UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see much coverage of Helen, and haven't seen any at all of Margaret.

There was quite extensive coverage of Helen in the mainstream press in England, especially in regional news in the Midlands and in papers such as the Mail and Express.

Virtually all of the early coverage I've seen of Margaret has been in the Scottish media, especially that of the SW of Scotland. It's now been picked up by a number of national media outlets.

From the article linked in post #799

Nicola UrquhartImage copyrightPA/STEFAN ROUSSEAU
Image caption
Mrs Urquhart said a forest near RAF Honington could be "confidently crossed off" after volunteers searched the area
Another theory is that he was in one of the bins at the "Horseshoe" area, which was then taken to a landfill site.
Signals showed his Microsoft Lumia 435 mobile phone had moved to nearby Barton Mills, where there is a landfill site, and police searched a bin lorry after finding its route matched the movements of the device.
However, it was found that the weight of the bin lorry's load was 15kg (33lb) - too light to have contained Mr Mckeague.
As a result, the lorry was released and the landfill site was not searched.

So again, I will say, that does it not seem like a big waste of time and resources for the bin lorry to drive all over BSE to collect only 15kgs in total of recycling?! Where I work one small wheelie bin would contain more recycling weight than that yet didn't the bin lorry driver make several stops. It just wouldn't be viable (or offset the sustainability aspect of recycling) to drive so many kms/miles in a big truck to collect a mere 15kgs!!

Image caption
Mrs Urquhart said a forest near RAF Honington could be "confidently crossed off" after volunteers searched the area
Another theory is that he was in one of the bins at the "Horseshoe" area, which was then taken to a landfill site.
Signals showed his Microsoft Lumia 435 mobile phone had moved to nearby Barton Mills, where there is a landfill site, and police searched a bin lorry after finding its route matched the movements of the device.
However, it was found that the weight of the bin lorry's load was 15kg (33lb) - too light to have contained Mr Mckeague.

So again, I will say, that does it not seem like a big waste of time and resources for the bin lorry to drive all over BSE to collect only 15kgs in total of recycling?! Where I work one small wheelie bin would contain more recycling weight than that yet didn't the bin lorry driver make several stops. It just wouldn't be viable (or offset the sustainability aspect of recycling) to drive so many kms/miles in a big truck to collect a mere 15kgs!!

Would depend on what they are contracted for. They're paid as a private company to empty certain bins. Doesn't matter if there's a plastic cup in it or if it's filled to the throat, they still have to empty it. Could well be that there isn't too many businesses in that area that pay them to take recycled items.

Take my work for example, we pay for a company to empty a large general waste bin but we don't pay the extra for a cardboard bin - we dispose of this ourselves at the local dump to save a few quid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you would leave your car parked in a disabled bay on a street if you were going AWOL. You would put it somewhere where it wouldn't draw attention to you quite quickly. I think that whatever he was planning for that evening he intended to return to his vehicle before any penalties kicked in.

That would suggest they think he has had some sort of mental breakdown which will need ongoing psychiatric or other mental health care. Either that or "continued recovery" means an open-ended search for his body.

If Corrie has mental health problems, how would those be dealt with by the RAF, or the armed forces generally? I'm guessing that if he were to remain in the RAF, the RAF would undertake or at least fund any care he might require if it were likely he could become fit for duty again. If he couldn't return to duty then at some stage he would presumably receive a medical discharge and further treatment would be down to civilian agencies.

Each case on its own merits but as far as I'm aware....again correct. You may have hit onto something inadvertantly there because if Corrie's status is officially moved up to full blown AWOL, then he would be officially given three options (if I remember correctly); Immediate admin discharge, Military Detention for each day AWOL minus one third for good behaviour then discharge or made into General Cecil Hogmany Melchet in around three years.

On a side note, I would guess that he's presently listed as 'Absent' as opposed to 'Absent With Out Leave' hence the limited intervention by the military and police. Remember, at 'Absent' status he would still be on the pay books of the government until discharged and paid for by the tax payer. He will NOT be able to claim government benefits as he has access to military institutes and compassionate funding. It's advantageous for the RAF, the police AND the UK Government to keep him at Absent status until solid evidence comes to light of him being otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the walking home thing was a genuine misunderstanding. I think Corrie had done that back in Scotland and Nicola had maybe been told some lads walked home from Honington but it turned out that Corrie hadn't. I think it's just one of those things where young people move hundreds of miles from home and some things change but their parents aren't aware of every change or every detail?

It's hard to know about the puppy. I would have said it indicated that Corrie intended to go back that weekend, but we don't know the details of how much food was left out or anything like that.

For the bouncer and rock, paper, scissors, both of these things seem to be a result of drinking heavily...and it's a Friday night out, pub crawl followed by club. The clothing, while it might be Corrie's own style in some ways, isn't really abnormal for a night out when a young, single man might want to look and feel good just in case he meets someone? So how much can we really attribute those things to planning, and how much to it being a Friday night on the town and having a bit too much to drink for the liking of the bouncer at the club?

How many people who take off, from life or from non-deployment military, actually go to any lengths to cover all these details and plan all these things? Lots of people don't even put much planning in where they're going to go, but if anything that is what they will plan on, with things like stuffing some clothes into their usual bag, stashing money they've been withdrawing from the bank (if for some reason they don't want to use their old bank account, if that even happens in many cases?) Lots of people who have their own car will drive off in their own car. I would also posit that most people who want to disappear would say they're going out to school/work/friends place, and not turn up as opposed to going out to that place and then disappearing.

Normally I'd expect something like Corrie taking off on Saturday morning, telling his friends he's off to stay with a friend for the weekend, but the friend knows nothing about it and he never turns up.

Generally, I think the police do get a good sense of what's likely happened to someone. Some of the other missing people that have been noted from the Suffolk area during Corrie's time missing, we haven't heard of the same level of searching roadsides etc for them. And they've all turned out to be voluntary disappearances, and we've heard when they turned up, even if we didn't get details. So those people weren't in the military, they weren't technically AWOL...but neither did they have their family on TV crying because they don't think they'll ever see their loved one alive again.

Unless someone has actual evidence, I think we need to stay open to all reasonable possibilities. And I think on some level we must be doing that, or we wouldn't still be posting in this thread?

I'm not convinced the walking home but was an error. Watch the news conference clip and when asked was it normal for Corrie to walk home. Nicola says yes then looks at Darroch then sort of stutters. Watch it. IMO she got the story wrong at that point.
Where are the tears? No tears in that first interview.
I agree I've seen photos of him in the same clothes before. What I'm saying is if your planning to go away but don't want it to look like awol then you have to disappear. By making sure you are seen at some point exaggerates the 'missing' part.
<modsnip>
Am I correct in thinking the man on the bike with the hold-all hasn't been found yet?
I never believe anything the media throw at me.

I'm not sure the police can start "tearing apart" the flats that seem to be situated there and looking for potential murder scenes as there is no evidence a crime has been committed....but with the "possibilities" of "how he left the area" diminishing, it would seem that immediate area could hold the answers as to what happened to him.

I'm not sure that the police can either.
But I'm curious why wording has been used that was intended to suggest that something like this has already happened. I'm not at all a 'strategist' so it's very hard for me to understand when other people are doing that, making statements as strategy. I miss the nuances I'm afraid!

Image caption

I'm stuck on this one I'll admit. There are at least eight blue paper bins, three red general waste bins and a couple of other 1100 bins in that 'Horseshoe'. How Corrie could (by chance?!) put his phone in EXACTLY the correct bin is puzzling me and always has.

I don't think you would leave your car parked in a disabled bay on a street if you were going AWOL. You would put it somewhere where it wouldn't draw attention to you quite quickly. I think that whatever he was planning for that evening he intended to return to his vehicle before any penalties kicked in.

Unless he wanted the dog and car to be intentionally found? An unsure intention to intentionally disappear from life perhaps. Study my sentence closely.

There's some info in the ACPO handbook about how the police should deal with the situation of an adult missing person who turns up but doesn't wish to have their location disclosed :

"Police officers must be mindful that when an adult missing person is located, their whereabouts
must not be disclosed if this is against their wishes. They should inform the person reporting
them missing that they have been located and reassure them about their well-being. "

At that point surely the case would be closed?

Source is the 2005 handbook, section 3.21. I can't find a more recent version.
library.college.police.uk/docs/acpo/Missing-Persons-2005-ACPO-Guidance.pdf

Unless he wanted the dog and car to be intentionally found? An unsure intention to intentionally disappear from life perhaps. Study my sentence closely.

I get what you are saying but just don't think I buy it, not now and I did at first myself think awol. I wonder if it was known that this bin lorry picked up dry waste in the early hours of sat am on contract and people had got lifts in it before? Not on it or under it which has already been discounted but actually inside it. The compactor secured for driving at the forward point leaving plenty of empty space in the rear. He may not have been spotted by the driver, climbing in whilst still hidden from cctv and not visible as it left and he jumped out somewhere along the way to complete journey on foot. I sadly believe he is no longer with us and he has succumbed to some sort of accident/incident.

This is why I think maybe he was running to that area to see if the lorry had been yet or was there. He looked in the bin saw it hadn't been yet so waited. Corrie and his phone maybe travelled together to where the phone pinged.

its just a theory.

That's my thoughts exactly.

What's the OFFICIAL Suffolk police line at this moment in time ?

1. A "Missing Person"

2. And "they don't think there is any third party involvement"

3. But "every possibility is open"

But point 3 contradicts point 2 ?
What made the police think that there was/is "no third party involvement" or is this just Standard Practice in a Missing Persons investigation.

If they believe(d) there was no "Third party" involvement, then how do the police explain the phone pinging in Barton Mills ?

Disposing of it himself would exclude a "third party" ?
Someone else disposing of it include a "third party" ?

How likely is it that C and his phone would leave in separate vehicles?
Very unlikely? Unlikely? Possible? Likely? Very Likely?
How likely is it that C would remain but his phone would leave in a vehicle?
How likely is it that C and his phone left in the same vehicle?

If we can work out which of these is the most likely scenario we may be a little closer perhaps.

Am reposting my post from yesterday in response to your post James. Personally I think the third is the very likely scenario with the second as possible but the first as very unlikely IMO.

Could anyone provide a link to the interview with the homeless guy? He was the last guy to actually speak to C and C shared his grub with him I believe didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double