UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt agree more. Everything's conflicting (police and website)
Just wish he could be found or a good tip off comes through

but the familyear have stated he wouldnt do that.....

I just found it odd that there were all those phone calls between Corrie and his brother that day... I suppose if you look in hindsight, if Corrie was in a sticky situation of some sort, phoning rather than leaving trace of texts would be the good cover up.

TW has recently stated that C was at Marham every two weeks. The takeaway guy said C came in every couple of weeks. So we could opine from that he only spent every second week end in Bury and had other friends and contacts in Marham too that we also know nothing about. We have only seen a few minutes of several hours of cctv. More than 40 people have not seen where he went at all, neither do his friends or family know where he is. I too think the police know more but as there may be no evidence of a criminal act (ATM) they are not sharing it for now. I feel we have looked at virtually everything that we are able to. The police began searching with the police helicopter the day after C was reported missing in the afternoon and as far as I know have looked and used many more resources than they usually do for a missing person. I hope the mystery will be resolved and believe it must be to do with the 3 vehicles or the horseshoe buildings themselves. JMO.

This is so true !! My best friend did this. She brought her children to my house to stay the night, saying she wouldn't be too late?? So I gave her a key to get in ?? She brought the kids in hung their coats up said goodnight etc etc. I never saw her again ?? Not in real life anyway

But how often do we hear of suicides being completely unexpected? I don't believe that we can base our thoughts purely on what the family say, simply because people who have problems can be very good at hiding them.

This is so true !! My best friend did this. She brought her children to my house to stay the night, saying she wouldn't be too late?? So I gave her a key to get in ?? She brought the kids in hung their coats up said goodnight etc etc. I never saw her again ?? Not in real life anyway
Gosh, how awful :-(

TW has recently stated that C was at Marham every two weeks. The takeaway guy said C came in every couple of weeks. So we could opine from that he only spent every second week end in Bury and had other friends and contacts in Marham too that we also know nothing about. We have only seen a few minutes of several hours of cctv. More than 40 people have not seen where he went at all, neither do his friends or family know where he is. I too think the police know more but as there may be no evidence of a criminal act (ATM) they are not sharing it for now. I feel we have looked at virtually everything that we are able to. The police began searching with the police helicopter the day after C was reported missing in the afternoon and as far as I know have looked and used many more resources than they usually do for a missing person. I hope the mystery will be resolved and believe it must be to do with the 3 vehicles or the horseshoe buildings themselves. JMO.

Marham every two weeks? Interesting that.

So.... any news on the cars that were discovered and "excluded" ?
Excluded? That's news to me... Anyone else?

My post about the bins was a bit wrong, by the way. Apologies. I need to think more before I post.

So.... any news on the cars that were discovered and "excluded" ?

Welcome back. I'm not sure any cars have been said to be excluded unless I missed something?

I thought the latest is: Investigations into the 3 'identified' cars continue? No update since...

Welcome back. I'm not sure any cars have been said to be excluded unless I missed something?

I thought the latest is: Investigations into the 3 'identified' cars continue? No update since...

I thought TW said they were no longer "of interest" (or words to such effect).

I maybe wrong. If I am, then the mystery is no longer a "complete" mystery ? The answer lies in one of those cars ?

I maybe wrong. If I am, then the mystery is no longer a "complete" mystery ? The answer lies in one of those cars ?

Not as far as I know. It remains that all 4 vehicles (inc bin lorry) are still being investigated. I must stress though we don't know how much or little info is being shared with Tony/family.

He just asked if people could stop speculating about the grey car. So much focus was on it and I think people were doing a lot of sleuthing and playing with photos.

I've seen this been explained before when you've asked. I think this thread has moved so quickly at times that it's easy to miss posts!

I regard myself as a Socrates "type" character.

Sadly, there are trials for that type of thought.

It is NOT that I disbelieve the narrative, just that I don't think it is the whole narrative.

In my eyes, Corrie was going to meet someone.
And likely would be sober enough to move his car later. Maybe not even far.

He just asked if people could stop speculating about the grey car. So much focus was on it and I think people were doing a lot of sleuthing and playing with photos.

I've seen this been explained before when you've asked. I think this thread has moved so quickly at times that it's easy to miss posts!

So you are effective;y saying "one of the three cars holds the mystery" ?

So, there really is "no mystery" to his disappearance ?
1. Corrie waited
2. He got onto a car

So you are effective;y saying "one of the three cars holds the mystery" ?

So, there really is "no mystery" to his disappearance ?
1. Corrie waited
2. He got onto a car

Spot on (in my opinion)

Spot on (in my opinion)

Yet...as far as we know:

1, None of the owners have been formally questioned/arrested
2, None have been eliminated

Even if there is no other evidence I would think we would have heard about owners being questioned at least? So why not a single word about these cars from Suffolk Police?

It was vehicles, not cars.

Yes, maybe. I really don't know, James. I think there is a very strong chance that he left in one of the vehicles under continuing investigation.

Yet...as far as we know:

1, None of the owners have been formally questioned/arrested
2, None have been eliminated

Even if there is no other evidence I would think we would have heard about owners being questioned at least? So why not a single word about these cars from Suffolk Police?

I must have imagined I read somewhere that they had been "identified" and "excluded" ?

BUT with no word that they even existed (from he police) or that they had been "identified" (from Suffolk police) or that the unknown, yet identified cars had been excluded....... !

I have recently witnessed a disappearance of a fellow in Spain. The Civil Guard are searching... and they are aided by local people (and dogs and helicopters) ...and it's on the news.

I have not been able to sleep tonight, and starting running through this case again and have come to the following conclusions (on the basis that they are the most likely IMO);

1) Corrie left the horseshoe area in a car having waited for a pre-arranged meet.
2) They were disturbed, or decided to move on - whichever it was they drove off in the direction that the bin lorry ultimately travelled (I think any connection to the bin lorry is a coincidence). Corrie's phone was possibly low on power given his usage that evening (or was switched off) and disconnected from the network in the BM area whilst still in the possession of Corrie or the person he met which is why it has never been traced.
3) The police have traced the cars/drivers which were in the horseshoe area at the relevant time, and given the lack of publicity, one of them is of interest and they are pursuing lines of inquiry which have come out of interviews. Without going into any detail (and completely unrelated to this case/area), as part of my previous job I was privy to information on Police investigations, and was frequently amazed at what appears in the media versus the reality of the investigation. I think in this case, the fact there is little or no information in the public domain is potentially instructive. I may well be completely wrong, and the lack of leaks from the Police is certainly unusual, although the MSM may be aware that what they know could prejudice the investigation and have decided not to make it public.

ETA - I've just spent some time watching the last CCTV in slow motion, and may have slightly changed my mind in that it's a possibility it wasn't a pre-arranged meet, or if it was Corrie expected the vehicle or person to be in Short-Brackland, which is why he was walking down that side of the lane - from his body language it looks like he didn't quiet expect whatever it was to be in the Horseshoe area, then checks to make sure he doesn't recognise anybody in the lane as he moves towards whatever it is. I still think the most likely thing that drew him to that area was through a location based app for arranging a meet.
Even in the Police haven't yet traced the vehicle I'm sure they have trawled (or are currently trawling) through all the mobile phone data to establish which other phones were operating at that time in the area, and then followed a similar path to Corrie's phone.

There is someone out there who may have had the same scenario . Lagered up feeling like they need a quick hookup. They get in the car exactly like Corrie, the person gets heavy handed and before it gets too violent or the person is taken advantage of . They know they have to go along with it. They leave the next day, feeling violated but able to leave. They convince themself that because the gave in to the 'date' its not really an attack. Time goes by the perp does the same scenario but this time Corrie fights back and pays for it. Imo the first person will recognise the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms