UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've talked at length about Barton Mills and the dodgy layby. I want to also point out that there have been other incidents within the travelling community at Mildenhall and also in Ipswich. I think that it's good to have a picture of what goes on within the local area as a whole. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tives-men-shot-dead-travellers-site-feud.html http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/mildenha...urder_at_willow_park_traveller_site_1_1747237 There have also been two murders of the travelling community at Ipswich only a couple of weeks ago. http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016...rt-charged-with-murder-of-two-men-in-ipswich/ The reason I also want to point this out is that the police searched Beck Row and we were pondering what was there. I pointed out at the time that there's a scrapyard, I didn't realise this is the location of the travellers site. http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/police-search-beck-row-missing-12179398 I say this without prejudice, I think its important to know that there have been other incidents of violence within the Mildenhall / Barton Mills area.
didnt the travellers move on very quickly after corrie went missing? im not sure where i read that. what if corrie was caught by some of the gypsy lads on a sex site? attacked a solider to rob? seems far fetched though?

I had a thunk last night as I seem to be fixated on a certain area of this case. A while back I posted some maps with timings that had been agreed by the majority of the group. However, that majority seem to have now fallen by the wayside and fresh eyes and members have joined the forum. These new members have given a valuable new insight into the ideas behind the phone timings and so they're open for review again.

A new member last night posted an image of the white slatted door which I looked at for at least a full minute (about two dozen posts back). Surprisingly after awhile, I noticed a car in the same photo. This got me thinking. If it took me several moments to notice the car....why couldn't Corrie do the same? His jog and then saunter towards the rear of the 'Horseshoe' suggests that surely?

Now for the phone timings...
I'm now giving great thought towards a Grindr contact in the local pubs or nightclub that night (see my earlier post for reasons).
What if diplomacy protocols meant that Corrie met the person in their car in the darkened rear of the 'Horseshoe' and sat in it for awhile (at least from 0324 onwards)? That car could have been parked there ALL evening even before Corrie and the lads even arrived in BSE. We know that parking in town was difficult otherwise Corrie would have parked in a normal parking bay and not a disabled bay. It would give Corrie, his phone and his 'guest' time to get aquatinted locally. Then a short time later, the bin lorry arrives (0405ish) and it's headlights temporarily disturb them both and carries out the emptying of the bins by the driver who is now by the side of the vehicle operating the lifting ram. They both get frustrated as the bin lorry starts its circular exiting manoeuvre and decide to leave themselves in the car towards BM/M getting stuck behind said lorry practically all the way to Mil.
The phone signal (by now approx 0420-0430) would be delayed from leaving the mast area footprint, no one would see them in the car as it would have steamed windows and so no witnesses, the CCTV camera wouldn't pick up the vehicle as its already parked there in the dark and has and has been all evening, the average speed of the phone and vehicle leaving would be lower because it's behind the bin lorry along the A1101 and it would meet the nearly all the requirements of our case?
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
your "thunking" sounds very plausible. i am still not convinced corrie and / or his phone travelled anywhere near the bin lorry. there are other small roads within the 5km radius we keep hearing about in the phones cell phone ping accuracy. plenty cut offs also to lonely road and tracks for some continuation of a sexual liason

My feeling is that the Police don't believe there is anything to be found. How long do you keep searching religiously for a missing person when you have absolutely no evidence? This is my opinion obviously.
I think the same. But only based on a layman's observation.

I was wrong about Adrian Lynch and I might be wrong again ;-) My hope is that he's alive. (I think we all feel that way!)

I'm still here midsummer and I just lost a long reply lol

The general gist was that the door thing is super interesting. Dcmh covers alcohol education among other things. I don't think it's a stretch to consider his co knew of his behaviour but was unconcerned as he wasn't receiving help or treatment for it.

We've touched on whether he was depressed or overcompensating with his larger than life's persona, or if it's showing something like ADHD. Little things like parking in a disabled bay <modsnip>

Corries behaviour may be normal to him but that doesn't mean it's not a result of any issue he may or may not Be dealing with (at raf marham) hence the co's statements.
corrie's behaviour keeps being presented as "normal" for a work hard play hard type of guy. his uncle tony calls him a social hand grenade which means he is known for being extreme. some might say his behaviour was a bit unstable? this must have come to someone's attention at his work?

