UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor lad - I wish these preachers/police they spoke of had picked him up and dealt with him. A family would have been together at Christmas then.

I can't post a link as I have no chance of remembering where it's been said so JMO - the family have said he wasn't sick in the doorway

Agree totally with this, yet have seen "he's a fit man who could handle himself" posted so often on these threads. It's no protection in the circumstances you describe.

Unrelated - is it correct that Corrie was not ever in the habit of walking back to the base if he had to? I've read conflicting posts on that/comments from Mum. ( 9 miles is not a long walk if you're not legless, it just takes longer. I presume he anticipated on getting a lift/hitching/finding a taxi as £ was not a concern etc..)

Problem is that Honington is out in the sticks, so it's 9 miles along dual carriageway, A roads, B roads, footpaths, fields (take your pick, depending on the route) and not much in the way of pavements or lighting!

This misinformation is in danger of starting up again.

No one said the footage was distressing, it was simply a suggestion by a poster on one of the very early threads as to why the police might not be showing it.

We have absolutely no reason to believe this and Nicola has been very clear more than once that there was no distress. With so few facts it won't help if we are side tracked by things that aren't true. If there's a link I've missed over the Christmas period please post it so I can revise my view
I too remember it was suggested but if even N hasn't seen it then it cannot be discounted by her. Perhaps it is known because one of the family spoke or contacted C by phone when he was in the doorway. That contact by Darroch was mentioned early on as receiving or sending the photo I believe wasn't it?

Problem is that Honington is out in the sticks, so it's 9 miles along dual carriageway, A roads, B roads, footpaths, fields (take your pick, depending on the route) and not much in the way of pavements or lighting!
Yes there are roads avoiding the dual carriageway and A roads though I am not local but just looking at maps IMO.

I too remember it was suggested but if even N hasn't seen it then it cannot be discounted by her. Perhaps it is known because one of the family spoke or contacted C by phone when he was in the doorway. That contact by Darroch was mentioned early on as receiving or sending the photo I believe wasn't it?

If we follow that logic though we could suggest that he was doing any manner of things in the doorway, would they all be worthy of discussion?

I wish I could remember the name of the poster who first suggested that maybe he was distressed, I'm pretty sure it was someone who still posts,, does anyone have a clearer memory than me?

In terms of the cctv and footage apparently being distressing etc. I'm sure numerous times Nicola has said she has not been shown all of the cctv from that night, specifically in the Hughes doorway

If we follow that logic though we could suggest that he was doing any manner of things in the doorway, would they all be worthy of discussion?

I wish I could remember the name of the poster who first suggested that maybe he was distressed, I'm pretty sure it was someone who still posts,, does anyone have a clearer memory than me?

It may have been me, simply speculating (IIRC) on reasons why the police did not release any footage of the couple of hours he spent in the doorway.

Just spotted clip released on bbc news of Corrie singing along to Wicked the musical. Perhaps they've chosen that clip as it was the most recent they had. Or perhaps they have other motives for choosing that clip?

I get the impression the police have their eye on someone and everything said and released at the moment is tightly orchestrated to have a certain effect on said person.

Just spotted clip released on bbc news of Corrie singing along to Wicked the musical. Perhaps they've chosen that clip as it was the most recent they had. Or perhaps they have other motives for choosing that clip?

I get the impression the police have their eye on someone and everything said and released at the moment is tightly orchestrated to have a certain effect on said person.

Is that the one where he's sitting in the garden? I didn't recognise the song but did think it didn't do anything to put a stop to people wondering if Corrie's gay

Is that the one where he's sitting in the garden? I didn't recognise the song but did think it didn't do anything to put a stop to people wondering if Corrie's gay

Yeah that's the one. It's not a song I've ever heard either, but the article makes a point of saying it's from a musical.

It also says "His mother Nicola Urquhart said although it was difficult for her to share the video of her son, she "wanted people to see his nature and his personality".

Yeah that's the one. It's not a song I've ever heard either, but the article makes a point of saying it's from a musical.

It also says "His mother Nicola Urquhart said although it was difficult for her to share the video of her son, she "wanted people to see his nature and his personality".

Thanks, I saw this yesterday but not with an MSM source

Now we can comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-38483180

It's been the clear position of the family almost from the start that Corrie had never walked back to the base. For a short time right at the beginning we were led to believe this but it was clarified that he'd never done it (as far as anyone knows)

Cheers for clarifications. This case/forum desperately needs a separate thread which compiles the known info/key resources and what's been established as bogus/discounted and OTOH highly plausible.
Think this helps new members or those who haven't trawled all the 11 threads - which is pretty hard-going.

Cheers for clarifications. This case/forum desperately needs a separate thread which compiles the known info/key resources and what's been established as bogus/discounted and OTOH highly plausible.
Think this helps new members or those who haven't trawled all the 11 threads - which is pretty hard-going.

If you did have the time to read all the theads you'd find that what we know for sure wouldn't need it's own thread, it can be summarised in a couple of lines :laughing:

It's baffling and frustrating in equal measure

Find it odd that no one from the base including his C/O has come out at all about his disappearance? Thought that would be of been standard practice. I come from a military family, not served myself, but checked with my mum. She said was strange behaviour by the base.

Find it odd that no one from the base including his C/O has come out at all about his disappearance? Thought that would be of been standard practice. I come from a military family, not served myself, but checked with my mum. She said was strange behaviour by the base.

Have you seen the interview with the man in charge of the base? It was broadcast a little while back on his leaving post. I can't remember where but I can search if you haven't seen it

Ah thank you, don't worry about finding it, I did try and trawl through some previous posts (but the threads are to long). As long as someone has come out and spoken, thats good.

Sorry for duplicate post trying to still figure how to quote someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member