UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He must've had a best mate from back home, he must have cousins and old school mates, other family members etc yet nobody other than his mum, uncle and brothers seem involved in anything. I've seen nothing from any other source pleading for his safe return or coming forward giving stories of Corrie when they knew him. I'd of thought his home community would be fighting to find him and joining in the search.
It's all a bit weird to me.
ive discussed this with many people. some who do not even know much about corrie and his story of vanishing. people from or involved at some point with media. its possible all of his friends have been asked not to speak. there might be many reasons - such as when you do start to talk to press others may then target you and any flaw in your life? or the family do not want friends talking about corrie's " lifestyle " ?? you could stop people talking by telling them anything they say may put his life in danger if he is alive or somehow jeopardise the investigation. it is strange however that nobody nowhere is saying anything other than a couple of family members.

It was really early in the beginning on the website I'm sure it was Nicola who said it was too distressing to be released but did not expand on the content!

maybe he was being sick? or urninating in the corner? or rolling about drunk on the ground? we did hear that people went up to check that he was okay. makes you wonder what on earth was happening? we have seen his last moment and we have seen him acting the fool in the videos so cant think , what would have been so distressing? might have shown him up for being violently sick with all the food - unless he really was a crying drunk?

Just spotted clip released on bbc news of Corrie singing along to Wicked the musical. Perhaps they've chosen that clip as it was the most recent they had. Or perhaps they have other motives for choosing that clip?

I get the impression the police have their eye on someone and everything said and released at the moment is tightly orchestrated to have a certain effect on said person.

well that would be good indeed! i have no idea who you might be referring to but maybe this person was jealous of corrie? so that song about making someone perfect, could be that corrie was better or thought he was better than the person who has attacked him? is this the sort of vein you are in? personally, i feel that there is someone in the frame - but might be more than one person. we know there is a vehicle that is still of interest - that person did not have a valid reason for being in the bin area. it might be a pervert - it might be a local **** - it might be someone corrie knows. they actually might also be innocent but were up to no good in that bin area. hopefully soon people!

The police officer mother of missing serviceman Corrie McKeague has issued a public plea to Suffolk Constabulary to search an area just 20ft from where her son was last seen, as 14 weeks pass with no new evidence.
Nicola Urquhart said thinking as a police officer, she can not fathom why buildings along Short Brackland, some of which are empty, are not being searched. She also claimed reports of an attempt to burn a car the day after Corrie&#8217;s disappearance have not been fully investigated. The police stressed all lines of inquiry were being explored and at this stage nothing is being ruled out. <modsnip> (Source eadt.com).
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie_m...s_from_corrie_s_last_known_location_1_4833380

Nicola is going down the route of elimination IMO. A bit like the old style policing. However I can see where conflict is arising between Suffolk Police and Nicola, if she wants them to go over areas they have investigated previously such as the attempted burning of a car. No new evidence according to this article, which will make it very difficult for police resources and now if there is no evidence of a crime having been committed. The only way the family will be able to keep pressure on the police is to keep the publicity going. MO. The police must have worked out the phone pings by now and if these pings show that Corrie's phone arrived in BM minutes before the bin lorry (Tony Wringe 2 Nov findcorrie.co.uk), surely they would be able to check other vehicles leaving Bury and arriving in that area at the same time as the phone. There is nothing from Suffolk Police since the bin lorry in terms of data. The photos for ID released on Suffolk Police page initiated by the family. The police scaled back the sulsar, open ground searches some time ago. In essence the family is driving their own investigation and has been since 2 Nov update (findcorrie.co.uk) &#373;hen Tony Wringe stated that the MIT were name only JMO.

well that would be good indeed! i have no idea who you might be referring to but maybe this person was jealous of corrie? so that song about making someone perfect, could be that corrie was better or thought he was better than the person who has attacked him? is this the sort of vein you are in? personally, i feel that there is someone in the frame - but might be more than one person. we know there is a vehicle that is still of interest - that person did not have a valid reason for being in the bin area. it might be a pervert - it might be a local **** - it might be someone corrie knows. they actually might also be innocent but were up to no good in that bin area. hopefully soon people!

This mystery car can't be traced, or hasn't been tried to be traced yet, bad CCTV of no plate?

Cheers for clarifications. This case/forum desperately needs a separate thread which compiles the known info/key resources and what's been established as bogus/discounted and OTOH highly plausible.
Think this helps new members or those who haven't trawled all the 11 threads - which is pretty hard-going.

