UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sighting at Hollows Road, was alongside a industrial estate. Reported by a motorist as someone in light clothing at 4:30.

With checking CCTV there, and the not seeing him leave HS area, they have discounted it.

Doesn't mean someone didn't give him a lift part journey though, but if someone was innocently giving him a part journey lift, why wouldn't they come forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they had been a bin lorry driver, not realising somebody had hitched on the vehicle...

Sorry, I can't remember source it was probably Suffolk Constabulary's website but IIRC they didn't rule it in or out.
They said something like "at this stage there's no evidence to suggest any 3rd party involvement'. It was said fairly early in the investigation, month 1 I believe.
I'll have to find the quote as I'm definitely paraphrasing there.

Suffolk Constabulary Corrie McKeague missing page, dated 12 October 2016
https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

"There continues to be no evidence of criminality and nothing to indicate any third party involvement, however this continues to be subject to the ongoing investigation."

I don't think it's ruled out per se, but I think a family comment may have been along the lines of police seemed to rule out third party involvement early on. This is from police update on find corrie website 10th October

Police are continuing to keep an open mind as to what has happened to Corrie, and continue to investigate all possibilities. This includes the possibility that Corrie may have attempted to walk home but not been captured on CCTV, that he has willingly gone with someone else or that something else may have happened. At this stage there is no evidence of criminality and nothing to indicate any third party involvement, however this continues to be subject to the ongoing investigation and nothing can be ruled out at this time.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/10/10/suffolk-police-10th-october/

additional info and and link added re first paragraph

Mrs Urquhart, a police officer from Fife, has spoken about her fears that her son got into a vehicle ‘willingly or unwillingly’.
Today she said the statement by police when Corrie first disappeared that there was ‘no third party involvement’ was a mistake.
A view echoed by Detective Superintendant Katie Elliott who is overseeing the investigation. Today she insisted the police have ‘always kept an open mind’ and third party involvement wasn’t being ruled out as a possibility.
The police officer also defended the investigation dismissing allegations that they hadn’t viewed vital CCTV footage and hadn’t had the resources needed.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/04/forces-tv-4th-november/

If you can't link it, you can't post it.

How much clearer can that be?

Final warning.

And by this 11th November nothing is ruled out:

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said; “We have to keep an open mind as there is no key line of enquiry to take us in any one direction. We can’t rule anything out and therefore we have to continue to investigate all possibilities. Despite extensive searches, CCTV viewing, media appeals and many behind the scenes enquiries we still do not have a lead which takes us forward. Many theories are being explored and work is ongoing to trace everyone who was in the area around the key time as they may have information that may help.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/suffolk-police-11th-november/

And by this 11th November nothing is ruled out:

Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said; “We have to keep an open mind as there is no key line of enquiry to take us in any one direction. We can’t rule anything out and therefore we have to continue to investigate all possibilities. Despite extensive searches, CCTV viewing, media appeals and many behind the scenes enquiries we still do not have a lead which takes us forward. Many theories are being explored and work is ongoing to trace everyone who was in the area around the key time as they may have information that may help.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/suffolk-police-11th-november/

IMO this part is important in particular.
The public (and family) are not informed of police investigations step-by-step, however much they feel the need to be kept informed.
Any investigation has to be investigated with a modicum of secrecy, and imo it is unfair to consider information that is necessary or irrelevant is being kept from public view.
We know only what we need to know.

The sighting at Hollows Road, was alongside a industrial estate. Reported by a motorist as someone in light clothing at 4:30.

With checking CCTV there, and the not seeing him leave HS area, they have discounted it.

Doesn't mean someone didn't give him a lift part journey though, but if someone was innocently giving him a part journey lift, why wouldn't they come forward?

The link for this is www.findcorrie.co.uk the police updates of 24th and 25th October. This states a driver reported seeing someone in light clothing at 04.20 a.m. at Hollow road I.E. behind the sugar beet factory. The sighting has not been confirmed according to the updates. That is all I have found about it so far apart from many media sources such as the recent BBC one quoted earlier today, which generally have less info than this police update. I find it strange that a sighting would have to be confirmed before acting on it. Thank you LIL for original info. Edited to add more info.

Very interesting career trajectory:

At St Columba's High School in the town, Mr Mckeague had longed to become a Royal Marine but he initially went on to train to become a hairdresser at Adam Smith College in Kirkcaldy.

After realising hairdressing was not the career for him, he departed for Perth College University of the Highlands and Islands to become a fitness trainer.

It was then he decided to join the Royal Air Force and was posted to RAF Honington in October 2013.

Hi everyone.

A thread has been started in the parking lot for discussion regarding tonight's FB Live Q&A with Corrie's family.

The thread will open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of the FB Live chat. They are scheduled to go live at 7:00 PM local time, so the thread will open at 6:30 PM.

Please be sure to carefully read the opening post of that thread. Discussion of the FB Live chat is to remain in that thread ONLY.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Facebook-Live-Q-amp-A&p=13028698#post13028698

Hi everyone.

A thread has been started in the parking lot for discussion regarding tonight's FB Live Q&A with Corrie's family.

The thread will open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of the FB Live chat. They are scheduled to go live at 7:00 PM local time, so the thread will open at 6:30 PM.

Please be sure to carefully read the opening post of that thread. Discussion of the FB Live chat is to remain in that thread ONLY.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Facebook-Live-Q-amp-A&p=13028698#post13028698

Thanks for this! I didn't know about the Live Q & A as I hardly ever go to the FB page nowadays. Hopefully we'll have some answers and noted well that discussion about it may only take place in that thread.
Thanks again.

Although referring to Glos. I found this interesting regarding missing people and it does (from other articles) seem consistent with other counties. I wasn't able to find anything specific to Suffolk though.

"People are reported to the police as 'missing' under a wide variety of circumstances and from a wide variety of sources - usually by relatives, friends or carers but often also by concerned colleagues and other professionals.

"We have a duty to locate them and check their welfare. All reports are taken extremely seriously with a full and comprehensive risk assessment done to assess their vulnerability, taking into account factors such as medical history, emotional state, last sightings etc.

"The person is then deemed low, medium or high risk and an appropriate investigation and search strategy is implemented.

"As I say this, we currently have ten missing persons and one absent. Of those ten, one is high risk, eight are medium risk and one is low risk. With this many live investigations at once, it puts a large amount of strain on our policing resourc

"The cost of an investigation will obviously vary hugely depending on the length of time it runs and the level of risk. However, Dr Karen Shalev-Greene from the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies at the University of Portsmouth has calculated the average cost to police of a missing person investigation is £2,415.80.

Read more at http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...9557864-detail/story.html#rqB8DHFAt6wHg63j.99
Very informative and useful thanks jessie.

Maybe but I still haven't seen where the Police have stated they ruled out third party involvement?

@Anniesnoop Just looked at Suffolk 'Police expenditure for the last three months and some of the costs of "trivial" things are enormous relative to the whole cost of the investigation into Corrie's disappearance so far e.g. tyres contract for the fleet of Police cars runs to about the same cost for three months! I know I'm in a minority of one on the subject of cost/resources so I'll drop it but it must be relevant in some way as the BBC went to the trouble of doing a FOI.
Its right to bring it up and I think it's relevant too. Obviously whether we think it's justified will be where opinions differ. It will be the Suffolk council tax payers who will have the final say I guess.

Hi everyone.

Yay! Thanks GT [emoji1303]

I'm stuck on this one I'll admit. There are at least eight blue paper bins, three red general waste bins and a couple of other 1100 bins in that 'Horseshoe'. How Corrie could (by chance?!) put his phone in EXACTLY the correct bin is puzzling me and always has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm confused, I have only ever seen one blue bin in the horseshoe Midsummer?

Maybe but I still haven't seen where the Police have stated they ruled out third party involvement?

@Anniesnoop Just looked at Suffolk 'Police expenditure for the last three months and some of the costs of "trivial" things are enormous relative to the whole cost of the investigation into Corrie's disappearance so far e.g. tyres contract for the fleet of Police cars runs to about the same cost for three months! I know I'm in a minority of one on the subject of cost/resources so I'll drop it but it must be relevant in some way as the BBC went to the trouble of doing a FOI.

Hence my comment of shoddy earlier.
They do a great job and most of the coppers are great. I know who my local copper is and so do the kids around where I live.
They just have a higher up idiot managing things and what they spend on media is just SILLY.
I prefer to see action not talk.

I've noticed a few new people pop into the thread and their contributions have pricked my interest. I just wanted to say thank you in a non-patronising way.

I have recapped what I could from the live Q&A in the parking lot if anyone would like to chime in and discuss what was said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee