UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the most likely logical answer is that he went to sleep in one of the bins where it would have been much warmer than a shop doorway. How sure are the Police that this scenario didn't happen? It seems too much of a coincidence about the route and direction of the ping from the mobile phone.

I think there remains a possibility of the phone in the bin that was emptied that morning and went on to its next pick-up in Mildenhall. We've been told there's a sort of correlation but not that it was a perfect correlation.

But, the actual bin that was emptied, and possibly contained the phone, was weighed at 11kg and was apparently recycling material. So it seems doubtful to me that Corrie was in that bin.

What are the chances of Corrie being in one bin and his phone in another? (An honest question, not a put-down.)

Hi I am new on here so this is my first post. I have been reading all of the posts for the past week and lots of interesting comments/suggestions. I read online that having missed his lift into BSE, Corrie drove his own car into town from the base and spoke to his brother on the phone for almost an hour. If he was playing catch up with his friends who apparently accidentally left without him in error, does anyone find it odd that he sat in his car for almost an hour on the phone planning the following weekend when you would think catching up with his mates would have been a priority?

This is such a valid point! Thanks for that. Also, he spoke to his brother 4 times that Friday. And not one single time after that the whole weekend? Not one family member tried to contact him? Not one friend? Very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so if we know that Grindr requires GPS and that GPS was disabled on Corrie's phone .... and that the family have said all along that he didn't have Grindr installed anyway ... can we now rule out a Grindr hookup?

I'm aware there are other ways to arrange a hookup, but can we discount Grindr specifically now? Or is there some bit of information I'm overlooking?

Speaking of cameras the news presser clearly states that LE has CCTV the suggestion being that perhaps there is a reason why they can't say anything...The more I hear, the more I think of abduction or some kind of foul play. His phone pinged 9 miles away from where he was last seen and the police officer said it was last active at around 8am, this to me sounds like he either lost it if he managed to get a lift part of the way back to base, or the phone was dumped and ran out of battery, or someone switched it off in that area... 4 hours it was still active in one spot perhaps?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

What are the chances of Corrie being in one bin and his phone in another? (An honest question, not a put-down.)

If that turns out to be the case then it's for sure a case of foul play.

To be honest, if we ever find out the phone was definitely in the bin, then I'll be convinced it's foul play off that alone.

Hi I am new on here so this is my first post. I have been reading all of the posts for the past week and lots of interesting comments/suggestions. I read online that having missed his lift into BSE, Corrie drove his own car into town from the base and spoke to his brother on the phone for almost an hour. If he was playing catch up with his friends who apparently accidentally left without him in error, does anyone find it odd that he sat in his car for almost an hour on the phone planning the following weekend when you would think catching up with his mates would have been a priority?

welcome to WS coach .

re BIB ( bit in bold) I assumed it was cause he was doing some "catch-up" drinking ( his friends would have already been merry by now)but I do think your point is a good one - he's not rushing to meet them is he? He can phone broth any time surely? Presume consensus would be that they're all not that close and Corrie was known to be independent too so it cut both ways. It's a tag-along group if you like.

I have to try and get my head into his mindset - but I'm not 23yr lad - so I just have to think : if I was 23, not that close to the gang or they were not that reciprocal towards me ( take me or leave me) or if I found them a bit dull I might delay as he has done.
The catch-up drinking is also a confidence thing IMO - he's only 23 and not that confident ( pretty normal for 23) and wants to be "up" when he gets in the bar/club as that's his persona - life & soul etc.

OTOH and I have had older mates( guys) who are always "on it"/distracted/trying to cop off all night long - they aren't easy company except in a large crowd/club because they're never happy in the moment.
The needing/wanting to have a puppy does strike me as unusual in his circumstances, vulnerable?

I find it more odd that in the Look East reconstruction video every indication from those interviewed at each venue talked about him as if he was alone. None mention/refer to his friends. The Flex manager even says in his interview that it was like Corrie was approaching people in Flex like he was looking for someone. I just can't think of a reason why it would be stated he was with his mates if he wasn't, though. With his mates being completely silent I guess we'll never know.

I agree, could it be that N is making more of that than there is? Hoping to make people see C in a better light, less of a loner?

I agree, could it be that N is making more of that than there is? Hoping to make people see C in a better light, less of a loner?

I think there's been a lot of that going on.

OK, so if we know that Grindr requires GPS and that GPS was disabled on Corrie's phone .... and that the family have said all along that he didn't have Grindr installed anyway ... can we now rule out a Grindr hookup?

I'm aware there are other ways to arrange a hookup, but can we discount Grindr specifically now? Or is there some bit of information I'm overlooking?

I should think we can move on from the Grindr scenario too

This is such a valid point! Thanks for that. Also, he spoke to his brother 4 times that Friday. And not one single time after that the whole weekend? Not one family member tried to contact him? Not one friend? Very odd.

That's what I find really odd too. If I know my sister has gone out the night before, I always text her the afternoon after to see how her night was?

I think most would agree but we cannot explain why that would be. Do you have any thoughts why that would happen?

I think most would agree but we cannot explain why that would be. Do you have any thoughts why that would happen?

It's either one of two things, or a mixture of the two.

She's a mother, she could possibly just have the rose tinted glasses on. I'd think not given her role as police liaison for family. But yea, rose tinted glasses and there's more to Corrie than she knows.

And that leads into my second idea of what it might be. She's police liaison for family members. She's probably dealt with missing persons cases before and has her own ideas on how to make her son the perfect candidate for as much media exposure as the case needs to get results, or to use that media exposure to get the police to do more than she knows they usually do in missing adults cases. She's already said that the police said to her they're treating it as a "murder enquiry without a body". They won't keep that up forever, and she's probably trying her hardest to keep the investigation from going cold.

What I can say for certain is that at 23, you don't tell your mother/family everything. There's a lot more to Corrie than is being portrayed, IMO. Like there would be anyone else. We are complex creatures.

welcome to WS coach .

re BIB ( bit in bold) I assumed it was cause he was doing some "catch-up" drinking ( his friends would have already been merry by now)but I do think your point is a good one - he's not rushing to meet them is he? He can phone broth any time surely? Presume consensus would be that they're all not that close and Corrie was known to be independent too so it cut both ways. It's a tag-along group if you like.

I have to try and get my head into his mindset - but I'm not 23yr lad - so I just have to think : if I was 23, not that close to the gang or they were not that reciprocal towards me ( take me or leave me) or if I found them a bit dull I might delay as he has done.
The catch-up drinking is also a confidence thing IMO - he's only 23 and not that confident ( pretty normal for 23) and wants to be "up" when he gets in the bar/club as that's his persona - life & soul etc.

OTOH and I have had older mates( guys) who are always "on it"/distracted/trying to cop off all night long - they aren't easy company except in a large crowd/club because they're never happy in the moment.
The needing/wanting to have a puppy does strike me as unusual in his circumstances, vulnerable?

thanks for the welcome! I didn't know that he had four calls with his brother that day, was that four calls with the same brother? I see what you mean about catching up with the drinking and it was a week before pay day but I do find it odd that both sets of friends who went in without him from base had a breakdown of communication and thought he was in the other car. If he had four calls that day to the same brother then almost an hour call at that time of night strikes me as odd. Planning the following weekend, would they not do this nearer the following weekend when he would have been looking to catch up with his mates who had left without him? I know when I am on the phone for half an hour, an awful lot can be said and spoken about in that amount of time so almost a hour seems quite long. It's almost as if he was on his own that night, he went into the club and on entering they asked if he was drunk to which he replied yes. They let him in (I assume they charge an entrance fee) then a mere half hour later they ask him to leave. He then wanders round the town on his own, none of his mates leave the club with him. You would also think that given they left him on the outward journey forcing him to make his own way into BSE, they would have remembered him for the return journey to base. It's all a bit odd.

That's what I find really odd too. If I know my sister has gone out the night before, I always text her the afternoon after to see how her night was?

I've seen a sky news interview with the brother and Tony where the brother said that they planned to speak to each other Sunday, but he said it kind of nonchalantly in the interview so might be nothing.

To be honest, I also got the impression that some of the people being interviewed on that Look East piece were being a bit circumspect with the words they chose?

Which might be understandable if they fear Corrie is deceased, and they didn't know him well, so the instinct is always to not speak ill of the dead.

I just got the sense that when they said, "oh yeah, he seemed like a lovely guy", that it really meant, "actually it was a bit annoying, but I don't like to say that".

Even Nicola has admitted that even a lovable drunken guy could be a bit annoying to someone who simply doesn't want to be bothered on their night out. And I'm not getting the sense that he was anything more than that, it's more an example of how people might gloss things over a bit and why they might do it.

I agree. Also, he wasn't reported missing until the Monday afternoon. I didn't know that he had spoken to his brother four times that day. So from Saturday night until the Monday PM none of his family had tried to contact him? I also agree that there is more to this than meets the eye.

I agree. Also, after he was asked to leave the club for whatever reason he was asked to do so, why didn't he then try and meet up with his friends after leaving? He goes for a takeaway and sleeps for a couple of hours in a doorway, was he so drunk and tired or could it have been something else that made him sleep? Surely he would have returned to the club to wait for his mates coming out or phone one of them to arrange the return trip to base. I know he is being portrayed as this really happy young chap but I think rose tinted specs comes to mind.

I've been thinking about what some people have said about when Corrie's seen passing the grapes it doesn't look like he's carrying *all* the food he got from the pizza place?

We have been told that Corrie chatted to the USAF guy, played rock, paper, scissors with him, nicked a slice of his pizza...I think they were sitting down outside the shop when that happened, so maybe Corrie opened up some of his food as well and ate the burgers while he was with USAF guy? Then he had a lot less food when he passed the Grapes?

It feels like Corrie was having a relaxed nice time with the USAF guy. Corrie looks a bit unsteady but otherwise quite happy and confident in the footage where he goes past the Grapes. So I get the sense that he got 'thrown out' of Flex, it didn't jar him too much, he just went for food, found some people to have some chat and banter with, and he was actually feeling okay in himself when he walked off with his chips to sit in Hughes doorway. I don't get a sense of depression or any deep thinking going on at that point.

jmo

Yes it was watching the press conference that made me really start to think about what his family is trying to portray here. I genuinely think they just wanted us and the police and media to not question his actions too much and to concentrate on helping them look for him. I think they're struggling to understand that making him out to be acting normal when maybe he wasn't does nothing but hinder the process long-term.

Saying that, I also really feel for them because certain buildings in that area have not been searched and they should be. He could be lay right there. He probably is.

Thanks for linking to the appeal down-thread. <modsnip>

anyway re BIB - think they were all pretty up-front that he was a law unto himself for want of a better phrase.
I honestly don't think they were trying to make it sound "normal" but that's JMO. At one point a journo questions would he really go off alone or sleep on a bench etc and then Mum steps in with yes and brother also admits same.
I do agree they wanted to stay focussed on their aim of witness gathering but had to get into the journalists' questions.
There was some deflection re. the RAF buddies but I can see why she felt need to defend his friends as not responsible for leaving him etc. She wouldn't want any blame-games etc. and they'll be feeling bad about it all even though it's not their responsibility at all.

In an earlier post you put that you thought it was odd she wasn't sure about his Regimental duties etc but I now can't find that post so pls clarify if I'm off.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46UD0lk-c2g&feature=youtu.be

ETA - when I get chance I'll look at all the other family interviews on Youtube - maybe I'll change my mind?
PS Coach - yes your point re the 4 calls to the one brother, as he says in the press conf in link above - agree it's a lot, even if some are short as he says. Maybe Corrie needed a lot of support I really don't know. (Some people don't like to be alone/quiet at all, is that part of it?) OTOH Mum said "incredibly close" so could it just be that?

It could be that his judgement is impaired due to alcohol and when he awakens after 3am it suddenly dawns on him that he is alone and stranded in town with few resources. This might not have seemed such an issue when there were more things to do and people to talk to and be entertained by at 1am, so he didn't have much need to try to hook up.

He sounds like a spontaneous and possibly impulsive character. One way to solve the problem of needing somewhere comfortable to sleep and ensure his night is worthwhile is to arrange a hook-up with someone who lives close by.

What I can't understand is that if he was as much of a ladies' man and social animal as we are led to believe, there must have been a chance that other people in his phone's contacts would have been out on the town that evening - we learn from MSM interviews that he was a distinctive personality around town.

If I were in his predicament, I would have been trying to establish who nearby had a sofa I could crash on until the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE