UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suffolk police haven't handled things very well imo, yes some is down to resources but some is down to poor performance imo.

Suffolk police haven't handled things very well imo, yes some is down to resources but some is down to poor performance imo.

Unless you work for Suffolk Police you have no idea what they have or have not done.

It would mean exactly that.
According to FAQS on Corrie website, Police have not even done a door to door in HS area (something family not happy about), so they have definitely (imo) not carried out forensic searches within properties!
they did however carry out forensic searches externally in HS. i.e roofs, manhole covers etc
Ridiculous, so much left undone

edit: sorry quoted incorrect post, meant to tag one assuming forensics carried out inside buildings....

According to FAQS on Corrie website, Police have not even done a door to door in HS area (something family not happy about), so they have definitely (imo) not carried out forensic searches within properties!
they did however carry out forensic searches externally in HS. i.e roofs, manhole covers etc
Ridiculous, so much left undone

edit: sorry quoted incorrect post, meant to tag one assuming forensics carried out inside buildings....

The problem is that given the public berating the Suffolk Police have had from the family, do you think they would respond with still not doing door to door or could it be there are other reasons?

I think I'm right that in the end the Police had some leaflets/questionnaire printed and asked the RAF to go door to door?

Since then DS Katie Elliot said in one of the Forces TV interviews they had other forces review what they had done, had got additional help in including the Met/SY etc and they were doing everything correctly. There must be a very good reason why the Police have actively avoided doing the things the family demanded. For example it would be a waste of resources to go door to door if they already have info that renders doing that moot and they can't/don't want to share the reason(s) with the family.

I remember the Claudia Lawrence case had a poor first investigation team and they were replaced very publicly so if similar is true in this case then I would think something would've been done about it by now?

The problem is that given the public berating the Suffolk Police have had from the family, do you think they would respond with still not doing door to door or could it be there are other reasons?

I think I'm right that in the end the Police had some leaflets/questionnaire printed and asked the RAF to go door to door?

Since then DS Katie Elliot said in one of the Forces TV interviews they had other forces review what they had done, had got additional help in including the Met/SY etc and they were doing everything correctly. There must be a very good reason why the Police have actively avoided doing the things the family demanded. For example it would be a waste of resources to go door to door if they already have info that renders doing that moot and they can't/don't want to share the reason(s) with the family.

I remember the Claudia Lawrence case had a poor first investigation team and they were replaced very publicly so if similar is true in this case then I would think something would've been done about it by now?

We would like to think yes, but until confirmed we would be speculating. Which of course is not to say it has now happened, just that as per latest on website, it never was and nothing to say it now has. However was this because they had reason never to think Corrie had gone into one of these I.e. police had other Intel, or just sheer incompetence....... Who knows

In that case wouldn't it suggest that the police know either what happened or where he is .
If it's awol they would have to notify the Raf?If he is alive and well to inform his next of kin....I.e his mum.
Nefarious means would be publicity blackout due to operational duties?

Just theorising and interested in the answer.

I must be in the minority but I don't believe the police have handled this poorly. I absolutely believe they have no evidence of foul play.

If they were to find Corrie alive and well and he refused them to tell his family the police would be under no obligation to say anything to anyone except perhaps the military police, whereby you'd expect his status to become awol.

My personal opinion, my suspicions lie in the category of awol from life. I think there is plenty being kept from the public, which is fine and proper in an investigation but it is a stark contrast to the family updates being so "open". I believe a lot of their updates while based on fact also include a fair amount of opinion presented as fact.

There are very small little things that indicate to me that things weren't well in corries world. Visiting marham regularly for one. Raf marham houses the community mental health department for all armed forces in the area. Unless being sent there to work which Is unusual to be so regular it seems very likely Corrie was being treated at raf marham. The fact that louelle was not supposed to be on base at honington and was overlooked as rule broken (perhaps considered beneficial to his current situation)

I feel like the wait is absolutely key and shows to me a pre planned arrangement. I don't think this was a hook up, I think this was someone he knew.

Let's face it, the mystery surrounding this case has given it huge exposure, people talking and a lot of funds raised. Not something that would have been possible if we were searching for a rather troubled adult.

There's been a good few tweets about Corrie come through my timeline this evening. Is there some sort of new media push going on?

Just my thoughts, I wonder if police believe it was Corrie in the 3:26 cctv, this would explain the possible lack of forensic investigation in the 'horseshoe'. I believe family have said it isn't him, this might explain why there seems to be a discrepancy about how many people still need to be identified from the cctv stills.

I would hazard a guess at this point that all vehicles have been checked and cleared. It'll be 14 weeks on Friday - that's a serious amount of time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just because the vehicles have been identified it doesn't mean they have been found and checked yet alone cleared regardless of the time scale. It could be a number of things, false plates, no insurance or even it's been scrapped or burnt out. My guess is that they know the car they're looking for, saw it leave the Horseshoe on CCTV and are struggling to trace it even though the make/model/numberplate have been identified.

If they were to find Corrie alive and well and he refused them to tell his family the police would be under no obligation to say anything to anyone except perhaps the military police, whereby you'd expect his status to become awol.

I'm not sure about that. As Corrie is an adult, they would not be permitted to disclose his whereabouts to his family if he did not wish that done, but there's nothing to stop them saying to them "OK, we've found him. He's safe and well but he isn't coming home and doesn't want you to know where he is." If they have found him I'd be very surprised if they didn't at least tell the family that because of the fundraising and the various public appeals going on.

Where he to be formally declared AWOL by the RAF, that position would obviously change somewhat.

I have only heard of police going door to door in cases of missing children IMHO. However door knocking was done and leaflet drops in the horseshoe and the first poster was the police one, so I do not know what more the police can do now. The helicopter was up from day 1 with police, sniffer dogs and forensics. The pod was put at BM early on based on the phone data, and appeals to come forward were issued as well. All this info is on the family website.

We would like to think yes, but until confirmed we would be speculating. Which of course is not to say it has now happened, just that as per latest on website, it never was and nothing to say it now has. However was this because they had reason never to think Corrie had gone into one of these I.e. police had other Intel, or just sheer incompetence....... Who knows

I think it only fair to weigh up the probabilities in determining what is more likely with the information we have.

The Suffolk Police have defended themselves (the best they can) publicly and state everything is being done by the book
Outside forces have backed this up
Corrie's dad's side of the family have stated they are happy with the Suffolk Police/MIT
AFAIK none of the MIT have been replaced?

Versus

Corrie's mums side of the family saying this, that and the other isn't being done, incompetent etc

I'm not sure about that. As Corrie is an adult, they would not be permitted to disclose his whereabouts to his family if he did not wish that done, but there's nothing to stop them saying to them "OK, we've found him. He's safe and well but he isn't coming home and doesn't want you to know where he is." If they have found him I'd be very surprised if they didn't at least tell the family that because of the fundraising and the various public appeals going on.

Where he to be formally declared AWOL by the RAF, that position would obviously change somewhat.

I'm unsure they'd have any obligation to say anything to be honest. As an adult he could ask them to say nothing at all. The investigation would obviously stop though.

Just because the vehicles have been identified it doesn't mean they have been found and checked yet alone cleared regardless of the time scale. It could be a number of things, false plates, no insurance or even it's been scrapped or burnt out. My guess is that they know the car they're looking for, saw it leave the Horseshoe on CCTV and are struggling to trace it even though the make/model/numberplate have been identified.

This is where elaboration is needed. The bin lorry is lumped in with the other 3 vehicles as identified so I would take it that the status should be the same i.e we know the bin lorry has had Police 'hands on'.

If this isn't the case then Tony should make that clear, IMO.

I must be in the minority but I don't believe the police have handled this poorly. I absolutely believe they have no evidence of foul play.

My personal opinion, my suspicions lie in the category of awol from life. I think there is plenty being kept from the public, which is fine and proper in an investigation but it is a stark contrast to the family updates being so "open". I believe a lot of their updates while based on fact also include a fair amount of opinion presented as fact.

There are very small little things that indicate to me that things weren't well in corries world. Visiting marham regularly for one. Raf marham houses the community mental health department for all armed forces in the area. Unless being sent there to work which Is unusual to be so regular it seems very likely Corrie was being treated at raf marham. The fact that louelle was not supposed to be on base at honington and was overlooked as rule broken (perhaps considered beneficial to his current situation)

I feel like the wait is absolutely key and shows to me a pre planned arrangement. I don't think this was a hook up, I think this was someone he knew.

Let's face it, the mystery surrounding this case has given it huge exposure, people talking and a lot of funds raised. Not something that would have been possible if we were searching for a rather troubled adult.
You may be in the minority but I would second your theory!

I keep flitting between pretty much exactly what you have said here and an accidental death.

I find it hard to believe that the police are completely incompetent and I cringe at all the criticism.

I keep flitting between pretty much exactly what you have said here and an accidental death.

I find it hard to believe that the police are completely incompetent and I cringe at all the criticism.

Me too. I can accept there are things they could probably do better, but I don't think they're incompentant. I completely agree with their reasons why they never went after the phone in the bin lorry. It's a bitter pill to swallow but they gave it a lot of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double