If you look at other cases which have spilled over into a 2nd thread, you'll see that known information is summarised at the start of each thread so that newcomers can get up to speed quickly. It's a measure of just how little really solid information we have that here, in thread 12, what we really do know can be written on the back of a postcard.

I've often wondered how bizarre it is that he hung around until Flex would be closing but didn't contact his friends for a lift ? I'd assume they would have some arrangement from other nights out maybe a designated driver or all club for a Taxi , I'd have thought he'd have rung them to meet, which I suppose leads more to the theory that he was meeting someone else

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I suppose we could suggest that his suggested 0330 'meet' could indeed be with one of his workmates. After all, two other cars with work mates travelled from Hon to BSE. That would suggest at least 10 people including the drivers out that night down to a minimum of 3 (total of three cars)?
We could also presume that the drivers were designated and so were able to drive home after the nightclub unless they too were drunk.....AND even so, you would have thought that they would have picked him up onroute back to base in a taxi to share costs?
No such evidence has been presented so far to support this theory so in my opinion he WASN'T waiting for his mates for a lift back (could be wrong obviously). He had arranged a 'meet' with someone other than his immediate party. How did he do that? He MUST have had prior engagement with them and presumably be text/voice call?
Bearing that in mind, it must have been a third party meet at 0330 IMO and presumably with a car. There seems to be an intention to 'walk with purpose' and 'jog' to a certain place for 0330. It's a darkened area with nothing of apparent importance going on apart from a quick exit out by vehicle or perceived illicit goings on.

I see no reason why these two things can't be linked together (illicit goings on and quick exit out). Conversely, I see no evidence why they CAN be linked. <modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maybe he was being sick? or urninating in the corner? or rolling about drunk on the ground? we did hear that people went up to check that he was okay. makes you wonder what on earth was happening? we have seen his last moment and we have seen him acting the fool in the videos so cant think , what would have been so distressing? might have shown him up for being violently sick with all the food - unless he really was a crying drunk?

I think pretty much every possibility was suggested by someone or other. Throwing up. Weeing in a corner. Pissing himself. Crying. Exposing himself and taking <modsnip> pix.

The last of those might have been me (again), because at the time it had just been stated that towards the end of his sitting in the doorway he had a message or text conversation with someone and sent a picture, though it wasn't certain of what or to whom. It was also about the time that the idea of him arranging some sort of hook-up was first being suggested, and some men do seem to be driven to inflict pictures of their genitalia on those with whom they're trying to hook up.

If you look at other cases which have spilled over into a 2nd thread, you'll see that known information is summarised at the start of each thread so that newcomers can get up to speed quickly. It's a measure of just how little really solid information we have that here, in thread 12, what we really do know can be written on the back of a postcard.

BIB. Are you referring to the standard post 1 compiled by any mod at the outset of any new thread?

ETA - you seem to have missed my reply. Anyway, here's the post you are directing me to where I will see all the known info to date.

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military policeman who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman&#8217;s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

I think pretty much every possibility was suggested by someone or other. Throwing up. Weeing in a corner. Pissing himself. Crying. Exposing himself and taking <modsnip> pix.

The last of those might have been me (again), because at the time it had just been stated that towards the end of his sitting in the doorway he had a message or text conversation with someone and sent a picture, though it wasn't certain of what or to whom. It was also about the time that the idea of him arranging some sort of hook-up was first being suggested, and some men do seem to be driven to inflict pictures of their genitalia on those with whom they're trying to hook up.

He sent a picture to his brother of the both of them

Nicola is going down the route of elimination IMO. A bit like the old style policing. However I can see where conflict is arising between Suffolk Police and Nicola, if she wants them to go over areas they have investigated previously such as the attempted burning of a car. No new evidence according to this article, which will make it very difficult for police resources and now if there is no evidence of a crime having been committed. The only way the family will be able to keep pressure on the police is to keep the publicity going. MO. The police must have worked out the phone pings by now and if these pings show that Corrie's phone arrived in BM minutes before the bin lorry (Tony Wringe 2 Nov findcorrie.co.uk), surely they would be able to check other vehicles leaving Bury and arriving in that area at the same time as the phone. There is nothing from Suffolk Police since the bin lorry in terms of data. The photos for ID released on Suffolk Police page initiated by the family. The police scaled back the sulsar, open ground searches some time ago. In essence the family is driving their own investigation and has been since 2 Nov update (findcorrie.co.uk) &#373;hen Tony Wringe stated that the MIT were name only JMO.

snipped
A previous poster upthread said it's baffling and unusual or wtte.
For me this case is unusual in that we have so much info due to Mum's job in Family liaison and her desire to get it out there, with the right intentions.