Most of the news has been local or on morning tv when people are at work. So whilst it looks like a big search it is just local. Thinking back at when other missing people went nationwide there was evidence of foul play. Sadly for Corrie there is nothing. Imo a true representation of him may shift this stalemate.

i agree that the representation of corrie needs to change in order to get more people talking. if you had some sort of suspicion, the good golden boy image that is being presented might make you apprehensive of telling of the negative aspects you either know or suspect. it does not suddenly turn corrie into a bad guy but opens the door to for exploration of other aspects of his life. they arent going to find it all out looking at his phone or internet records. some of your life remains in your head

Mary told the Fife Herald how she and Oliver had put up a five-figure sum as a reward for information leading to the safe return of Corrie almost as soon as he went missing.

this statement seems very odd to me, both rewards went public in about week 9 or 10 I think, was Nicola trying to keep the grandparents reward quiet, I can do better then you 50k from unknown , I suspect that is family money put together to out do the grandparents, IMO , <modsnip>
this is just IMO only - when the granny Mary and her husband Oliver put up the reward, the page appeared a few hours later. i do not think the would have raised so much money so quicky if it hadnt been for that reward. everything i read was saying what a shame it was for those grandparents putting up their life savings and so the public ( me included) dug deep into their pockets and raised the £30k really quickly. i don't begrudge the money as nicola is entitled to do what she can to get her son's body back.

Completely out of nowhere comment and not related to anything at all, but one of my earlier theories was Corrie being attacked by a male-on-male sex attacker who left Corrie's body in Thetford forest between Lakenheath and Brandon.
- this is possible but the distance you just mentioned in square miles is vast. sooooooooooooooooooooooo many hours searching.

hmm....
Hook up gone wrong
Random abduction
Accident assault
Spontaneous AWOL
Planned AWOL
Natural accident
Suicide
Terrorism

is it too insensitive to ask this ? "why has nobody suggested a homophobic attack" Corrie was well known to locals and his lifestyle an open secret. gaybashers aren't they are often called and are nasty vile violent people. according to uncle Tony, Corrie was lucky with the girls. That combination is possibly the reason someone wanted to harm him.

And not have a curfew? And not be supervised? And allow random people to turn up to stop with a friend? And you'd leave your dog, drive into town, drink, party, get a takeaway then decide to go to rehab?

IMO the fact that Corrie was so quickly reported as a missing person says that he might be a cheeky chappy, but he's reliable, punctual and for him not to turn up to work is v serious, not that he might be in rehab or gone on a bender.
ive thought always that he did seem to be a really good worker. he was in raf 3 years or a bit more? it might seem like raf took ages to report him missing to police but he was allowed space and privacy. only when he or work did his friends obviously realise this was something out of the ordinary. his commander took prompt action

Actually, thinking about this one. How is it possible for a person to become deceased inside a car?

Hook up/Driver attack (strangulation, stabbing, one punch...).
Corrie ill health (heart attack, 24hr bug, D&V, swallowed tongue...).
?
...?

i agree with every scenario you have written, but why inside a car? have you not looked at the area between bury and thetford and seen all the remote locations? honington to lakenheath you get dozens more. whatever direction there are remote places

I'm of the opinion at the moment a definite Hookup has been arranged (as with the consensus) and Corrie has either;
....dropped his phone down the side of the car seat (baggy pocket trousers on CCTV) whilst onroute to their destination, then succumbed to his injuries sustained in an attack by the driver OR
....dropped his phone outside of the car whilst getting out of the car at a location within the BM/M mast footprint (Corrie carrying on on foot towards Hon and sustained injuries from an attack or external forces (broken leg, head injury, deadfall, drowning, hypothermia etc).
Thoughts as always welcomed.

the person or the people involved in the hookup might be totally different to the person or people who harmed him. i agree with this scenario as plausible possible...........but.......where is corrie ?

If Corrie's body was taken by car somewhere, and it was only one person, then surely they can't drag a body too far into the woods? That's assuming they could get it into a car...I assume that would be possible if it was done within an hour of death? Say a fireman's lift into the car and then dragging through a few feet of forest at the other end of the journey.

