UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a lot of hypothetical scenarios being put forward, which are detracting from the factual evidence that we do know.

He had mental health issues
He was meeting up with someone
He was sending <modsnip> photos to someone
He got separated from his phone

Are just some of the ones I have read on here and as far as I am aware have to substance to them, they are purely guesswork.

What we do know:-

He took his car into the town
He wandered about drinking
He then bought food
Slept in doorway
Wandered up alleyway and was not seen leaving
His phone was tracked along same route of bin lorry

Again I would suggest that he has simply been hanging around hoping to sober up so he could drive his car back to the base in the morning. Jumped into cardboard skip bin and unfortunately ended up being tipped into bin lorry by accident. At some point in the journey before the bin lorry has made it back to its depot he has exited it.

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

He sent a photo to a friend that he had received from his brother, the photo being of Corrie and the friend.

IMO this isn't a key point but it is one (as far as we can tell) this is an established fact

Because the family tell us?

Again I would suggest that he has simply been hanging around hoping to sober up so he could drive his car back to the base in the morning. Jumped into cardboard skip bin and unfortunately ended up being tipped into bin lorry by accident. At some point in the journey before the bin lorry has made it back to its depot he has exited it.

snipped, just to focus on bit in bold above.
Do guys still risk that, in his position? Just based on risk of being breathalysed at say 6am?
I'm not a young guy of his age, so it's a genuine question for any that might actually be on this thread.

(I'm rural and yet my local force are known to breathalyse 60 yr old women on their way to work .... mind you, there's so little crime where I am they do need to do something!)

There seems to be a lot of hypothetical scenarios being put forward, which are detracting from the factual evidence that we do know.

He was sending <modsnip> photos to someone

Are just some of the ones I have read on here and as far as I am aware have to substance to them, they are purely guesswork.

He then bought food
Slept in doorway

Why not sleep in his car? He was happy to drink in it

Because the family tell us?

Yes, but if we're going to disbelieve what they say there's no point in discussing anything IMO, it just becomes pages of wild speculation without any links to accepted sources and the thread gets closed down.

We've been there done that and I for one don't see any point to repeat it.

Do guys still risk that, in his position? Just based on risk of being breathalysed at say 6am?
I'm not a young guy of his age, so it's a genuine question for any that might actually be on this thread.

(I'm rural and yet my local force are known to breathalyse 60 yr old women on their way to work .... mind you, there's so little crime where I am they do need to do something!)

I'm not a young man either but I do think people will drive the morning after drinking and either aren't aware that they are over the limit or don't care and are willing to take the risk

Looking at it logically, there are a number of factors that would support this suggestion....

1. He took his car into town
2. He parked in a disabled space (though may not have realised, apparently it was worn)
3. With the market opening the next day, I would guess that parking fees would kick in at ppx 8am**, though would not have been in place when he parked up the previous evening
4. He would have stopped drinking at around 1am when kicked out of the club, by say 7-8am, after something to eat and a sleep, he may not have been far off being able to drive
5. He ordered a large amount of food (kebabs & burgers) - common trick to soak up the alcohol
6. He knocked back lifts back to the base

**Edit: just on this point alone, i would assume that the parking times are limited to say 2 hours max, meaning if he had put money into the meter the night before (which you can normally do and then covers you for the first couple of hours in the morning) - he would have had to get back to the base and then have a return journey to pick up his car by 10am the next day at the latest, quite a lot of messing around, but a hefty parking fine or clamping/impounding would be looming.

Why not sleep in his car? He was happy to drink in it
I dont know.

If he was drinking in it, perhaps he would not have reached the limit by time he got out. He would however have known that he was way over the limit by the time he was wandering about later.

I dont know.

If he was drinking in it, perhaps he would not have reached the limit by time he got out. He would however have known that he was way over the limit by the time he was wandering about later.

As far as I'm aware drinking in a car regardless of whether you're over the limit is illegal. Just seems a better option than a bin? Although I appreciate being drunk comes into play there. Having said that I thought the family maintains he had sobered up a fair bit by the last cctv footage

**Edit: just on this point alone, i would assume that the parking times are limited to say 2 hours max, meaning if he had put money into the meter the night before (which you can normally do and then covers you for the first couple of hours in the morning) - he would have had to get back to the base and then have a return journey to pick up his car by 10am the next day at the latest, quite a lot of messing around, but a hefty parking fine or clamping/impounding would be looming.

The space didn't have a meter.

Yes, we know that now, but it was many, many more weeks before that was established. At the time we knew only that a photo had been sent to someone.
Originally that was what we were led to believe - that it was to the brother. The www.findcorrie. co.uk currently states it was sent to a friend and was part of an earlier conversation. Was also given as an example that C was not that drunk as it was received and sent by different apps. Apparently they know this because the friend must have told them cos they don't have the phone and neither have they seen the hughes doorway footage based on what we now know.

Looking at it logically, there are a number of factors that would support this suggestion....
snipped for brevity.

Yes that does all sound both plausible & logical, plus we have this picture of him as a risk-taker - from family - but I still don't have an idea of how many units he'd had but it sounds like he was doing some "catch -up " drinking in the parked up car.
The disabled bay seemed like a clincher for me, but I hadn't picked up that the bay-paint was worn. ( I only read threads 1 through 6 )

As far as I'm aware drinking in a car regardless of whether you're over the limit is illegal. Just seems a better option than a bin? Although I appreciate being drunk comes into play there. Having said that I thought the family maintains he had sobered up a fair bit by the last cctv footage
I also read somewhere that his car was a bmw z5 two seater? If this is the case then not really the most ideal car to sleep in?

He was sending *advertiser censored* photos to someone

He then bought food
Slept in doorway

BBM- this is not fact either. There are numerous ways to get between the two places, numerous roads and footpaths. The pings give a wide circle of arrival and departure, there were not enough masts to pin point triangulation, purely 5km circles. Whilst the phone left BSE within 4 mins of the bin lorry, it was still only triangulated within 5kms of the mast. It really could have been stolen and dumped 3kms away from the horseshoe in a different bin on a different pick up route, or been in a taxi, or other vehicle/pedestrian. We come back to this scenario frequently, but it is no more confirmed than everything else we hash over.

The space didn't have a meter.
1c0f6a506169ada92cb510f6a5bd341a.jpg

I am not 100% sure tbh - just checked and it appears he parked in Robert Boby Way, parking fees do apply in that area, however if he did indeed park in a disabled spot then there probably wouldnt be a meter.

Either way, the main point that I am making is that he needed to hang around to get his car back to the base in the morning, otherwise he would have had a double trip to get back to the base, only to repeat the journey into the town again in the morning to pick it up. Quite a lot of hassle/cost (double taxi journeys etc), with the added bonus of a fine/clamping looming in the background.

Either way, the main point that I am making is that he needed to hang around to get his car back to the base in the morning, otherwise he would have had a double trip to get back to the base, only to repeat the journey into the town again in the morning to pick it up. Quite a lot of hassle/cost (double taxi journeys etc), with the added bonus of a fine/clamping looming in the background.

BIB I've certainly done that quite a few times and it is an arse!
His BMW - was it a new reg do you know? I am stereotyping grossly now re his gender/age and BSE car crime etc ........ but speculating he might not even want to leave it anywhere in town.

is it correct that Corrie was not ever in the habit of walking back to the base if he had to? I've read conflicting posts on that/comments from Mum. ( 9 miles is not a long walk if you're not legless, it just takes longer. I presume he anticipated on getting a lift/hitching/finding a taxi as £ was not a concern etc..)

RSBM

From Suffolk Police press releases:

29 September 2016
It’s known Corrie liked to walk home following a night out and police are continuing to ask anyone who may have been out in the area around Bury St Edmunds from 3am on Saturday onwards to get in touch if they think they may have seen him or anything that may assist the investigation.

11 October 2016
At least one person who police have spoken to during the course of enquiries said Corrie told them he was planning to walk home.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

1c0f6a506169ada92cb510f6a5bd341a.jpg

I am not 100% sure tbh - just checked and it appears he parked in Robert Boby Way, parking fees do apply in that area, however if he did indeed park in a disabled spot then there probably wouldnt be a meter.

its not a double trip, you get a lift back the day after with a friend. Two other cars went out with his friends that night, chances are they were all left over night and someone who still had their car at base would take the drivers back the following day to pick up their cars. This is what myself and my friends have always done (mainly because our bases are often a bit in the sticks, but also because it saves taxis both ways). 22 years and this has been the norm for us going out as has it been for all our friends.

He was sending *advertiser censored* photos to someone

He then bought food
Slept in doorway

The bin and bin lorry have been discounted. The first list in your post have only been put forward as opinions IMO.

BBM- this is not fact either. There are numerous ways to get between the two places, numerous roads and footpaths. The pings give a wide circle of arrival and departure, there were not enough masts to pin point triangulation, purely 5km circles. Whilst the phone left BSE within 4 mins of the bin lorry, it was still only triangulated within 5kms of the mast. It really could have been stolen and dumped 3kms away from the horseshoe in a different bin on a different pick up route, or been in a taxi, or other vehicle/pedestrian. We come back to this scenario frequently, but it is no more confirmed than everything else we hash over.
Good reminders and points. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member