UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway i know I'm sad it xmas eve and time for family etc but i cant get it out my head this big wait thing Corrie was obviously doing....... Whats eating away at me is this Corrie was known to wonder off and even find a party i get that but i really do believe he wouldn't meet someone without someone even if its just one person knowing. All young lads like to brag and unless he was bundled into a car which i personally think there would of been a struggle of some kind Corrie has ment this person before and someone knows. It may be a fake person but i think Corrie going to the horseshoe wasn't a first time thing.

RSBM

I suppose that depends on what's available at the time. There would be no DIY stores open at that sort of time in the morning so you've got the choice of taking the body home with you and coming back later, dumping the body and coming back with a shovel or making do with what you have in the vehicle.
I can't remember what the weather was like back then but I can imagine the ground would be pretty hard, especially with tree roots everywhere.
But then again, had the leaves started to fall at that point? how much would actually be around to cover him with?
burying a body is not that easy! you would need to go down a few feet and 6ft long at least. dry hard ground, maybe filled with old tree and vegetation roots. a better place would be inside some building ruins? or under piles of leaves and forest debris? even looking on google earth, i see quite a few places where you could hide a body - places with small tracks not available on street view but still you can drive on them. i think if this was some sort of accident or prank gone wrong, then corrie will have been dumped quickly. why walk a mile in the woods when there are other roadside places easier to reach or indeed old run down buildings which seem to be scattered about everywhere in that part of the country

If Corrie was to be found on any route back to Honington, I'm pretty sure he would have been by now. Here are regular pheasant shoots, and the game keepers would notice Corrie I am certain.

Indeed, and I wonder if any of the local hunts have Boxing Day meets in the area. The hounds are likely to go into woodland during the course of the day.

Hi earthspirit,
we've looked at all options which is why we are ten threads in and still no satisfactory conclusion. We seem to have made headway though in that he left in a vehicle (see votes earlier).
We seem to be now basing his last known position on the phone updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
so how about he was in barton mills near the roundabout and where his phone last pinged. so what if he was hitching back to raf honington and the "accident" has happened along that route?

I meant was Corrie's clubbing group a mixture of airmen and corporals, with the corporals knowing Corrie liked to wander off on his own and thinking that his behaviour was a laugh; Corrie's disappeared cos he's pulled again, nudge, wink. But not advising Corrie to be more responsible or flagging it up to someone to have a word.

I don't think it's a military prank because I just don't think your average airman could keep it quiet. It's amazing what you pick up on just wandering round your section for a chat or hearing what's discussed in the tea bar.
well potentially, if the possible killer/s were connected to the military, whether that be mildenhall lakenheath or honington, they arent going to tell anyone are they? there might be gossip and rumour, but if they dont know and werent there, there is nothing to keep quiet. this isnt just a military prank gone wrong is it? more like a brutal attack that has led to serious injury and ultimately death. would you accuse a work colleague just because they came in very late and drunk or with cuts bruises or all dirty? yes you might, but not if they have a plausible scenario to cover themselves

- this is possible but the distance you just mentioned in square miles is vast. sooooooooooooooooooooooo many hours searching.

It's a vast area, yes, but I think a lot of it could be done on horseback. One person on a horse could cover a fair area each day riding around fields checking hedges and ditches quite quickly. It would be pretty obvious if his body was in the middle of a field, so it really is the edges of fields in farmland that need to be checked, other than the forestry areas. People on horseback could also do an initial search of the rides, ie the access tracks between the stands of trees in the plantations, and depending on the topography and ground cover could possibly search within those stands.

I hope they've also talked to the local orienteering clubs and asked them to keep an eye out for anything they may come across. Orienteers are likely to know the forests well and cut through stands of trees rather than sticking to the tracks.

As I've said previously, I still think this is a hook up gone wrong, perhaps organised via a dating app. It did occur to me last night that he could have arranged an anonymous meet only to discover that it was somebody from the base (not all profiles have a face picture), and thereafter the person decided that Corrie would not be able to keep their secret.
that is an interesting theory not read before. ALSO now ive read your words - what if someone intentionally set up corrie for a nasty reason and then it escalated?

Indeed, and I wonder if any of the local hunts have Boxing Day meets in the area. The hounds are likely to go into woodland during the course of the day.
another good idea - also its holidays so there might be more people out walking off hangovers or just taking children out for walks in woods - maybe this season to be jolly will turn out a bit sinister for some family or rambler. at least corrie would then be found

according to uncle Tony, Corrie was lucky with the girls. That combination is possibly the reason someone wanted to harm him.

Is that true though? He seems to have had at least one girlfriend in Scotland. I can't remember now if he had had one while he was in Suffolk, but I do remember comments early on that he invariably seems to have left pubs and nightclubs without picking anyone, especially women, up.

If his thing was casual quickies with either sex arranged over an app (and I'm not saying that was the case but it's something we've been speculating on for many weeks), that's not what I would describe as "lucky" with either sex.

RSBM
But then again, had the leaves started to fall at that point? how much would actually be around to cover him with?

That rather depends on the type of woodland we might be talking about. The forestry plantations are almost all conifers, with some broadleaf (ie deciduous) areas round the edges to break up the monotony of the conifers and provide habitats for wildlife. And of the conifers only the larch (cue Monty Python jokes) is deciduous. Therefore in the forest there wouldn't be a lot of leaf fall to cover a body. There might however be undergrowth such as bracken and brambles, like that we saw Nicola wading through in the search last weekend.

Corrie was a gunner in the RAF Regiment. Medic was just an extra responsibility he was given with his unit, so prob a bit of extra training in treating wounds, administering painkillers, but he's not going to have easy access to drugs.

Not on an ongoing basis, no, but on exercise and if deployed he probably would have.

I used to work with a woman who was a team medic in the TA. On exercise she carried the full medical kit she would carry in the field, including morphine, but obviously it when it came to the doses they counted them all out and counted them all back in again. No chance for any to go missing or being unaccounted for.

It's such a shame jamesking isn't about. He was always so focussed on that wait, and I do believe it was a wait. I think he'd have some good insights into that couple of hours.

For me, a wait indicated someone he knows, pre arranged. Why wait for a hookup, is sex really that exciting that you'd wait about outside after a heavy night of drinking for two hours? Ditto a party.

Someone does know exactly what his plans were and in my opinion that is the third party that drove to pick him up.

Regardless, I would have thought woodland would be soggy and moist on the ground in September. Especially with a sandy base.

Not necessarily This was a very dry autumn. Farmers in the West Midlands had to delay ploughing for a couple of months because the soil was so dry.

Also, sandy soil is very well drained and much easier to dig than clay soil is.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but there was another radio interview with Tony on the Jon Gaunt show on 20th December. Link here.

burying a body is not that easy! you would need to go down a few feet and 6ft long at least. dry hard ground, maybe filled with old tree and vegetation roots. a better place would be inside some building ruins? or under piles of leaves and forest debris? even looking on google earth, i see quite a few places where you could hide a body - places with small tracks not available on street view but still you can drive on them. i think if this was some sort of accident or prank gone wrong, then corrie will have been dumped quickly. why walk a mile in the woods when there are other roadside places easier to reach or indeed old run down buildings which seem to be scattered about everywhere in that part of the country

I was thinking that roots might be a problem, assuming there was even a shovel available, but I was thinking to only go down a foot or so and then cover the body with some of the dug soil and any leaves or branches laying around.

It all depends on the mind of who is leaving a body somewhere and what they have to hand. For the scenario I was working on at the time I do think in retrospect that scenario would lead to some kind of small semi-burial.

But then there are people like Stephen Port...he wanted to display his victims. There are some things we can probably rule out just by what hasn't been found. But that still leaves a lot of things we can't rule out.

I am actually starting to get a sense that the answer isn't far off. Everything that is examined and ruled out is a step closer to what did happen. I think there are a lot of clues mixed in with all of this that for one reason or another we haven't been able to put together properly. I don't think 'we' can complete the picture, but I do think there's potential for the police to do it, and I sincerely hope that happens very soon. Evidence-gathering can take a long time in cases where they start off with no evidence and no clear idea what happened to a person. But I know it's been done before, and I just have to hope and have faith that will happen in Corrie's case.

I wish you all the best Christmas you can have, whatever your personal circumstances, and my thoughts are especially with everyone having a difficult time no matter what the reason is for that x

I'm more confused than ever now that I've listened to this.

Genuinely I feel the Police know a lot more about the case, are sharing very little with the family and that there is a huge sticking point keeping the Police quiet ( I have couple of possible reasons which I won't/can't talk about here just yet).

I just can't see the Police continuing to not do things/do them late/do them incompetently when the family have, and continue, to call them out publicly, IMO.

Still following this case daily, haven't had anything to add recently but I too feel there are far more going on behind the scenes than we know of and that Corrie is closer to being found. Sadly I don't feel that he will be found alive.
I'm working nightshift over the next few days so will check in and see if there's any news. I'd like to wish everyone a merry Christmas and spare a thought for all those missing and no longer with us.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Genuinely I feel the Police know a lot more about the case, are sharing very little with the family and that there is a huge sticking point keeping the Police quiet ( I have couple of possible reasons which I won't/can't talk about here just yet).

I just can't see the Police continuing to not do things/do them late/do them incompetently when the family have, and continue, to call them out publicly, IMO.

I agree, but, having listened to the Jon Gaunt interview with Tony Wringe linked to above, I am shocked that the other bins in the horseshoe have only very recently been taken in for forensics!

I can understand that the first thing the police thought was that Corrie had had an accident walking back to base, and therefore the horseshoe wasn't a crime scene per se, but to not even take the bins in when they found out about the bin lorry?

I agree, but, having listened to the Jon Gaunt interview with Tony Wringe linked to above, I am shocked that the other bins in the horseshoe have only very recently been taken in for forensics!

I can understand that the first thing the police thought was that Corrie had had an accident walking back to base, and therefore the horseshoe wasn't a crime scene per se, but to not even take the bins in when they found out about the bin lorry?

Normally I would agree but I just can't see the Police being that bad. More likely the Police didn't take them away because they know something that makes them irrelevant but can't/won't tell the family. They did it after 10 weeks to appease the family after being badgered to do so? If I turn out wrong here I'll put my hand up and apologise.

It could even be that the Police do suspect my early theory is possible (Corrie in General Waste bin by accident or foul play and missed) but now can't prove it? Tony does specifically mention the burning temp at the incinerator and that the workers there are supposed to rake through the ashes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01