UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone provide a link to the interview with the homeless guy? He was the last guy to actually speak to C and C shared his grub with him I believe didn't he?

AFAIK this chap was never interviewed? Spoken to by the police only I'd assumed.
We were told that either 'a person' or 'some people' approached Corrie when he was in Hughes doorway to check if he was OK and it may be interesting to know more of that.

AFAIK this chap was never interviewed? Spoken to by the police only I'd assumed.
We were told that either 'a person' or 'some people' approached Corrie when he was in Hughes doorway to check if he was OK and it may be interesting to know more of that.
So why spend all these resources trying to track more people when they have these people already? I do not get it. JMO

What's the OFFICIAL Suffolk police line at this moment in time ?

1. A "Missing Person"

2. And "they don't think there is any third party involvement"

3. But "every possibility is open"

But point 3 contradicts point 2 ?
What made the police think that there was/is "no third party involvement" or is this just Standard Practice in a Missing Persons investigation.

If they believe(d) there was no "Third party" involvement, then how do the police explain the phone pinging in Barton Mills ?

Disposing of it himself would exclude a "third party" ?
Someone else disposing of it include a "third party" ?

I may have missed it but I don't remember reading a direct quote or seeing a video of any representative of Suffolk Police saying third party involvement is ruled out?

The ACPO PDF I posted a few weeks ago states if in doubt, think murder. If they have ruled out third party involvement then it can only be evidence based? The article does have some interesting things in it though. In three months the cost stands at only at £26,000? This is a pittance to be honest and find it hard to believe. To put this in context, the UK investigation into the McCann case currently sits at ~£15 million! and it is only a bit more than a single beat bobby's annual salary?

The other thing that sticks out and bothers me is the seeming confusion of the reporter. It reads to me like she is mixing up the bin lorry load with the bin load.

MissTerious said:
I don't think you would leave your car parked in a disabled bay on a street if you were going AWOL. You would put it somewhere where it wouldn't draw attention to you quite quickly. I think that whatever he was planning for that evening he intended to return to his vehicle before any penalties kicked in.

If you look on the September 2016 updated Google Streetview of where Corrie parked his car you will see that the painted disabled bays are completely warn away. Corrie likely didn't even realise he was parking in one. Especially given it was 22:00 at night and talking on the phone?

Firstly I do not think £26k is a pittance. That is about £2k per week so 4 bobbies no longer on other duties. I defo disagree with the high amount spent in the McCann case, however that was a vulnerable child, abroad and has been ongoing for some years so it would have mounted up over the years. C is not a vulnerable adult and knew what he was doing. He either left willingly in a car, on foot or is still in the vicinity AFAIK. JMO

The one suspected sighting in Hollow road was also discounted although I am not sure how exactly. At the time I read he was on cctv and N said it wasn't C. And I have also read that there was no cctv at that location so am not sure which was correct. Coincidentally Hollow road is where the bin lorries originate according to our timeline so maybe it was a bin lorry driver who reported seeing this person? JMO. If anyone has any links regarding this sighting it might clarify which was correct.

The one suspected sighting in Hollow road was also discounted although I am not sure how exactly. At the time I read he was on cctv and N said it wasn't C. And I have also read that there was no cctv at that location so am not sure which was correct. Coincidentally Hollow road is where the bin lorries originate according to our timeline so maybe it was a bin lorry driver who reported seeing this person? JMO. If anyone has any links regarding this sighting it might clarify which was correct.

Is this discounted though, as this sighting is in the latest BBC report posted a page or two back by Midsummer.

Firstly I do not think £26k is a pittance. That is about £2k per week so 4 bobbies no longer on other duties. I defo disagree with the high amount spent in the McCann case, however that was a vulnerable child, abroad and has been ongoing for some years so it would have mounted up over the years. C is not a vulnerable adult and knew what he was doing. He either left willingly in a car, on foot or is still in the vicinity AFAIK. JMO

To me personally £26K is a lot of money but I'm talking about within the context of an 'inordinate amount of resources' and 'treated as a if a murder'. Given how government/councils can spend ridiculous amounts on the smallest things I am surprised how small the figure is for three months even allowing for lack of resources. The McCann case runs to roughly £750,000 per three months but I agree it is a very different case.

Is this discounted though, as this sighting is in the latest BBC report posted a page or two back by Midsummer.

Yeah but was it C or not? So it has or hasn't been discounted. Like the vehicles haven't been discounted. Why keep looking for more sightings when these possibilities are still out there? That's what I cannot understand. All the searches and resources but still unfinished business, unless discounted and we haven't been told. JMHO.

To me personally £26K is a lot of money but I'm talking about within the context of an 'inordinate amount of resources' and 'treated as a if a murder'. Given how government/councils can spend ridiculous amounts on the smallest things I am surprised how small the figure is for three months even allowing for lack of resources. The McCann case runs to roughly £750,000 per three months but I agree it is a very different case.
Also the SULSAR and RAF would have been no public cost which kept down overall costs too IMO. We would also need to see Suffolk police overall normal budget for any real comparison.

Although referring to Glos. I found this interesting regarding missing people and it does (from other articles) seem consistent with other counties. I wasn't able to find anything specific to Suffolk though.

"People are reported to the police as 'missing' under a wide variety of circumstances and from a wide variety of sources - usually by relatives, friends or carers but often also by concerned colleagues and other professionals.

"We have a duty to locate them and check their welfare. All reports are taken extremely seriously with a full and comprehensive risk assessment done to assess their vulnerability, taking into account factors such as medical history, emotional state, last sightings etc.

"The person is then deemed low, medium or high risk and an appropriate investigation and search strategy is implemented.

"As I say this, we currently have ten missing persons and one absent. Of those ten, one is high risk, eight are medium risk and one is low risk. With this many live investigations at once, it puts a large amount of strain on our policing resourc

"The cost of an investigation will obviously vary hugely depending on the length of time it runs and the level of risk. However, Dr Karen Shalev-Greene from the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies at the University of Portsmouth has calculated the average cost to police of a missing person investigation is £2,415.80.

Read more at http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...9557864-detail/story.html#rqB8DHFAt6wHg63j.99

26 grand is alot of money and with how quickly information can be obtained due to social media, also how quickly information can be spread to a wider viewing public all the police have left are searches, cctv, phonelines and leaflet/pod type things.
It's quite alot they have spent.
They needed to have had the cctv and bins searched alot quicker than they did.

Although referring to Glos. I found this interesting regarding missing people and it does (from other articles) seem consistent with other counties. I wasn't able to find anything specific to Suffolk though.

"People are reported to the police as 'missing' under a wide variety of circumstances and from a wide variety of sources - usually by relatives, friends or carers but often also by concerned colleagues and other professionals.

"We have a duty to locate them and check their welfare. All reports are taken extremely seriously with a full and comprehensive risk assessment done to assess their vulnerability, taking into account factors such as medical history, emotional state, last sightings etc.

"The person is then deemed low, medium or high risk and an appropriate investigation and search strategy is implemented.

"As I say this, we currently have ten missing persons and one absent. Of those ten, one is high risk, eight are medium risk and one is low risk. With this many live investigations at once, it puts a large amount of strain on our policing resourc

"The cost of an investigation will obviously vary hugely depending on the length of time it runs and the level of risk. However, Dr Karen Shalev-Greene from the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies at the University of Portsmouth has calculated the average cost to police of a missing person investigation is £2,415.80.

Read more at http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...9557864-detail/story.html#rqB8DHFAt6wHg63j.99

Suffolk police has a pdf you can download with expenditure info enclosed and what they do in regards to missing people.
It's pretty much the standard practice.

Yeah but was it C or not? So it has or hasn't been discounted. Like the vehicles haven't been discounted. Why keep looking for more sightings when these possibilities are still out there? That's what I cannot understand. All the searches and resources but still unfinished business, unless discounted and we haven't been told. JMHO.

The sighting at Hollows Road, was alongside a industrial estate. Reported by a motorist as someone in light clothing at 4:30.

With checking CCTV there, and the not seeing him leave HS area, they have discounted it.

Doesn't mean someone didn't give him a lift part journey though, but if someone was innocently giving him a part journey lift, why wouldn't they come forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 grand is alot of money and with how quickly information can be obtained due to social media, also how quickly information can be spread to a wider viewing public all the police have left are searches, cctv, phonelines and leaflet/pod type things.
It's quite alot they have spent.
They needed to have had the cctv and bins searched alot quicker than they did.

Difficult to tell though as Corrie has been missing for some time now. I would assume the costs involved are manpower based mostly.?

"As if a murder investigation" obviously pushes the costs up = more manpower plus outside agencies (there has been mention of experts to enhance CCTV). JMO

I may have missed it but I don't remember reading a direct quote or seeing a video of any representative of Suffolk Police saying third party involvement is ruled out

"Third party involvement was quickly ruled out by police, but the idea has not been dismissed by Mr Mckeague's mother".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-38267086

I think this was where the squabble with the police began.

Suffolk Police has since said officers continued to consider "every possibility".

Same article

Does that include "Third Party Involvement" ?
If anything, this case is difficult to even classify, going off what the plod are saying !

Difficult to tell though as Corrie has been missing for some time now. I would assume the costs involved are manpower based mostly.?

"As if a murder investigation" obviously pushes the costs up = more manpower plus outside agencies (there has been mention of experts to enhance CCTV). JMO

Imo I think your correct, I did see some mention of enhanced cctv.

"Third party involvement was quickly ruled out by police, but the idea has not been dismissed by Mr Mckeague's mother".

Maybe but I still haven't seen where the Police have stated they ruled out third party involvement?

@Anniesnoop Just looked at Suffolk 'Police expenditure for the last three months and some of the costs of "trivial" things are enormous relative to the whole cost of the investigation into Corrie's disappearance so far e.g. tyres contract for the fleet of Police cars runs to about the same cost for three months! I know I'm in a minority of one on the subject of cost/resources so I'll drop it but it must be relevant in some way as the BBC went to the trouble of doing a FOI.

With respect to the police how could they say foul play when there is no evidence unless of course there is another idea not revealed to police. It would make it difficult to manage the case based on just a concern . Imo

Maybe but I still haven't seen where the Police have stated they ruled out third party involvement?

Sorry, I can't remember source it was probably Suffolk Constabulary's website but IIRC they didn't rule it in or out.
They said something like "at this stage there's no evidence to suggest any 3rd party involvement'. It was said fairly early in the investigation, month 1 I believe.
I'll have to find the quote as I'm definitely paraphrasing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!