UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it affect the fundraising though? The funds could still be used for a pi for the family to locate Corrie, searches, collating data etc
AFAIK the funds are under the control of the landlady of the Bull Inn. I don't believe it has been set up as a charity or trust ATM but that could be changed, as could the use of the funds.e.g. they could donate to other good causes if it was not needed as first envisaged. There is no law against fund raising. JMHO

I was trying to prove the marham incident was reported as road rage before Tony gave an interview to john gaunt. But I thought his interview was 24th December and it wasn't it was the 20th so I was wrong and made myself look a tit 😂

Oh I see, sorry ;-)

I think it only fair to weigh up the probabilities in determining what is more likely with the information we have.

The Suffolk Police have defended themselves (the best they can) publicly and state everything is being done by the book
Outside forces have backed this up
Corrie's dad's side of the family have stated they are happy with the Suffolk Police/MIT
AFAIK none of the MIT have been replaced?

Versus

Corrie's mums side of the family saying this, that and the other isn't being done, incompetent etc

I think thoughts of incompetency are a direct result of frustration by the family and understandably N. As far as I can see so far (which granted is limited), the police and military have played by the book. No real issues apart from under staffed and under funded. Standard Civil Service complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is my first post so please be gentle with me.
From day one I've thought Corrie went awol. I think he is gay.....not that it has any bearing on things but his mother stated he was not....how does she 100% know that.
The first police news conference she says he often walked home but at a later date says he never walked home.
If the puppy was left from Friday night to Monday morning wouldn't it have barked or cried if it hadn't been fed or let out?
IMO Corrie wanted to be seen that night. He was thrown out of the club...a bouncer would remember this....he played rock scissors paper with a stranger. He was wearing clothes that would get him noticed.
Tony is an intelligence officer.....
What were the 4 phone calls to Corrie's brother about. Youngster text. I could accept 4 texts but would they really speak 4 times on the phone.
If you're going awol but you want it to look like something else you appear missing.
Now there is a money raising page.
Curiouser and curiouser.

As an adult, yes he could ask them to say nothing. My point is that under the circumstances they would probably make his family aware he is safe, otherwise there could be questions later over the continuing collection of funds from the public to find someone who is no longer missing.

This was exactly my point earlier Melmoth. The charity websites have been worded very carefully to avoid the use of the word AWOL and such like. That's fine as far as I'm concerned. The caveat used is 'continued recovery' or words to that effect. Suggesting to me that they'll be using the funds for the future welfare of Corrie. If that's the case I'll be slightly miffed to say the least.

<modsnip>

To help make you look less of a tit, I do remember it being said at one time that they (LE) thought it may have been drug debt related before they then changed it just recently to robbery and road rage related. Also of course this is Norfolk police area not Suffolk so I do not believe Norfolk police would change their thought process based on a TW media interview necessarily. JMO of course.
To link this to the article about drugs debt would be daily telegraph of 27 July 2016 and to robbery and road rage is daily mail 22 Dec 2016.

I don't think Suffolk police are incompetent far from it. I just said shoddy.....two totally different things.
Suffolk police are my "local coppers" and have had alot on recently with double murder and double attempted murder.
There has been an arson, numerous burglaries and the usual Christmas idiots.
I have always thought c is awol but am trying to look at different answers.

From day one I've thought Corrie went awol. I think he is gay.....not that it has any bearing on things but his mother stated he was not....how does she 100% know that.
The first police news conference she says he often walked home but at a later date says he never walked home.
If the puppy was left from Friday night to Monday morning wouldn't it have barked or cried if it hadn't been fed or let out?
IMO Corrie wanted to be seen that night. He was thrown out of the club...a bouncer would remember this....he played rock scissors paper with a stranger. He was wearing clothes that would get him noticed.
What were the 4 phone calls to Corrie's brother about. Youngster text. I could accept 4 texts but would they really speak 4 times on the phone.
If you're going awol but you want it to look like something else you appear missing.
Curiouser and curiouser.

I think the walking home thing was a genuine misunderstanding. I think Corrie had done that back in Scotland and Nicola had maybe been told some lads walked home from Honington but it turned out that Corrie hadn't. I think it's just one of those things where young people move hundreds of miles from home and some things change but their parents aren't aware of every change or every detail?

It's hard to know about the puppy. I would have said it indicated that Corrie intended to go back that weekend, but we don't know the details of how much food was left out or anything like that.

For the bouncer and rock, paper, scissors, both of these things seem to be a result of drinking heavily...and it's a Friday night out, pub crawl followed by club. The clothing, while it might be Corrie's own style in some ways, isn't really abnormal for a night out when a young, single man might want to look and feel good just in case he meets someone? So how much can we really attribute those things to planning, and how much to it being a Friday night on the town and having a bit too much to drink for the liking of the bouncer at the club?

How many people who take off, from life or from non-deployment military, actually go to any lengths to cover all these details and plan all these things? Lots of people don't even put much planning in where they're going to go, but if anything that is what they will plan on, with things like stuffing some clothes into their usual bag, stashing money they've been withdrawing from the bank (if for some reason they don't want to use their old bank account, if that even happens in many cases?) Lots of people who have their own car will drive off in their own car. I would also posit that most people who want to disappear would say they're going out to school/work/friends place, and not turn up as opposed to going out to that place and then disappearing.

Normally I'd expect something like Corrie taking off on Saturday morning, telling his friends he's off to stay with a friend for the weekend, but the friend knows nothing about it and he never turns up.

Generally, I think the police do get a good sense of what's likely happened to someone. Some of the other missing people that have been noted from the Suffolk area during Corrie's time missing, we haven't heard of the same level of searching roadsides etc for them. And they've all turned out to be voluntary disappearances, and we've heard when they turned up, even if we didn't get details. So those people weren't in the military, they weren't technically AWOL...but neither did they have their family on TV crying because they don't think they'll ever see their loved one alive again.