I did have a look just now on google maps to look for roads within the 5k radius that were country roads and no houses too close and had decent forest at the side of the road. There don't seem to be too many spots that fit the bill, and from what I've read I don't think Sulsar have searched any places like that yet.

How do men tend to 'bury' bodies in woods? Do they tend to leave them open and maybe camouflage with some armfuls of fallen leaves or dig a shallow grave?

How do men tend to 'bury' bodies in woods? Do they tend to leave them open and maybe camouflage with some armfuls of fallen leaves or dig a shallow grave?

RSBM

I suppose that depends on what's available at the time. There would be no DIY stores open at that sort of time in the morning so you've got the choice of taking the body home with you and coming back later, dumping the body and coming back with a shovel or making do with what you have in the vehicle.
I can't remember what the weather was like back then but I can imagine the ground would be pretty hard, especially with tree roots everywhere.
But then again, had the leaves started to fall at that point? how much would actually be around to cover him with?

Well folks, 13 weeks down the line and we are still no further forward. I had really hoped that for the families sake Corrie would have been found by now, preferably with a nice tan & a brilliant story to tell but unfortunately not.

To sum up on a few comments of Corries personality from what we have been told/seen.... Corries behaviour does not seem odd to me at all, he is very much like myself & his weekends are not too far off my own, big pre drinks, pub crawls, singing in the bar with the band, talking to strangers, then onto a nightclub where he was too pissed and was asked to leave - that's pretty much standard lol. Being SO alike to his personality (I love how Tony describes him as a social hand grenade, I'll be using that term from now on - work hard & play hard!) the thing that strikes me as odd about his night is the waiting. That IS odd. He was offered a free lift home with his food, no one would decide to sit for hours in a doorway whilst pissed and tired UNLESS he had other plans in mind for later on.
"Normal" behaviour for me if I'm that drunk is to bail into the first taxi or lift I can get my hands on and go home, I would never sit about the town. This is why I have been set on my theory of a meet up gone wrong for so long, it's the only valid reason in my own head as to why he would wait around.
Corrie was, from what we've been told, a real ladies man, often not coming home over the weekend because he'd pulled over the weekend - I believe it too, look at him, he's beautiful!
Now, I see there's been pictures of a door of an AA place we didn't know about? This throws a spanner in the works... I still believe he went to the horseshoe area with the intentions of meeting someone to go elsewhere BUT is there a chance that something happened inside that building??! "Corrie was never seen leaving on foot from that area"... leaves us with 2 options - he left in a vehicle or he never left... now, according to reports, the area was checked and there was no sign of Corrie either forensically or otherwise except for cctv footage. I would be double checking that AA place just to be sure.

I absolutely do not believe Corrie has went AWOL, not for one second, between his character, his lifestyle and his love for his family, people like that do not go awol and they certainly wouldn't put their family through all that grief. Although I am still baffled as to why he is not officially listed as missing on missing.org.

Anyway, I'm going to sign off here for the holidays.

Thank you to everyone here, you are all fantastic, your posts and thoughts are brilliant and I even get the odd laugh at a few of them! [emoji23]!

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and I'll get caught up with you all for more sleuthing after the festivities [emoji173]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep reading that Corrie turned down a lift, I remember reading that the takeaway worker said he ' could have ' given him a lift, not that it was ever offered or refused. I might be wrong, and might have missed someone who did offer him a lift, if so did Corrie feel uncomfortable with them, enough to refuse the lift.

I hope someone can post the link from eadt re Tom Hardy' s appeal on here I can't do links. <modsnip> We all hope C is safe somewhere. Nadolig Llawen.

I keep reading that Corrie turned down a lift, I remember reading that the takeaway worker said he ' could have ' given him a lift, not that it was ever offered or refused. I might be wrong, and might have missed someone who did offer him a lift, if so did Corrie feel uncomfortable with them, enough to refuse the lift.
I believe the lift was offered by the American in the black t shirt but was not taken up by C. He was in takeaway with a female friend and was getting a taxi apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01