UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well look how many times it has happened before to young fit men, when you've had a drink and someone has a plan of attack your not going to have the upper hand!

I agree I am trained in martial arts and one of our sessions with a Master he made us spin around several times run a small assault course then spar to show us when you are drunk you have not got the same ability!

Corrie's 'social hand grenade' personality could have annoyed or upset any number of people that night. Not everyone feels comfortable with that kind of overbearing friendliness. Someone in the night club could have taken offence at him trying to inject himself into their social circle. He might have said the wrong thing to someone in the street earlier in the evening, or in the takeaway.

The likelihood of someone specifically hanging around until 3.20am to 'take him down a peg or two' is slim, but there could be a scenario where he coincidentally bumps in to someone who had annoyed earlier in the club, who had left Flex at closing time.

Corrie's 'social hand grenade' personality could have annoyed or upset any number of people that night. Not everyone feels comfortable with that kind of overbearing friendliness. Someone in the night club could have taken offence at him trying to inject himself into their social circle. He might have said the wrong thing to someone in the street earlier in the evening, or in the takeaway.

The likelihood of someone specifically hanging around until 3.20am to 'take him down a peg or two' is slim, but there could be a scenario where he coincidentally bumps in to someone who had annoyed earlier in the club, who had left Flex at closing time.

Agree with this BIB above. when she says "he's not so much a social butterfly as a social hand grenade" etc I interpreted that as nothing to do with sexuality/campness etc but about social skills.
From the video she has put out yesterday and her descriptions I can imagine he was "full on." It may/may not have any bearing on the investigation though.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...s-in-facebook-qa-over-missing-raf-gunner-son/

His mum said and quote -

She told the BBC: “I can honestly say hand on heart if he was gay he would be the most fabulously gay man walking.

“He would tell anyone. He’s extremely confident in his own sexuality. He classes himself as not gay.
“Is he attractive to other men? Yes. Does he like that attention? Yes, but he is not gay.”

I don't know any straight guy who would like attention from a gay guy.

The only thing I have an issue with this theory is that instead of just a drunk punch up, to put him down a peg or two, they would of had to of done a proper job on him, then to dispose of the body?

Which would be now murder, and not a offence of ABH.

Those offences are obv worlds apart. But this could of happened, the assault went to far then hid the body...

I don't know any straight guy who would like attention from a gay guy.

I've met quite a lot ( in metropolitan areas, not where I live now) but as Robert says upthread, the evidence/clean-up/witnesses/CCTV is an issue if it was a spur of the moment attack if he had rubbed someone up the wrong way etc.

No idea about the profile of the clubs in BSE- there seemed to be quite a few locals here on the early threads but IDK if they are still here to tell us more about the nightlife in BSE

What do you mean Truth by the bolded phrase. In the RAF? Or out and about in BSE, bars/clubs etc.

Also, re the quote below, my bold

I have watched her Q&A but if that's from an accurate transcript in the newspaper, the blue phrase is more significantly ambiguous for me ........instead of the simpler "he classes himself as straight".....ie. Corrie was possibly bisexual.

Appreciate that it's difficult for his Mum to broach a lot of personal elements but it's relevance is possibly related to risk (as you say) plus homophobia & thus the investigation.
(Naturally, for so many young people of his generation it's no stigma to say you are fluid re sexuality.)

I mean more out and about in bars.

I agree.

I struggle to see how someone who got annoyed with him that night would have made him disappear.

Dragged his dead body through town? Left a dead body hidden within town? Killed him and then also happend to have his car in the horseshoe area or went to get his car to pick up Corrie's body and drove off with it?

I struggle with this.....

Though I'd love to hear more from those who think that Corrie getting assaulted/killed by someone he offended or possibly by one of the Focus 12 people - then please let me know how any of these situations would go without anyone noticing, seeing, hearing anything, and how any of these situations would go with concealing a dead body?

This is interesting as it gives some new info about two vehicles. First the white people carrier with foreign plates that was supposed to have had persons attempting to set it alight 10 miles from the base with apparently a strange shape in the front seat. This was on the Sunday before C was reported missing. The second piece of*information is regarding the four vehicles and states that police have spoken to the drivers. So what do we make of this?

re db09striker's post

I also assumed, that at focus 12 there were staff on site overnight - as some residents were detoxing.
This was the link the previous member posted.
https://rehabreviews.com/focus-12-rehab/

Has there been any speculation on the possibility of (instead of a hook-up) attempts to score recreational extras, but maybe nothing to do with Focus12? If he really did like to party hard and take risks that wouldn't make him very different from most lads of his age either.

In some posts on here the people staying in the F12 place seem to be perceived as street junkies. Their website says it costs approx. £12,000 for a full course there. I think they also treat depression as well as alcoholism and drug problems. So I would say the clientele are more likely to be people with decent jobs that come with private medical insurance and/or they have such a good job that their employer might even put up the money for their treatment.

re db09striker's post

I also assumed, that at focus 12 there were staff on site overnight - as some residents were detoxing.
This was the link the previous member posted.
https://rehabreviews.com/focus-12-rehab/

Has there been any speculation on the possibility of (instead of a hook-up) attempts to score recreational extras, but maybe nothing to do with Focus12? If he really did like to party hard and take risks that wouldn't make him very different from most lads of his age either.

To be fair, he is hardly "partying hard" !
Two hours in a doorway isn't much fun at all.

If he did go to "buy", then it would have to be "extra special" as he waited so long. And I doubt Bury has a "supplier problem".

Spur of the moment AWOL. Unlikely
Drugs purchase. Unlikely.
Meeting someone. Possible.
Brawl. Unlikely.
A "one punch knockout" assault. Possible.

For the quote "Corrie classes himself as not gay" I wonder if he's been asked if he's gay and he's said "no", as opposed to he's asked if he's straight and said "yes", therefore it came out as he classes himself as "not gay" rather than "is straight"?

Regarding Flex night club. Has this been previously raised in a thread? More than two years old, so perhaps not applicable to the current state of affairs at the venue, but IMO it adds some context. To be fair to the venue, from my (fading) memory of some UK night clubs, it does not paint an uncommon picture.

https://democracy.westsuffolk.gov.uk/documents/s5942/Review of Premises Licence - Appendix 2.pdf

Wow, how many offences at that club?!

However now common place in town and cities, and the same of my town Swindon. 1 club was shut down over the amount of times the police had to be called. The council took there license away.

A one-punch knockout deal is basically a street assault...I can't see anyone hanging around long enough to notice that he doesn't get up, let alone run off and get a car and come back to move the body?

Meeting someone is an interesting aspect due to his apparent wait in the doorway.

For sex ? For drugs use ? To party ? Who knows.

Maybe he didn't wait for anything. Maybe he did fall asleep and maybe he did go for a pee.
It could be that someone really disliked him "peeing" in their space and so attacked him.
But they then "removed his body" ? That is odd.
Means, motive, opportunity. So they had a car nearby already ?

The more I'm reading, the more I'm starting to believe it was a hook up gone wrong.

I agree.

I struggle to see how someone who got annoyed with him that night would have made him disappear.

Dragged his dead body through town? Left a dead body hidden within town? Killed him and then also happend to have his car in the horseshoe area or went to get his car to pick up Corrie's body and drove off with it?

I struggle with this.....

Though I'd love to hear more from those who think that Corrie getting assaulted/killed by someone he offended or possibly by one of the Focus 12 people - then please let me know how any of these situations would go without anyone noticing, seeing, hearing anything, and how any of these situations would go with concealing a dead body?

Yep, I admit it is far fetched. Just thinking out loud in light of the ongoing lack of solid evidence.

I was thinking that in theory the person he had a run-in with earlier in the evening might have parked their car in the horseshoe while they were in the club, or might have returned there to meet a lift home.

In terms of Focus 12 - if he went into the building for some reason, or approached someone hanging around near it <modsnip> he could have been concealed within the building.

<modsnip>

Has the interior of this building been forensically searched?

To be fair, he is hardly "partying hard" !
Two hours in a doorway isn't much fun at all.

If he did go to "buy", then it would have to be "extra special" as he waited so long. And I doubt Bury has a "supplier problem".
snipped

I wrote " If he really did like to party hard..... " I don't know.... just the same as everyone here.
Is the long sleep is due to him being a lightweight- ie. stupified or is he getting his head down because he has 2 hrs to kill? How much and what had he already consumed?

I also wasn't assuming that anything he might buy would be consumed the same night but had in mind the rest of the weekend and aware of the plans for the weekend with his brother.
As for BIB, it depends on his connections and who is busy elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou