UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DCflag - as it seems that you're army/ex-army from that ^ post - what's your view about the puppy kept in his room without permission ?

I'm not military or ex military, my oh is currently serving and I'm unaccompanied in my hometown as we aren't married. He is not allowed a dog however there are people who live in married quarters who bring their dogs to work, not that that is relevant as such haha

My personal opinion is it's perhaps been overlooked because it's seen as a benefit to him of some kind (perhaps a bit like therapy or they felt he needed the company or similar)

Does anyone have a photo of the garbage lorry that was examined? was it the large compacting type? Was it seen in the horseshoe that night?

Hi there everyone, first time poster on these particular threads...

Although Corrie slept in the doorway of the Hughes shop and then was last seen on CCTV, could he still of been inebriated enough to have stumbled into a body of water and drowned, I know this doesn't explain the phone pings in another area of BSE could there be any logical explanation as to why his phone should of pinged even if you rule out the recycling / rubbish lorry as being as anything to do with it. Was his phone water proof, would he and his phone pinged if he was carried down stream for instance?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Hi there everyone, first time poster on these particular threads...

Although Corrie slept in the doorway of the Hughes shop and then was last seen on CCTV, could he still of been inebriated enough to have stumbled into a body of water and drowned, I know this doesn't explain the phone pings in another area of BSE could there be any logical explanation as to why his phone should of pinged even if you rule out the recycling / rubbish lorry as being as anything to do with it. Was his phone water proof, would he and his phone pinged if he was carried down stream for instance?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

I don't think he would have been able to walk out that area without being spotted by at least one camera. Thats what Nicola has said about him leaving the horseshoe area. But as soon as I heard about this case, that's the first thing that sprung to mind. Reminded me of Adrian Lynch.

Hi everyone.

Since nearly everything from the FB Live Q&A has now been reported in MSM, I closed the thread in the parking lot to avoid the necessity of navigating between the two.

Although not yet reported in MSM, you may discuss the Focus 12 comment, information regarding Corrie's friends calling him, and the puppy info in this thread. If another poster asks for a supporting link, please do not post the link to the Find Corrie FB page; rather post a link to the FB Live Q&A thread in the parking lot for reference instead.

All other previous rulings regarding the off limits nature of the Find Corrie FB page still stand.

:tyou:

Hi everyone.

Since nearly everything from the FB Live Q&A has now been reported in MSM, I closed the thread in the parking lot to avoid the necessity of navigating between the two.

Although not yet reported in MSM, you may discuss the Focus 12 comment, information regarding Corrie's friends calling him, and the puppy info in this thread. If another poster asks for a supporting link, please do not post the link to the Find Corrie FB page; rather post a link to the FB Live Q&A thread in the parking lot for reference instead.

All other previous rulings regarding the off limits nature of the Find Corrie FB page still stand.

:tyou:

Sorry for asking but what is the parking lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think Corrie could have exited the horseshoe on foot.

Regarding the ‘running man’ CCTV footage - when the camera is focused on the top end of the street, the entrance to the horseshoe is not visible.

If that is the only camera covering the horseshoe, it could be possible for Corrie to finish going to the toilet and then stroll across to Short Buckland while the camera is still focusing on the top end.

Only when the camera refocuses to follow ‘running man’ - back to the same camera angle on which we see Corrie earlier - is the entrance to the horseshoe visible.

While he might not have crossed in this actual sequence of camera movements, I think it could be done.

It depends what private cameras are present further up Short Buckland and the adjoining streets - the What Do They Know map suggests no council-owned ones - but I can envisage him getting at least to the start of Short Buckland without detection.

Yes, you have to enable location services on your phone to see other people's locations. If you disable them you can still open Grindr, but you won't be able to see anyone and, in turn, they won't be able to see you. So it's essentially useless without enabling your location.

The distance is deliberately a bit 'off' in order to discourage stalking and you can choose to hide your distance if you want to. However, hiding is a bit pointless because if the guy to the left of you is 100 metres away and the guy to the right of you is 150 metres away, it doesn't take Einstein to figure out your approximate distance.

You can also choose to send people your GPS location in the form of a map. It's all a bit scary to me so I got rid of it.

We've been told by Nicola that the GPS on Corrie's phone was off....which she said was a shame because if it had been on, then it would have given far more detailed location information.

So without GPS Corrie won't have the access to seeing who's in his vicinity, and they won't be able to see him.

If that app is more designed for spur of the moment hook-ups, it doesn't seem that Corrie is using it that way on the night he disappeared?

And we don't actually know if he did have that app on his phone, we are just discussing the potential implications and the abilities that could emerge from using such an app.

I think I've done all the research I can for now, and I'll try to avoid this thread until new evidence comes about.....

But I'm pretty happy with that he walked/jogged down the horseshoe area to have a piss.....

He cannot have got into a disturbance with somebody as people would have heard - what are people going to do with a dead body in a town centre surrounded by CCTV. Doesn't make sense to me. He can't have walked home if not caught on CCTV and doesn't make sense to walk 3 hours home in the pitch black leaving his car behind. You cannot walk anywhere in pitch black.

I'm always coming back to the ideas he HAS either:

Slept in a bin that has been collected and him and the rubbish incinerated. (Not the one that's been investigated, but the many others in that area).

or

Got picked up by someone (likely a hook-up) and murdered. There are many signals to suggest he is bi-sexual/Gay. Wanted to be a hairdresser, has a photo of men's bums on Facebook, sings musical soundtracks, outgoing and wanting to be the centre of attention, his dress sense. I understand these things don't mean he IS attracted to men, but they all add up and make you question if he is. If he was your hairdresser, cutting your hair whilst wearing a pink shirt and being bubbly and singing musical soundtracks - your Gaydar would be alerted.

These are the only 2 that STILL really make any sense to me. I cannot think up any other theories and the other theories I have heard don't add up, or seem pretty unlikely.
Have to say your last but one para though stereotypical does sound convincing when you put it like that.

I still think Corrie could have exited the horseshoe on foot.

Regarding the ‘running man’ CCTV footage - when the camera is focused on the top end of the street, the entrance to the horseshoe is not visible.

If that is the only camera covering the horseshoe, it could be possible for Corrie to finish going to the toilet and then stroll across to Short Buckland while the camera is still focusing on the top end.

Only when the camera refocuses to follow ‘running man’ - back to the same camera angle on which we see Corrie earlier - is the entrance to the horseshoe visible.

While he might not have crossed in this actual sequence of camera movements, I think it could be done.

It depends what private cameras are present further up Short Buckland and the adjoining streets - the What Do They Know map suggests no council-owned ones - but I can envisage him getting at least to the start of Short Buckland without detection.

Tony Wringe's little map showing the four or five cameras closest to the horseshoe, that shows a camera that someone said was at the end of Well St. but I don't think we know the details of that camera and haven't seen any images from it. But it could mean that even if Corrie crossed from the horseshoe to Short Brackland when the Greenwoods camera was pointing towards the front of Greggs that the Well St camera would catch that? The Cornhill camera doesn't look like it would catch anyone crossing there.

Could it be that both the Greenwoods cam and the Well St cam rotate, and maybe that's what Tony's referring to when he talks of someone needing like a 1 in 10,000 chance to cross without being seen?

But even if Corrie gets (on foot) into Short Brackland there seem to be two cameras down there, one is covering the car park behind the Cornhill centre, and another that looks like private CCTV about mid-way down the street. While I have a question mark over how far down Short Brackland the private CCTV would be able to see (due to a bend in the road) the family seem pretty certain that it would have caught anyone walking past it.

I'm just saying this because without the Well St camera, I think Corrie could have relatively easily crossed from the horseshoe to the first part of Short Brackland while the Greenwoods camera is pointing toward Greggs, but it does become harder to be missed by both cameras. Not that I think that would indicate planning, but just lower probability. But low probability events are not impossible, and they can sometimes happen. I think one thing is that the CCTV viewers would need to correlate the images from both those cameras and see when both point in other directions at the same time, and then try to follow that blank spot around. That is the sort of thing I was hoping for when the police/family said that the MET were going to assist with some work, that the MET would have the resources to identify these blank spots and follow them around from camera to camera.

So, if we assume all that work has been done, then it really does seem to point either at a vehicle pick-up, a bin, or a building very close to the horseshoe, at least for the duration of the CCTV coverage that's been watched.

Do we know what time the car park at the rear of the Cornhill centre closes for the night, or if its possible to park overnight in there?

Have to say your last but one para though stereotypical does sound convincing when you put it like that.

I wouldn't personally add in the 'bums' because I think that's a pretty common military photo.

The rest of it might have gaydar going off, but another thing that goes off is 'vanity'? It doesn't sound like a nice word -- one of the seven deadly sins, so we don't have a nice perception of that word, but I can't think of anything better. In a gay man it doesn't so much indicate vanity as signal-sending and having fun (and it's not something that is common to *all* gay men). But in a straight guy, surely it's indicative of 'vanity' for want of a better word?

Hi I am new on here so this is my first post. I have been reading all of the posts for the past week and lots of interesting comments/suggestions. I read online that having missed his lift into BSE, Corrie drove his own car into town from the base and spoke to his brother on the phone for almost an hour. If he was playing catch up with his friends who apparently accidentally left without him in error, does anyone find it odd that he sat in his car for almost an hour on the phone planning the following weekend when you would think catching up with his mates would have been a priority?

I agree, the most likely logical answer is that he went to sleep in one of the bins where it would have been much warmer than a shop doorway. How sure are the Police that this scenario didn't happen? It seems too much of a coincidence about the route and direction of the ping from the mobile phone.

We've been told by Nicola that the GPS on Corrie's phone was off....which she said was a shame because if it had been on, then it would have given far more detailed location information.

It's actually very accurate. When I use it for plotting the location of a metal detecting find, it gives a Lat/Long reference which when converted into an OS grid reference gives the location of the find to 1m.

If he was wanting to hook up with an app, why would he wait until 3am after passing out on the sidewalk for two hours. I don't there has been any evidence of that. In the last cctv he looked like it's time to call it a night to me. If he wanted to hook up, don't you think he would have tried at the height of his intoxication, soon after being ejected from the bar? Or maybe he would have never gone to the bar in the first place.

Hi I am new on here so this is my first post. I have been reading all of the posts for the past week and lots of interesting comments/suggestions. I read online that having missed his lift into BSE, Corrie drove his own car into town from the base and spoke to his brother on the phone for almost an hour. If he was playing catch up with his friends who apparently accidentally left without him in error, does anyone find it odd that he sat in his car for almost an hour on the phone planning the following weekend when you would think catching up with his mates would have been a priority?

I find it more odd that in the Look East reconstruction video every indication from those interviewed at each venue talked about him as if he was alone. None mention/refer to his friends. The Flex manager even says in his interview that it was like Corrie was approaching people in Flex like he was looking for someone. I just can't think of a reason why it would be stated he was with his mates if he wasn't, though. With his mates being completely silent I guess we'll never know.

It's actually very accurate. When I use it for plotting the location of a metal detecting find, it gives a Lat/Long reference which when converted into an OS grid reference gives the location of the find to 1m.

Think Amonet was saying switched off not off as in inaccurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member