Unless someone has actual evidence, I think we need to stay open to all reasonable possibilities. And I think on some level we must be doing that, or we wouldn't still be posting in this thread?

I heard Nicola on the radio as I was travelling over Christmas, and the BBC have this article today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38267086

Personally, I think he's deceased, and as we've seen so many times on here, he may not be *that* far away. There's so many ditches and dykes in the area, gravel pits, heath, woodland... Perhaps as outdoor activity steps up in the New Year, he'll be found.

Generally, I think the police do get a good sense of what's likely happened to someone. Some of the other missing people that have been noted from the Suffolk area during Corrie's time missing, we haven't heard of the same level of searching roadsides etc for them. And they've all turned out to be voluntary disappearances, and we've heard when they turned up, even if we didn't get details. So those people weren't in the military, they weren't technically AWOL...but neither did they have their family on TV crying because they don't think they'll ever see their loved one alive again.

I'd say I've never seen any missing adult get the attention Corrie has, certainly not in recent times. All the ones I can think of have been youngsters - April Jones, Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman for example. In the case of Holly and Jessica, despite the huge search, their bodies were found by a gamekeeper a fortnight after they disappeared, around 15 miles away on the boundary of RAF Lakenheath (roughly the same distance as from BSE to Lakenheath). April Jones' body was never found, and they had arrested the man who abducted and murdered her within a day. I think locals were out searching for her within hours, yet Bridger still had time to (they believe) scatter her remains.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Hi Lolly. Welcome

Agree with most of your post apart from the clothing. I think he wore clothing like that quite a lot from other photos on the find Corrie webpage & posters etc

I heard Nicola on the radio as I was travelling over Christmas, and the BBC have this article today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38267086

Personally, I think he's deceased, and as we've seen so many times on here, he may not be *that* far away. There's so many ditches and dykes in the area, gravel pits, heath, woodland... Perhaps as outdoor activity steps up in the New Year, he'll be found.

It must be heart breaking for the family, especially at this time of year. I agree with the above poster, I to believe he is deceased.

The question therefore is, if the cars are not involved (1. No arrests and 2. An extension of the "target time window") then where did he go, how did he leave the immediate horseshoe area (as he was not found there) and when did he leave ?

I'm not sure the police can start "tearing apart" the flats that seem to be situated there and looking for potential murder scenes as there is no evidence a crime has been committed....but with the "possibilities" of "how he left the area" diminishing, it would seem that immediate area could hold the answers as to what happened to him.

I'm unsure they'd have any obligation to say anything to be honest. As an adult he could ask them to say nothing at all. The investigation would obviously stop though.

I don't really want to get into an argument about this, but the issue in this case is that the family are appealing for funds to assist in a search. I do not think the police are going to allow the family to carry on with this fund raising and carrying out public searches of areas of forest if they know Corrie is safe and well, if only because questions would rightfully be asked as to why they did not intervene to prevent people wasting time and money.

Would it affect the fundraising though? The funds could still be used for a pi for the family to locate Corrie, searches, collating data etc

Well yes, it should. Leaving aside his military status for the moment, as an adult is entitled to go missing if he wants. If that is made clear to the family, one could argue they should not be searching for someone who does not want to be found. He's entitled to his privacy.

I'd say I've never seen any missing adult get the attention Corrie has, certainly not in recent times.

There was the case last year of Helen Bailey, the children's author who went missing last year and was found murdered and buried in her own back garden by her partner.

There's also the current case of Margaret Fleming missing in Scotland. She has/d learning disabilities.

The issue with adults going missing is that the police need some indication that they are vulnerable or that they are otherwise in danger or may have been the victim of a violent crime before they will carry out exhaustive enquiries and searches.

Right at the start of the Corrie case, the possibility that he had been seized by Islamaloons would have meant he met the "in danger" criteria.

I don't really want to get into an argument about this, but the issue in this case is that the family are appealing for funds to assist in a search. I do not think the police are going to allow the family to carry on with this fund raising and carrying out public searches of areas of forest if they know Corrie is safe and well, if only because questions would rightfully be asked as to why they did not intervene to prevent people wasting time and money.

Excellent point Melmoth.

The caveat used is 'continued recovery' or words to that effect. Suggesting to me that they'll be using the funds for the future welfare of Corrie. If that's the case I'll be slightly miffed to say the least.

That would suggest they think he has had some sort of mental breakdown which will need ongoing psychiatric or other mental health care. Either that or "continued recovery" means an open-ended search for his body.

If Corrie has mental health problems, how would those be dealt with by the RAF, or the armed forces generally? I'm guessing that if he were to remain in the RAF, the RAF would undertake or at least fund any care he might require if it were likely he could become fit for duty again. If he couldn't return to duty then at some stage he would presumably receive a medical discharge and further treatment would be down to civilian agencies.

There was the case last year of Helen Bailey, the children's author who went missing last year and was found murdered and buried in her own back garden by her partner.

There's also the current case of Margaret Fleming missing in Scotland. She has/d learning disabilities.

The issue with adults going missing is that the police need some indication that they are vulnerable or that they are otherwise in danger or may have been the victim of a violent crime before they will carry out exhaustive enquiries and searches.

I didn't see much coverage of Helen, and haven't seen any at all of Margaret. Helen's coverage I would put down to her being an author and thus having some "fame" that could be leveraged. I wouldn't know about Margaret's case at all if it hadn't been for this site although that maybe because I've tried to stay away from the news over the Christmas break.

I do agree, though, it's about the percieved threat with an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double