with peer pressure I have doubts as to whether any of them would deliberately flag it up.

Its not breaking military law to go off on your own, but bases publish 'routine orders' where they will inform staff of things like specific local issues or protocol for a night out. It's personal responsibility to make sure you are aware of the orders and follow them. I'm sure the Honington personnel will have been reminded of things like this since Corrie's disappearance! And his 'mates':will have been spoken to.

its interesting what you say about someone junior but up a rank. maybe there was some sort of crazy prank that went wrong. other people on the base are bound to be suspicious? they cant tell anyone because they arent sure what to be suspicious of. just a "KNOWING" so how can you get those people to come out and say who they suspect knows something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01