Anyway, agree with you about conflict. Obviously this is a nightmare for Mum but, behind closed doors, it's also very tricky for Suffolk police. No force feels the need to justify rationales behind decisions & investigations in real time, indirectly to the whole of the UK. IDK if her criticisms are valid but maybe this approach will pay off - pressure etc.

No doubt UK police generally are already doing a lot of training based on higher public expectations due to new social media. I'm sure it's controversial/ a hot topic in that sector.

In the last few years alone we have seen incompetence and heavy criticism levelled at them, some of it valid, whether it's missing person or an actual crime investigation. Anyway, I'll leave it there as I'll end up in general points about management decisions re missing persons, funding etc.

<modsnip>

And there was no car 'set on fire', it was some activity suspicious that was thought to be suspicious 17 miles from Bury. Of course you would want to find a secluded spot if you were going to burn a car, but it could equally be an insurance scam..

<modsnip>

Yes, we know that now, but it was many, many more weeks before that was established. At the time we knew only that a photo had been sent to someone.

Where has this information come from? The police or yet again just the family?

snipped
A previous poster upthread said it's baffling and unusual or wtte.
For me this case is unusual in that we have so much info due to Mum's job in Family liaison and her desire to get it out there, with the right intentions.

Anyway, agree with you about conflict. Obviously this is a nightmare for Mum but, behind closed doors, it's also very tricky for Suffolk police. No force feels the need to justify rationales behind decisions & investigations in real time, indirectly to the whole of the UK. IDK if her criticisms are valid but maybe this approach will pay off - pressure etc.

No doubt UK police generally are already doing a lot of training based on higher public expectations due to new social media. I'm sure it's controversial/ a hot topic in that sector.

In the last few years alone we have seen incompetence and heavy criticism levelled at them, some of it valid, whether it's missing person or an actual crime investigation. Anyway, I'll leave it there as I'll end up in general points about management decisions re missing persons, funding etc.
Good post, good points.

Just spotted clip released on bbc news of Corrie singing along to Wicked the musical. Perhaps they've chosen that clip as it was the most recent they had. Or perhaps they have other motives for choosing that clip?

I get the impression the police have their eye on someone and everything said and released at the moment is tightly orchestrated to have a certain effect on said person.

Nicola has described Corrie as a social hand grenade who takes risks in his social life.

IMO she's putting out a video clip as a bit of a counter to what she said and to show a softer side.

Where has this information come from? The police or yet again just the family?

It came from the family and it's on the website, but I think it was to a known friend and don't think it could have been using encrypted messenger services, otherwise how would they have known so quickly that a picture was sent?

The police officer mother of missing serviceman Corrie McKeague has issued a public plea to Suffolk Constabulary to search an area just 20ft from where her son was last seen, as 14 weeks pass with no new evidence.
Nicola Urquhart said thinking as a police officer, she can not fathom why buildings along Short Brackland, some of which are empty, are not being searched. She also claimed reports of an attempt to burn a car the day after Corrie&#8217;s disappearance have not been fully investigated. The police stressed all lines of inquiry were being explored and at this stage nothing is being ruled out. <modsnip> (Source eadt.com).
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie_m...s_from_corrie_s_last_known_location_1_4833380

BBM - if it's true that there are unsearched empty buildings IMO that could be a very simple answer to the whole mystery, accident or deliberate action leading to death and the body isn't found just because no one looked

i know I read that the police did look into the burning car and decided it was nothing to do with Corrie but there was some criminal activity that they would be looking into. I wonder why this has now become significant, surely only a very stupid person would burn a car near the scene of the crime.

IMO with unlimited resources and perfect access to all cctv and anpr it would be possible to trace all the vehicles but tbh I don't think the costs involved are justified for a missing adult with no evidence of a crime, I can see why the police aren't doing it and equally why the family want it to be done.

Maybe the PI could help

He sent a picture to his brother of the both of them

He sent a photo to a friend that he had received from his brother, the photo being of Corrie and the friend.

IMO this isn't a key point but it is one (as far as we can tell) this is an established fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli