UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to a true crime podcast today on Christopher Halliwell and in it they discussed the police manipulation of the media. Basically, they had him under surveillance and used the media to announce they were undertaking searches of a particular area based on a new lead that had surfaced and that they had to give up searching due to lack of light but they would continue the next day. The plan was to make him feel under pressure and make him feel like he needed to return to either move the body or make sure it was hidden better. In that case it didn't work because he had already moved the body before they decided to run with that tactic but it was interesting given Nicolas comments in Corries case about searching the area so thoroughly they wouldn't need to go back. What with the public not knowing the exact location it may be a ploy to get someone to go back to cover their tracks or check if the area he is hidden has been searched so they can rest easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome MissScamps, glad you came out of lurkdom! <modsnip>

(UK case index below if you're interested!)

Thank you so much [emoji3][emoji106] I love this site I've been following it for months!! Some of you are so sleuth clever ( if that's correct) [emoji51]

I keep wondering if someone involved is reading this. I would rather not help them if you know what I mean.

I keep wondering if someone involved is reading this. I would rather not help them if you know what I mean.

Well if they are then the flip side is that they are not actually being baited and are close to being caught. Either way everyone gets found out eventually.

I was listening to a true crime podcast today on Christopher Halliwell and in it they discussed the police manipulation of the media. Basically, they had him under surveillance and used the media to announce they were undertaking searches of a particular area based on a new lead that had surfaced and that they had to give up searching due to lack of light but they would continue the next day. The plan was to make him feel under pressure and make him feel like he needed to return to either move the body or make sure it was hidden better. In that case it didn't work because he had already moved the body before they decided to run with that tactic but it was interesting given Nicolas comments in Corries case about searching the area so thoroughly they wouldn't need to go back. What with the public not knowing the exact location it may be a ploy to get someone to go back to cover their tracks or check if the area he is hidden has been searched so they can rest easy.

Oh well you've blown that idea stanley. Good thought though and ive thought similar with phone/bin lorry stuff and the last sighting JMO

Would they be able to access the phone pings of a person or people who were in a certain vehicle and know it was a different direction to corrie's phone pings? That is the only explanation I can think of for the belief Corrie was definitely separated from his phone. They could somehow know someone took him and drove in another direction.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
To know this they would have to know where C went and that is the prob.

I wonder that too. It's incredibly difficult I imagine knowing what clues and information to give out Knowing it's going to be talked about at length. Jmo.
I would hope that if someone were they would please just do an anonymous tip.

If and that is an if Corrie has been taken this person/people surely been watching Corrie tracing his movements as he was in civilian clothes I understand people say they stand out a mile but I don't agree in our town centre they mingle in with the rest of the lads. I wish we knew if Corrie went in that horseshoe regular or not and for what purpose what made him head that way unless he was on his way to walk back to base. That horseshoe is really good lit even at night at there seemed to be such a lot of people around surely someone would of heard him bundled in a car

Can anyone do anything with the image of the black guy to try and improve the clarity? Then we can discuss the issue posed by Scamps.

Shiressleuth I cant help with cleaning it up but as it stands the tash doesn't look real unless he has a huge stuck out top lip but that's just my opinion and I wonder if this is one that hasn't been identified

Shiressleuth I cant help with cleaning it up but as it stands the tash doesn't look real unless he has a huge stuck out top lip but that's just my opinion and I wonder if this is one that hasn't been identified

To me it looks like a bushy goatee. The picture isn't good enough quality to match to a e fit and even if it was, its side on, the only thing they share is they both have facial hair and let's face it, nearly everyone does in this day and age.

agreed beard seem the in thing at the min what about the person who was with him have we determined male or female I no someone said female

Well that sure is a great cctv system if they have to rely on shop images. I don't think even the people themselves will recognize their photos.

Halliwell was very arrogant and the old part of Swindon is covered in CCTV. The police knew very quickly it was him. If its similiar to Corrie then he would know the person and trust them. Savernake Forest is big like Thetford and very dense.

There were 39 people to identify and AFAIK this was the only black guy out of them all. Did none of those people see either C or this guy? And cctv also missed them apparently. How unlucky can we get?

Halliwell was very arrogant and the old part of Swindon is covered in CCTV. The police knew very quickly it was him. If its similiar to Corrie then he would know the person and trust them. Savernake Forest is big like Thetford and very dense.

Yeah but he may have got away with it if it weren't for ANPR cameras, the CCTV they had of him wasn't great because it just so happened his headlights shone right into the camera almost obscuring himself completely. The photos had to be forensically edited to get to the point they thought they had his car. They then tied that up with the ANPR camera and got a hit. It makes me wonder if they have them on the way out of Bury and if they have checked them, there can't have been that much traffic that night that they couldn't check each hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members